Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 5 Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:44 am

Dorrance instantly held Ren closer when Ren asked if it was because she was sick.

"Oh, my love, you're alright, I promise!" she said. "It could just be the wind and the night, is all! And perhaps it is the illness, but once you're better, it'll all be okay, I promise. Just...pay attention to my own heartbeat."

She'd press Ren close, gently placing a hand over her other ear and kissing the top of her head.

"I love you too so much, Ren," she whispered when Ren spoke once more. "And you don't have to worry about leaving bed. I've no appointments for the rest of the week, so I can focus on you and nothing but you. Isn't that lovely?"

Ren would not see, but Dorrance was tearing up slightly. She wanted things to be okay so much. She felt so bad for Ren, and she wished she could save her from this confusion and tell her the truth...but not yet. She was not ready. All she had to do was make her feel better.

"How about I sing you a song this time, hm?" she asked. "Just a little ditty. I don't sing as well as you, but I can try. Lady Veiller used to sing this before while I was young. I think it's a lovely song about how dedicated one can be in love."

Ren would feel Dorrance's chest heave as she let out a few notes and began to sing.

On a dark Winter's night
    In the polar white snow
    A wolf lay wounded and cold

A fight with a bear
    Had left him exposed
    And death was drawing near

He lifted his gaze
    To the shimmering moon
    And she smiled her silvery smile

She wrapped him up tight
    In a blanket of stars
    And the kiss of her indigo light

For theirs was a love
    As old as the Earth
    The wolf had been by her side

And he sung her songs
    Of passion and love
    And they kissed in her indigo light...

She'd wait for Ren to slowly drift to sleep, all while stroking her hair and holding her close.
    KitKet
    KitKet

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 5 Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:34 pm

There was a long pause from Ren after Dorrance simply asked her to pay attention to her heartbeat. She did just that, letting out a sigh and relaxing into Dorrance's grip. "Alright. Thank you, love." She wished she could say more, but, as usual, she was at a loss for words around Dorrance.

A small smile made its way to her lips as Dorrance told her they could spend the next week together. "Let me focus on you too, my love. I think you deserve some care in return for all you've done." Ren let out a soft giggle. This felt nice though...The rhythm of Dorrance heartbeat was already doing wonders for her.

"Mm...Okay. I'd love to hear it." She whispered back. As Dorrance sang, Ren was surprised at just how beautiful her voice was. She felt her heart flutter as Dorrance stroked her hair. Ren felt herself swallow hard. She wasn't used to this...Not at all. She was so happy, despite everything that had happened. She truly didn't want this to end.

Towards the end of the song, Dorrance would feel a small droplet of water splash against her. Ren seemed to be drifting to sleep, but she would see a single tear had fallen from her eyes and rolled down her face. "It's beautiful." She muttered before seeming to drift off with a small smile.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

Dorrance noticed Ren falling asleep and would wipe the single tear from her eye.

"No need to cry now, love," she whispered before kissing her forehead. "We're both alive and well and that's...that's all that matters."

She resisted the urge to cry herself and squeeze Ren too tight. She'd close her eyes too, allowing herself to rest just for a few hours.

Then she could deal with that blasted noise.

Once Ren looked like she was deep asleep, Dorrance would pull away and tuck her in. She'd make sure Ren was tucked in tightly before getting her lantern and heading out into the hallway. With her oil lamp, Dorrance moved from the hallway to the first floor, and from the first floor...to the basement.

The steps twisted downwards to what was her father's old lab. A place he experimented and tested and figured the functions of anatomy and the role magic played in them. Dorrance would be able to her the rattling herself.

She'd stop at the bottom of the stairwell where a smock gown hung next to a bolted door. Her eyes narrowed and she slipped on the smock gown before using rune marks to unlock the door.

It creaked open. In the dark, something rattled against its chains and locks. As Dorrance moved closer, the light would reveal an emaciated creature with long white hair. Its face was drawn out and its eyes gaping and red. Its teeth were sharp and blood from gnawing on its own lips.

Dorrance stepped closer, reaching in for a glass bottle in her smock gown's pocket. Her eyes stared at the creature in disgust. There was a hollowness in her minty green eyes in the lamp light. Like they were almost soulless.

"What did I say about making noise?"

Dorrance swung the bottle in the air, splashing clear liquid on the creature, causing it to instantly hiss and howl.

"Quiet."

