Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

A Raven and a Swan [Closed] Empty A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:55 pm

[OOC: Takes place at the start of the summer season]

Tonight was one of clearer skies. As summer drew near, the storms lessened in Eisleyn. The sky was a flat dark blue fabric dragged across the atmosphere. Stars sparkled like scattered glitter and the moon was a shiny smooth button embedded in the center of it. Lights from village houses embedded along the shape of the mountain went out one by one, not out of desire for sleep, but because lights on past curfew were inspected for any "suspicious activity".

From the observatory, Princess Eala watched this happen. She wore a bell-shaped gown, white, of course, with layers of sheen and silk fabrics. As usual, the skirt ended just at her knees in the front but slowly grew longer at the back trailing a white fabric train with carmine accents. She stood at the observatory's balcony, leaning against the railing, her expression as per usual disinterested and her bright violet eyes dulled.

"Your Highness?" A grating voice said behind her.

The princess' head lazily turned.

In the doorway was a robed figure, hunched over with the hood only showing the face of an old man with crooked teeth and a withered beard.

"Yes, Tibon?"

"Archmage Winters suggests you be abed early tonight. You're to expect many suitors tomorrow from Saoirse," he reminded.

"Ah...that's right."

Eala straightened up, her sharp heels clacking against the smooth marble as she faced Tibon. A gloved hand reached for her face as the veil covering it started to blow with the gentle wind.

"Thank you, Tibon. I suppose it is getting late."

Tibon guided the princess out, the moonlight coming from behind them as they entered the barely lit hallways and made their way to the princess' room.

The young woman's chambers were opulent, as expected. A large canopy bed in maroon and magenta coverlets rested at one end, raised on a platform. Chairs, cushions, and tables scattered against the walls, as did an armoire. Once the sendings arrived, Tibon left for Eala to change, bidding the girl goodnight.

Eala was dressed in a rich velvet red nightgown. The tail trailing behind her while the front exposed her legs up to just below her upper thighs. She had not taken off her crown yet until she paused in front of the mirror.

Aside from her reflection, she could see the window leading to the outside, and something was there she hadn't seen before.

A small smile crept onto the girl's porcelain face.

"A visitor this late in the evening?" her voice said in a low, sweet but sharp tone.
    KitKet
    KitKet

A Raven and a Swan [Closed] Empty Re: A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 pm

"Well, I was just passing through. Heard of this fascinating woman."

Leaning on the window sill itself a gray haired man could be seen. On his shoulder was perched a black crow, its yellow eyes stared at Eala hard. A single feather was drifting lazily in the air, seeming to make its way towards Eala herself. The man certainly looked like a mercenary, wearing a leather jerkin and simple clothing. One look at his otherworldly features and glowing yellow eyes made it hard to mistake him for a simple commoner. "There's something you need." He whispered, his eyes locked hard on the woman. Slowly, he pushed himself from the wall and began to stride forward. "A wish you have yet to speak of? Or an obvious need."

"Maybe some better guards?" The crow would speak up, cocking its head to the side. "They're pretty worthless."

Corvus would stop a few feet from the woman, seeming to regard her for a few moment. "Either way. There's something you need. Something only I can do." He tilted his head, an amused smile spreading across his features. "And I'm certain you can pay my price."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Despite the fact the stranger was standing just behind her, Eala merely went back to sitting at her mirror. As the man explained himself, she casually took her brush and started running it through her hair. She let out a satisfied hum.

"Quite the bold claim, you and your little pet there have," she said nonchalantly. "And let alone make such a claim right within a woman's quarters unannounced."

Eala placed the brush down, smoothly spinning her chair to face Corvus with her bare legs crossed behind the ankles and her thighs closed. Her dark violet eyes held the smallest glimmer of interest as she looked Corvus directly in the eye. They held no fear, not even intimidation.

"Why, if I were any other person, it'd almost seem like a romantic, perhaps even....passionate gesture," Eala said.

Her hands folded onto her lap as she sat up straight.

"But you seem lost in your own argument," Eala mentioned. "You mention I want something, but even you cannot place it. And here I thought the Crow of Dearmad was supposed to know all."

She raised a hand, inspecting her nails lazily.

"What do you think a lowly mercernary as yourself can provide to the princess of a country?" she asked. "Riches? Power? Perhaps affection?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Corvus could only smile wider at Eala's response. She was interesting indeed. He opened his mouth to speak when fey suddenly flew forward. By the time she reached Eala, her form was already shifting. In front of her landed a woman. She was fairly short, but quite beautiful. Dark hair cascaded down past her shoulders, feathers seeming to be woven into each strand. Her skin was pale yet flawless, her eyes yellow and piercing with black scelera. Just below her eye there were two, black diamond shaped marks. She wore a simple black sundress, on her back fluttered a pair of dragonfly wings. A wide smile crossed her face and she knelt down, attempting to take Eala's hand. "I'm no pet my dead. Though, such gestures are in my realm of expertise. If its romance or passion ya desire...Well, ya happen toe be my favorite kind o' person." She leaned forwards, her voice dropping into a whisper. "Beautiful, rich and cr-ACK"

She was cut off as Corvus grabbed her by the back of her sundress, lifted her off the ground and placed her to the side.

"No one knows everything, but I don't need to. Everyone has a desire. You're the ruler of a nation. I'm sure you have many." He crossed his arms, glancing at a now pouting Fey for a moment. "Whatever you wish. Should you need riches, you will receive riches. Power, I have that in spades. Affectio-" "Mine." Corvus glanced again at Fey, who only smiled innocently. "I'm better than any you've ever had, and any you ever WILL have."

..By the gods Fey...

"The point is. WE can offer whatever you desire. You and I both know I'm no lowly mercenary. All I ask for is a bit of coin, and a small favor."

"The coin shouldn't be a problem right? You practically have that delivered tae ya nowadays don't ya?" Fey giggled, giving the woman a sly wink.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:19 pm

For the briefest moment as Fey morphed in front of Eala, the latter's eyes widened. Fey was quickly put in place, however, by Corvus who tried a second time to use suave persuasion.

Eala tilted her head, resting her cheek in one hand.

"An Incantus," she murmured. "How interesting. It makes a lot of sense, however."

When Corvus finished his argument, she let out a small hum.

"Hmmm, a wish, a wish..." Eala repeated in a sing-song manner. "Well, I suppose I could use someone who works for me away from the eyes of both the public and my court."

Eala would stand up, her hands laced together and pressed against her stomach as she walked towards Corvus. Her heels clacked against the ground, producing a hollow sound, and her red nightgown trailed behind as she moved to just a foot in front of Corvus and Fey.

"To fulfill my wish, I'll need a series of favors fulfilled," she said slowly, her voice softening. A hand would raise itself first, lifting towards Fey's face to brush the hair away from it. The same smile from earlier appeared. "A number pests exterminated, a number of lost things retrieved...and..."

Moving from Fey, Eala's hand would trace a line against Corvus' chest going downwards.

"A few people I want for myself."

Eala would sharply turn, the fabric of her nightgown shifting behind her.

"If you can agree to those, I, in return, can grant what you request," she said.

And then, letting out a small, pleased sound,

"You make it sound like you came on the premise that I desired something," she stated. "But the reason you were so bold to come here has less to do with coin does it not? You mentioned a favor. Yes...you feel I can offer you something no one else can."

Her face would turn slightly, a small grin on her lips.

"Tell me, my dear black knight," she said. "What is it you desire most?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Corvus remained fairly passive as Eala spoke and grew close, barely reacting as she placed a hand on his chest and trailed her hand down. Not the first time this has happened, probably wouldn't be the last either. Fey on the other hand, practically melted as Eala pushed her hair back. to Corvus, it was odd to see. Fey wasn't like this ever, Claudia MIGHT get her to blush every now and then but...

Fey on the other hand, looked the slightest bit annoyed as her attention to Corvus. Sure, not EVERYONE could be into her, but...come on. She figured Eala would have more discerning taste.

"Depends on who you want." Fey's eyes snapped towards Corvus at his words. Was he an idiot!? "Everything else is not a problem." As Eala continued, Fey's wings fluttered and she rose herself from the ground idly, an amused grin appearing on her face. "Well everyone wants somethin'."

"What I desire most, is currently lost." Corvus got right to the point, finally crossing his arms and letting his smile drop. "I simply need help finding it." He began to step forward, when Fey suddenly fluttered forward. Again, Corvus was surprised. She was never like this, not when they were discussing business at least. "We both have our wishes, sweet Princess."

"Bwaahhhh, You're really pretty you know?" Fey suddenly leaned forward, sparkles quite literally appearing in her eyes. "Beautiful actually~ Hey, let me make you into a legend. You already have the looks and the mindset. Just a little push and you'll be remembered forever!"

At this point, Corvus was already pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Fey for the love of the gods...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:42 pm

At Corvus' question about "who" she wanted, Eala pinched her chin.

"I want to know whether you can deliver the first things I request before I give you that answer," she said. She turned her face slightly towards him and smiled. "I need to know if I can trust someone as disarmingly handsome as yourself, after all. I think you might know good looks and honesty rarely mix."

She gave a small chuckle. When Fey started speaking to her again, she continued her small bemused smile. A gloved finger would trace the frame of Fey's face.

"Hmm, yes, perhaps," she said. "Perhaps those wishes are even...mutual? Hm~?"

She'd pull away from Fey's face as Corvus continued discussing what he wanted on his end.

"Something lost?" she said. "And you need help recovering that said lost thing."

As he stepped forward, Eala would step back, not out of fear or wariness, but in order to start surveying his face. She'd begin to circle around him. Her heels once again tapping against the floor and echoing in the room.

"A precious family heirloom?" she thought. "No...you could do that by yourself if that were the case. A grand treasure? An individual? Hmmm...And it also has to be something your delightful little friend here can't provide either. Something even an Incantus can provide..."

Her thoughts would be cut short when Fey interrupted, coming closer to her and creating offers for Eala herself. The princess would lightly tap Fey on the nose.

