A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:21 am

"GWAAAAAAAAGH!" the pot-bellied man howled as the pair of girls hit him simultaneously, his body trying to go two different directions at once. "YOU! ... Little!" He growled a pained threat, his eyes wild with vengeance as he looked to be readying a counterattack, but before one can say 'Excuse me' a large-bodied man flew into him and they both fell off the arena boundaries together, along with about three other guys that couldn't get out of the way fast enough.

The source can be seen as a straight gap in the crowd led to him. It was the young boy from earlier, still wearing the ragged cloak with the hood drawn over his head, only one leather gloved arm protruding from the flap.

"And another promising one! Only using one arm this entire time, the cloaked contender has knocked out opponent after opponent! The group is thinning out already at this point. There are several others already marking their territory!"

Just as the announcer stated, clusters of fighters seem to be focusing on parts of the arena. In one there's a handsome man, his short hair making him look like a soldier but his doctor's coat says otherwise. He hands were raised in position with one guarding his face and the other guarding the lower half of his torso. His fingers were curled but the palm is left open, each digit and thumb straight from the knuckle and bending at a right angle resembling outstretched claws or talons. His legs are bent low, his left foot flat on the ground in front of him and his right behind him and on its haunches. The hand guarding his face moved back for a moment to push up his rimless glasses, but went back to position soon after.

"Alright everyone, turn your head and say 'Ow'. Let's make this quick now. I have an appointment waiting for me after this. Take your shots without crying now. Don't worry. It won't hurt a bit."

In another area, the man wearing the tanned suit and bowler hat was throwing hooks and jabs at anyone that got within his arm's length circle. His arms dropped to the sides and he looked relaxed and unguarded, but everyone learned by now that that was just his taunt to goad people into getting close to him.

"Come on, come on, give me a good ol' show why doncha?" he taunted the surrounding fighters. After a while, he raised his hands, palm to the skies, and shrugged. "Alright then. Guess I'll end this quick."

Then in one fluid flash of motion, he raised a fist to the air and smashed it down, his knuckles not even getting a foot above the ground below him, yet in that instant a sudden pressure exploded from the ground and launched ten fighters surrounding him at once into the air. Leaping up after them, he spun in spun and knocked them all off the boundaries with a mini dervish of flying kicks before slamming back to the ground on both feet.

In another place across the arena, a man wearing a brown weather coat with black, messy hair seems to just casually stand in place while whoever attempts to engage him gets their arm grabbed and tossed off a solid ten meters.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Gwyn had, for the most part, ignored her mysterious assailant, occasionally following the brief movements with her eyes. Saki's and her target having to go over the ledge before she rose from her crouched position.

"... Tch, there's a hypocritic oaf over there... Oooh, I'll have to call him that when we face off.... some sort of throwing expert, no point in fighting him, I could fight that powerful gentleman over there... or, perhaps it'd be better if I dealt with the most annoying of gnats," the girl spoke up, her muscles still coiled, managing the extra strain. She was waiting again, waiting for that annoying skirt-ruffler to come back. With her heightened reflexes in this state, she was going to simply dig her toes into the annoyance's solar plexus and step over them to the next threat. "There's no point in us fighting yet, Saki, there's still too many flies nipping at us. It'd be better if the winner doesn't get picked off after their victory, right?"

Come on, show yourself again...

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"I guess you have a point," Saki told Gwyn as she dodged most of the people in the fracas. "I personally like the one-on-ones more. Brawls like these just make all of us smell the same: mead and sweat. It's super gross. Well, I'll see you on the other end, then!"

Saki was trying to avoid everyone as much as possible now. She realized that if she exhausted all of her energy now, she might not have any left for the real thing. Better to wait for the stupid ones to finish each other off. She did notice however that someone was doing the same thing she was. She couldn't make out the figure exactly even in broad daylight because it was moving too fast, but it was there with bright eyes and just darting left and right.

She wondered who it was. For some reason, her gut told her to try and look for it. Using her quick reflexes to keep away from everyone else, she started to make off and look for the figure, seeing if she could approach it and get a better look.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:22 am

Saki would then hear a strangled cry of surprise as a male contestant, a slip of a youth, only slightly larger then her was flipped over someone's shoulder and dumped out of the area. The person who removed the boy was a girl, an astonishingly tiny girl at that.

The girl stands at about 150cm tall with a very lean build. Her complexion, when it doesn't look dirty or ruddy, is a pale cream color and her short, disheveled hair is pale grey in color. Her hands are bandaged up to her elbows with shredded, discarded cloth strips and she also has a pair of wraps around her forearms to keep them in place, to hide the fact her forearms and hands mutated during her Moira incident. She wears similar bandages on her feet and shins, as well as some on her thighs, her wears a pair of old crappy boots on her feet. She wears a torn, ruddy and resewn blouse over her slim torso, the item having been cutup and remade to fit her form better, she wears a grey waist coat over the blouse, the vest obviously old and for a smaller person so it hugs her slender body rather tightly. She wears a wrap skirt over her waist and lap.

There are several loose straps of leather dangling from her waist and one thigh as well as an empty leather void just under her left armpit, empty weapon slings and sheaths.

She fixed Saki with a stare from a dead neutral mask. A normal looking green eye, and an animalistic slitted red eye burn at her unblinklingly, as the girl soundlessly dodges around a pair of men tussling while advancing towards Saki. It was at that same moment that Saki, and Gwyn for that matter heard some noise clearly over the din of the free for all, and it sounded like a crow's caw.

When the bird's cry ended, the girl ducked low and pushed off with both feet as she started dashing towards Saki, both arms held to her side as she ducked and weaved about the other fighters.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

With Saki and her in agreement, Gwyn rushed off to thin the numbers out further. Two young men seemed to be in a rather prolific struggle, trading punches one after the other.

"UWAAAAAAA TAYLORRR!!!!"

"BEEEEEEEENNNNNN!" they roared, clearly having some history to their struggle, both pulling back for heavy haymakers as, on cue, Gwyn shoved them both off the arena, not about to skip a chance to drop two more of the diminishing numbers.

"Shoooo... Alright, let's see, from here I guess there's just a few more..."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Between dodges and kicks, Saki had kept her eyes on the small girl. It was amazing how the small thing was able to evade the large rowdy men around here. Wait a minute. How old was this girl? Was she even allowed to be in the competition?

Saki's ears twitched as she heard the sound of a crow. For a moment she looked upwards expecting to see a bird, but she saw none. When she looked down, however, the girl was charging right at her.

"Um," was all Saki could murmur in her surprise.

She widened her stance, lowered herself a little, and tried to get ready to grapple the girl.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

The small girl ran headlong at Saki, dodging and weaving between, under and behind combatants while seeming to keep a singular focus on her. In fact, it was weird how she was able to unerringly evade everything happening around her without even bothering to look around.

It was also at that time that Saki noticed a weight on her head, along side the small pinpricks of pain that came with hair pulling... Then the feeling of a tiny foot stamping on her head. Is... is a bird trying to pick a fight with Saki now?

Wait, back to that girl, she was getting closer.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 am

"TIIIIIIME'S UUUUUUUP!"

A booming voice echoed in the air and all the fighters froze at its sound, and as everyone looked around, far more than half the original fighters were left. In fact, there were only about eight.

Gwyn

Saki

Jack

The doctor

The ginger

The black coat

The clown

The boy in the cloak

"Luckyyyyy! I perfect even number!" the announcer called out. "And every single one an unexpected contender! Hold on to your seats folks, cause the fighting climax is about to go underway. I can't wait to see what these fighters are- WHY IS THE CLOWN STILL THERE??"

A wave of boos came from the crowd as they threw tomatoes and fruits at the clown in the top hat. It let out a panicked wail as it flailed around trying to dodge the discarded produce. In a heartbeat it jumped off the stage and scampered for the door into the fighters' room.

"All remaining contestants go back to the fighters' room. You'll be paired off there while we clear out the unconscious fellahs on ground."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Gwyn was on her way to the doctor when the bell was rung, so to speak. Dropping her fists, she sighed and dusted off her skirt. Bare knuckle fighting wasn't exactly her thing, so she was happy it was over, but still, all she got was some small fry! The big hitters were still around!

"Tch... Ah, well, it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy, I suppose," she mused, heading back to the fighters room. As soon as she was in, she waited at the door for Saki, joining her once she too entered the room. "Even numbers... let's see, that should be about three fights total for each of us, if I understand the concept of tournaments right! It's a shame it's not jousting, but... well, whatever, I wouldn't have been able to bring my steed anyway."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Saki had been anticipating the girl and keeping her focus, but she was taken by surprise when something yanked at her hair.

"A-aggh! What the heck!?"

Sharp, hooked talons clutched at her long brown strands. When Saki turned to look at what was causing it, she saw a raven. She growled.

"Agh! GO AWAY YOU PESKY BIRD!" she growled.

She contemplated making a roar, but her peripheral vision caught the little girl drawing closer. Just as she thought she was going to get hit, time was over. Saki pulled away from the raven and touched her head tenderly.

"Owie...what was with that bird??" she murmured to herself.

A hand placed itself on her shoulder.

"Looks like you made it to the next round, runt," a tall man with shoulder-length hair said. He wore a black vest lined with fur, long black trousers and boots. On his back was a giant one-sided sword.

Saki pouted.

"Oh, shut up, Leo!" she said. "Why the heck did you abandon me!? You said we were going to win this thing together!"

The man shrugged.

"Eh, I was too busy enjoying my mead," he said. "Anyways, good luck. You have some competition. Namely two tiny girls and three giant guys."

Saki was going to retort, but he was soon lost in the crowd. Heading back to the fighter's room, Saki sighed and looked around to find Gwyn. She had lost sight of the small girl that tried attacking and wondered if she was here already, too. Upon seeing Gwyn, Saki called out and waved.

"Hey! Congrats on making it to the next round! Hope we get to fight one another?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm