A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Day 01 The Fighter's Guild Contest

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 am

"Whoops! Pardon me! Lots of mead comin' through!"

A girl just a few feet away from Gwyn and the strange young man was shouting as she squished herself through tables carrying about eight mugs of filled to the brim with mead. The girl was about 5'7" in height, well, she would have been if she didn't have long dark brown hare ears that matched her long brown hair. There was no doubt she was an Enkidu, a race that seemed to be growing in numbers in the land due to immigration since a few years back. They were ironically a little more welcomed than Walpurgis, particularly in Stahlmin and Aldmerrow on account of close partnerships.

The girl's hare ears weren't the only thing that stood out, either. The pale amber-eyed girl wore a combat outfit that consisted of light brown chest armor and shorts that covered long black stockings and what appeared to be heavy, metal boots. Belted onto her were large mechanical gauntlets which she seemed to be able to carry without a problem.

While the girl seemed to be capable of holding her heavy weaponry, she did seem to have a problem carrying her mead. Clumsy fingers tried to keep mug handles locked into them, but couldn't on account of fruit pinched to her sides by her arms.

"Leo..." she grumbled. "I swear I'm gonna kill that guy and--"

The girl's heavy left boot landed on a mead mug that just happened to roll on the floor.

"AGH!"

The girl yelped as her foot rolled forward and caused her to stumble, splashing a decent volume of good mead against Gwyn's and her companion's backs.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:17 am

*drip*..... *drip* ..... *drip*....

Glaring at the general direction in front of him. Drops of the spicy ale fell off his hair, his head and shoulders completely soaked in mead. A tankard laid upside-down on top of his head, perfectly balanced as he didn't seem to move an inch.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"..." Gwyn, meanwhile, was rather safe from the airborne liquid, her sword taking the brunt of the sticky assault. "Ah..." she began, only to rise up from her seat, turn around, and steady the girl by the shoulders.

"You should be more careful, you could've gotten hurt!" Well, of course she wasn't mad, she'd used her sword as a shield when she heard the stumble behind her. Gods, though, if she'd gotten this dress dirty... after spending all that money to buy it... Oh, she would've run someone through, for sure!

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

A terrified gasp would come from behind them. The chocolate-haired girl had jolted up and rushed to their sides, her mouth agape in horror and her hands hovering close to her face.

"Oh my goodness! I'm SO sorry!" she said.[/color] "I-I didn't soil your clothes d-did I? U-um, here! L-let me wipe all that off you two!"

Hastily, the girl would take the cloth wrapped around her waist and start wiping the dark-haired boy's face and then quickly move to try and polishing Gwyn's sword. Her eyes were wide and teary.

"S-see? N-no harm! Please don't tell on me! I swear I just came here to fight! I didn't even want any stupid mead anyways!"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

The young man stood up and started walking away grumpily, his cloak waving along with his stride.

"Alright ya maggots, get ready!"

The grizzly looking weapon smith stepped into the room, twirling his stone hammer by the strap. Meanwhile, in the other fist he was holding onto a caramel apple with peanut sprinkled on. Not bothering to mind the snickers as the large muscular man crunched onto the sweet treat, he went on his announcement.

"The preliminary rounds of the tournament are about to begin. Leave your weapons here and get ready to file out onto the arena when we give the call. We got people watching your every move, so if you use a weapon, we'll know. Get caught, and you're out."

"Oi, Oi, I thought this was a contest of warriors," an armored man with a pair of greatswords sheathed to his back stepped up. "A mere metal masher may not understand, but a real warrior fights the way he likes and takes everything that comes at him on the battlefield. And yet you ask us to lay down our arms? This won't be much of a contest if we can't-"

Before the snuffy mercenary can continue, he'd find a fist clench onto a candy apple slamming into his jaw and launched him up, driving his head straight through the wooden ceiling.

"Eat your fill and don't be smartasses," the blacksmith grumbled as he crunched onto his candy, this time with the absence of any snickering. He combed some nuts off his beard with his fingers. "We'll be starting in a few minutes. Say your prayers."

He turned around and walked through the tent flap, all the while the armored man was still hanging from the ceiling, limp as a noodle. That was one contestant already out.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"... Tell on you? Why would I do that?" Gwyn asked, an eyebrow raised as she stared at the girl. However, before she could get an answer, out came the smith again, this time with a delightful treat that, well, Gwyn couldn't help but stare intently at it, giving a bit of a listen to the instructions as she did. Something about no weapons, and then some guy opening his mouth, and then him being made into some sort of modern art spectacle. What a delightful atmosphere!

"Well, I suppose my sword getting dirtied turned out to be quite fine regardless. It's a shame I won't get to use it, but... well, wrestling with a human is a lot easier than a bear, right?" she asked the girl before turning around to hear the young man's opinion. Instead of him, however, she found an empty spot where he previously occupied space. "... Ah, curses! He escaped before I could get his name! ... Ah, well, whatever. You then! What's your name, miss?" she instead turned her attention to the girl that'd soaked her blade and compatriot(?), giving her a big grin as she picked at what little food wasn't soaked in the mead she'd sent flyi- wait a second. It finally clicked in, as she slowly rose out of her seat, before turning back to the girl.

"... Your ears.... are adorable! You simply must sit with me, come, come! My name is Gwyn Althaus!" Back down, Gwyn continued to pick at her food as she motioned the girl to join her. That was the least she could do, considering she chased off her other conversation companion!

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

The Enkidu yelped when the boy stood up and left.

"Um...s-sorry again!" she said as she waved to him. She sighed and turned to Gwyn, blushing and looking to the side awkwardly. Her two animal ears drooped as she scratched her head. "Oh, um, w-well, my friend usually gets mad at me when I--"

The conversation was quickly interrupted by the same burly man from earlier. It appeared the contest was about to start.

"Ah, forget the stupid mead," the girl said to no one in particular. "Anyways, sorry about disturbing you and the other guy. Um, you can just call me Triela. I'm part of the Fighter's Guild here in Aldmerrow."

Upon receiving the remark about her ears, the girl blushed a bit. It wasn't really like people to compliment them. If ever, they made it awkward for her to go around.

"Oh, these old things?" she said as she straightened them up. "I always just thought they were ordinary ears, to be honest. Eheh...nice to meet you, Gwyn! And I guess I can sit with you. No point in fetching mead for my friends since this thing is starting."

Saki sat down and tossed her long brown hair behind her. There was a bunch of food, but instead of going for meat, Saki picked an apple instead.

"So, are you visiting or are you a local here in Aldmerrow, Miss Gwyn?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"Hmmm... well, I guess I'm sort of a local," Gwyn explained, "I live out in a nearby forest with my older sister, and we mostly trade with passing soldiers and merchants, for supplies, books and equipment. For instance, I once got a book about the mystical Orient, where Enkidu come from!" Gwyn excitedly exclaimed, remembering the tales vividly.

"It seemed so amazing... a land where human-esque creatures with animal tails and ears, once living in harmony, now engage in a long, drawn-out civil war! A land where a nine-tailed fox once used her divination and faith to eliminate an entire army with a massive storm, clothes made of pure silk, unique foods, metal folded a hundred times and the ability to make one wish true if you make one thousand paper cranes... I'd very much like to go there one day, perhaps after I'm done with my work on this continent. ... Ah, m-my apologies, here I am preaching about it like I'm talking to someone who's never been," Gwyn sheepishly concluded, a weak laugh escaping her.

"H-How about you? From what part do you hail from?"

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 am

Saki chuckled and waved her hand dismissively.

"Oh, it's fine," the Enkidu said with a smile. She scratched the back of her head as she tried to think of what "where she hailed from" meant. "Well, to be honest, I don't really remember much about Sakigake save for the fact it had a lot of red earth and red skies. I was pretty young when I left. I honestly just stick here in Aldemerrow. Right now, I'm part of Aldmerrow's Grimm Guild! I guess, in a way, we're alike, because our base is out in the forest, too!"

Saki bit into an apple and looked around.

"Mm, the preliminary rounds should be starting now so why don't we finish up here and head out? I hope I can get into the first round. Maybe we'll even fight one another, eh?"

Saki gave Gwyn a mischievous wink.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 am

"Red earth and red skies... how intriguing!" Gwyn said, giving a small nod at this description. It seemed her curiosity was sated for now, as she didn't press the issue much further. The comment about the Grimm Guild, and their operations in the forest, brought on a tiny grin to Gwyn. She'd done trading with some of the hunters there before, even taken a few lessons from them, so fighting someone from it brought a guilty pleasure. She couldn't resist testing her skills against such a challenge! In a way, they were alike, really, in more ways than just that, and it was killing the short warrior-to-be to keep quiet about it, but there was a time and a place for such twists, and that wasn't now! "An excellent plan, though I must warn you now, if that comes to pass, I hope you will be ready for the embrace of defeat; I cannot lose today, not after all the planning I've done for this!" she happily boasted, a bit cocky, but still keeping up her friendly, albeit heavy, charm before taking another bite.

"Well, 'fen!" she shouted, rising to her feet as the chicken leg she'd bitten into remained... well, there, Gwyn chewing on it a bit as if she intended to take it to battle with her. Mostly because she did. "C'me, c'mr'de!" she said, a mouthful of chicken leg. Damn it all, there was no place for tableside manners on the battlefield!

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 pm