Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

4 posters

Red Like Roses [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Red Like Roses [Closed] Empty Red Like Roses [Closed]

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 am

Takes place after In The Works...

JOB REQUEST

Title: Save My Granddaughter!

Job Description: My granddaughter disappeared into the ruined Rossmalen Hold's catacombs in an attempt to research their books. It's been a day since she said she'd return. I would go myself but the moment I went there, I realized a necromancy cult had taken hold! I need someone to take care of the necromancers and find out if my granddaughter is alright. Please meet me at the pub (the only pub) in Shoffhen. I'll be wearing blue robes with yellow trimming. My name is Mihai Moldoveanu.

So, perhaps a lot of good things came out from the entire illusion bandits thing. For one, Fey was here (though "good" was a relative term in this case) and that meant another person who could help Tala and Hitomi with Operation: Save Eisleyn! In a little more nuance, Tala had to admit that she really missed Fey. She still didn't know how to feel about meeting part of her old crew, especially Fey who was with Corvus, but the fact Fey wasn't setting her on fire suggested maybe things weren't bad as she thought.

A second good thing (and this time not a relative term), Tala felt that what happened in the forest brought the two of them closer together. Tala would be lying if she said she didn't see Hitomi in an entirely new light. While she had already viewed Hitomi as a partner after the whole Frost Eater incident, she felt a new obligation to, well, take good care of her. She was more than a partner, she was a friend.

That said, despite all these good things, the group was still broke. Tala had put together that Fey was probably the one who took the money (she was the one casting illusions after all), but the problem was that the money was gone. Where did it go? Well, she wasn't sure even Fey knew considering how passed out she had been. Tala and Hitomi would just have to get more money with the jobs.

And that's what this was. They were heading to a pub in Shoffhen, basically the only real quest center in Eisleyn. It was far enough to be out of the princess' watchful eye, but it was civilized enough to, well, actually be capable of paying for stuff people needed help with. Tala often didn't feel bad about helping people for free, but their pockets were sore and they'd need supplies to ascend higher up into Eisleyn.

"You sure there's no way you can give us our money back?" Tala asked Fey skeptically. "Hitomi's been living off of champorado for several nights now and I'm starting to feel bad for her."

Tala's supply of rice was also running low. Also, she wanted to make sure Hitomi got proper nutrition! The fact she got easily cold suggested to Tala she wasn't getting enough sustenance to withstand the winter. Perhaps it was her motherly instincts kicking in, but Tala was paranoid that way.

The three would reach the pub, cheekily named The Frozen Peach, a wooden inn propped up on stands to stay above the snowfall. They would see several adventurers head in, suggesting they were at the right place.

Tala would look at Fey again worryingly. "Also, you maaay want to hide. We don't know if we have any witch hunters in there."

She'd also turn to Hitomi, a bit of concern on her face. "You ready to go on this? It's been getting colder recently."
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Red Like Roses [Closed] Empty Re: Red Like Roses [Closed]

Post by Sunnivale Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:47 am

Vidalia trudged her way through the thick snow in Eiselyn, everything was covered in snow and so it was hard for her to move through it. She needed to get to the pub that the woman has mentioned, Mihai I think she was called? She doesn't care, seeing as how she'll won't be around once the mission to save her granddaughter begins, she'll just need the info and she can leave to start finding her granddaughter.

Vidalia soon arrived at the pub and soon looked around for Mihai. She said she would be in certain robes. "Let's see... Let's see." Vidalia quickly saw robes that matched Mihai's description nearby.

"Aha, there she is!" Vidalia elegantly walked towards Mihai, but stopped when she realised that she wasn't going to go in this alone.

She gulped, but either way a mission is still a mission, and Vidalia would like to do it even if it means getting help.

"Hello, I am here to look for your missing granddaughter?" Vidalia approached Mihai.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:53 am

Hitomi had mixed feelings ever since their 'bandit' encounter. She was pretty pissed at Fey, THAT was certain. The little thing had stolen their money and transformed her into a small child. Because of that, Tala had been doting on her ever since. While, Hitomi didn't quite mind, sometimes it seemed like Tala looked at her like she was a child. She had to CONSTANTLY remind her that she was a woman...

Still, she trudged along, with her mask on it was much easier to deal with it all at least.

