A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Lilac
    Admin

Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:27 am

*BANG*

In the outskirts of Leiger, there echoed a sound. The source being the firearm of a particular Enkidu fellow known by the name of Goibniu. The light of the Sun covered the landscape as any clock in Stahlmin would indicate that the morning was in full swing, welcoming everyone to a brand new day.

And for Goibniu, it was the perfect day to train.

Arranging a formation of rocks for target practice, Goibniu pulled the trigger of the Silver Arrow, firing one bullet at one of the rock, hitting it dead center. With a smirk, he holstered the gun, and observed the remaining rocks standing in front of him. They were at different directions, and different distances, all meant to provide for quick-draw training, one of his favorite practices.

The gentle breeze was all the sound he could hear, as he quickly scanned his surroundings, looking for the next target. The tips of his fingers flexes slowly, his eyes shifting from one side to the other. So many targets, so little bullets...

*BANG*

And another bullet was fired, this time, aiming at a rock to his diagonal right, one that was a bit more far away than the first target. This one too was hit at the center. It earned him yet another grin, looking at his successful shot. "Another spectacular display, if I do say so myself. Let's see how many more beauties can we make out of these stones." He said to himself, observing his gun with pride. It felt like it was just yesterday when he became an Expiate member, and how he decided to dedicate his life to keeping the land safe from any threatening Walpurgis. And here he was, training his accuracy and reaction time against a bunch of rock pillars he set himself.

If anyone were to look at it, they might find the display a bit silly, or strange, but Goibniu didn't care. His mind was set in his training, and no ridicule would derail him.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Re: Zero In, Seven Out [Goibniu's Intro Thread - Open]

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:29 am

Maia walked along the outskirts of Leiger. Having travelled all the way to Stahlmin just to deliver two letters was a bit tiring, but worth the pay. Well, what little she would get. Really, at this point she only took those jobs to other nations is to get away from Isolé from a while. And besides, the only people who gave her a hard time away from that town were the Expiate members.

"Do you have your papers?"

"Have you been in contact with any Incantii recently?"

"Are you properly sealed?"

Maia didn't really have any patience for that. Regular humans were already bad enough, but Expiates? In her view, the worst people to have ever loved. Well, right after the king of Saoirse. Really, anyone who treated her like garbage because of something she couldn't control was not really favorable on her books.

*BANG*

A gunshot startled her. Was it people tiring to kill her?! She hadn't done anything wrong, and her current attire didn't scream, 'WALPURGIS.' She wore her usually couriers dress, but this one was long sleeved. While she usually wore her hood up to cover the seal on her neck, she purchased a black scarf in the city, and was able to wear that instead. Letting her braids hang loosely behind her back.

She looked around for the source of the gunshot. Only to see some man shooting rocks, and looking a bit too happy about it. "Hey! What're you doing?" She called out,

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Of course, his training was bound to attract attention to anyone wandering nearby, and in this case, it was Maia who went ahead and asked what was he doing. The voice was unknown to Goibniu, and he turned around with a confused look in his face, only to be greeted by her sight.

"Ah, greetings young lass!" He said, waving his free hand in a friendly manner. "You just stumbled upon my personal training area, made by yours truly, and designed to polish the fine art of accuracy." His voice carried a certain tone of proudness, as he twirled his firearm with his right hand.

"May I ask what brings you here, other than the possible blare of my session?" Her face was definitely not familiar to him, could she perhaps be a traveller? Or maybe she's a new resident?

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"I'm an adult, so please don't refer to me as a 'young lass,' sir." Maia replied with an icy tone in her voice. Sure, she looked young, but she was almost nineteen! She would prefer miss, or madame at this point. Heck, even when the prissy rich boys in the capital called her mademoiselle made her feel good. But lass? No way.

She raised an eyebrow. "I mean, a lot of people have strong looking weapons, but to be quite honest, I don't see anything really special about a gun." She replied bluntly. Of course, she actually found it great, but she was still a bit salty about his comment earlier.

"I'm a courier. I finished my jobs here, so I'm heading back to Saoirse." Maia replied.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:30 am

When Maia made her correction, Goibniu blinked in surprise. Maybe she was a woman with growth problems? He didn't know, but it wasn't an excuse to be rude. "Oh! My apologies for the boorish mistake madam, it seems appearences have deceived me." He mentioned, doing a light hearted chuckle.

But then, the comment about his weapon of choice caught him by surprise. "A lot of folks might say that, but raw force isn't always the best choice to handle a situation. Sometimes you must be quick on your wits! And to also be precise in your strikes, as a well placed pebble can be just as deadly as the mighty swing of a war hammer. Like this!" And with that explanation, the twirling stopped, and with a firm grasp, Goibniu cocked the hammer with a thumb, and did a quick turn, firing one bullet at one of the rocks.

Despite the sudden shift of his body, he managed to strike another of the rocks, the mark of the bullet present at the center of it. It was fair to say that he felt rather proud of his skill. However, he then turned around to address her again. "So, a courier, all the way here? Sounds like a wondrous profession! No doubt filled with surprises from every corner of the world. Oh, but where are my manners? My name is Goibniu, pleased to meet you!" He added, extending his free hand for a handshake.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

"I still don't understand..." Liseran murmured to herself.

The girl was watching the scene from above. Maia had only arrived now, but Liseran had been there for at least half an hour observing. Ironically, it wasn't Maia she had been looking at, but the Enkidu. This person was an Expiate? She had no idea as to why Expiates, who were so skeptical of another certain race, were letting an Enkidu on the team. Liseran, of course, had Enkidu friends herself, so she knew they had roars and whatnot, but was there something more to it. And why would an Enkidu want to join the infamous authority in the first place?