"I think we both know once an Incantus has a contract, they can't go cheating, now can they?" she said in a soft, low voice. "Not that you can't commit another form of cheating, now can you?"

Eala's face would lean in, incredibly close to Fey's, but pull away just before they would touch. She'd make a small chuckle.

"Besides, I have no desires for being a legend," she said. "I'll be remembered as it is enough being the ruler that I am. No, I only desire..."

She turned away again, staring at a blank wall in her room.

"Love."

It was hard to say what "love" she was referring to, but it didn't matter as she quickly spoke up afterwards.

"I am willing to take your proposal, Mister Corvus," she said. Her tone was a lot colder now, not at all affectionate as it had been earlier. "My first task for you will be simple enough. Some necromancers have had the audacity to set up camp on my lands. I want them dead."

Eala had moved to her dressing table and had taken a stationery and quill. She continued to speak as she jotted things down.

"You'll find them gathering around the noble houses' catacombs," she said. "I have many hunters, but they're scattered and want as many stamped out before they grow. I'll also need evidence that you've killed them, but I have something for that."

Eala would finish writing and rolling up her scroll. She'd seal it with wax and then pull out a little pearl earring from her drawer. She'd hand both to Corvus and Fey.

"This has the official order from me," she stated. "And you can write down your required payment as a result. As for this, this will serve as your evidence. All you need to do is wear it when you commit the deed."

She then tilted her head, her face deadpanned.

"Do we have a deal?"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:34 pm

"You have good instincts, princess." Corvus chuckled, finally adding some levity. "You're quite right in that regard." He fell into silence though, as Eala suddenly traced her finger on Fey's face. His eyes narrowed as he watched Fey's reaction. A deep blush, hearts beginning to form in her eyes. Was she really being swayed so easily?

Eala would very clearly see a pinkish hue rush to Fey's cheeks at her actions. The incantus was very quickly becoming putty in the princesses hands. "I don't need a wish to get what I want." She whispered, clearly playing into Eala's tease. When the girl pulled away suddenly, Fey seemed to pout, the hearts in her eyes seeming to crack and shatter. "Hmm..." Was Fey's only response to her next words. Sure she could quip, but there was something genuine to what Eala was saying.

"Consider it done." Corvus gave a small nod, cooly sidestepping all the talk of love. He..wasn't going to get involved in that. "I'll get to it right away." He said as he took the earring and paper. Fey took her own and inspected it carefully. "I have a feeling you'll quickly become a fan of our work." Fey giggled rocking back on her heels. "We have a deal." Corvus said with finality, a small smile gracing his features once again.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Eala offered a smile once more. But unlike before there was a coldness to it.

"Good," she said. "I expect nothing less."

It wasn't long before Corvus became a regular hire for the princess. Several months into his contract, he'd have taken care of her dirty work for the most part. Killing certain powerful corrupted beasts, attempted assassins, among other things. While Corvus would remain a mystery for the most part to many of her court, her outsiders would, and him being along the palace grounds was not an uncommon sight. He'd have news to bring to her today about a completion of killing necromancers near the Rosenthal manor as well as a beckon to answer questions she had from his scouting.

The palace grounds were, as per usual, covered in snow, and he'd find himself walking along the well-maintained gardens of the courtyard. The princess had...specific tastes for her garden. Most of it consisted of gnarled trees without leaves, fungis growing in fairy circles, and some occasional flowers but in glaring reds and oranges and purples. Near one of the fountains, a white-haired girl with a sickle attached to her back, and a short-haired figure with gray hair leisurely lounged about. The girl with white longer hair was balancing along the edge of the fountain while the gray-haired one laid against a bench.

Upon seeing Corvus arrive, the white-haired girl perked up and jumped off the fountain.

"Oh, it's Mister Corvus!" Kari said. "Fie! Isn't that great news?"

"Wonderful," the latter said with rolling eyes.

Kari would skip towards him, like a little girl eager to see one of her heroes.

"Mister Corvus! We weren't expecting you today," she said in a sing-song voice. "Did the little miss ask for you? What has your recent adventure been like? Do tell!"

"Don't bother him, Kari," Fie grumbled as they straightened up in their bench. Corvus would see Fie holding onto their toothed sword. "I'm sure he has better business than to tell you tall tales."

"Buuu..."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:36 pm

A grin appeared on Corvus' face as Kari trotted up to him. He'd slowly gotten used to the other members of her court. They weren't ALL bad at least. "Good afternoon Kari." He said, regarding the girl with a smile. "I take it you've been well?"

He let out a small chuckle at Fie's words and shook his head. "I'm not much of a liar I'm afraid. The stories I tell are true. Fey's on the other hand."

"Are MUCH more interesting~" Fie would suddenly notice a small fairy up and plop herself down on her shoulder. "How's my favorite grump doing todaaayyy~?" She cooed, nuzzling the side of her cheek.

"I'm sure I have some time to swap stories." Corvus chuckled. "I'd like to hear how you're doing as well. You've been sent on a few adventures as well have you not?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:03 am