Fey on the other hand was having a GREAT time! It was good to see Tala again/mess with her new friend. She had ALL sorts of fun ideas she wanted to try when she got the chance~ "It's gone to a better cause, I'm afraid." I.E. The 'get Hana better' fund. "Besides, the rabbit luvs the stuff. You see her face whenever you bring it out?" She giggled as Hitomi tried to grab her out of the air. "Oi! Calm down there. Act like a child and you know what happens!" That was too valid of a thread for Hitomi. She slunk back, her head lowering.

"Aye, I'll hide for a bit." Fey grinned before suddenly zipping up to Hitomi's robes and disappearing inside. Tala would see Hitomi freeze and twitch a bit, shaking slightly. "AHAHA, looks like this one's ticklish too." Fey nestled herself in the robe before growing still, mostly for Hitomi's sake. The girl let out a long sigh and shook her head before nodding at Tala and continuing forward.

She missed when it was just her and Tala....
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:02 am

Tala barely noticed Hitomi and Fey fighting as her chest swelled with pride.

"Well, I mean, I am a pretty good chef with what I'm given!" she said raising her hands in admittance. "I make do with what I'm given so. Just call it a god-given talent."

Tala would totally ignore that she basically burned the rice last time and had to wash odd the burnt parts from the cast iron pot in the river bank. Sorry, fishes.

Tala did, however, get a hold of Fey jumping into Hitomi's shirt and tickling her.

"Fey, don't bully Hitomi," she scolded. She then smiled brightly. "If you behave, we can visit that tourist chocolatier shop in Lamiden and buy you all the goodies you want. We just need to make a quick buck first."

Tala would then look at Hitomi sheepishly.

"Err...sorry she can be difficult. I promise she's not always like this," she said.

Well, that was because when she wasn't like this, she was drunk.

Tala's glasses shone in the bit of light from above. It was hard to tell what she was thinking without her eyes being visible through her lenses, but her voice expressed sheepishness. Tala hadn't been wearing her glasses recently near Hitomi, but had decided she best keep them on for today. Much like her cloak, they served as what Tala felt like was emotional security for her- a small wall before her real self, if one will.

"A-anways, let's head inside."

The three would walk in just shortly after Vidalia had. There were about a handful of adventurers inside just enjoying a pint or rubbing their hands to get a little warmer before the trek upwards.

When the person Vidalia approached in robes turned around, she would see a woman with white hair and light blue eyes.

"Ah, yes, I am," she said frailly. She'd notice Hitomi and Tala coming up from behind Vidalia as well. "And I take it you two are also here for the quest."

Tala stiffened, surprised they had been spotted out so easily.

"A-ah, urm, yes!" she said. And then, a little more seriously, "H-how can we help?"

"Well, I think I explained myself in the job ad very well," she said. "My granddaughter went missing a couple of days ago and hasn't come back. I noticed some necromancers in the area, and I couldn't make myself known there. I'm mostly here to answer any questions you might all have. Do you have anything you need to know before you start the quest?"

Last edited by Lilac on Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 am

“She’s probably dead at this rate.” Vidalia thought before looking at Hitomi and Tala. They appear to be acting silly in this serious mission, but that’s not going to stop her. She turned back to the woman as she prepared her bow for the quest.

As for questions, Vidalia didn’t have any.

“I don’t have any questions. I think we are ready to rescue your granddaughter.” Vidalia reassured the Woman.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Fey would fall quiet for a few seconds before letting out a quick. "Deal!" She would settle down before suddenly snickering. "You know, I bet the little nyaff is reeeaallll jealous of ya." Hitomi idly glanced downwards, unsure of what Fey meant. No further explanation was given, leading Hitomi to simply shake her head and move forwards after Tala.

She made sure her mask was on well before entering the threshold. They made their way up to the woman and she began to speak.

Hitomi's eyes shifted to the side. There was another person on the quest? She met Vidalia's gaze, giving a small curt nod before her eyes swept across the room. This was a nice place..Well nicer than the woods they'd been spending most of their time in. As long as it didn't put others in danger, maybe they could stay for one night. Sharing a bed would certainly be more comfortable! Plus Tala wouldn't complain if she only wore her tunic too!

Win win win!!!

It was then Hitomi realized that she had completely missed everything the woman said. Quietly, she leaned forward, placing her chin over Tala's shoulder. Her hand titled her mask to the side slightly. Enough for Tala to see, but no one else. Tala would see an almost apologetic expression on her face. A look of - 'you got that right?'
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Vidalia had no questions, but Tala didn't share in it. Instead, as Hitomi placed her shoulder on Tala, she'd notice that Tala had her arms crossed and a serious expression on her face. Well, what could be seen of her face past the thick glasses.

