Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open] - Page 4 Empty Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:47 am

"...Liseran? Why are you calling him Herr? And in such a weird way too..." Maia asked. It was strange, and Maia couldn't put her finger on it. Was she afraid, or infatuated? It was honestly hard to tell. But Maia chose to drop the whole thing. She expected a whole lecture of the proper ways to greet people in Stahlmin.

Maia shifted uncomfortably. "Now as much as I would love to see Goibniu do a Roar. I don't think anyone would be too thrilled about hearing it. Especially the Expiates." She had no idea of Goibniu's true employment. Probably better if she didn't know either.

"So who's next? I nominate either the tireur d'élite or the belle dame!" Maia suggested. She had a cheerful tone as she described Goibniu and Liseran in the Saoirsan language.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open] - Page 4 Empty Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:48 am

Once everyone talked about the roar, Goibniu merely made a small chuckle as he waved his hand in dismissal. "What? I'm afraid to say that I did not refer to my roar, as it would not work on the rocks, unless they were magical! Instead, you'd all be affected by it." Besides, even if he wanted to, it'd be pretty rude to do so.

"Oh, don't worry about it, Madam Tommelise, I'm sure is her way of showing respect." Granted, he still felt a bit uneasy that she suddenly caught a... Interest in him, but it wasn't like she was being a menace, so he was willing to let it slice. "In any case, I shall showcase what I actually meant!"

Observing that one rock was right in front of another, Goibniu found the perfect pair of targets to use. As he cocked the hammer and held his weapon with both ahnds, they'd notice that suddenly, the sides of his firearm began to gently glow light blue, followed by a very faint hum. And after a second...

*BANG*

The explosion sounded a bit louder than before, the residue ash in the canon was also a light blue tone to it, and the kick was so strong, Goibniu's arms bent upwards a bit. The bullet was impossible to perceive with the naked eye, they wouldn't be able to see it exactly, but they'd see the effect it left. The first rock was completely penetrated, while the second was able to stop the bullet, but only halfway.

The rocks were also a big as someone's torso, so this was not easy feat.

"This is a special ability that can only be reproduce with an Enkidu weapon, the capability of enhancing it's power for more impactful results!"
    He boasted about it, as he turned to Tourmaline. "Sadly Madam Cardona, Enkidu weapons are not exactly able to be enchanted through magic." He mentioned. Part of his answer was true, while another part was just decline of having his weapon be touched by magic. "Ooh, I see! Well, I do know a lot about smithing, I could probably see it's material by just examinating it. I wouldn't say I'm a contractor per se, but I wouldn't mind doing you some work in my spare time!"

"After all, I do have a profession that keeps me occupied. I am an Expiate member! Sworn to keep the peace in Esterelf!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:49 am

Liseran flushed at Maia's suggestion and frowned as well.

"I-I'm not addressing him strangely!" she squeaked out. "Herr is the basic and formal way of greeting any man in Stalh," she said. "The equivalent of that in Saoirsian being Monsieur. If you're addressing a married woman, you say Frau and if you're addressing a single woman, you say Fraulein. Of course, when it comes to officials and higher rankings, you would say something equivalent to 'Lady' and 'Sir', but I believe Stahlmin's eradicated it's noble system and--"

Liseran caught herself midway and blushed before covering her mouth.

"Err, anyways," she said clearing her throat. She straightened up and paid attention to Goibniu. "Ah, my mistake. I assumed you meant the roar, but I'd be utmost impressed to see what other tricks you have under your sleeve."

Maia suggested that either she or Goibniu do a demonstration again, and pouted at being called "belle dame". Fortunately, Goibniu was already on doing another demonstration with the skill he was actually referring to. She stepped back a bit as he got ready to shoot and indeed it caused a loud sound. Still, Liseran didn't flinch. It was almost as if she was unaffected by loud sounds in total.

"That was a marvelous demonstration," she said. "I'm sure that comes in handy as an Expiate member like you said."