The girl was standing in a tree just a short distance from them and using a quick charm to make her appear invisible. It was eventually going to wear off. In fact, she was going to leave, but Maia arriving changed everything. If that young man was mean to her, he was going to regret it.

The two were talking now, but Liseran could barely hear. She thought about casting a mark to increase her hearing, but her hands were too occupied focusing her energy on her cloaking. She leaned forward instead.

snap!

Liseran's eyes widened.

"A-ack!" she squeaked a little too loudly.

She quickly grabbed onto the trunk as the branch snapped and began to bend forward, too occupied to realize her surprise had caused her cloak to falter.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Maia smirked at the man. She saw him more closely now, and she could immediately tell he was an Enkidu. The cute little deer tail kinda gave it away. He was nice, perhaps a bit too cocky about his shooting skills, but nice. Of course, she had to show him how she fought. "Being quick and precise is exactly how I survived this long being a courier." Well, if you had to deal with corrupted beasts and the occasional robber, you had to know how to fight.

To prove it, she went towards his makeshift shooting range, and found a decently sized rock. She propped it up (with only a minor struggle) and took a few steps back. Maia then drew her daggers. It was very quick too, she had to be. Being too slow could cast you your life. She then sprinted towards the rock, did a few ducks, and proceeded to do five quick slices before jumping back. The rock then fell into pieces. The young courier looked back at the Enkidu and nodded. "Getting a few quick, but powerful strikes before your opponent can does a lot of damage too."

As she made her way back to Goibniu. He introduced himself. Goibniu was a strange and unique name, but she knew a few people like that. He held his hand to shake. Which Maia grasped with hers. In comparison hers were small and smooth. "I am Maia. Pleased to meet you--" Her eyes drifted to a tree where she saw none other than Liseran, trying not to fall out of the tree.

"Oh no..." She said.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 am

If Maia were to observe carefully, she'd notice a spark of intrigue in her statement. Sure, that sort of thing was a given if she was a courier travelling across many lands. But it was not a statement without demostration, for she walked right pass him and into one of the rocks.

His slight intrigue evolved into blatant curiosity when she unsheathed daggers and then proceeded to strike at a rock. The motion was rather fast, but once her flurry was done, the rock she attack gave up and fell apart into irregular pieces. "She cut right through the stone!" Goibniu thought to himself. "Either those daggers must be of an exquisite material, or her grit is just that extraordinary!" It was fair to say that an expression of surprise was painted all over his face.

"I say, that was impressive! I believed you already had means of protection, but good gracious, it certainly looks like you can deal quite a wallop!"
    Goibniu said, his elevated tone not dwindling as she made her way back. She returned his gesture by participating in the handshake, and it was then that he noted her hands were quite small, and soft, even if her grip was firm. Of course, his curiosity did not wash away, could she be holding off her strength? Or are her blades the secret of her perfor-

"Huh!?" Suddenly, a noise coming from nearby interrupted the meeting, and itt sounded like someone just screamed! Goibniu turned to the source, and saw a grown woman hanging off from a branch that seemed like it was about to break. Maia muttered something, but Goibniu did not pay attention, as he ran towards the base of the tree. "Madam! Are you unscathed? Do you require assistance?" He shouted, his mouth inbetween the walls of his hand.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 am

Liseran hung freely and realizing both Maia and Goibniu had noticed her, she squeaked. This was not how a spy was supposed to look. In fact, it wasn't even how a proper lady was supposed to look! For all she knew, they could see her bloomers too.

With a flushed face, she frowned and turned her nose.

"I...*ahem* am quite fine, thank you, sir!" she said. "If you could just please turn around for a moment and I'll be with the two of you shortly!"

Liseran felt the branch snap and she let go, hastily taking out one part of Weeping Cerinthe and ringing it in a short semi-circle. A clear, bright sound would be heard and Liseran, who had been falling rather fast, would suddenly have a small glyph below her. Her dress' skirt began to fly up like it was subject to hot air beneath it and she began to slowly fall like a bluebell from its stem.

Liseran breathed out.

"That was far too close," she sighed as she brushed herself. She then looked at Maia and waved casually. "O-oh, hello, Miss Tommelise! How odd to see you here! And thank you for your concern earlier, kind sir."

She cleared her throat and resumed to her serious face. She could only hope she could preoccupy them with formalities.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 am

Tourmaline stumbled through the streets, fuming about her recent pitch to the head researcher.

"Yes, Tourmaline, that's all well and good-- but we need something more efficient than this. According to your figures, this generates electricity at 20% what we get with our Lei generators. We need more efficiency."

Tourmaline, who'd just kind of shrugged at the time, now yelled, "DEPENDENCE ON MAGIC put us in the situation we're IN! YOU KNOW, WHERE WALPURGIS ARE HUNTED LIKE ANIMALS?"

She kicked a rock, succeeding in doing nothing more than hurting her toes.

"Just look at these designs; I was playin-- WORKING with a magnet and some copper, and if I moved the magnet in and out of the copper, it generated small amounts of electricity. Now, if we hooked this up to a water mill of some sort-- here, just look," she'd said.

He'd taken the designs, of course. "Yes, Tourmaline, these are all well and good-- but why? Lei is far more efficient than this." He'd looked at her, almost sadly. "Look. I'm not saying you can't research this-- I'm just saying, we won't fund it. You're going to have to do it on your own."

"Fund THIS" She conjured a quick couple of marks, and a rock in front of her shattered. It wasn't quite as explosive as she was hoping, but she wasn't a huge fan of destruction magic, so she only knew the very basics. Still, it helped alleviate some anger.

At which point she stopped remembering, and realized she'd wandered into a group of people. "Oh. Hey."

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:43 am