Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open] - Page 3 Empty Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 am

At the offer of training, Liseran placed her hands behind her back and stepped a few paces away from everyone. She smiled bashfully.

"U-um, I've actually worn out most of my mediums, so I think I'll just watch," she said. "I'm sure you're all very good at what you do."

She then looked at Goibniu and blushed again.

"B-besides, I came here to see the shooting anyways," she said.

There was a part of Liseran that actually wanted to test her skills along with them. In fact, if Tourmaline was a Cartic mage, then Liseran knew a couple of things that might help, but for all she knew Tourmaline was even more adept than she was.

None of this, of course, was the problem. Liseran didn't like showing off her skills for very important reasons. Besides, she came here to examine Goibniu. She wasn't about to get distracted.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open] - Page 3 Empty Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 am

Tourmaline returned Maia's grin. "Thanks, I'm rather proud of it! I was really happy to find a tourmaline gem when I was looking for mediums. Are you a mage as well?" Tourmaline couldn't spot a medium, and most mages kept their mediums visible as a sign of their status; there were the few that didn't like being recognized immediately for what they were, though.

Tourmaline took a close look at Goibniu's firearm. "Interesting... I can't say I know anything about firearms, but the craftsmanship is unmistakably good. Did you make it yourself? Or do you have a contractor?" She was also curious if he made anything other than things to kill, but she thought it might be weird to ask.

Finally, Tourmaline reconsidered Liseran. Maybe she'd been too quick to judge? The girl seemed a bit shy, and Tourmaline knew what it was like to be awkward around people. In somewhat a way to make up for her private thoughts, Tourmaline said, "Hey, my medium has plenty of juice-- I wouldn't mind switching off or something. Alongside that, almost all of the magic I know is shielding or healing-- practically useful in a battle, anyway. I'd love to see some good Destruction spells." Tourmaline held the clip out towards her.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:42 am

Maia's face flushed. "Uh... I used to attend a Cartic Academy in Saoirse, but I left quickly." Maia explained. "But there was an incident within my family." Of course, the incident was her father getting stabbed by a man in the village, but she wasn't about to start yelling that out. Not exactly a fun topic for Maia.

Maia raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you should try doing some spells yourself, Tourmaline? After all, practice makes perfect."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:43 am

"I indubitably made it myself during my youth days! Crafted with the help of Enkidu technology, this hand cannon is capable of dealing deadly damage at precise points in the blink of an eye!" While those claims were technically true, it still didn't stop Goibniu from sounding like a snake oil salesman as he praised his invention.

However, they soond resumed to the training talk, to which Liseran apparently declined to participate on, on the grounds of already using up her reserves... And was still wishing to see his display. He still felt rather quizzical about her intentions, but he had to admit, the apparent admiration was something welcoming. How can he deny a show of skill to a lady? His thoughts were interrupted however, by how apparently not only Tourmaline was also a Cartic User, but so was Maia. It was like he was being cornered by magical ladies! Something of which Goibniu had mixed feelings about.

Especially in regards to Maia's strange allusion. What could have happened? "Well, I don't prohibit the chance for a lady to show her abilities. It'd seem the spotlight is on you, Madam Cardona, but if aren't inclined to demostrate your tricks, I could give everyone a closer demostration of my craft." He said, his tone remaining gentle like before. At the very least, none of them were sporting an Incanti, which was a good sign.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Liseran smiled softly and shook her head at Tourmaline.

"Oh, I'd hate to be a hindrance, Miss Cardona," she said for a moment. She honestly wished she could show a few destruction spells just for demonstration, but held herself back.

She listened to Maia and Goibniu speak. She had a feeling the incident Maia was referring to had to do with her family being mistreated for being Walpurgis.

Goibniu then offered for Tourmaline to go first. Liseran clasped her hands together and nodded in agreement.

"Yes, do show us a little more of your skills, Miss Cardona."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tourmaline recognized the look on Maia's face pretty well, as she'd seen it on her own face for about a year after her uncle had been killed. She assumed it hadn't been pretty.

"Enkidu technology, huh? I've only done cursory research, since no one can use it but, well..." she gestured at his horns, "Enkidu."

After hearing Liseran's decline, Tourmaline retracted the arm that held her clip. Shrugging, she said, "Suit yourself. If you change your mind, let me know."

Tourmaline hadn't really expected to be placed in the spotlight. "Oh, like, uh, by myself? I thought this was kinda a together kind of training, but I guess if you insist." Tourmaline stepped a few feet away from the party, to make it somewhat clear that she wasn't going to attempt to hurt any of them.

"First, here's my weapon." She pulled apart the clip, which transformed into a pair of daggers; then, she placed the hilts together to form her bow. "I usually rely on magic to supply my arrows, though I have a few hidden on my person. Since this is more of a magic demonstration, I'll refrain."

"Next, I'll show you the magic shield I've developed. It's never failed me so far, although I've never actually gone up against a strong mage." After Tourmaline concentrated for a few seconds, Cartic marks appeared on the ground. Tourmaline tossed her bow through the line they created, and it turned back into a clip.

Retrieving it, she said, "I can't really demonstrate my healing prowess, unless one of you is injured. What you saw earlier with the rock is about the extent of my destructive abilities, although I'm a fair enchanter. I usually only enchant in extraneous circumstances. Gotta keep some secrets."

Taking a short bow, Tourmaline placed her clip back into her hair and said, "The floor is yours, Mr. Goibniu."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Impressive. The more you practice, the more you shall become stronger." Maia replied after watching Tourmaline demonstrate her skills. She was probably twice the mage Maia would ever be. Though, she did only go for a short time. Maia sometimes wondered if she had become a scholar instead of a courier. Would she be happier?

Maia smiled at the Enkidu. "Please, show us your marksmanship."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 am

"Ho ho, that's what makes it unique you see." Goibniu commented, before he stepped back and observed Tourmaline's demostration with interest. He observed how both of the daggers she uncovered transformed into a bow, and how her ammunition consisted of both real and magical arrows. Overall, he observed how her skills seemed to gear more towards the defensive rather than the offensive, which may have lowered his suspicion towards her.

After all, that was easier to control than a mage with tons of destructive attacks. "Interesting showcase, Madam Cardona! I have to say, your daggers are what caught my attention the most, how they also double as a bow! I'd like to know how it was constructed, what materials were used and the like." He said, accompanied with a small clap. But now it was his turn to show how to operate his own toy.

"Now, as most have already seen here, utilizing my firearm is quite simple, first I ought to prepare the chamber for the next bullet."
    With that first instruction, he cocked the hammer, making an audible *click* as the barrel rotated. "And now, a target must be secured." With that said, he scanned the farthest rock he placed in his shooting range... Only for his eyes to avert to the tree Liseran was earlier, causing him to notice a particular lonely leaf, gently swinging in the wind as it remained stuck to the tree's branch.

But not for long.

"Now, these rocks make for a fine target, but for this demotration, I'll redirect everyone to that branch." He turned towards the tree, and eyed the green leaf with interest. A couple of second passed, before he raised his right hand, pressing the trigger as he yelled "HUZZAH!"

*BANG*

The leaf was swept away almost instantaneously, as it was now caught by the air, and slowly descending to the grounds. However, if everyone were to pay attention, they'd notice that the leaf had an irregular circular hole at the center of it. Seeing this, Goibniu made a toothy grin as he twirled his pistol. "And this, is the marvel of precision!"

It was then when an idea came to mind, and he turned again to face the girls. "However, this is not the only thing my hand cannon can do. Since it was made with Enkidu tech, it has another trick that makes it stand above the rest. But it can be a bit... Startling for the untrained ear."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 am

Liseran observed quietly and patiently, taking a mental note of Tourmaline's shield. Ward magic, nullifying class, similar to most of what was under Liseran's own belt, but she wasn't about to show it.

"They're right, you were quite impressive, Miss Cardona," she said with a small smile and a polite but also genuine clap. "Transfiguration and warding spells like those can be tricky for even adept mages to perform and they're rarely all that ventured."

She then flushed slightly and covered her mouth before glancing at Goibniu.

"Y-yes, Herr Goibniu, we'd love to see you next."

When Goibniu eventually stepped up, Liseran's smile faded and she watched carefully. Her eyes narrowed as he shot the leaf. Unlike most people, she did not flinch at the sound of the gun shot, mostly because she had been hearing guns all morning. Goibniu then mentioned another skill he had and which Liseran's smile returned.

"C-could you possibly be talking about roars, Herr Goibniu?" she asked. "Each Enkidu possesses this skill, am I correct?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:47 am

Tourmaline thanked Maia for her kind words. "I've been practicing a lot for countering magic; I have a... Job? I can't really go into details, though." She was referring to her hunt for her uncle's killer, but didn't want to say it out loud; while she was fine with Cantus mages, one of the three companions might have an Incantus. She knew that they SPOKE of having Cartic magic, but hadn't seen one used yet.

Turning to watch Goibniu, Tourmaline plugged her ears, having worked around firearms once-- something she didn't want to relive. Her ears were precious to her, she wasn't going to lose them to gunshots.

Goibniu's marksmanship greatly impressed her. "Holy crap! Is that just, your own skill? Did you enchant the bullets? Imagine if you DIDN'T... You know, Goibniu, I might have a business proposition for you. I'm a fair enchanter, and I think that your weapon could be quite a force to reckon with if it were enchanted. I could take out a lot of the recoil, make the bullets fly faster... I'll have to talk to you about it later."

Recalling his question about her own weapon, she said "It's just some transfiguration spells. I can't tell you what they're made of-- I know nothing about smithing, I contract someone to do it for me. Although, after seeing that display, I might hire YOU as a contractor, if you are a contractor." Tourmaline realized she wasn't sure WHAT Goibniu did. "So wait, where do you actually WORK?" Researching, smithing, weapon mastery... Though, to be fair, those last two could be hobbies.

"You're very kind, Miss Liseran. I'd still love to see some of your own spellcraft." Tourmaline didn't really know any skilled mages, and so was itching to see Liseran-- who, despite her schoolgirl personality, seemed pretty confident and learned-- in action. She was going to mention this when Liseran asked about the Enkidu roar.

"Oh yes, the roar; I've never heard one either, I'd love to see it demonstrated." Tourmaline tried not to cringe at the obvious shyness and flirting that had been coming from Liseran. Tourmaline herself never really had that problem when talking to men, as she wasn't attracted to them. There WAS one girl in her hometown...

Shaking her head, Tourmaline brought herself back to the present. No point in what ifs, Tourmaline.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 pm