Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

A Raven and a Swan [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: A Raven and a Swan [Closed]

Post by Lilac Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 am

Fie pouted and grunted as Fey continued hugging them.

"D-don't push your luck, pixie," they said gruffly, but they showed no resistance to the hug anymore. Fie would, however, shuffle the two of them so they were facing Kari and the others. Fey's eyes widened as they witnessed Kari tripping and breaking her leg.

"Kari!" Fie called out.

Solana was quick to start fixing her though. Kari gave Fie a small wave.

"It's okay, Fie! Solana will fix me!" she giggled. "Solana's the best at putting me back together after you after all."

Solana would manage piecing the shards piece by piece before reattaching Kari's leg whole. The cracks would glow and while there was a hairline crack still visible, it was good as sealed. Then Solana fixed her leg.

Kari looked at her hand and open and closed it. She beamed before wrapping her arms around Solana.

"Thank you, Nana~" she said. "And Fifi thanks you too!"

"I TOLD YOU TO NEVER CALL ME THAT!"

Kari giggled, but she also noticed Solana starting to look confused. Kari tilted her head.

"Solana?" she asked.

She'd place a hand on Solana's head. She couldn't feel the warmth, but could tell she was touching Solana's hair.

"Yes, Fifi is here, too! So is Mister Corvus and Fey!" she said brightly.

Still realizing that Solana was unsure, Kari would take Solana's hand, pressing her pale glass palm against Solana's tanned one.

"It's okay," she said, even softer. "It's real. This is real. We're right here. We won't go away, I promise!"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:27 am

"It would make me truly happy." Fey continued, definitely pressing her luck. Still, the moment would be ruined as Kari tripped, Fey glanced back wide eyed, a smile growing on her face as she saw Solana tending to her. Thank the gods. Now she could go back to hugging Fie~ Truth be told, she understood Solana's mentality. She wasn't about to overwhelm her here, especially when she looked so confused already. "Yer so comfyyyyy." Fey said, nuzzling against her once again. "I might just...nap here if...ya don't mind." It was already clear that Fey was starting to fall asleep while holding onto Fie.

The poor girl...

Solana on the other hand responded very well to Kari's attempts to ground her. The hug, the touching. It all brought her back rather quickly. She blinked hard and stared at Kari for a few moments. The clarity returned in her eyes for a moment and she smiled. Slowly her eye closed and she leaned against Kari, all the while still fixing the girl's leg. It was a testament to just how many things she could process at once at this point. Despite her work, she looked relaxed. "Thank the gods...Please keep being real for me..." She muttered. "You and Fifi...Both so fantastical...You make me feel..." Her eye fluttered open a few moments of silence, that clarity gone once more. "...Happy." It wasn't the word she was going to say, but its what came out. Next, she looked up at Corvus, her eye shining. "It's nice to meet you, Crow. I'm afraid I thought you didn't exist...You'll have to forgive me." She giggled, now finishing up Kari's leg.

Corvus didn't quite know what to do with this one. He knew about her family and what they had done...Truthfully he wanted to help her as well, but...Right now Hana took priority. Still, her illness was mental as well. Perhaps he'd find something that would solve both problems? "It's understandable. It's hard to believe a legend being real." He shifted, then suddenly chuckled. "I don't actually eat people in case you're worried."

"Oh...Shame." She muttered, looking back down at Kari with a smile. "Let's go on a mission together like you said. I wish to have many adventures with you and Fifi." She straightened up and looked at Fie. "Hello Fifi! I'll come over in a moment! My place currently resides with your sister!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:08 am

"H-hey, you can't possibly just nap while hugging--"

Fie stopped themselves short as they looked at Fey dozing off. Scowling with crossed arms, they glanced at Corvus.

"Do you have any idea how to get her off me?" they asked Corvus. "I can't do any of my work or training like this."

Meanwhile, Kari was beaming as Solana came into clarity. Her smile muted as Solana continued to speak, but she tried to keep a happy expression as Solana finished fixing her up. Once Solana did, Kari grinned once more.

"I'll always be real if it means you get to be happy, Nana!" Kari chirped. "And yes, we should go on a mission together with Fie. Isn't that right, Fie?"

"If you can get me out of this perpetual hug trap," Fie said brusquely.

Kari smiled before gingerly getting up. She stretched her leg and bent it back before twirling around.

