Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 12 Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:34 am

Dorrance stroked the girl's blonde hair. She smiled softly.

"Well, let's observe how you are for the week," she said. "The ball's in the evening, so if you're not tired and promise not to strain yourself, it should be fine."

Despite her smile, Ren would pick up the slightest melancholy in Dorrance's eyes. Dorrance would pull away for a moment and sit on one of the chairs, sighing.

"Ren?" she said softly. Her hands closed tightly. "I'm really...I'm really sorry about all this."

Viola practically turned to stone once Clara hugged her. Her gray-pale skin turned the slightest bit red, and her eyes darted to the ground.

"It's not...a problem," Viola said slowly. "Though, I did nothing but say the truth."

Viola would stiffly pull away from Clara's hug, her arms stuck to her side and her head still low.

"You still have a lot to learn," she said plainly. "But I guess today we can celebrate. If you'd like..."

Viola's eyes averted sideways.

"We can prepare sweets today for tonight and enjoy them once Mistress and the bard have gone abed?" she said. "That is, if you can keep up with the work today."
    KitKet
    KitKet

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 12 Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 am

Ren's bright smile seemed to drop as Dorrance suddenly pulled away and sighed. Ren was quick to follow her to her seat, kneeling down as the woman began to apologize. "Oh..." She reached out, taking the woman's hand and squeezing it. "None of this is your fault okay?" She, honestly, knew to to blame for her current condition. "I should be apologizing to you..." She muttered, trying to reach forward and cup the woman's cheek.

"You've been pushing yourself so hard lately...All to take care of me." Idly, her thumb began stroking Dorrance's cheek. Despite her words, there was a small smile on Ren's face. "I'll be okay soon...Don't you worry." Ren sighed, taking Dorrance's hand once more and bringing it to her lips.

"I love you...Thank you for taking care of me."

--

"Ah-" Clara couldn't help but feel embarrassed when Viola pulled away from her embrace. Her own face went red as she took a hesitant step back. She couldn't let herself get so worked up again...She didn't want Viola to be uncomfortable around her after all!

Of course, Viola's next words made Clara completely forget herself. She practically bounced forward, nodding furiously. "Truly!?" She beamed, trying to catch the woman's eyes. "Yes yes yes! Let's do that!" She very nearly began to drag Viola to the kitchen before she realized the next part of her sentence.

"Ah!" A hand raised, slapping her own forehead. "Ahhh, I got so excited I forgot! Don't worry, I'll get everything done just fine!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 am

Dorrance clasped her hands tightly as Ren tried to comfort her.

"You don't understand, Ren..." she murmured. "If I...if I had just taken better care of you, you'd have never been sick. You wouldn't have to be troubled with ruining your chances with your career or...or going outside when you want to...being able to live normally and--"

Ren started speaking again however about Dorrance taking care of her. She'd see the tiniest tears in Dorrance's eyes and the noble woman would wrap her arms around Ren, burying her face into the blonde bard's neck.

"I promise I'll make you get back to health, okay?" Dorrance said. "I promise..."

This shift in Dorrance's mood was, to say the least, disturbing. But the way she was trembling and the crack in her voice suggested that this meant a lot to her. Dorrance held Ren tighter.

"I-I'm sorry, dear...can I just...hold you like this for now?"

With Clara turned away, she wouldnt' have noticed Viola's eyes going wide as the maid tried to drag her into the kitchen. She looked stunned, even, when Clara turned back to tell her that she promised to do her chores.

A hand covered Viola's mouth.

"Y-yes...I imagine so," she said. "Ahm...I suppose I should ask what treats you'd like us to prepare for the celebration then. Not that...it matters to me. But it'd be a waste of ingredients if I baked something you didn't like and you didn't finish it."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 pm

What was happening right now?

Ren was rather surprised when Dorrance broke down and held her tightly. The way she was acting...Was she dying or something? A horrible thought sure, but it wasn't one she could deal with right now...She held her love close, running a hand through her hair as the woman sobbed. "Don't put this on yourself. Please." She muttered. "You've done all you can...Some things just happen." She muttered, holding her tightly. "I'll be okay my love. I promise. Please, please don't blame yourself."

As Dorrance began to shake, Ren tried to move Dorrance slightly and sit, before holding the woman close once again. "We can stay like this for as long as you want..." She whispered, simply trying to comfort Dorrance.

--

Oh Gods she'd done it again. "A-ah I'm sorry for getting all touchy with you!" She shook her head and stepped back. "Er, not TOUCHY, but I mean...L-like grabbing you without-ah that makes it sound so much worse!" She shook her head, her face reddening. "I'm sorry Miss Viola! I'll be more careful." The girl was clearly working herself up pretty quickly, if Viola was listening closely, she might pick up a faint wheezing noise whenever Clara would exhale. The girl didn't seem to notice.

Clara seemed to calm just a little as the sweets were mentioned. "Oh..um..How about those.." She held up her hand in a small triangle as she seemingly searched for the word. A few seconds passed and her face grew even more red. "Um...A-anything is fine I mean. I'll eat whatever you bake I promise!"

She, in no way, could tell Viola she never actually got to TRY such sweets before.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Dorrance hugged Ren tighter for just a moment more before pulling back and wiping her eyes.

"Right, of course," she said. She laughed ruefully. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to suddenly get so emotional. I just...I just really love you."

Dorrance nestled against Ren's neck. Her chest heaved and then sighed.

"Whatever the case...you're right. Things will be okay. I'll make sure of it."

Viola made a small as Clara got flustered about making a request.

"That treat it is then," she said.

She then cleared her throat and turned around.

"Now, come. We must get ready. We have a long day as well as a long month ahead of us," she said firmly. "Especially with the Mistress' late anniversary coming up."

With that, Viola would go ahead. Though this time, she would go through the long hallways not alone, but accompanied. It was a nuisance, she supposed, but one she could make do with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am