A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu]

Silverion

Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu]

Post by Silverion on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 pm

An echo filled the air. It was the echo of footsteps, quite heavy footsteps, almost as if the boots which produced them bore a heavy weight in their step. It wasn't an incorrect assumption, as the source of the noise was a young woman, looking rather worn from her trips. And while she did feel a little bit tired due to the nonstop walk she partook on that day ever since she woke up, it was practically something she was used to at this point.

The woman was none other than Kassandra Yoxall, a wandering Walpurgis seeking to rid herself of the curse she inflicted upon herself time ago. Her words were rather hasty, rather desperate, 'I want the power to protect my loved ones'. And it was such words which caused her self to be shackled by a mysterious Incantus, one which took a particular sense on glee in forming the contract, and using her body as a vessel to cause suffering upon men. Any sense of victory was erased from her character as she realized that she was now a husk, condemned to carry the weight of an Incantus wherever she goes.

Thus was the purpose of her journey, to find a way to erase her contract, return to her human self, and vanquish her Incantus in one fell swoop. The methods presented by the Expiate weren't perfect, and given the situation she was present, she couldn't afford something less than perfect, as she knew that either she would suffer from a faulty ritual, or the last person she holds dear to would suffer in her stead. The Incantus loved reminding her of that, it make her azure eye almost vibrate in anger.

As of this moment, the afternoon sun still reigned upon the land, far away from noon, but still not close to evening. Walking up a mound, she was able to get a good view of the landscape ahead of her, and noticed how the city of Estermount was visible in the distance. A quick judgement of the distance between her and the city revealed that it might take her an hour or so to reach the city on foot, perhaps the sky would begin painting itself orange by the time she sets foot on the main streets.

The navy blue cloak that hid her entire figure, outside of her head, gently waved thanks to the breeze, as Kassandra pondered whether to seek refuge there for the rest of the day, or continue her way once she reached it. "..." And after a brief consideration, she thought it would be best to first reach the city, then figure out what to do next. A solid plan, she thought to herself, as she carefully walked down the mound, and continued her way on the firm, leveled ground. She heard the taverns in Estermount weren't that bad, maybe she can visit one of them?
    Lilac
    Admin

Re: Vestigial Self [Closed - Miharu]

Post by Lilac on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 pm

In the narrow and serpentine alleys of Estermount, a figure in a deep blue violet cloak ran for her life.

"Dammit....dammit!"

Liseran was at her wit's end. She had expected Mephistopheles to put up a fight, but what she hadn't expected was him being able to counter the one thing she had considered her trump card.

[color:090b= gray]"Come, now, Lisey, did you really think after all our years together I wouldn't be able to put up a fight or two?" a low and smug voice said from above her.

Looking up to the rooftops, she could see the silhouette of a large black cat chasing after her, a dark shadow she could not break free from. Liseran stopped running and pulled out one part of Weeping Cerinthe, waving it until it made a smooth and high-pitched chime. As she did, a mark of ice was cast forth and a large shard of it shot towards the Incantus.

Mephistopheles' form dissipated into a thin wisp of smoke only to appear on the ground, once again in the shape of a panther riddled with gold markings along its fur and forehead. His eyes glowed brightly.

"Come on, Liseran. I don't want to fight," he said.

Liseran tried to wave her bell, but her hand was met with a sharp whip of Mephistopheles' tail. The bell clattered to the ground.

"Don't be difficult!" the Incantus said, its calm voice now becoming testy. "I just need you to tell me where the girl is."

At this, Liseran pulled out her other bell and glared at Mephistopheles.

"I'm not giving her to you!" she said. "Go find someone else to be part of a contract with!"

When Liseran pointed the bell at him again, the Incantus didn't flinch. Instead, his mouth almost curved into a smile.

[color=silver]"Oh?" he asked. "And who do you have in mind? You?"

Liseran bit her lip. When she tried to move to attack, she was met with resistance. Looking down, a dim runic circle had formed underneath her. She tried again, but this time, her entire body was practically frozen. She looked at Mephistopheles demanding an answer.

"Ah, right. I had to bind you temporarily so I could reason with you," he said. He sighed.
    "And for the record...I know your body would reject me the moment we so much as make a pact. So stop thinking I'm stupid enough to fall for that!"

The moment he raised his voice, the runic circle pulsed a bright red and Liseran screamed as her entire body shot with a jarring pain. She crumbled onto the ground, wincing as her body tried to make sense of the crushing, agonizing sensation taking hold of her. It was as if her body were on fire without the heat or lighting was coursing through her.

The Incantus drew nearer and looked down on her.

"I'll stop this if you tell me where she is," Mephistopheles offered.

Liseran bit down on her lip even more, so much the blood started to flow.

The Incantus narrowed its eyes.

"Fine. Be that way."

The Incantus stomped its foot again on the ground, causing the runic circle to glow even brighter. At this, Liseran screamed once again, but being so deep in the alleys, it was hard to say anyone would be able to hear her.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Silverion

Post by Silverion on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:58 am

After a good while of walking, Kassandra finally managed to reach Estermount, the city flourishing with people as far the eye can see. She felt a slight sense of weariness over the walk that lead her there, and thought that maybe it was better to just settle here for the rest of the day. But something that caught her attention was a strange glimpse in one of the alleyways.

Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she saw something akin to a girl running away from something at an alarming rate, something which made Kassandra's curiosity pique. This lead her to traverse the confusing alleyways of the city, but after a lot of twists and turns, she heard the sound of screams nearby, which lead her to eventually reach the scene on time.

A panther looking creature was torturing a random girl with some sort of magic, and while she didn't know the context of the situation, she didn't feel like leaving the girl to her luck would be any good. "Oy, you." She spoke up, looking at the panther. "I don't know what is going on, but I'd advice to let that girl go." Outside of calling him out, she didn't raise her voice, her body still completely covered by the blue cloak. All he would be able to see is her face, sporting a rather eerie scowl.
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 am

Mephistopheles lifted his paw from the ground, temporarily stopping the stream of pain being inflicted on Liseran. The violet-haired girl trembled in place.

"And I advise you mind your own business, stranger," the panther Incantus said coolly. "It's not nice for little girls to interrupt people talking. Now run along before you get chastised for being impolite."

As if ìn warning, his tail flickered, and what looked like tiny golden shards shone and hovered near it.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Silverion

Post by Silverion on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 am

"You seem to aim high if you think you can win this." Suddenly, a raspy voice was hear in the near vicinity, one which seemed to come from the newly arrived stranger. The cloak covering her body began to sag and move gently, as if something was moving from the inside. And whatever it was, it clearly caused annoyance in Kassandra, due to how her pout deepened as the voice was heard.

Out of nowhere, a snout started peeking from the cloak, and it pulled out until it revealed itself to be the head of a wolf, one that looks slightly bigger than a regular wolf. It's hair was a mix of red and orange, and his eyes shined with a red tint, as his mouth formed the closest thing to a grin as a wolf snout could produced, at it looked at the Incantus.

"Don't forget that we are made of sturdier elements. Playing hero is not your style, little cub." He said, a very smug tone on his voice, as Kassandra let out a grunt, and with one hand coming out of her cloak, she held his head, and pulled him back. "... I can handle this. Don't interfere." Her voice was met with a small chuckle, as the wolf head disappeared into her cloak, leaving no sign that it was there at all.

"I won't repeat myself. Unbound the girl, or you will force your paw."
    She threatened the Incantus, as one hand pulled the cloak away, revealing a set of armor, and a sword holstered on her hip. Her right hand went towards the handle of the sword, but it rested there, almost waiting to see if the Incantus would move first.
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 am

As Kassandra spoke with the Incantus, Liseran closed her eyes and started to murmur something inaudibly. Mephistopheles' ears picked up on this and almost instantly slammed a paw on her head. Liseran shrieked.

"I will not have any of that grey magic nonsense here, Liseran," the Incantus growled before looking back at Kassandra impatiently. "And just for the record, child, you've already forced my tail."

Just as he said this, the marks hovering around his tail would glow even brighter. As he pulled his tail back and then whipped it in the direction of Kassandra, the marks would shoot towards her in the shape of what looked like spears made of light.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Silverion

Post by Silverion on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 am

Her eye squinted in preparation as the Incantus gave Liseran a hit with his paw. What was that he mentioned? 'Grey magic'? She had no idea what he was talking about, but the pursuit of knowledge was not exactly what she something she sought at the moment, unless it covered how to deal with this particular Incantus.

But once he was done, he decided to prepare an attack, his tail causing glowy marks to intensify and turn into spears with a swing. Given how she was already anticipating an attack, she began running to a side, dodging the spears thrown her way. At that moment, she had to think quickly and find some form to retaliate.

She had no idea how her sword would react to the projectiles, and didn't think chancing it to see if they would be reflected or not would be helpful at the moment. Plus, getting close to the Incantus would be risky as well, considering it would make her more open to his ranged attacks, after all, she was quick, but not a speed demon. In order to get closer, perhaps she could distract him.

Quickly scanning the place, she found a stray rock on the ground. And after performing a roll towards it, she grabbed it and threw it at the Incantus' face, seeking to distract him enough for her to lunge at him and strike,
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:29 am

The rock would receive a hit from Mephistopheles' tail before whacking into a nearby wall, his eyes still on Kassandra. However, as he did this, he could see the glyph binding Liseran slowly fading. His eyes narrowed.

"Even now, I'm still weak, hm?" he murmured.

As he whisked another flurry of light spears towards Kassandra, he stopped the binding spell. Liseran collapsed onto the floor, trembling and still in great pain. Hoping Kassandra would be distracted by the attack, he stretched his tail into the length of a short rope and twisted it around Liseran until she was wrapped completely.

"We'll be leaving now," he said as he spread his wings and readied for flight.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Silverion

Post by Silverion on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:15 am

"Grr." A small grunt came from Kassandra as the Walpurgis easily smacked the rock away, and didn't look fazed at all by the attempt. With her distraction method ending in failure, Mephistopheles sent another barrage of spears at her, all while Kassandra did her best trying to dodge them. Despite her quick feet, many of the spears grazed several parts of her body, some just giving her armor markings, and others managing to give her cuts.

But as she kept moving, Kassandra noticed that the Walpurgis used his tail to ensnare Liseran, all while his wings seemingly got ready for lift off. "Hiyaaaaa!" Letting out a war cry, she quickly darted forward, swinging her sword downwards in an attempt to cut the tail off.
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am

With Mephis too distracted in taking flight before it was too late, the blade striking his tail made him screech not much different than a cat upon its tail being stepped on. It did not cut the tail, no, Kassy's blade against the tail would almost feel like striking some sort of malleable metal. Mephistopheles would, however, whirl around growling and casting what looked like a ball of hot electric light towards Kassandra. Fortunately, his new focus on her caused him to unravel Liseran and toss her aside towards a bunch of barrels and crates.

As the violet-haired girl struggled to get on all fours, she turned to Kassandra and shouted.

"Whoever you, get out of here!" she said.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm