Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

House of Memories [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

House of Memories [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: House of Memories [Closed]

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 am

"A porch doesn't sound too cozy," Remi said. She then giggled. "Why a porch though? Don't you want to sleep in bed? Porches are for cats, silly!"

She'd take Valen's hand and grasp it.

"Anyways, just come with me. Maybe you'll find a bedroom you like!" she said.

Remi would drag him along and would point to the first door.

"Let's try this one first!"

The room would open up to a large bedroom with a wide canopy bed. It was a powder blue room with a desk and study as well as an armoire. There was a window peeking outside and paintings about.

"Oooh! Light blue!" Remi said as she ran to the bed. She jumped in and almos sank in. "This is so sooooft!"

She then got up, laughing as she did. She then started jumping on the bed.

"It's bouncy too! Valen, join me! It's super fun!"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:28 am

"That's fine, Remi," Valen said with a bemused smile. "Adults lose the right to jump on beds. But you enjoy yourself. Maybe you and Liseran can stay in this room."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:28 am

Remi rolled over to face Valen properly.

"You don't want to join us?" she asked candidly. "Wouldn't it be fun if we all slept in the same bed together?"

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:01 am

"Maybe," Valen answered bluntly. "But Liseran probably wouldn't appreciate it."

Valen turned and went back into the hallway to explore the rest of the house. He had nowhere in mind and allowed the exploration itself to take him wherever it deemed.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:31 am

Remi turned her head as she watched Valen walk out, but decided on not following. Instead, her eyes closed and she just relished the soft bed. As he made his ways in the empty hallways, he'd notice Liseran walking again towards one bedroom with a book in hand, but the moment he'd try to step in her direction, a gloved hand would wrap around him.

"Sooooo, let's get to business, shall we?" Claudia's firm voice would say as her arm hung around him like an old pal.

Where had she come from? Had she always been there?

When he faced her, he'd notice her eyes were narrowed and that she had a fist clenched a tad too threateningly. She'd give him a pat on the back and gesture for him to follow her.

"I want to brief you in on where I need investigations to take place," she said. "There's a farm just downhill from here. A person there was a witness to an attack in the townsquare. Lots of blood. Lots of cuts. But something feels fishy about it."

She had her arms crossed and then turned to him.

"But first you need to look the part of a person from around here," she said. "If you're dressed as an adventurer, people would give you a look and be more hesitant about telling you things. How's your stealth and undercover skills?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:24 am

"I had a drink and lengthy chat with an Expiate commander who still thinks my name is Jack," Valen stated. "So you tell me."

Valen slipped off his coat and hung it over his arm while he pulled off his gauntlet. Underneath he was wearing a vest and shirt with cotton britches. Aside was the road dirt and the tears at the hem of his pant legs he actually looked like a functioning member of society.

"I'll just pose as a servant of the house," Valen stated, giving his best curtsy, hand to his heart and his head lowered till it was lower than Claudia's. "You said there was a farm you'd like some fresh eggs and milk from, milady?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:00 am

Claudia smirked at Valen's delivery.

"Alright, alright, I get it," she said. "Though, since we don't have servants in this house, you might as well do this grocery list."

Claudia would pat a piece of paper with written items on Valen's chest.

"Best of luck to you, kid!" she said. "Be back before sundown, yeh?"

Before Valen could even blink, she had vanished.

Looking at the list, Valen would see a bunch of ingredients he'd easily be able to avail at the market. There was also a denar note that seemed to serve as credit.

As Valen would head out, he'd notice Liseran at the door, donning her blue cloak and looking around warily before trying to step out.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 am

Valen looked down at the imprompt grocery list and sighed. How did he end up actually becoming a servant to the house? Ah well, fetching provisions is nothing difficult. He set off, tucking the list inside his vest pocket. On his way out though, he spotted Liseran who looked to be heading out herself. Valen noticed that she was acting evasive but didn't know what to make of it.

"Is there something you'd like at the market, milady?" Valen said with his best curtsy.

So obviously he had to tease her a little.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 am

Liseran flinched at Valen's voice, and upon seeing him, would scowl.

"Do you always have to sneak up on people before talking to them?" she said with a frown. "Also you look...strange without a cape, but I'm not complaining."

Liseran fastened her cloak with her white bow and then double-checked the bells at her side.

"I'm going down to the town square, is all," she said. "I'm tired of being cooped up. I was hoping you were going to stay to watch Remi and--"

"Heeey, where are you two going?" a voice called out from behind.

The two would see a rather cross Remi with her hands on her hips.

"You guys weren't leaving without me, were you?"

"E-eh? N-no, it's not like that! Valen's supposed to stay with you and--"

But Remi instantly went forward and hugged Liseran's legs.

"Can I come with you guys? Please please please?" she said. "I'm done exploring and it's so boring here."

Liseran looked at Valen, as if pleading for help.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:01 am

Valen stared blankly at Liseran's pleading eyes for some time before he took a knee to get to Remi's level, patting her head.

"Now now, why don't you stay here and keep Miss. Claudia company?" Valen said. "The two of us are going on a passionate date. Right?"

Valen looked up at Liseran with what looked like a soft smile to Remi but to Liseran most likely read "Bwahahaha, now what?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am