Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Little Princess [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Little Princess [Closed] - Page 7 Empty Re: The Little Princess [Closed]

Post by Lilac Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 am

"E-eeehh??" Rory yelped at Valen and Fable's sudden teasing.

With her face red and her cheeks puffed, she was half-tempted to throw the bouquet at the two. However, Valen mentioned that Liseran was, indeed, grounded. Rory sighed in relief.

"I guess that's better than her being imprisoned or dead," she said with a sigh. "That said, if Liseran's absent, Remi's not going to have anyone to really stay by her side. I normally would, but I'm often sent out to do stuff."

Rory sadly looked towards the bedroom to which Remi was sleeping. The door was opened, so she could keep a decent eye on her from below.

She turned back to Valen.

"Are you doing anything important for the next few weeks?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:31 am

Before Rory could continue, Valen would a hand to stop her.

"Hold on right there," Valen said blankly, "Earlier this evening you seldom trusted me while at knifepoint and now you want me to be a guardian? Besides, I'm a traveler constantly on the move. On top of that, one wrong step and I'll have hounds at my heels. That's no lifestyle for a young girl to take part in."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Rory faltered when Valen pointed out her inconsistencies, but she was quick to scowl and cross her arms.

"Th-that's not what I meant!" she said indignantly. "It's not like I would make her go on travels with you like an idiot!"

She let out a sigh.

"I was hoping to just get someone to keep guard her until Liseran gets away from her relatives," she said huffily. "You keep boasting about your stealth skills, maybe you can get her out of her estate for her in the next couple of days?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 pm

"Unlikely. She's being transported to Janwynne tomorrow morning," Valen stated nonchalantly, turning his back to Rory. "Do you have any tea bags?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:41 am

"Janwynne?" Rory said, her eyebrows raising. "I guess that is troublesome. I guess I'll just have to trust Ren behaving in the Haven. She won't like it, but since we know where Lise is, then she can expect her back in a couple of weeks--if Lise doesn't misbehave."

When Valen mentioned tea bags, Rory absentmindedly pointed to the cupboard with the tea sets.

"It should be in a jar over there," she mumbled. And then, as if coming to an epiphany. "That's it! Tea! Will!"

Rory pointed to Valen.

"Do you think you can rendesvous with the Chief Commander's second-in-command?"

The question was by every mean bizzarre given the implications.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:23 am

"I don't even know who that is," Valen deadpanned as he helped himself to a bag and started up the kettle. "For that matter, is it normal for you people to shove people in front of a barrel? What are you even planning anyway? For your information, I'm not an assassin despite how I look."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:02 am

Rory puffed her cheeks at the barrel remark, but ignored it. Instead, she walked over to him.

"I wasn't going to ask that," she said. "I'm a rebel not someone who hires murderers. The person I'm talking about is an ally of ours. He's directly under the Chief Commander and he's Liseran's...err..brother."

She crossed her arms an swayed impatiently as Valen started to preparing tea.

"Maybe if you can tell him we need Liseran, he can persuade her father to...nah, I guess it wouldn't work," she said sighing. "Rory's just going to have to deal with being alone."

She looked at the tea and then at Valen, scowling.

"Why do you need tea this late at night?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:11 am

"It's relaxing after narrowly avoiding a witch trial," Valen deadpanned. "In any case, I don't know the details, but Liseran has gotten herself into some trouble. Regardless, she's only being moved somewhere for her safety, whatever that means, so nothing's particularly urgent."

Valen sipped his tea thoughtfully and let out a sigh.

"This'll keep me well until I get to the next town." Valen sighed. "Alright."

Setting down an empty cup, he started back towards the door.

"Liseran's condition has been determined and she's not in any immediate danger. The young one will be kept safe. There's no business left so I'll be going. Thank you for the meal and the tea."

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Rory was a little surprised at Valen's sudden exit, but she decided to say nothing. No point in stopping a stranger from doing anything. It was probably for the best anyway.

However, just as he was about to head out the door, another voice from above called.

"Wait!"

From the second floor balcony, Remi was standing and looking down at Valen. She hurriedly rushed down and rushed to his side, clutching onto the fabric of his cape.

"If you're going, take me with you!" Remi said.

"Remi, you are not going with this man!" Rory chided. "It's too dangerous and I don't even know if we can trust him!"

"Well I know I can!" Remi said indignantly. "Every time Valen's found me he's done nothing but been kind to me. He's saved me twice now! And I don't see why I should go back if I'm just going to be alone. Especially when you guys say there's been a raid!"

Hearing the last line, Remi's eyes opened in surprise.

"Wait, how do you even--"

Remi frowned and looked away.

"Everyone talks very loudly when they're afraid," she said. "With you on missions and Liseran away, I think Valen's my best bet."

Remi looked at Valen imploringly, her eyes getting wider as she did.

"Please take me with you," she said. "I'll learn how to fight if I have to. I'll make sure not to bother you, and you don't have to buy me sweets to get me to keep quiet. Please...?"

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Valen stared down at Remi with a disgruntled look before glancing up at Rory.

"You didn't say anything about a raid..." Valen muttered, but he closed his eyes and didn't seem to pursue the matter before moving his attention back to Remi. "What I do is very hard and dangerous, little one. It's no place for a little girl."

Valen knelt down to eye-level with Remi.

"The people here can keep you safe. Miss Rory has been good to you, hasn't she?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:53 pm