The creature's hisses would subside into a small snicker.

"So I'm guessing I can be heard from upstairs, eh?" the creature said. "Not that your human ears would have been able to hear it. Your father...he made this place so that people wouldn't be able to hear the screams right?"

Dorrance gritted her teeth and splashed the creature again. The creature winced but continued to snicker.

"Should you be so cruel to me if my blood worked, dear child?"

Dorrance's body began to shake, but she resisted from splashing the creature again.

"This wouldn't have happened if you didn't take my Ren from me in the first place!" she said. "And the only reason you're alive now is because of my research. But heaven forbid if you disrupt my Ren with your noise I won't make your existence a pleasant one."

The creature snickered again.

"Just like your father. So merciless. Merciless," the creature said. It waved a hand dismissively. "I'll behave. But on one condition."

"You're in no position to bargain, demon," Dorrance spat.

"Now, now! Just, just listen for awhile, eh, girl? I have an eternity and you don't. This might benefit you."

Dorrance relented with crossed arms.

"I never got what I wanted at the Marlon mansion," the creature said. "The only reason I attacked your little pet was because I was so starved. I didn't want to eat the children, now, and you know who my true target was there, after all. I'm still starving now, but if you could just get me the tiiiiniest blood, then maybe I'll be a bit more bearable."

Dorrance narrowed her eyes.

"If I do, will you be quiet?" she asked.

"Quite, quite!"

"I'll see what I can do," she said coldly. She started walking away. "But if Ren hears any more noises, then expect punishment."

The creature snickered.

"You can't expect to hide this from her forever you know?" the creature said. "She's bound to find out sooner or later. And what are you going to do if she starts to really hunger?"

Dorrance clutched the sides of the gown.

"I'll...I'll find a way. Besides, she's not going to be like this forever. I'm going to find a cure and things will finally go back to normal. Then you can die in peace, rest assured."

As Dorrance bolted the door, she heard one more soft chuckle from the creature.

"I'm excited~"

When Ren woke up, she wouldn't have a clue as to what time it was. The curtains were closed so thick no sunlight peered through. Meanwhile, Dorrance was clutching tight to her in her sleep. The girl looked exhausted. In the lantern light, Ren would notice dark circles under her eyes. Her usually combed mint hair was disheveled, and she slept with her mouth open.

Ren would notice a meal cart had been placed by their bed. It appeared either Viola or a sending had come in and Dorrance had pushed the meals closer to them. Ren would notice the smell of the rich red stew she had last night and the smell would be tempting as was the wine next to it.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Ren had fairly restless dreams once again. Blurred imagines and horrific scenes that she couldn't quite remember. Thankfully, they eventually subsided and she was able to get a good nights sleep. Eventually she drifted back to consciousness. Her eyes opened blearily as she let out a small yawn. She couldn't help but smile when she saw Dorrance next to her, wrapped tightly around her.

Then, the sounds began to hit her ears again. Her eye twitched at the loud noises. the birds chirping, the sendings and viola cleaning...It was all so loud...She smelled a familiar scent. The stew and wine. She immediately realized just how hungry she was but...Looking back at Dorrance. Seeing how tired she was, how exhausted she looked even asleep...Ren's mouth formed into a small line. She was practically salivating right now.

Slowly, she shifted forward, placing her head against Dorrance's chest once more. The sounds died out as she listened to the sound of her heartbeat, the sound of her breathing. The smell of the food was quick to drift away as well. This was okay too. Ren sighed, closing her eyes once again as she relaxed against her lover. She would let her sleep for longer. They could wake up together once she was rested.

Everything else could wait.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:57 am

Dorrance felt Ren shift in bed, but seeing that Ren cuddled back in place, she decided not to stir. She'd wrap her hands around Ren's head, nestling her close and letting her near her chest once more.

It wouldn't be until a few hours later that Dorrance finally rose and would shake Ren lightly.

"Ren? Ren, my love? It's time to eat," she said gently.

If Ren opened her eyes, Dorrance would be seated on a chair next to the bed, raising up once again a spoonful of red stew in the air.

"I'm sorry to wake you, dear, but it's important you eat meals regularly to keep your nutrients up."

The aroma, to Ren, would be practically intoxicating at this point, and the sharp pang of hunger in her stomach would be close to unbearable.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:46 pm

"Mm..." For the second time, Ren's eyes fluttered open. She felt that she immediately missed the rhythm of Dorrance's heartbeat. The next thing she notice is that hollow feeling once more. It almost hurt this time. A hand reached down, clutching her stomach as she looked up towards Dorrance. Like before, her eyes had gone blood red.

"Dorrance..." She muttered, pushing herself up a little. Wordlessly she opened her mouth, showing a surprising amount of self control on her end. From her shaking arms and her eyes narrowing on the liquid itself, it was clear such control wouldn't last very long. In fact, before Dorrance could even get the spoon near her mouth, Ren suddenly reached forward, her hands gripping the woman's wrist as Ren moved forwards damn near biting the spoon itself as she drank the contents. After a few moments, it was clear there was nothing left. Ren's eyes opened back up, staring at Dorrance expectantly. Of course, the woman would find it hard to actually GET more food considering Ren had yet to let her go.

Perhaps ignoring her hunger earlier had been a bad call.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:57 am

For the second time, Ren's hunger surprised Dorrance and the bard was gripping tightly to Dorrance's hand.

"A-ah, I guess you must be quite hungry, my love?" Dorrance said with a forced smile. "I'm glad you like my cooking so well. If you could just let go, I can give you more and.."

Dorrance would tug slightly to pull away, but Ren's grip was rather firm.

"Ren?" she repeated, hoping her request would sink in.

Dorrance was trying to be as calm as possible in her tone, but Ren might actually feel just how hard her pulse was on her wrist.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Ren's gaze was fixated on Dorrance's hand and wrist for a very long moment. She couldn't help but focus on just how warm Dorrance seemed. Her skin was so soft and warm, and she could practically hear her heart racing, let alone her pulse. It was of course, Dorrance tugging that brought Ren out of her seeming trance. She blinked, surprised to see her holding Dorrance's wrist so tightly. A nervous smile grew on her face as she let go, her hands dropping into her lap. Her gaze fell and, much like before, she seemed upset by her actions. "I'm sorry my love I just...I'm just so cold and your so warm. She looked back up before holding out her arms towards Dorrance. "You're so far away..." She whined, trying to lighten the mood just a bit. "It'll be so much easier to take care of me if you're closer, don't you think?" As she spoke, a more hopeful smile seemed to appear on her face. She didn't understand why, but she felt like things would be better if Dorrance was in her arms...Maybe the hollowness would go away somehow...

Despite her own feelings, Dorrance would still see that Ren's eyes were bright red and watching her a bit too closely. Still, her smile and tone were back to usual. Perhaps it was Dorrance's imagination? "Pleeeaaaseee?" She whined once again, having a hard time keeping a playful smile off her face.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 am

Dorrance instantly regretted making Ren feel bad, but the girl suddenly picked up her mood by calling her closer to the bed. In that moment, Dorrance completely forgot any of her precautions. Just seeing Ren want her close, looking cold and confused...it made her heart ache.

"Oh you poor thiiing!" the noble woman exclaimed.

Ren would instantly feel her Dorrance's soft arms wrap around her as Dorrance moved from the chair to the edge of the bed. Ren would feel the woman press her head against her chest again, just the slightest angle enough to see her cleavage from inside her night dress. She still smelled of the soup and she still had the bowl in her hand.

"I think it's all the more reason we should keep feeding you hm?" Dorrance said with a small smile. "or maybe how about some drink? Spirits are always good for the cold."

Dorrance would use her second hand to reach for the "wine" glass and hand it over to Ren as well.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:06 am

Ren was, again, quite pleased with herself as Dorrance immediately drew close and pulled Ren against her. Looking down, a small grin spread across her face. This was QUICKLY becoming her favorite place to be. "Wearing my favorite nightgown I see. Dorrance, my love, you spoil me so~" She cooed, nuzzling against the woman's chest for a moment.

"Mmm, you're doing quite a good job warming me up though." Despite her teasings, Ren was quick to take the glass. She moved just enough to be able to put the glass to her lips. The liquid disappeared within seconds, and Ren felt a little bit of the warmth spread across her. "What IS this Dorrance? It's so good..." She muttered, almost marveling at the glass for a second. "Please tell me there's more." She whined, pressing herself against her lover and giving her the biggest puppy dog eyes she could muster.

"I promise I won't get super drunk like usual! I've developed some self control since last time!" Which was...A lie of course, BUT, It was a lie that Ren, herself, believed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 am