Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

A Raven and a Swan [Closed] - Page 4 Empty Re: A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Post by Lilac Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 pm

"Oooh, that sounds like fun!" Kari said clapping her hands ecstatically. "Right, Fifi? You'll play too, right?"

Fie grimaced and pressed their finger on their forehead.

"I said not to call me that," they grumbled. "Anyways, I think it'd be good to train, yeah."

Fie swung their sword over their soldier, finally letting go of Solana and jerking their head at the nearby hills.

"Alright, Nana. You run and we chase you. Are you ready?"

Kari herself pulled her scythe from behind her back and grasped it, smiling brightly.

Eala regarded Fey as the fairy Incantus tried to make her case. The princess' expression remained unchanged as Fey spoke. She closed her eyes. Her shoulders lowered and she turned away from the two to face a bare wall.

"You're too useful to me," she said. "Perhaps once you've lived out that usefulness, I'll consider letting you gamble yourself. That is unless..."

Eala turned her head, one eye peering from her veil at Fey.

"You're willing to make a contract with me," she said. "That way you can grant my wish and you'll be bound for me forever. In a way, that's marriage, is it not?"

She then tilted her head again. A small, hollow laugh escaped her lips.

"Though, you know what you'll have to do if you want to make that contract, don't you?"

Eala's eye this time looked at Corvus directly.

"That said, it'd be a shame for such a handsome face to go pale, wouldn't it?"

It was hard to tell at this point if Eala was being serious or making a serious proposition. She did, however, go quiet and waited for a response.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:00 pm

Solana beamed as they jumped back and accepted her challenge. Oh this would be fun indeed! She got up, dusted herself off and smiled at the two. "This will be fun! Let me count down. Five, four, thre-" Suddenly, she'd hop back, and begin simply sprinting away. Despite her airy and distant attitude, there was a scary focus to her now as she moved, already whispering some kind of incantation while looking back at the two. It seemed she already had something planned, but was holding off on casting anything until they got closer. Briefly though, the incantation stopped and she cheekily stuck out a tongue at the two of them.

--

"..." What an offer...Fey regarded Eala with shining eyes as the girl spoke. She was...utterly fascinating. Slowly, Fey tilted her head, her yellow eyes staring hard at Eala herself.

Corvus, watching all this, scoffed and shook his head. "What an unreasonable request. Fey wouldn-" He trailed off as he caught Fey's eye. There was a grim smile stretched across her face. "I have an idea of what the Princess would want." She suddenly let out a laugh and shook her head. "If I kill him, we can be together? You'd want that?" Fey looked back, her face growing hard.

"Fey."

"Just blow a small kiss my way and I'll know." She gave a wink, a bit of levity in this seemingly dire time. "I'll make it quick, and then I really will be yours..." She let out an almost dreamy sigh, before shaking her head and staring once more at Eala.

"Fey, this better be some kind of joke." Corvus sighed, resting his hand on the hilt of his blade. Fey's pulled some treachery before, but he'd never expect an outright betrayal (at least not one that would result in his death). Fey shot another harsh glare at Corvus and took a small step forward. "I want this Corvus. It's the only thing I've wanted for myself in a very long time. Reality is what I make of it...Nothing will stand in my way." There was a hollowness to her voice that honestly chilled Corvus. He looked over towards Eala, his teeth clenched. "It would not serve you to have her kill me. You nee-"

"Who made the legend of the crow, Corvus?" Fey cut him off flatly. "Who can make people up and stab themselves through the heart? All yer good for is killin'. If I'm breaking my rule now, I might as well break it over and over again. A-as long as I'm loved, I will do whatever it takes!"

Both of them gave another glance towards Eala. Both were hoping for two very different things at the moment, but both were clearly ready to fight.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Both Fie and Kari watched as Solana sped. They stayed in place for a moment before glancing at one another. For once, Fie smirked.

"Well, no better way to learn how to hunt than catch a literal ball of fire, right?" they said.

Kari bobbed her head. She cupped her hands and called out to Solana.

"Better run faster, Nana!" she said with a small giggle.

Fie stood still, looking straight at where Solana before looking at Kari. Kari grinned before slinging her scythe's curved blade on the floor. As she did, a glyph would appear at a tilted angle where the blade was. Kari would then step on the curve of her scythe and the glyph glowed, shooting her upwards at a trajectory at a fast speed. Fie, meanwhile, stretched their sword forward, casting a line of glyphs as well, and would dash in a straight line trailing a ray of light behind them.

Both would start to close in on Solana, only being twenty feet away from her now. Mid-air, Kari would leap off her scythe and raise it high, coming in for Solana from above.

A smile would make its way to Eala's face and she'd tilt her head.

"That serious, hm?" she said, her tone laced with bitterness. "Well, then..."

Eala raised one hand, drawing it closer to Fey's face. Just as it was about to touch, however, it would curl its fingers.

*Snap*

The pearl earring Eala had given Corvus would turn from shimmering white to a deep black. Something akin to energy bolting through his nerves would attack Corvus and glowing Cartic runes would start emerging on his skin. His body would turn numb and he'd feel like a thousand knives were grinding against his skin at once, making a million paper cuts that stung and welting open. Depending on how much he bore it, he might buckle over or keel, or even get on all fours. The marks would glow a deep purple, like the color of glowing venom.

"Antipathy," Eala said, keeping her eyes fixed on Fey. "A special little spell I had my mage make just for my needs. The person under it will feel extreme pain and continue to weaken. Their whole body begins to go in distress, and their mind to falter."

Corvus would barely hear Eala's words. Everything would feel like sounds being said in the water. His vision would blur and despite every other of his senses going, he'd still feel the pain. Eala's face returned to being flat and unaffected as she stared at Fey.

"In 60 seconds, his body will be stressed to the point of cardiac arrest," she said. "And his last memories will be his companion selling him out for the sake of being with a girl who has no heart to begin with. You ask me to love you, dear Fey? We both know monsters like you and I can never do that."

She tilted her head.

"Love is the secret of normal people," she said. "Not one we are allowed to know."

She stepped closer, this time touching Fey's cheek and her hair. Her touch would feel ice cold and stiff.

"So, if you really want this, Fey, I shall not settle for any blowing kiss alone," she said plainly. "Kiss me on the lips, and we can seal this empty vow. A hoax made by our own corrupted version of love."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:37 am

Solana's eye briefly widened as the two up and shot after her QUITE quickly. Still, she'd been prepping this whole time. She finally completed her spell and did a small cartwheel. As her hand touched the ground, a huge cartic circle surrounded her. There was a small rumble before a jet of fire shot up all around her, reaching quite high in the sky and obscuring her for a moment.

The next, there was a loud whoosh as Solana suddenly shot out of the fire, only this time she was twenty feet up in the air. Sprouting from her back were fiery wings that were shooting out gouts of flames behind her. She was traveling quite fast already. Again, she turned back, sticking out her tongue and blowing a raspberry at the two trying to keep up.

--

Fey's eyes briefly widened as she saw Corvus fall. Eala snapped her fingers and he just went down. Her eyes went to Eala, to Corvus and back to Eala. She was just starting to figure it out when Eala spoke up and confirmed her fears. Corvus had fallen to a knee. Given his hand desperately trying to rise, he'd figured it out too. They'd both known she was clever, but they hadn't bet on her being paranoid.

Corvus let out a few gasping sounds, staring up at the two of them with an intense anger in his eyes. How he hadn't fallen face down yet, even Fey didn't know. Her attention was drawn away from him, though, as Eala spoke. She felt her hands on her cheek, she stared into her eyes. Each word felt like a punch to the gut. This wasn't what she wanted to hear. This wasn't what she wanted to see. Her eyes began to grow watery as Eala finished speaking. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Gently, she reached out and cupped Eala's cheeks. For a moment, it seemed as she was going to take her lips.

Instead, she pressed their foreheads together, her eyes never looking away. "Yer lying..." She whispered. "Reality is what I make of it. The same rings true for anyone with the desire to change. You want love, same as I. Normal hasn't existed in Esterelf fer awhile...I would know." Slowly, she lowered her hand, placing it on her own chest. "I'll give you my heart if you want it. It's battered and broken...but it can beat fer you if ya accept it. Suddenly, she let out a light laugh, more tears spilling out. "We can share it, if ya really don't have one...But I know what its like." She hesitated a moment, but only a moment. "Since the start, I've been missing pieces o' me...It's never enough. I have tae take so much just fer a small piece back...I wanna give fer once. I want tae be loved, but I want tae love too...and everyone deserves such a feeling, Eala."

She paused a moment, her eyes moving towards Corvus. There was a moment where her lip trembled. She...didn't know if what she was doing was correct...Slowly, she looked back towards Eala. "I will not....I will NOT have this stand on an empty vow. Our wedding bells wont be kicked off by a swan song." She stared into her eyes once more, steely determination shaking off the sadness. "If ya really think ya can't love, or can't receive love...Then stay silent. I'll kiss you and you'll have me. Take me fer yerself if all I am is a wish. You can live and die a monster, and a piece of me will go with Corvus." She took a breath, "But..if ya think you can change. If you want that genuine feeling. If ya want more than a hoax from me. Then make a change. Spare 'im. He's old as dirt anyways, he'll die on his own and you'll still get the wish. At the end of it all...I can still promise ya a wish. If you want more than that...Then kiss ME."

..."Despite what ya say. I don't believe yer a monster."

Corvus by now had utterly collapsed. Impressively enough, his hand was still creeping towards his ear. It wouldn't make it in time, that was the truth, but he would try. He would always try.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:51 am

As Solana flew upwards into the sky, Kari smiled.

"That's always such a pretty site," Kari said giggling as she started to descend. Just as she was about to make her landing, Fie was coming up.

"Fie!" Kari called out.

Fie almost immediately understood, stopping mid-run and extending their sword horizontally so that Kari could land on it light as a feather. A second glyph emerged and Kari would leap upwards again towards Solana's altitude. She'd cast a set of marks as her scythe glowed white. As it did, Kari would make a slash in the air, sending a sharp gale of wind in Solana's way.

Eala listened to Fey, her eyes still hollow as ever, her face a blank slate. There was something very dull, very dead about the way Eala was now looking at Fey. It wasn't that she was not listening to Fey. It was that it didn't seem to penetrate at all.

Her hand would frame Fey's face again, holding her a little too firmly. When Fey would look into Eala's eyes, that same bitter look from earlier. She started leaning in, her lips parting. And all of a sudden, Eala smiled.

"Who knew that a thousand-year-old being such as yourself...could be so foolish."

Eala would raise her hand, making another snapping motion.

Almost instantly, the runes stopped glowing on Corvus and would flicker out. The pain would be relieved and he'd be able to see the room around him. The pearl would temporarily turn blue and he'd feel a calm glowing light around him, soothing his aching bones, and steadying his heartbeat.

Eala pulled away from Fey, her face reverting back to the doll-like expression. She stared at Fey dismissively.

"And here I thought you had some actual resolve" Eala said. She turned away and moved back to the desk. "Save your big talk for when you're ready to play for it."

She then pulled out a paper and started writing. The sound of scratching and scribbling echoed around the empty room.

"Anyways, back to business. We're still on for the next mission, right?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:56 am

She thought...

She thought she had gotten through.

Fey's mouth hung open as Eala up and walked away from her. She scolded her, up and stamped on her emotions and just...pretended like nothing had happened. Corvus let out a gasp as the magic released him, he tore the earing off immediately and let it fall to the ground. There was a rage in his eyes that smoldered quite intensely as he pushed himself up. He understood Eala trying to kill him at some point. He hadn't trusted her THAT much, but for Fey to...

"Fey."

She looked over, the expression on her face making him falter. No illusions, no false emotions. Everything was there. He paused. Seemed like her punishment had already happened. "Take a walk." He said simply, crossing his arms and turning away from the Incantus. Fey's shoulders slumped. Her jaw set once again and she suddenly up and flew off, zipping right out the window.

"So, I trust that won't ever happen again." He rumbled, his whole body still aching from the attack.

--

Solana was having a grand time. She knew the two would keep up just fine with her. They'd most likely catch her eventually too! For now, she'd indulge herself in some fun! She glanced back just in time to see Kari flying RIGHT AT HER. The girl let out a scream that quickly turned into giggles as Kari suddenly slashed the air itself. Solana held her hands up, letting out a small grunt as the gale cut into her. It was light, she'd be fine. She arched back, letting herself fall slightly before snapping her hands up and smiling cheekily at the girl now a little above her. Her wings seemed to ripple a moment before the suddenly exploded from her back and formed into little balls of flame. Solana stretched her arms out, like she was asking for a hug, then clapped. One by one the balls of flame would start peppering Kari. Solana of course, dialed the destructive energy back to 'stinging' levels, but it would still be enough to almost juggle the poor girl in the air if she got caught by them.

After that, Solana began to CLEARLY cast another Phoenix wing spell, more for their sake than hers. She didn't want them worrying about her for nothing!

--

Fey was quick as she left Eala's room. Her heart felt like it was going to explode. She was rejected by Eala and pushed away by Corvus in one swoop. It was her fault too...Her eyes examined the area around her. She knew what she wanted, what she needed. She didn't care anymore. She didn't want to be alone.

She spotted their game quickly, they seemed so absorbed. She didn't have the energy to fly fast truth be told. She barely had the energy to fly. She found herself floating gently into a kneeling position, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath. Briefly, she reached out to the closest person. It was Fie...

The girl in question would hear a small whisper come from directly behind her. Too incomprehensible to make out the words, but enough to draw her attention. From there, it would be easy to see Fey. She had a frightening look to her. Tears were streaming freely down her face, yet her eyes looked distant and far off. She seemed to be muttering something, but she was too far off to hear and, finally, her hand was on her chest, clutching her shirt like she had been stabbed right in the heart itself. Slowly, her head raised, staring right at Fie, silently asking for help.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:51 am

"Whoops!" Kari said as she noticed the fire attack.

She'd cross her arms in a guarding position. Her skin would be fine since it was made of crystal, but the same couldn't be said about her clothes. The fire nibbled at it causing soot stains and some patches in it.

"Oh, teacher isn't going to like this," Kari said to herself, though she didn't seem all too concerned. She let herself sink backwards and fall. As a tree came into her line of site, she'd hook her scythe onto it, allowing herself to swing on its branch into standing position. With Solana still mid-air, Kari cast a glyph in front of her. The difference this time was that icy shards would appear and start shooting towarsd Solana, aiming for her wings once more.

Fie was running to catch up with Solana when they heard the whisper behind them. They sharply turned, used to listening for things and staying on guard. What Fie hadn't been expecting was a teary-eyed Fey. Fie scowled, ready to berate the fairy for trying to guilt them into hugs, but as Fey clutched their shirt, they noticed something different this time. These weren't fake tears.

"O-oi..." Fie muttered. "What's with you? Aren't you supposed to be with the princess?"

In the distance, Fie heard a signsong voice.

"Fiiiie! Where are you?" Kari's voice rang. "I thought we were playing."

Fie turned.

"In a minute!" they said.

They turned back to Fey, crossing their arms and arching a brow.

"Are you going to explain yourself or not?"

Eala seemingly paid no attention as Fey flew out. She finished writing her request when Corvus asked her his question.

"Hm?" she said absently. "What will not happen again? I'm sorry, I want to focus on things that actually matter right now."

Eala stood up, folding the paper and walking over to Corvus.

"We've done cash. We've done the tiny things," she said plainly. "It's now time for the real requests."

Corvus would be handed the paper. On it, he'd see only several words written in bright red ink:

Bring me the Red Witch.

Last edited by Lilac on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:13 am

Solana grinned at the momentary distraction she gained from her attack. She finished her incantation and wings sprouted from her back once again. She twisted, beginning to turn to flee once more when ice shot through her wings. She wasn't too far off the ground, so the resulting fall only caused her a couple scratches and bruises. She rolled, shaking her head from side to side as she looked up to see Kari's position. She knew she'd be making her way over once again. Acting on instinct, she wreathed herself in flame, trying to warm herself up after that ice attack and obscure Kari's vision once more. Kari would see Solana casting and moving just a little bit slower than before. Ice attacks always did hit her hard, though even in training they could be lethal.

--

Fie didn't come running. She was standing there asking her questions. She understood. She teased her so much, played on her emotions so much. "I-I'm sorry." She whispered, her hand joining the other at her chest. "I'm so sorry, Fie." She began to cry, hard. Her hands rose to her eyes, covering then in almost shame as the girl shook. "A-am I so impossible to love? Am I stupid? Am I just hideous? Some kind of foul creature!?" She didn't know why she was saying all this to Fie. She could just be the first one that was there...Either way, she half expected the girl to spin on her heel and walk away. "What is wrong with me!? Tell me please! I need to know! I can...I can fix it if I know! I can be whatever...whatever..whatever-" She couldn't even finish her sentence as she broke down into sobs. Again, her hand reached out towards Fie, her fingers desperately clawing at the air, while her arm hid her face.

--

Corvus' eye twitched at her next words. Why was it that when anyone got any semblance of power, they always turned into a raging asshole? Then again, maybe she was always like this. "Do you treat all your subjects like this or am I just special?" He reached out, taking the paper and giving it a cursory-oh fucking shit. "I guess ALMOST being killed on a lark is some kind of caring. I feel all warm and fuzzy." He muttered as he inspected the paper. Ohhh he hoped Tala had some money on her...He didn't dignify Eala with a response. It was clear he had no choice here.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:58 am

"Sorry, Nanaaaa~" Kari called out from the tree as Solana tried to recover from the ice attack.

Kari would fly up again. Fie was nowhere to be seen, but they had called out and said that they had to do something, so Kari shrugged it off. She and Nana could have some one-on-one in the meantime. She'd fly upwards again as Solana tried to recover. This time sending another gale of wind.

Fie's eyes widened as Fey started breaking down in front of them. They glanced to the side uneasily. The sound of Fey's crying met no words from them. However, when Fey started saying questions and clawing at the air, Fie stepped forward. They marched suavely towards Fey, their free hand on their hip.

Fey's hand would be met with Fie's gloved finger.

"I have no idea what you're apologizing for," Fie said bluntly. "You're not making much sense right now to me."

Their transparent irises would look at Fey before shifting away again. Their lips pursed.

"Why not we find somewhere we can sit down and you can explain yourself, hm?"

Eala raised an eyebrow at Corvus' remark and she'd manage a small amused smile.

"Don't think too highly of yourself now," she said. "Though, if you liked it so much, I'd be more than happy to send you back to feeling that way, hm?"

Her smile was empty as she stared at Corvus. When he went quiet, she let out a small hum and went to sit on her chaise.

"So, judging from your silence, you don't deny this request," she said. "This may seem like a simple bounty hunter task but I have particular...reasons...to need the witch alive. That said, let's talk prices. We were disrupted earlier from discussing it. I'm guessing money won't be enough this time, right?"

She'd stretch her legs onto the chaise and lean sideways, with one of her hands boredly tracing the marble floor.

"Are you going to tell me yet what you really want out of all of this?" she asked. "And no bluffing or lying this time."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:06 pm

Solana shivered slightly, but waved Kari's apology off. It was the smart thing to do after all. She let out a small sigh, her breath turning to steam as the fires began to warm her. This time, the gale hit her dead on, causing Solana to stumble back. "Ahh, Fifi has gotten very talented." She giggled, she outstretched her hand, seeming to stretch out slightly before flicking her hand and pointing at Kari.

A small bead seemed to fly out from the tip of her fingers and zip up towards Kari, heading straight at her. At the last moment, it would pull to the side and explode violently, if Kari didn't move, she'd find flames lapping at the edges of her body. She'd also get it with a blast of wind from the explosion itself, threatening to send her flying.

Solana then turned and began to sprint away once again. "Are you ready to give up yet?"

--

Fey sniffled at Fie's words. Its not what she wanted right now...Not at all. She moved forwards, wrapped her arms around Fie's waist. "I-I don't want to..." She sobbed, gripping Fie quite tightly. "I'll explain everything later I just...I just..." Another wave of tears hit her almost immediately. "I-I need you right not Fie...Please." She begged.

--

"I think I'll pass on this one. Don't want to make the other subjects jealous." He, almost, chuckled to himself, but managed to keep a straight enough face. Corvus didn't move much as they spoke. Though it mostly due his body aching from the assault just moments ago....He was probably going to need to lie down after this.

Still, there was business to be done.

Her crossed his arms and leaned forward. "I don't suppose you'll tell me that reason?" He doubted it, but he could still ask at least. "As for what I want..." Corvus hesitated a moment before continuing. "I need someone found, simple as that."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am