"Oh, Nana! This is good as new!" she said. "You really are the best at this along with Fie! Now we can all have fun and games with Mister Corvus!"

"Uh...I don't think so," Fie said pointing upwards.

On one of the balconies, the group would see Eala leaning forward, dressed in a white, black, and violet dress decorated with swan feathers. As per usual, she wore a veil over her head fastened by a tiara, and her gloved fingers reached all the way to the mid part of her upper arm. She seemed to be observing the group from above lazily.

Kari perked up.

"Your Highness!" Kari called out while waving. "Your Highness, Your Highness! Do come down to play with us!"

Fie, meanwhile, finally broke out of their hug with Fey with relative force before stepping forward to where Kari was looking at Eala and then bowed politely.

"Your Highness!" Fie said with military demeanor. "Forgive us. We've been idle. We'll get back to training right away--"

"It's quite alright, my dear Fie," Eala called from above.

Despite being all the way up and her voice sounding soft, she was oddly audible. The princess tilted her head.

"My business is with none of you at the moment. I do believe I sent for a certain crow and dragonfly to retrieve information and I've yet to see them perch upon my window sill."

Kari and Fie would turn to Corvus and Fey.

"Mr. Corvus, Fey, please meet me upstairs," she said matter-of-factly. "Don't trail any snow in, now."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:03 pm

"Well, I don't want to just GIVE you the answer." Corvus smirked towards Fie. Fey was having fun, he'd honestly hate to ruin it. "Just think about what any fair maiden would want after falling asleep in their lovers' arms." He explained matter of factly. "Or, at least that's how Fey is viewing it."

Solana gave a happy smile at Kari's words, quickly pulling her into a tight hug of her own. "Oh Riri...I wish I could always see you like this." She didn't explain what she meant any further as they both stood. She was, honestly excited for these games.

Before they could begin, though, Eala appeared above them. Solana quickly bowed while Corvus looked up at her with an amused expression. Fey offered no resistance as Fie up and tossed her off. She landed on the ground with a heavy thud, her legs shooting into the air for a moment, before plopping back down hard on the ground. She didn't move past that. Funnily enough, her head was tilted right in the direction of Eala, her eyes shining as she silently watched the girl.

If either of them had a retort, they kept it to themselves. Corvus smiled, reaching out a hand and patting Kari's head once again, he'd walk over and do the same to Fie if she'd let him. "We can play, or train, in a bit. This shouldn't take long at all." He grinned at the two, he turned to speak to Solana as well, but her wide eyes were staring straight up towards Eala herself. For the moment, her attention was completely absorbed by the Princess. From previous experiences, it was something she often had to be shaken out of.

Corvus...elected not to try his luck today. "I'll be back soon." He grinned once more before spinning on heel and walking out of the courtyard. Fey, on the other hand, lay in the snow for just a couple seconds longer. She slowly pushed herself up, gave a deep frown to Fie, and quickly ran after Corvus.

It wouldn't take them long to get to Eala's chambers. Despite seeming to take the stairs, the both would appear in the window sill once more.

A joke that was quickly becoming a habit.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 am

Kari would make a small wave as Corvus vanished with Fey, while Fie let out what seemed to be a disgruntled sigh of relief.

"I am never going to get used to that," Fie grumbled to themselves.

"On the contrary, you stopped fighting earlier than you did last time," Kari teased.

Fie's eyes widened and gritted their teeth.

"Sh-shut up!"

Kari, however, had gone back to hugging Solana. "Oh, Nana...I'll do my best so it is so!" she said. "Even if it means making sure I'm hugging you forever!"

Fie sighed.

"Why is everyone here so obsessed with hugging?"

When Corvus and Fey emerged in Eala's chambers, she'd be fully dressed in her white gown, and long white boots trimmed with maroon. A veil, as per usual, covered her head and was fastned by her tiara. The two would find her lounging on a deep red chaise.

"Ah, you're here," she said in her typical dull tone. "I was wondering what was taking so long. You two must have really taken a liking to my other helpers, hm?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:20 am

"Thank you.." Solana muttered, hugging the girl back and closing her eyes. "That too, sounds nice, I think." Her smile grew softer, but briefly, she once again seemed more present. At Fie's words, Solana opened her eyes and tilted her head. "We don't have to hug Fifi...but I'd like to hold your hand at least." She reached out her hand towards the girl, her eye shining, almost trying to will the girl closer.

"Pleeeeaaasssseee?"

--

"I hope that's not a problem." Corvus remarked, moving away from the sill and towards Eala. "I do apologize for keeping you waiting." Fey on the other hand was looking QUITE bashful, staying on the windowsill, her eyes only being able to focus on Eala for a few moments at a time. "It's very good tae see ya again.." She took a small breath to steady herself before fluttering forwards once again. She would try to take Eala's hand once again, planting a small kiss on the back. "I see yer radiance hasn't dimmed in our absence." She grinned widely from her kneeling position, despite the blush on her face. "Did ya miss me?"

Corvus just gave a small shake of his head. "Shall we begin?" Fey shot a harsh look, but all Corvus gave back was a smirk. Honestly, if she wanted to flirt with Eala so badly, she should keep him out of the room when she did it.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:59 am

Fie gave Solana a sideways glance before begrudgingly raising one of their gloved hands.

"I guess I don't dislike holding hands..." Fie grumbled.

The short-haired twin sighed and grasped Solana's hand. Despite the irritated expression on their face, Fie's grasp was gentle but firm. Solana would even feel their thumb rub reassuringly against her palm.

"You don't have to worry about us not being real," Fie murmured. "We're the princess' servants. If any of us were lost, we'd be failing her.

Kari meanwhile remained in Solana's embrace, letting out a small sigh.

"You know, we should do this more often during our breaks," Kari remarked. "It's really fun."

Fie rolled their eyes.

Eala's expression didn't change when Fey drew closer and showed her affection. She did, however, trace a finger affectionately against Fey's small face, like stroking a small pet or bird in amusement.

"Ah, I only miss people when they're late to arrive," she remarked matter-of-factly. "Which indeed you are. Please don't fail me on that regard again."

Her tone came off as cold towards the end and she'd swiftly retreat her hand in order to stand up and move over to a nearby desk.

"As for business," she mentioned. "I've gotten word about your success as the Rosenthal hold. Good. The last of those necromancers should be scattered now. Just a few more and the country will be rid of them."

She took a parchment and placed it in an envelope with a stamp and seal. She'd walk over to Corvus and hand it.

"Your credit," she said. "The price as agreed upon. And, if you'd like, we can start discussing the next required tasks. That is...if you're up for it."

Eala would arch an eyebrow and reveal a small smirk.

"It'd be so easy to just keep things as they are wouldn't it?" she said. "An easy supply of money to deal with little pests for me. But you want more, I'm guessing? More than money can buy. Perhaps we can discuss what form of 'payment' you two would like as well?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:45 am

Solana could only beam at the two as they complied. They were here...They were both real. Nothing made her happier. At Fie's words, Solana tilted her head, squishing her face lightly against Kari's. "Silly, You're always real for our dear Princess." She giggled, squeezing her hand lightly. "But there are many liars around me. Many fakes. Pieces all around. Many Fifis and Karis. They cannot touch, though. So here I know I am safe from lies, I think."

Suddenly, she'd perk up and beam at the two. "Since I'm safe! Let us play a game! Or train! The lights are bright and the music is playing! We can do as we please!" She chirped, a giddy laugh escaping her lips and she began to stand. "Do not stray far! As liars are always around corners!"

--

Fey's eyes fluttered closed, her head moving slightly against the Princesses' hand as she was pet. Again, when her eyes opened, Eala could see hearts floating around in her yellow iris'. They all popped simultaneously as they were both scolded for their tardiness and Eala subsequently pulled away. "Oh dear Princess, we meant no offense!" She rose, a deep frown taking her features.

"As I see it, we were well ahead of schedule. Stalling a bit to speak with others surely isn't too great a sin?" Corvus wasn't having any of this. Eala was an interesting ruler to say the least, but he wasn't going to let her, or anyone for that matter, do and say as they pleased....At the same time she WAS royalty. "...I apologize, I spoke out of turn. Next time we will come here first and foremost."

Corvus took the envelope gingerly, inspecting it for a moment before pocketing it into his vest. At Eala's offer, Corvus' eyes flashed. He knew things would lead to this eventually. While saving up money was ALWAYS on his mind, he DID need more. Especially with Hana missing...Fey, on the other hand, already knew what Corvus was going to ask for. She had her own goals (in addition to his), but HER plan would help everything!