"Can you tell me what the necromancers looked like?" she asked.

"Hm?"

The woman rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

"Well, they were in maroon hoods," she said. "A lot darker than yours, though the insides were pink. At least the ones of those I saw."

"Any masks?" she asked.

The woman shook her head.

"I didn't see any."

"How about their weapons? Did they have any ornate daggers, staves, ceremonial paraphernalia?"

At this, the woman reflected again.

"I think I saw something like one of them having a twisted dagger," she said. "One of them was waving it in the air. Is all this important?"

Tala nodded.

"Necromancers often come together in groups, and some groups are more known than others," Tala explained as she adjusted her glasses. "If they're part of a bigger cult, it could be more serious. That said, from what you described, their apparel doesn't seem to be associated with a bigger tribe so they might not have many reinforcements to worry about."

The woman sighed, somewhat relieved.

"You mentioned they were necromancers, was that because you saw them raise the dead?"

At this, Mihai nodded again.

"They had dug up a few of the graves scattered along the outside of the catacombs," she said. "About three or four skeletons."

"And how many necromancers did you see in total raise them?"

"I only saw one of them casting the spells," she said. "I'm afraid that's all I know though.

Tala nodded.

"That's fine," she said, giving her a smile. "From what you've told me, they seem like a ragtag bunch. We'll do our best to bring back your granddaughter."

The older woman smiled.

"You mean it? Oh, thank you. I wish you all the best of luck."

As the three headed out, Tala stretched her arms and looked at Hitomi and the new girl.

"I know where the Hold is. It's not too far from here," Tala said. "That said...hi!"

Tala would smile brightly and offer a hand to Vidalia.

"Tala Cassare," she said. "It's nice to be working with another person! This over here is my partner, Hitomi. You are?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:05 pm

It seems as though a ragtag bunch of necromancers have taken the woman’s granddaughter to the catacombs and judging by the fact that they dogged up a few graves outside of said catacombs, there going to bring some skeleton allies with them as well.

Vidalia looked at the other way.

“Regardless, we should not waste a minute now that we got information, come.” Vidalia said to Hitomi and Tala as she left the building, not even saying goodbye to the woman.

As they left the girls introduced themselves to Vidalia, who only shook the edge of Talas hand. “Just call me Vidalia, we’ll probably not meet each other again after this rescue is complete, so let’s just go and find this girl before a sword is placed into her chest.” Vidalia told the girls as she marched towards the direction of the catacombs.

She got her bow out to be prepared for any attacks of the necromaners, as she was planning to start a battle from them by taking out one of them from a far once they find them.

If they do that is.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Was Tala ignoring her?

Hitomi's cheeks puffed out as Tala just went and asked a bunch of questions. Hitomi stared hard at her the entire time, every now and then she'd shift her head, applying some pressure to the woman's shoulder. Still, no reaction. A small amount of irritation was welling up within her by the time they began to walk out.

Then...

Well then Tala decided to up and use her name. Hitomi visibly stiffened, her teeth grinding together. Her body moved before she realized what was happening. As Tala began to shake hands with Vidalia, she'd feel a sharp nip on the back of her neck. Hitomi had leaned over, shifted her mask and lightly bit against Tala's skin out of sheer irritation. Next, she'd push against Tala, and shift her arm over the woman's shoulder. A paper was there for Vidalia, something she'd scrawled at lightning speed shortly after Tala's blunder.

'She's wrong, I have no name. It's nice to meet you and I agree with your sentiment.''
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49 pm

"Oh! Vidalia! Pleasure to meet you!" Tala said while shaking her the tip of her hands. A bead of sweat trailed down her temple, though, as Vidalia bluntly responded and let go almost immediately, leaving Tala's arm dangling in the cold air.

Tala scratched her head sheepishly.

"W-well, I mean, you don't know that after all, there are a bunch of quests in this area and---AGHH!"

Tala screamed as a sharp quick bite made its way to her neck. She doubled over, grasping her neck as her legs dug into the snow. She'd see Hitomi reach a paper out to Vidalia, but the moment she was done, she'd look at Hitomi, tugging her sleeve like a child, and whine.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" she cried as she rubbed her neck. "A-and what did I say about biting me!?"

She'd then notice Vidalia continue walking. Once Hitomi was done responding, she'd pick up her pace so that she and Hitomi followed Vidalia's stride.

"H-hey, wait! W-we should talk skills!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm