Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals  Empty Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 am

The waiting room was significantly more vacant with the final round closing in, with the contestants that made it through left to rest and chatter until they fixed the arena. With the young lady knight getting her opponent to step out of bounds and the hare enkidu's opponent forfeiting halfway through, the two were allowed to tend to themselves in the waiting
    room. As for the clown and the longcoat man, their fight was an odd one that ended with both dropping out.

Marshalls was wrapping a bandage around Saki's arm. He placed a hand over the spot. The palm of his hand emitted a light glow as he healed the sore spot.

"There we go, your arm should be right as rain," the cartic doctor announced proudly. He was fairly banged up from his own fight earlier but he seemed attentive to mending the wounds of his competition instead of himself. He looked over at the warrior girl's direction and waved her over. "You looked like you got burned earlier from that steam. Mind if I take a look at you young lady?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals  Empty Re: Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals

Saki had to say, as much as she thought the old man she fought would be easy, the officer made her run fro his money. In fact, the only reason she felt she got out of that fight was because she was willing to let herself get set on fire rather than dodge. What could she say? Brute force worked! That did, however, leave her with the predicament of a razed right arm. the doctor from the earlier fights had offered to bandage it, which she was much obliged to accept.

"Thanks again for doing this, doc," she said happily, her hare ears standing upright. "I saw your fight earlier. You were pretty great! It's a shame I won't get to fight you though and see those moves for myself."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals  Empty Re: Day 01 Fighter's Guild Tournament; prelude to the finals

Saki had to say, as much as she thought the old man she fought would be easy, the officer made her run fro his money. In fact, the only reason she felt she got out of that fight was because she was willing to let herself get set on fire rather than dodge. What could she say? Brute force worked! That did, however, leave her with the predicament of a razed right arm. the doctor from the earlier fights had offered to bandage it, which she was much obliged to accept.

"Thanks again for doing this, doc," she said happily, her hare ears standing upright. "I saw your fight earlier. You were pretty great! It's a shame I won't get to fight you though and see those moves for myself."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:16 am

"O-Oh, no, I'm good, thanks! See, it was just a graze!" It had not been a graze, but it was an easier explanation than "I got better" as she showed her face to Marshalls, not a single hint of the burns remaining. Luckily, Saki spoke up to her, and gave her a quick out of what could be an awkward line of questioning. "Oh? You're not half bad yourself... throwing yourself into fire like that, I almost choked when I saw it! A brave move, indeed! ... Though, hmm, how ARE they going to handle this final round? Who could've seen that those two would both knock each other out..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Graze? You had a cloud of steam blown right into your face," the doctor stated with a worried expression. "Mmm, it certainly wasn't what I expected."

He crossed his arms and pondered the events.

"I certainly didn't expect the tailcoat to pull out a gun, but even while getting shot at the clown made a show of falling off the stage. It would've been funny if it wasn't so dangerous."

Marshalls lowered his head and hummed to himself thoughtfully before looking back up at the girls.

"You know, if I may say, you two are certainly unique," he commented. "I've seen quite a number of sorts but none quite like you two. So why have you ladies entered the tournament? It certainly can't be for the prestige. The national fighters guild is not exactly known for great esteem."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Once the doctor finished with the bandaging, Saki flexed out her arms and fingers.

"Great work, doc!" she said chirpily.

She listened to Gwyn's own remark, and was impressed that the girl wasn't easily  phased by injury. Truly, if it hadn't been for their current situation, she would have wanted to befriend Gwyn right off the bat.

"Well, I still say you were cooler out there," she said.
    "I could have never had the control and speed to handle such a cumbersome weapon. The only reason my gauntlets can be heavy is because the steam propels them forward in assistance!"

She listened to the doctor asked why they were in the fight.

"What are you talking about?" she said.
    "I love the fighter's guild! Leo tells me he used to watch your brawls, and when he told me about it, I just had to see them myself. I used to want to join the tournament and here I am! Plus, who doesn't enjoy a good ol' brawling?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:17 am

"W-Well, I must admit, I wish I had some sort of steam-powered feature to it... but, it's not that hard to use this, once you train with it for a while!" Gwyn said, sheepishly rubbing her nose to hide the pink on her cheeks, before the doctor asked them both a question, a question that seemed to spark a little frustration at how it was asked.

"... E-Er, well, I suppose you could say... it's my debut, in front of some people I'd like to call out soon," she explained, taking the chance to draw her blade and give it a few practice swings off to the side. "... And I suppose you could say I'm scouting for interesting people. I'd like to find others who'd be interested in the ultimate challenge of strength and combat prowess. I'd like to say more, but... now's not exactly the time."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Scouting for people?" Marshalls parroted, tilting his head to the side inquisitively. "Are you looking to start a guild young lady? Cause most people who enter this context already belong to a guild or order of their own. Well, I don't, but most."

He raised his head and held his chin between his thumb and forefinger. "Now that I think about it, I think most of the contestants in the preliminary aren't affiliated with a group. How strange."

He shrugged and put away his medical supplies. "And you know, those who aren't affiliated with a guild who enter this contest are usually aiming to get scouted by the Fighter's Guild. Don't quite get it myself, but the guildmaster is an interesting man."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Saki pressed her finger on her chin thoughtfully.

"A debut, eh...?" she said. Her ears then perked up as she looked at Gwyn in excitement. "Oh my gosh! Are you going to introduce yourself as a world-class brawler and challenge anyone who goes into your ring?? Because that would be amaaaaziiing!"

She then listened to what the doctor had to say about the Fighter's Guild. She was already quite aware about people in the contest and them being guild members from Leo, so she didn't have much to add. She was also said Gwyn was reluctant to share more about her situation, but decided not to press on it. Leo said she was always too nosy.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Something bigger," Gwyn replied to Marshall's question, only to glance at Saki as she spoke up, "... Y-you could say that. Let's just say I intend on changing the world once I win." It was a big ambition but kids tended to speak of big ambitions easily.

"... I intend on making a kingdom." Okay, THAT was a bit of a ridiculous ambition though. "And every kingdom needs strong knights, right? So I'm sure someone will be interested... I've met a young man who only wanted to fight strong opponents, he could be swayed, I imagine... Hmmm, if you enjoy a good fight, perhaps you should join me, too!" she added, looking back at Saki and smiling brightly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 am