Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest  - Page 5 Empty Re: Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 am

The girl eventually came to a stop when the fight was called due to time. Wordlessly, she looked around as people left the arena. While she stood there, that same bird that attacked Saki would fly over and then land on the top of her head and begin to preen.

She walked over to Saki, the bird bobbing on her head with each step, and when she got close to her, the girl stopped. She waited for Leo to stop before she raised a cloth wrapped hand. "Ah missed yer sorry ass right nao, but I won't fooking miss it next 'ime." She said in a thick Sutherland accent. The bird on her head bobbing it's head, which caused her to roll her extremely mismatched eyes up. "Magpie sayin' 'e loikes th' taste o'yer hair."

She then turned around a left Saki and Leo, probably more confused then before she opened her mouth.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest  - Page 5 Empty Re: Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:24 am

When the remaining fighters would return to the waiting area, the only evidence of the forty-something fighters that crowded the room before were discarded bones, half-eaten scraps, and mugs of ale littering the room. That is of course ignoring the unconscious suit of armor still wedged into the ceiling by the head. The ticket-taker from earlier lumbered into the room, this time balancing a tower of cookies on his right hand. He addressed the bunch, sometimes picking up a cookie from his tower and popping it in his mouth between sentences.

"Alright, it's not exactly the usual line-up, but hey, let's see where things go. *munch* So here's what's gonna happen. When all of you entered, you were assigned a number. We're gonna pick a pair of numbers of a bowl here *munch* and that's who you'll be fightin' in the semi-finals. *munch* Alright, let's see where this goes."

After dumping folded sheets into a bowl, he tossed them around like a salad and pulled out a pair at a time, all the while keeping vigilant care of his balancing tower of sweets.

1st match Ren Lyncain vs Gwyn
    2nd match Saki Nousagi vs Jinn Brettmann
    3rd match Jack vs Dr. Marshall
    4th match Clown vs Drake Sheafwood

"*munch* So here are the rules for your matches. Weapons are allowed and so is magic, but nothing that obscure the audience's view of the fight. If you kill your opponent, you're disqualified. The fight ends either when an opponent is unable to continue fighting or is knocked out of the ring's boundaries. As long as you don't kill your opponent, just about any method is allowed."

After the pairings were announced, the grizzly blacksmith told them they had an hour to rest before the fights finally start. He turned and walked away, probably to replace the tower of cookies that miraculously disappeared during the talk.

"You're the one called Saki, eh?" The ginger in the chestnut brown suit and bowler hat walked up to the enkidu, greeting her with a cheerful smile and a wave. He can also be recognized as the incredibly sociable guy from earlier. "Yo. I saw you out there. Are you a martial artist? Ah, name's Jinn, fastest man in the Expiate!"

The overly cheery red-head tipped his bowler hat and offered his hand to Saki.

"It's rare that I get the chance to spar with an enkidu. Let's be friends!"

"Hey hey, is anybody injured?" The man in the doctor's coat called out from a nearby table where he had set up a first-aid kit and was pulling on latex gloves. We have a full hour or so. I can check up on everyone. It's best to be on top condition, right?"

The young boy in the cloak had walked off to the far side of the room and looked like he was tinkering with something under his cape while his back was turned to everyone. The masked jester was adsorbed in juggling bean bags while the black coat was staring him down, most likely trying to study his opponent.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"..." Gwyn almost missed the name of her opponent as she stared up at the suit of armor, dangling lifelessly, a small look of concern on her face. Was... that normal? Well, whatever.

"Ren Lyncain..." she repeated quietly, arms crossed, deep in thought before finally looking back up. "Ren Lyncain, if you are here, know this; I expect an excellent, and fair, fight out of you! No punches pulled, for I will do the same!" she shouted, heading over to a corner of the room to retrieve a sword. No, not a sword, it was too big, too thick, too heavy and too long.

Well okay while it looked like a spear, it was certainly a sword upon closer inspection, and somewhere, a fairy breathed a sigh of relief.

"... Well, I suppose I'll hold back a little bit, seeing as we're not supposed to kill each other." It was a little obvious that she was sore about not fighting her Destined Rival, but then again, maybe in the finals...

A small smirk showed up on her tightly-pulled lips. Yes, the finals was definitely where they should clash! It was only right, after all!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Watching the small girl go, it took awhile for Saki to process what she was saying, especially since it was hard for her to pick up what she said with her accent. Almost five seconds later, however, she flushed bright red and exclaimed, "W-wait, that was your lousy bir--"

The announcements came on. Saki neither had time to comprehend the girl had disappeared nor to stay upset. Instead, she paid attention to the name of her rival. Jinn...Jinn...it didn't really ring a bell. Nor did it need to. Soon enough her opponent made her away towards her and introduced himself. He was apparently an Expiate officer--the "fastest", he claimed. Whatever the case, Saki made a quick salute.

"O-oh, it's an honor to be fighting you, Mister Jinn, sir!" she said. "My name's Saki Nousagi and I guess people 'round these parts call me 'The Rabbit's Foot'. Though technically speaking, I'm a hare. A-anyways, it's nice to meet you."

She stretched out her hand and tried to give a polite, but firm handshake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am