She then realized that she had no idea how Maia was going to react now that he revealed his profession. After all, she was one constantly oppressed by Expiate officers.

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:50 am

Tourmaline was rather excited to hear Soairsan language; she used to speak it passably, although now she was rather rusty. "It's good to hear that language again, it's been so long." She doubted she'd be able to speak it, though she was happy to listen. Tourmaline had always felt as though Soairsan was rather elegant, and very pleasing to the ear. "And as I mentioned, I'd be very happy to see Miss Liseran demonstrate her particular brand of Cartic Magic."

Tourmaline clapped in appreciation of the shot, moving forward to inspect the bullet holes. "Not even a fracture line in the first rock. That thing is really flying! It's a shame it can't be enchanted..." She'd heard that about Enkidu weaponry, but she thought it was just a rumor. Apparently not. "If you ever have anything non-Enkidu, I'd love to work with you together on it."

It was at that point that Goibniu declared he was an Expiate. Tourmaline had noticed, a long time ago, that if you declared yourself Atoned, then Expiate officers were a lot quicker to treat you well than if they found out themselves. "Er, Mr. Goibniu, could I actually show you a design I've been working on? I'd like to know if you'd want to help me out..."

Tourmaline actually HAD a half-finished design for a water-propelled generator, but she was really showing him her papers that said she was a non-hostile ex-Cantus user, etc... All that stuff. She'd rather only tell who she felt like she had to-- in this case, the officer in the vicinity. Liseran and Maia could wonder, if they wanted to.

Shaking somewhat from the prospect of how the man might react, Tourmaline missed almost everything that Liseran said. "Yes, marvelous indeed..."

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia raised an eyebrow. "Alright, whatever you, say Mademoiselle Dormirse." She replied. Of course, she knew all about adressing people in different nations, and she did have to do it on occasion. But if she were being honest, she didn't care. At all. At this point, she was just teasing Liseran. She decided that she was going to call her Mademoiselle from now. Maia thought it was compliment, it was a cute nickname, right?

She grinned at Tourmaline. "Il est un langage tout à fait magnifique!" Maia replied in the Saoirsan language once again. She liked the idea of people speaking other languages, to her, it felt like it brought Esterelf closer in a way. "Anyways, I'll talk like everyone else is. But it is admirable you know some words, Tourmaline. Just practice a bit!"

Maia nodded at Goibniu's shot. Really, it was marvelous. But as she was about to congratulate the Enkidu. He informed the, he was an Expiate member. Immediately, her blood ran cold. Of course this guy was apart of the worst people in Esterelf. Her body stiffened, and her face drained of emotion. She hated him. No real reason other than him being an Expiate. Goibniu was nice, but his occupation made her so furious! "Didn't know they let Enkidu into the Expiate. I thought they didn't want to taint their society with people who weren't human. Lemme guess, they're using you for your Enkidu abilities, mainly your roar." Maia knew she was probably going to get into some trouble for this, but she couldn't contain herself.

Maia absolutely despised Expiates, it didn't matter who they were. In her eyes, they were just a cult of bigots.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"See? A demostration of etiquette is always appreciated! Was it part of your education, or is it required for whicever your vocation may be, Madam Dormirse?" Goibniu asked, as he payed attention to her discussion about titles and such. For her to be well versed, she either was very educated, or may even have an important position! From wherever she's from, of course.

But then, her and Tourmaline praised him for his prowess, which didn't help his already increasing ego. "The praise is appreciated. As you have seen, this is the results of my training and craftmanship, hence why it's important for me to keep it in check!" He said, raising his inder finger in the air in a matter-of-fact way, before turning to Tourmaline. "Sure thing! Allow me to observe your..."

However, when Tourmaline showed him the documents, his voice trailed off, as he saw that she was an ex-Cantus User. Due to his status as a recently recruited member, he didn't have enough experience in terms of ID paperworks, he was most used to blueprints and drafts. His eyes scanned the files he was given, and then turned to her, only to turn back to the papers, everything seemed to be in order, all signed and stamped properly, but he couldn't shake off the weariness in him.

It was beyond his work as an Expiate officer, the memories of the incident were still flesh in his mind, how he lost so much in a matter of seconds. Taking one final look at the papers, Goibniu eventually returned them back to Tourmaline, as he flashed a cautious smile and a approving nod. "I'd be interested in this design you have of course, but we can discuss them in another moment if you so desire!" He said, before turning to Maia, who apparently had some words to share with him.

"Mmmh, it could possibly be a by-product of my acceptance, but in reality, I was accepted due to my expertise in blacksmithing and my attributes in researchinh technology. But, you are saying that they don't accept non-humans? I find this rather surprising." He said, raising one eyebrow in confusion. His ignorance was mostly attributed to him not paying attention to the group until recent times, and even them, he hasn't seen any signs of them dismissing non-humans. Cantus Users were definitely a negative, that much was known, but he didn't suspect that he was more of an expection than what he was led to believe.

It also didn't help that he hasn't seen the bigger picture, as he was either stuck in his family's forge, or out there exploring.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

As Liseran expected, the atmosphere had changed dramatically. Suddenly both Maia and Tourmaline who had been so drawn in by Goibniu's feats were now either acting meekly or hostile. She chose not to intervene on Maia's remarks and merely answered Goibniu's question.

"It's not surprising in the least."

Suddenly Liseran's meek and sweet voice dropped down an entire octave, showing no hint of emotion whatsoever. Her bright blue eyes stared in disinterest and she had the smallest and eeriest of smiles on her face. She tilted her head and placed a finger on her chin, feigning innocent curiosity.

"You're really that taken aback by such a statement?" Liseran said, continuing to smile. "After all, it's an Expiate officer's job to protect harmless humans from threats like the Walpurgis. Magic they cannot combat by normal means, Moira that tear towns into bits within minutes, corrupted beasts that ravage without reason...? They're all monsters, aren't they?"

The last words had been said harshly and without relent. Liseran made a small, heartless laugh.

"The only reason Enkidu's weren't instantly ousted as monsters to begin with was because the kingdoms thought they could be to their advantage," she explained. "It would be frightening to have a species advanced in technology to the point it can't be manipulated by Carta or reverse-engineered by even top scientists in Stalhmin as an enemy. Especially if they're capable of turning far more...feral. And, as my good friend Maia pointed out, your roar isn't just a threat to Cantus magic, but Carta as well."

Liseran covered her mouth and giggled.

"You're just a tool, that much I can assure you," she said. "An extra gun with a different kind of ammunition. Once Walpurgis aren't a threat anymore, they'll turn on you, too, I'm sure."

Liseran stared at Goibniu coldly and then...yawned.

"Oh my, you have to pardon me for talking on and on like that," she said.

The dark aura around her seemed to have vanished completely and she was now back to feigning to being a prissy, upper-class woman. She smiled sweetly.

"Now, are you sure none of you want to demonstrate anything? Because I'll be lenient and use my last charged stone for a spell if ever. Maybe just a simple sending summon or something, what do you think? Or do you have any special requests?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 am

Tourmaline was somewhat surprised by the sudden hostility towards the Expiate from Maia. Tourmaline certainly had no love for them herself, but outright stating it to an Expiate officer was bold. Tourmaline looked at Maia quizzically, trying not to make it too obvious. She was considering showing Maia her paperwork now. Tourmaline had been trying to find out where a Haven in Stahlmin was, as she could help injured Walpurgi and stuff. She obviously couldn't show Maia right in front of Goibniu, though.

After showing Goibniu her paperwork, Tourmaline's heart unclenched as he smiled at her. The Expiate officers who were okay with her seemed very few and far between, but it was always such a pleasure to meet one. She instantly liked the man much more than she had previously. Her guard dropped for a moment...

And then was instantly raised again. As soon as Liseran spoke, Tourmaline cast the strongest shield spell she possibly could on the ground around herself, Maia, and Goibniu, then jumped behind Goibniu, knowing she'd be useless in a fight. As she did, she yelled, "Incantus!"

Now cowering on the ground, Tourmaline barely heard the words of Liseran, but as she worked them out in her head, she figured out what Liseran was saying. "M-monsters? I..." Tourmaline attempted to recover some dignity while still shivering violently. She'd never known an Incantus to speak like this, though of course, she'd only known one Incantus.

Still too terrified to bristle at the comment about Walpurgi, she stood. Liseran had reverted to her sickly-sweet voice; Tourmaline stayed somewhat behind Goibniu and Maia. "I thought-- thought it was an Incantus talking-- I, I almost died-- got killed-- I should..." Tourmaline continued muttering a bit. It was then that she realized that Liseran was still offering to demonstrate. "You... You use Cartic magic, that's what you said? Yes, yes, I'd love to see a demonstration of Cartic magic, please." Tourmaline knew both from theory and practice that Incantii-- or their contracted mortals-- couldn't use Cartic magic.

She purposefully left the magic shield around the three of them, just in case. It wasn't half bad, for a rush job; it would hold against at least one or two Cantic spells, in which time Tourmaline was sure a trained Expiate officer could take down an Incantus.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 am

"...Uh." Was the only thing Maia could even say. What the hell was Liseran doing? Maia knew this was probably a terrible idea, and she expected Goibniu to arrest Liseran for being a rebel, because at this point, she wouldn't Ben surprised if Liseran yelled that out. She was also pretty sure she would be arrested for being a sympathizer.

"I didn't even say that!" She shouted. Okay, now it really seemed like Liseran was trying to involve her. Sure, she told Goibniu to his face that he was just a tool. But she didn't go this far!

Maia wanted to strangle Liseran at this point. She completely ignored Goibniu and Tourmaline and snarled at Liseran. "You can't just suggest we continue showing off our skills after you said stuff like that, dummy!" Maia yelled. "You mind telling us what the hell that was?!" To be fair, Maia wasn't used to people changing their voices like that.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 am

As his eyes were focused on Maia to see what she'd reply, Goibniu was surprised by the sudden change in tone coming from Liseran. It didn't even sound like it came for Liseran at all. He turned to look at her with an even more confused look, when suddenly Tourmaline cried Incantus.

That rung red bells.

"WHAT!?" He yelled out as she got behind him. Holding his firearm with both hands, he pointed to see where these supposed threats were. But alas, he found none, just the 3 dames and, shields? Was this Tourmaline's work? "Phew... That was a surprise..." He said, his guard dropping as he turned to Liseran, who was explaining herself. "Oh, that's what you meant? Of course they wouldn't accept them, they can't allow people who can cause chaos as soon as they see the opportunity to do so, that'd be counterproductive! I was just surprised since they didn't demostrate qualms in me joining." He said, still taken aback by Liseran's change in mood.

She was apparently falling heads over heels a moment ago, and now she acted like she was possessed!

The small laugh she made didn't ease his doubts. "But, that is preposterous! They can't possibly be scheming some sort of plot to try to utilize us! Sure, we have developed advancements in science that can leave more magic-driven Users feel a bit... Unnerved, but that isn't a reason for us to not live in harmony!" His brow was twisting just a bit as he expressed himself. Liseran was sounding... Antagonizing, if he had to be honest, and he couldn't find a reason why. Did something happened to her in the past?

Or is she...

"Do not worry about it, Madam Tommelise, I have this under control." He responded to Maia's sudden exclamation, as he kept her attention to Liseran. "That is impossible, the Expiate only want to protect the innocents from those who prey on the weak, it is exactly why I joined! They can't possibly advocate for a genocide once the Walpurgis are exterminated. Blazes, I don't even think the latter would be possible!" He continued, wondering what was even happening with Liseran. Maia made a point of not continuing the training now that she opened a can of worms, and with a stern look and crossed arms, Goibniu had to tacitly agree.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 pm