A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 Fighter's Guild Contest Fight 02; Saki Nousagi vs Jinn Brettman

Lilac
    Admin

Day 01 Fighter's Guild Contest Fight 02; Saki Nousagi vs Jinn Brettman

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 am

The sky was clear and the crowd was jumpy with anticipation. The area has been cleaned and swept fresh in preparation, tiny particles of salt sprinkled along the ground to maintain traction. Without the four dozen contenders crammed into it, the arena stage seemed a lot more spacious. The stone blocks are arranged to a solid square measuring 35x35 meters. It was plenty of room for a one on one fight, but the risk of stepping out of bounds is prominent.

All of the onlookers looked excitedly on as they brought out the fighters paired to contend. The rules were simple. Weapons and magic were allowed in any form but killing is forbidden. Any style of fighting is allowed as long as the view of the audience is not obscured from the main action. No outside interference allowed, etc etc. The winner gets to proceed to the next round, the loser gets booted. The fighters were placed right center of the stage, ten meters apart from each other and an even space away from the boundaries.

The ginger in the chestnut brown suit stood, facing his opponent, pulling on tight a pair of nutmeg brown leather gloves. He didn't wear those gloves during the knockout round. On the back of each hand and on each knuckle bone was a subtly protruding lump. Most likely the gloves hide metal plates that have been sewn in. Both the ginger man's eyes and mouth seem stuck on a smile, but it wasn't a cocky or smug sort. He looked more like he was coming to play a round of golf with an old friend. He lifted up his bowler hat and tipped it to Saki respectfully.

"On one side we have Officer Jinn Brettman of the Expiate!" the announcer declared. "Don't let his smile fool ya folks! This ginger gentleman has sent bigger men flying with his fast paced practical boxing methods! He's apparently known to be the fastest man on the Expiate, at least that's how he introduced himself to us! Let's not make this fight too fast now, we got an audience to entertain!"

The crowd cheered for the Expiate officer who turned to face every direction and tipped his bowler hat to each side with a fool's smile.

"And facing him is Saki Nousagi, member of the Grimm Guild! We're getting a real treat here folks! Not everyday we get to see a man fight an enkidu!"

The referee steps back, allowing the two a momentary verbal exchange prior to the match.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Day 01 Fighter's Guild Contest Fight 02; Saki Nousagi vs Jinn Brettman

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 am

Saki stepped into the fighting grounds; the strange large metal gauntlets dangling at the sides of her waist clanged as she did.

Okay, Saki. Nothing new here, she told herself. No reason to get nervous.

After all, she had been waiting to beat someone to a pulp for awhile now. After having been put on probation due to her...recklessness on one mission, she really needed this energy. This adrenaline. She was going to frickin' punch someone today.

It was just a pity she was going to do it to this poor gentleman.

However loud the yelling and cheering from the crowd was, it was only louder in Saki's ears. The long velvety-brown appendages pricked at the comment the referee made. She placed her hands on her hips.

"Oh, come on. Don't act like I haven't kicked your sorry behinds before," she said to him as she walked up to Jinn. She offered her biggest smile and extended a hand.

"Nice to meet you, officer!" she said perkily. "Let me just say outright that I'm honored to see a member of the Expiate in person. And also, sorry, because I'm going to have you either stuck in an infirmary for a week or broke from having to purchase all the town's healing salves."

Probably not the best way to make a first impression on an organization she had always aspired to, but eh.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Ah hahaha!" the ginger man chuckled out loud at the remark, flashing her a smile and two thumbs pointed to the sky. "I like your spirit young lady. So I won't hold back, alright?"

He turned his head to the left and to the right, letting out loud cracking noises. He displayed nothing but confidence and casually stretched himself out.

"Don't underestimate me now though. I've sparred against Enkidu before and once I got to fight a change fist master. Hit me with all you got."

He started hopping in in place slightly, raising up his fists at the ready, one guarding his face and the other readied in front of him.

"So you admire the Expiate eh? There's another stationed over at the golem show and others spread along the city." He continued to talk as he warmed himself up, never breaking his rhythm. "Y'know, I'm not here for pleasure. I'm actually here to monitor cantus activity. I actually would've just left if I didn't find anything, but towards the end of the last round, I detected something. I can't pinpoint the source, that's why I gotta watch all of the remaining contenders closely."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Saki couldn't hide her own surprise upon hearing the bit of information.

"Really, now?" she said a little softer. "Well, it's obvious I'm no user. I do wish you the best of luck but don't think that's enough to let you win the round and move on."

Saki lowered her hands into the metal contraptions at her sides. There was a sharp "clunk" as they locked into place and wrapped around her hands in the form of gauntlets.

"You ready, old man?" she said as she lowered her stance and raised her hands close over her face in a fighting position. "Because you're about to taste some Nousagi-brand metal!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 am

"E-eh?? Old man?" Jinn stammered, caught off by Saki's statement. "He now, I'm only twenty-five young lady. Ah well..."

The ginger man got into a fighting stance, bouncing on the balls of his feet and his fists raised, his left in front of him while his right guarded his chin.

"Just so you know, your roar is ineffective against my type of magic."

"Ready...." the ref raised his hand, ".... FIGHT!"

In a flash, Jinn closed the distance and got right in the Enkidu girl's face. His knee shot up, aimed for her stomach.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

While the statement had confused Saki a bit, she was quick to see Jinn closing in on her and with her hands ready, she parried, attempting to push the knee to the side to throw him off balance. She moved sideways to face against his back and aimed for a punch at his head.

"Oh, who said I'm going to need my roar to beat you?" she said.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

The ginger man spun on the heel still planted on the ground, adjusting himself to the diversion of his leg's momentum and keeping his balance till his kicking leg was planted back on the ground.

"Then you'll get to see one hell of a show!" Jinn exclaimed. As Saki threw her punch, the ginger man suddenly disappeared in a blur. He was in a quarter of a second suddenly ten feet to the right, a trail of smoke wafting up from where he was to where he is. His back was faced to Saki, his head turn to look at her cockily from over his shoulder as he bounced on his toes and cracked his knuckles. On the bottom of his heels were glowing magic circles carved into the wood.

"Dash," he stated he spun around and got in his low boxing stance. "That's my specialized magic combining the principles of force and manipulation magic."

He slid his forward foot back and forth. "I manipulate the surface of the ground, see? For a very short moment, I remove the roughness and resistance on the ground, making a certain section of the surface area surrounding me extremely smooth. Then, I propel using force, allowing me to travel extremely fast in any one direction by sliding right along a surface devoid of resistance. That's what makes me the fastest man around. With my magic, I can even keep up with a trained Enkidu warrior. I'm pretty cool, huh?"

He cracked his neck and loosen his shoulders. "I don't like going all out against girls, but I've sparred with a change fist master once so I can't take you for granted."

He raised up his fists in an aggressive boxer's stance. The back his hands were glowing. There wasn't anything inscribed on his gloves but something underneath was glowing right through the leather. A ring of cartic symbols appeared, circling around his fists like a pair of bracelets. His fists suddenly catches ablaze with blue fire down to the elbows.

"Witch Trial: Fire Judgement," Jinn stated out loud. "High-level Expiate magic that combines manipulation, destruction, and force magic. Not only do my punches carry a lot more power and burns my opponent, but the very flow of anima and lei is burned and disrupted by this magic, weakening spells and making casting harder with every blow. Although I guess this doesn't matter to you."

The ginger man threw punches at the air, and with each punch a small fireball shot out. Wwo of them were curving in from the left and three of them were coming from the right. Jinn dug his shoes to the ground and dashed towards Saki at blinding speed. If she attempted to dodge the fireballs by leaping forward, she would be met with the ginger coming at her head on and throwing a fire laden punch to her stomach.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Is all you ever do talk?"

To Jinn's surprise, Saki would not try to dodge, but charge forward and perform a parry on the hand that tried to head towards her stomach. The thick metal of her gauntlets would try to cover around the fire, and if any of its heat affected Saki, she sure didn't show it.

She took a quick glance at Jinn and grinned smugly.

She'd quickly dispel the punch and push it away from her while her leg swooped in to try and displace Jinn. Whether she was successful or not, her other fist would clench as steam of some sort propelled it forward towards Jinn's face.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 pm