"I-I'd like your hand in marriage!" She squeaked out, leaning forward. She didn't approach Eala this time though, seeming to have to stand her ground. "I just want the chance to try at least!" Corvus' eyes narrowed and he took a step forward, only to be stopped by a pretty intense glare from Fey.

This was....troublesome.

"I'd be better than any of the idiots that have tried so far. Centuries of wisdom, knowledge and experience!" She took a breath and placed a hand on her chest. "And I'd love you and cherish you far more than some stuffy old man."

Corvus clenched his teeth and crossed his arms, but said nothing. He, honestly didn't see something like THIS coming. Fey was...a romantic at heart, and threw around the word marriage like it was going out of style...Still, this seemed to be a very serious proposal. The hell was she thinking?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:48 am

Kari's smile would break ever so briefly as Solana mentioned her hallucinations. A hard crystal hand would pet Solana once more, feeling like porcelain against the red-haired girl's scalp. She perked up, however, when Solana mentioned playing and training.

"Ooh, playing sounds like fun!" Kari said brightly. "It's been awhile since we played games. Right, Fie?"

Fie scowled, but neither let go of Solana's hand nor verbalized any protest.

Kari clasped her hands together.

"Right! What game do you want to play, Nana? Hide-and-seek? Tag? Or maybe a fun little one-on-two battle?"

When Corvus spoke up and then apologized, Eala merely gave him a brief glance. Her gloved hand waved dismissively.

"Your apology is heard," she said plainly.

She moved back to the desk again, but stopped when Fey expressed her desire for Eala's hand in marriage. Eala tilted her head lazily.

"Oh?"

She'd turn around slowly, her arms crossed as Fey explained herself and that she wanted a shot. Right after she spoke, the two would be met with dead silence. Eala's purple eyes stared at them, hollow and not showing a shed of emotion. Finally, she closed her eyes and exhaled.

"Dear Fey, you do know my rules for those who wish to seek my hand, do you not?" she asked plainly. "And you do know that those who fail to meet the requirements meet death, do you not?"

She tilted her head.

"And if by some strange means I had the capability to erase your existence after your thousands of years of living, hence making your death plausible, should you fail this task, you understand it will indeed happen, right?"

As she spoke the last words, both Fey and Corvus would sense some disturbance in the girl's eyes. Her pupils almost seemed to turn into pinpoints and the color of her irises went murky. They almost looked like glass doll eyes. Her voice, too, was monotone, and yet they held a sharpness to it. And there was the tiniest smile on her lips.

"Do you not fear death, sweet, dear, amiable Fey?" she asked.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:44 pm

"Heee." Solana giggled as she was pet. It was an odd feeling, but she loved it all the same.

Kari then began to talk of games and battles, leading Solana to tilt her head in thought. "Fifi likes to train, Riri likes play. Hmmm..." She tilted her head the other way, her eye closing in thought. Suddenly, an idea struck her. "A battle but with game rules?" She suggested. "Trying to restrain me while I cast spells to keep you away? Training control for me and speed for you both?" She tilted her head a third time. "It will be hard for me to not run into your open arms though." She let out a lighthearted giggle, pressing her cheek against Kari's once again.

--

A grave expression slowly made its way onto Corvus' face as Fey and Eala spoke. There was something truly deadly about the princess. A madness he heard about. He wasn't sure how true it was, or whether she was simply leaning into it or not. Either way, he held a firm belief that she would keep to the rules of her game and kill Fey if she failed. Fey had pretty good survival instincts, but she was acting differently as of late. The game was rigged, he figured that much. Fey might be hoping to read her mind for the answer, but it was never that simple. He wished she'd told him of her plans before jumping in like this. The hell was she thinking?

"Of course I'm afraid o' death." Fey said simply, her confidence seeming to waver for a moment. It was back within seconds, though. "My life is precious, I only risk it fer somethin', or someone, just as precious tae me." She swallowed hard and planted her hands on her hips. "I'd rather not play some game tae win your affections, but if that's what ya desire, I will oblige." Then, Fey moved forward once more, attempting to take Eala's hands in hers once again. "I want tae be yours in more than just servitude. I want a chance at that, and I'll risk it all if you'll let me." After a moment, she let out a shaky sigh. "But I'm not selfish either. I won't force ya if I'm not suitable...Or if I don't suit yer tastes."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am