Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

A Raven and a Swan [Closed] - Page 6 Empty Re: A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Post by Lilac Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:31 am

"Dislike you? Of course not!" Kari exclaimed as she homed in on Solana and hugged her close. "Fie loves you just as much as I do! Maybe even more!"

Kari then let out a small sigh, offering Solana an apologetic smile.

"Fie just wants to make sure that they fulfill their duties," she said. "Fie believes that by being all about duty, they can keep everyone safe. They loves us, true, but just like us, they love the princess more."

Kari stroked Solana's bright red hair.

"Don't worry. They'll come back when it's time," she said. "Maybe they're off doing some important duty for the princess--giving more time for us to play."

Fie made no gesture or reaction as Fey wept and talked about what had happened. Their face remained stoic, their eyes glassy and sharp. When Fey finished, Fie crossed their arms.

"Is that it?" they said as Fey continued holding onto them.

Their tone was that of exasperation.

"All this crying and hugging is because the princess got mad at you?" they said. "Well, join the party, you fool of fairy."

Fey would feel Fie step away from her, loosening her arms and then turning to face the lake with crossed arms.

"From what it sounds like, all you're upset about is that you didn't get your way, boo-hoo," they said.

Their words were harsh, but the tone was surprisingly subtle. They turned around, a hand on their hips as they leaned to look at Fey closer.

"The princess has had men give their life to prove their love, ambassadors, delegates, nobles, and renowned scholars," Fey said. "Kings kneeling in front of her hoping they'll side with them during policies and queens trying to get on her good side to consider their heirs for the throne as husbands. What's a hand-for-hire Incantus like you have to give that no one else can? Love? Don't be stupid."

Fie shifted their weight from one hip to another. Despite holding a firm position, there was an uneasiness in the way she moved.

"You think you're the only one who's offered her unconditional love? Think again," Fie said. "Sure there are nobles who want the status. Sure there are politicians and greedy individuals that just want the power to rule over a kingdom by pleasing a little girl's whims. But what do you call the whole court?"

Fie's eyes narrowed, and their tone lowered, almost saddened.

"Many of us in the court owe our lives to her," they said. "Many of us in the court just want to be close to her. Power does not matter. We just want her happy. We can't make her life better, but we can make her life as she wants it, and that means us courtiers doing the duties she asks of us loyally and without question. The fact that you questioned yourself and showed hesitance was enough to break that trust for her. You went to promise something and you took it back the moments things went south. Of course she'll cast you aside like she doesn't care about you--you did the same thing by lying to her face."

Fie's tone was angry for a moment, but it quickly settled for a sigh. A hand placed itself on Fey's head.

"We are fools, you and I," they said. "You thought you could change the princess, and I'm a fool that stays even if I can't. But.."

Fie paused for a moment and then looked at Fey firmly.

"Even if the princess casts us aside, she will take us back," Fie said. "That is what I know of her. Prove yourself. Make it up to her. Carry forward like a soldier and get in her good graces. That is all we can hope for."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:46 am

"Ah I see." Solana muttered as she was held close by Kari. Her body warmed as she returned the hug. Such a fantastical thing Kari was, yet she was as real as the Princess or Aster. It was incredible.They made her fantasies a little more...grounded almost.

"Hmmm, that may be true, it may not be." In response of, duties keeping everyone safe. "Ours is to keep the Princess safe, nothing more. So says my kith and kin." After a moment, she let out a giggle. "Though I'd like to keep Riri and Fifi safe as well?" Despite initially sounding playful, Solana's tone ended in a question, her eye moved towards the castle and, briefly, a pleading look could be seen in her eye.

She was brought back at the mention of "play."

"Oh? Do you have more games in mind?"

--

There was a long moment where Fey looked up towards Fie. Her usually expressive face remained locked in a small frown as they had ranted on. Fey was paying attention, but didn't seem to react to any of their words at first. The only clear indication as to what may be going through Fey's head was held in her eyes. The bright glow that usually emanated from her eyes slowly seemed to wink out. The color was there, but the warmth seemed to have been drained from her.

Finally, after a moment of silence, Fey's mouth twisted upwards into a grin. She burst out laughing, bringing her knees up and holding her stomach as she did so. Her body tensed, tears beginning to spill from her eyes once again as she slowly began to curl up. She placed her hands on the side of her head, her hands pulling at her hair almost hard enough to tear it out. Slowly, her laughing slowed to a stop, her body relaxed and she sat there a moment in eerie silence.

"Ya donna listen...Not tae me." She muttered, her voice drained of emotion. "It's fine, I'm used tae it. I just wanted...Nevermind. You don't have tae stay if ya don't wanna. Sorry fer puttin' ya in this position."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:48 pm

Kari's serene expression seemed to sadden at Solana's musings, but would instantly perk up once Solana mentioned games again.

"Well, if you want!" Kari said. "So long as you're not tired, I'd love to play more games with Nana!"

She hugged Solana tightly, brushing her porcelain cheek against Solana's warm one.

"If Fie's still around maybe we can play a game to see who can find them!" she said. "But only if you're not tired or need more rest okay?"

When Fey suggested Fie would leave, the latter pursed their lips and crossed their arms.

"Hey, you can't just tell me to go after you were so whiny about me coming here," they said.

Fey would notice the tiniest glow of pink in their glass cheeks.

"I'll stay as long as I need until you're better," they said. "I'm...not the best company, but you sulking alone doesn't sit well with me."

If Corvus went back to the courtyard, he'd see that it was practically abandoned. Fie, Kari, and Solana all seemed to have disappeared. They would, however, see someone emerge from the corner of the palace. It was...a boy wearing a long brown cloak. He had a scarf on and his hair was a bright maroon red, olive-colored eyes, and a red scarf that matched his hair.

"Gaaahhh....why did they send me heeeere?" he whined.

His voice suggested he was rather young, or at the very least in his early teens. He would even see tears streaming down his cheeks and his body shaking. He was holding up an envelope with one hand and clutching his hair with the other.

"Bwaaahhh...the princess seemed REALLY mad!" he said. "And no doubt this letter has nasty things in it. Boss is gonna be so upseeeeet. I'd have gone up myself, but they wouldn't let meeee."

He then dropped to his knees, his body making a thud as it did. He then started raising hands in prayers.

"Gods, protect me! I DON'T WANT TO GET FIREEEEED!"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:32 pm

Solana gave a lighthearted laugh as Kari hugged her once again. She happily returned the affection. "There's no need to fret over me so. I'm quite resilient!" She beamed a moment, seemingly proud of herself.

Eventually she pulled away, standing up and holding out a hand to Kari. "Oooh that's a good idea for a game! It would help me to practice a bit of focus too, I think." She giggled once again. She was always in such a wonderful mood around Kari and Fie.

--

"Mm..." Fey gave a small grunt of affirmation at Fie's statement. She didn't get why she was so intent on staying NOW, when she'd been so impatient earlier. Well, it really didn't matter. She didn't have the energy to ask. Sadly, she didn't look up to see Fie's blush, her eyes remained closed and she stayed curled up, clearly done with trying to talk things through.

--

Corvus was more than a little annoyed from that whole exchange. This new mission was going to be a nightmare, hell dealing with the princess from here on out was going to be a nightmare. It had to be done though, at least for now...Still, he couldn't exactly keep the scowl from his face as he stepped into the courtyard. He needed to have a word with Fey when he got a chance, she was probably moping somewhere.

Still, he was surprised when he saw that the courtyard was mostly empty. Well...save for some kid bawling his eyes out. He stared over at him for a few moments. Seemed to be a teenager, some kind of messenger?

Well, it wasn't his business.

Corvus mentally shrugged and just tried to walk past him. He wasn't about to get involved with anymore of Eala's affairs.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 am

Kari beamed at Solana and took her hands.

"Well, let's get to it then!" she said. "We'll find Fie and play more games!"

Fie exhaled quietly as Fey curled up. They reached their hand to touch Fey's head, but then retreated it. It was then the footsteps and shouting happened.

"Fiiiiie! Where are you?" Kari's voice echoed through the trees. "Fiiiie? We're playing hide-and-seek now, so you better hide before we catch you!"

Fie straightened up and moved towards the exit of the clearing. They then stopped and looked at Fey. She was still curled up, silent, solemn--a glaring contrast to what she usually was. Whether Fey responded or not, Fie would sit down on the snow next to her, their sword pierced into the snow.

They'd be fine without them for the meantime. Fie would stay a little bit more with Fey. They did promise, after all.

How bothersome, Fie thought. Who knew you'd be more trouble being sad than happy?

Still, it was less the bothersome part that Fie was worried about. Whether they admitted it or not, they wanted Fey to be okay.

From her tower, Eala watched as Corvus walked across the courtyard. She biting the tip of her glove as she did, thoughtful and troubled.

Corvus and the Incantus had laid down very interesting cards on the table. Now it was just a matter of seeing if they would pull through. The Incantus, Eala was sure, probably would never face her again, especially after humiliating herself. Corvus, though...he had things he wanted to accomplish. The door opened behind Eala.

"Your Highness, you called?" Tibon asked, his back hunched and his head low.

Eala turned her face only briefly before watching Corvus vanish.

"Yes," she told her servant. "I want our resources in Aldmerrow to be on the lookout for runaways from a healing facility."

"Do we have any specifics to go off on?"

Eala let go of her glove and then moved onto playing with an amulet on her neck, a dark black crystal. Onyx? Cairngorm?

"No," she said. "But I believe that it should have caused some news and that our ears would pick up on it. There's two of them. One's powerful and probably the person who broke them out. The other's more important. Have both alive, of course, and give me as much information on who they are."

"Right away," Tibon said.

Eala pushed herself away from the balcony and moved back inside. She regarded Tibon with no smile.

"There's only one esteemed healing facility known in Aldmerrow, am I correct?"

"Why, yes, Your Highness," Tibon said with a nod.

Eala pinched her chin and looked at the ground.

"Interesting..."

"How so, Your Highness?"

"Didn't my godmother visit a healing asylum in Aldmerrow?"

"I believe so, yes...It's why when she came for her visits with the Chief Commander, she'd always leave the visits earlier."

"I see..." she said. "Then it's more important than ever that we get the girl."

Tibon gave a low bow, his robes practically touching the floor.

"Understood. I will send word right away."

With Eala's motion, he left and the princess moved back to her desk. On it, she had a small drawn portrait of three people, a young girl, a man, and a woman. She smiled.

"Perhaps our family reunion will be sooner than we think."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:17 am

Solana beamed at Kari's words, letting out a delighted laugh and squeezing he rhands in response. Then, she was happily led away to find Fie.

--

Fey was honestly a little surprised when Fie came back. She'd expected her to leave her all alone...She was being troublesome after all...She didn't react much, but after a few seconds of silence, Fie would feel Fey tip and lean against her. Fey tilted her head, placing a small kiss on Fie's arm, a silent thank you. She didn't know how long this comfort would last, but Fey was happy to have it. She let out a small sigh and closed her eyes.

She would fall asleep in no time at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 pm