Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] Empty Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:20 am

It has been almost a month passing since Valen had last visited the Aldmerrow capital. His small trip backwards back then had caused the trail he was following to go cold and he had since ended up in a dead end. He decided to come back, if only to check up on the little one. He also thought perhaps the hidden witch community would have something he can go on.

It was the dead of night once again. Valen managed to find the cabin again. He was sure Remi wasn't here anymore, but he suspected Rory or someone else would be. He tapped the door with his knuckle twice and waited for a response.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:10 am

When Valen opened the door, he'd instantly hear a gasp and feel something tackle his lower legs.

"Valen!" Remi's voice beamed.

If Valen looked below, Remi was hugging his legs tightly. She was dressed in new clothes, a simple blue dress over a white collared shirt and a pair of boots. Her hair was shorter now, as well, now only going past her shoulders rather than past her waist.

Remi's bright blue eyes shone.

"It's been forever! Where have you been?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 am

"Ugh!"

Valen was caught surprised as the little girl grabbed his legs. He looked down and stared at Remi, his brow raised alertedly.

"Remi? Why aren't you at the haven?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:03 am

It took a while for Remi to respond as she began nuzzling against Valen's leg like an excited puppy. She seemed in a definite good mood today. She then looked up.

"Well, Liseran said to stay here!" she said. "So I'm here instead of the Haven. I don't know why though. Come inside!"

Remi would take Valen's hand and guide him inside. In contrast to last time, the cabin was fully lit. The hearth was on and so were the other wall lights. In addition to this, Valen would hear bustling in the kitchen area. As Remi closed the door, scattering feet would rush into the living room.

"Remi, what did I say about opening the door?" a familiar voice scolded.

Valen would see Liseran, dressed different for the occasion. She wore a simple purple dress with puffed sleeves, but a closed end and lacking any print. She wore a simple apron over it and judging by the stains on the apron, she appeared to have been cooking.

Liseran stiffened upon seeing Valen.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in surprise.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:30 am

"I could ask the same of you," Valen retorted. The man gave Liseran a quick once over. "Nice dress. Weren't you grounded?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:01 am

When Valen remarked on her clothes, red spread across Liseran's face and her cheeks huffed.

"I-it's just a simple work dress!" she said pouting. "A-and what are you even talking about grounded?"

Remi would move over to Liseran and tug on her dress.

"Can Valen stay for dinner, Lise? Hm?" Remi asked excitedly.

She then turned to Valen and felt that something as off.

"Wait, is it just you? Where's Fable?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 am

Valen blinked and looked at the ground below his feet. "Good question. You've been oddly silent, aren't you?"

"Hmph!"

The black shadow slithered across the ground and stretched across the wall, looking like the silhouette of Valen with his back turned to them.... or maybe his arms were just crossed?

"If I'd known the CHEATER was here, I'd have demanded we went to another town," Fable huffed defiantly. Then the shadow's head shifted like it was turning and...

"Bleeeeeh!"

Was he sticking out his tongue?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:46 am

Remi smiled sheepishly as she heard Fable's voice echo and hunched down by the shadow.

"You're still mad about that, huh?" she said. "Would you feel better if I give you grilled sausages? Liseran cooked a lot!"

"Mad about what?" Liseran asked tilting her head.

At this, Remi's eyes widened and her smile faded.

"Ooh...nothing! Fable and I played a game and he lost last time, is all!" she said. "A-anyways, why don't we go all eat!?"

Remi hurried into the dining area. Liseran arched an eyebrow not sure about what to make of Remi's comment before going over to Valen. She was frowning with her hands clasped together politely.

"Well, you're already here so I suppose I should make do," she said. Once Remi was out of sight, she asked in a lower voice. "Were there any leads on your part?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:09 am

"I didn't lose!" Fable exclaimed, raising its arms up and shaking its fists vehemently. "I am the king of tag, hide and go seek, and pattycake! No one can beat me when I put my mind to it!"

Well Fable was occupying Remi, Valen leaned down to Liseran's eye-level and murmured "I believe I was tracking her but ended up losing her trail. I think she's heading north or north-east. I don't know why though."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:28 am

Remi merely stuck her tongue out at Fable and started setting the table. Meanwhile, Liseran's eyebrows furrowed.

"Northeast...that's odd indeed. That's basically Saoirse," she said. "But I'll share the info along to look for her. Luckily, Ren's been pretty distracted with learning magic. She said you were willing to let her go with you."

Liseran was suddenly scowling and crossing her arms at Valen like an upset wife. She then sighed.

"Anyways, feel comfortable," she said.

When Valen eventually entered the kitchen where a table had been set. A roast bird and some seared meat had been plated, as had vegetables and mashed potatoes. A pitcher stood ready with water. When Liseran went to light the candles, Remi raised her hand.

"No, let me!" Remi said. And then looking at Valen, "Valen, look what I can do!"

Remi would raise a hand while tapping at an amulet on her neck and raised the marks for "faint" and "fire" and sent a small wisp of light at the candle. It started glowing.

"Liseran's been teaching me lots! I'm sure I can go with you on an adventure in no time!"

At this, Liseran almost did a spit take and downed her water quickly, coughing as she did.

"R-Remi, you're not going anywhere!" Liseran scolded.

"But Valen said I could! Didn't you, Valen? You made a promise!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm