Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Little Princess [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Little Princess [Closed] - Page 8 Empty Re: The Little Princess [Closed]

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Rory looked to the side hesitantly.

"Well, I didn't think it was any of your own concern," she said. "But if you must know, one of the Havens was found out by Expiate officers. About twenty people got arrested, and we're worried some might break out where the other Havens are located if it means them getting shorter sentences. But that said, Valen is right, going with him is dangerous!"

When Valen asked about Rory being good to her, Remi wavered slightly.

"She has...everyone has..." she said. She quickly turned though. "But I want to find my Mama. I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of hoping she's okay. I want to be the one to find her! Besides, Rory wouldn't be able to stay with me. I'd be stuck alone at the Havens with no one watching at this rate. If we're talking about these raids, I'm safer with someone who can fight monsters than no one who when Expiate officers come around right?"

"Remi..."

But Remi insisted and stared hard at Valen.

"There's gotta be some way I can prove to you that I can handle it."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Valen averted his eyes to the side with a deep frown before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Fine. If you're that stubborn about it, I'll give you a test."

Valen stood up and stepped five paces back.

"We'll have a game of tag with you it," Valen stated plainly. "We keep it to inside this cabin and if you win, you can come along. Got it?"

Valen crossed his arms and stood waiting.

"Ready,set,go" he suddenly announced without waiting for a response.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:40 pm

"Tag?" both Rory and Remi said when Valen proposed a test.

However, as soon as he started counting, Remi clutched her hands and got into a readied stance.

"Okay, I'll do it!" she said. "But I warn you that I'm pretty fast!"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:44 pm

"Then you best try your best," Valen said, standing right where he was with his arms crossed.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Remi was a little surprised that Valen was just standing in place, but she wasn't about to take no as an answer. She quickly stepped forward and tried to grab at his cape.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:53 pm

Without moving an inch, Valen just stood there as Remi made a grab at him and clutched his clothes. However, the warlock's expression didn't so much as flinch as he looked down at the girl.

"I didn't say you were supposed to catch me."

Then a dark mass rose behind Valen, stretching against the wall before zipping away and darting about, running along the walls, moving behind jars, under chairs, peeking out from behind cabinets, all the while snickering.

"Oh I just LOVE a game of tag," Fable cackled gleefully. "This is how me and the old boy met y'know? Now try and catch me little girl~!"

*clunk*

Remi would feel the cloth going limp with a hard thunk, turning to find it owner having left it. While the child was distracted by Fable, Valen slipped out of his coat and was heading towards the couches.

"Right. You have until sunrise. Try not to hurt yourself."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:07 pm

"Not you?" she asked.

Remi's eyes widened as Fable started zipping about the house. She then quickly turned to the coat as it fell from Valen and noticed him walking to the couch. With puffed cheeks, she'd rush to the kitchen to where Fable was and try looking as to where he was going next.

Rory meanwhile could only stare. She eventually, however, made her way to the armchair across Valen with crossed arms.

"Well, I guess this would get her tired enough to sleep," she said. "Not like she can win against that thing."

"Yes I will!" she called out from the kitchen.

Rory sighed.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:35 pm

"She's stubborn, I'll give her that," Valen said, his arms crossed and his head bowed. "But Fable was being modest when he said evasion was his specialty. Without magic, you can't hold down a literal shadow."

Valen sighed and leaned back.

"But there's too many things outside of this cabin. You'd need to be fast and clever if you want to find a good ending. This may be harsh, but this'll teach her how overwhelmed she'll only end up being..."

"What's wrong little one? Ready for your nap?" Fable cackled, stretching up as a shadow against the wall, waving its arms invitingly. "Come on~ I'm right here!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm

Remi's face flushed when Fable teased her about her nap. At this, she lunged forward trying to slap her hands on the wall and touch Fable straight in the chest.

Rory meanwhile just looked on with her arms and legs crossed.

"I guess that'd be one way to discourage her," Rory muttered. "Just don't make her cry over this."

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:03 pm

"She'll get over it once she understands how hopeless it is," Valen said. "Me and Fable will quietly leave and be on our way. The girl will be safer here."

Fable did not seemingly move from his spot, but when Remi would look, she'd find the shadows parted in empty circles where her hands are.

"Oh, you're gonna grow up to be a feisty one," Fable cackled, slithering down into the floor. When Remi would turn around, she'd find a black copy of herself standing five feet away, rocking on its heels playfully. "I'm solid like this, see? However~"

When Remi would try to pursue Fable, he'd fall into the floor as if spontaneously melting, then dart about the kitchen.

"Did you know that a person's shadow is always smarter than them? That's because the shadows are always patiently watching~"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm