Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] - Page 6 Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Grimoire Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Valen opened one eye, glancing at Liseran before shutting them again and lowering his head as if nodding off.

"I did not think you would react so extremely," Valen stated. "I suppose you are different in that way. In any case, I can assure you I'll do what I can for the little one's wellbeing. Since she sees me as some sort of heroe, I should play the part."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] - Page 6 Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:21 am

Liseran stared at Valen intently, her cheeks red, but in a different way. Eventually, she let out a sharp exhale and turned back to the book she was reading. She sat back in the chair across Valen, resting her cheek on her hand, and flipping pages. Valen had the semblance of falling asleep, but she murmured one last thing.

"You know, stories might give characters roles," she said. "But in the end, the character is more than the part they play."

She'd continue to flip pages and read. Whether Valen fell asleep or not, she'd be there for several hours, just reading, sometimes giving him a glance before standing up to go upstairs. She'd reach for the stairs but pause before returning to Valen, reaching out for her cloak on the hook and draping it over him like a blanket. She'd frown as she stared at him, but then sharply turn her heel and head upstairs at last.

The fire would fade into a low but effective ember and night would slowly turn into day. If Valen woke up, he'd hear the sizzling of oil and smell egg and bacon as it cooked. He'd also smell freshly baked bread. Eventually, though, all of these sensations wouldn't matter as he'd feel a heavy force plop itself on his lap.

"Valen, wake up!" Remi's voice boomed. "We have to eat now if we want to get to the villa early!"

Valen would see Liseran walk up as well, her arms crossed. She was dressed in a different outfit this time, far more formal for going out, in violets and blues.

"I'm surprised you slept here the whole night," Liseran said stiffly. "Do you ever just lie down at all, or do vampires sleep upright?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:58 am

Valen remained still, breathing soundly as Liseran placed the cloak over him, but when she turned away, he opened a single eye and watched her leave without uttering a sound. As she left, he closed his eyes thinking to himself What an odd girl.

~~~~~
    [i]
    Captain, are you sure we can't just detain them?

It's too dangerous to do that. No good can come of keeping em alive anyway.

But she's a mother, sir!

If you don't have the stomach for it, then stand back and be ready to provide backup. I'll take care of it.

But.... okay....

We raise these spears for the glory and honor of our princess. Rest and become snow.

Curse you until your death dogs of the crown!!
    ~~~~~

Valen stirred, sniffing the scent of bacon and eggs. Before he could budge though, an uncanny weight fell on him.

"Hurk!" he groaned before catching his breath. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as he started to register what was going on. "Ah, so we're leaving early hm?"

Valen got up and stepped towards the kitchen, somewhat wobbling, his eyes squinting as if adjusting to the light. His groggy expression exemplified how little of a morning person he was. When he saw Liseran he blinked and stared blankly for a minute before looking around.

"Eh, what happened to Liseran? Did she went ahead to the villa?"

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:24 am

"W-what do you mean? I'm right here!" Liseran said crossing her arms again.

Remi let out a small giggle.

"Valen's still sleepy," Remi said before pushing him in a chair at the dining table. "Come on, eat up! We have to go, go, go!"

Remi quickly got into her own chair and started downing what looked like meats, fruits, and pancakes dusted in powdered sugar. Liseran, however, was enjoying raspberry jam on toast. Valen would catch Liseran looking at him, but the girl would quickly dart her eyes away. Her lips pursed.

"It wasn't too cold downstairs, was it?" she muttered as a question.

Last edited by Lilac on Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:35 am

"Not particularly," Valen answered simply, layering bacon and eggs on his toast and eating it that way. "I'm used to the cold so it never really bothered me."

He kept looking around.

"Seriously, where is Liseran?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:50 am

"Wh-what do you mean, where am I? I'm Liseran!" the bookish girl blurted out angrily this time. "And if you don't want me to break another chair, you'll quit joking!"

Remi looked around frantically, and began to sank under the table.

"Better do what she says, Valen," Remi warned. "Aunty Claudia had to use magic to fix the last chair."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:03 am

Valen squinted, staring at Liseran hard for a while before raising his eyebrows.

"Ah," he said in exclamation. Then he immediately returned to a bored expression and bit into his sandwich, appearing to have already lost interest. "So you do have a girly side."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:25 am

Liseran stared at Valen, her mouth agape. Slowly, red rose to her face before turning her as bright as a tomato. Without her ponytail today and just a few clips pulling her hair to the side, as she started to tremble, her hair frizzed. He'd notice Liseran's cheeks puffing as her pout sharply turning upwards.

Remi quickly ducked for cover.

Valen would watch as a glint of metal passed him and hear a thud behind him. When he looked behind him, a butterknife was lodged firmly into the wooden pillar, just inches from where his head was.

"W-what do you mean girly side!?" Liseran demanded. "I-I'm always ladylike!"

A hand would peek from the table and reach for Valen's plate, nimbly taking some sausages before ditching back underneath.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:30 am

Valen had a blank and bored expression, even as he glanced behind him at the butter knife.

"Ah, that's more like it," Valen deadpanned. "Don't mind me. Everything seems normal again. Just thought I might've been dreaming."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:44 am

Liseran continued to tremble, but before she could bring about her next violent attack a voice would come from behind.

"Liseran, what did I say about damaging furniture?" Claudia said.

Claudia, dressed in an elegant blue-green dress that seemed to have some semblance to a bit of southern Sakigake designs. It had a high collar and a slit at the side of the skirt. It was also full of embroidered flowers on the front. As usual, she wore her hair in a high ponytail.

Upon seeing Claudia, Liseran frozen and quickly started focusing on her bread.

"H-he started it!" she said.

Claudia sighed, leaning over to Valen and grabbing the knife from the pillar.

"Really, you two. You're worse than Richard and Tala were," she grumbled.

At this, Liseran straightened up and frowned.

"D-d-don't! Bwah! Don't make that comparison!" Liseran said.

"Then stop acting like it!"

Liseran huffed her cheeks and crossed her arms. She'd then feel a gloved hand pet her head. Her eyes would close, and despite her resistance, it was obvious she enjoyed it.

"Silly kid," she said. "Remi, finish your breakfast. Get out from under there."

"Yes, Auntie Claudia!"

Remi crawled out from underneath, her face smeared with crumbs of what looked like scrambled egg and meat. Liseran gasped and pulled a napkin out.

"Remi, your face. You have to eat more carefully..." Liseran said gently dabbing her cheeks.

Meanwhile, Claudia, with crossed arms, moved to Valen.

"You didn't bring any spare clothes along did ya? People are expected to dress a certain way at the villa, but I think you and Richard should be the same size if you have none."

Liseran rolled her eyes.

"Please, the last thing we need are two of my father. Though, he seems to have been very chummy with him, so that must already be a bad sign!"

Liseran snorted and then bit into her sandwich deeply.

Claudia arched an eyebrow before giving Valen a glance.

What did this kid do to get Liseran so pissed?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm