A Fantasy Roleplay Forum


    Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Share
    avatar
    Lilac
    Admin

    Posts : 1427
    Join date : 2018-07-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Philippines

    Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 am

    Oh. She's from there, Liseran thought after Cassima described where she came from.

    It was a no-brainer that she came from Eisleyn--how many ruling little girls put their suitors' heads on pikes, after all? Liseran was tempted to ask more about it and probe the girl about her circumstances, but she realized a place with a bunch of guards who were keeping an eye for any suspicious individuals (including potential illegal immigrants) might not be welcome. She would have to hold it off until they were alone in a quiet area. That said, Liseran would lead Cassima just a block away from the square where a dress shop was selling costumes and masks. Despite it being a holiday, it was open on the circumstance that it was good for business. The typical formal dresses had been replaced with those of bright ones with festive colors, and the mannequins each wore delicately designed masks made out of beads or glass or wood. A middle-aged woman tended the counter as last-minute attendees looked at the display cases and stands for masks.

    "So, any mask you like in particular? I'm sure we can find one for maybe 20 denars--30 if you're in the mood for lavish spending."

    ***

    The hooded girl only noticed the boy now, even if he had been there for awhile. She was going to ask who the heck he was (probably some dude wanting to dance with the cute fox gal), but she suddenly had her hand grabbed by Eun in order to form a dance circle. Instinctively, the girl's hand had gone to the dagger in the hilt attached to her belt, but realizing what the fox girl wanted to do, she quickly retreated from it.

    "U-uh...okay I guess?" she mumbled.

    But the little dance circle would be cut short.

    ***

    "Ladies and gentleman!" an announcer would say as he walked up to the platform. It was a man wearing a formal green suit and a bright green cat mask to boot. "We'll be starting the ceremony shortly, so please feel free to grab your seats and help yourselves to the food before we begin! Once it does, silence has to be observed, and then we can get the real event started!"


    _________________
    Characters:


    NPCs/Plot Characters:


    avatar
    Lilac
    Admin

    Posts : 1427
    Join date : 2018-07-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Philippines

    Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 am

    Eun raised an eyebrow at the hooded girl's sudden movement towards her belt, but let it off with a shrug and continued leading her merry band once she had seemingly given in. It didn't last long, though, before an announcer stepped up to tell everyone the ceremony was starting soon. Eun let go of her two hostages and pouted, annoyed that he had interrupted the music, but the mention of food certainly caught her attention. After scanning the area, she located her target.

    After turning to give a small wave to her two new friends - people she would probably never knowingly meet again, given the whole mask thing - Eun took off towards the food tables, ready to fill a plate and then subsequently her stomach. The ceremony itself was a bit lower on her priority list at the moment.


    _________________
    Characters:


    NPCs/Plot Characters:


    avatar
    Lilac
    Admin

    Posts : 1427
    Join date : 2018-07-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Philippines

    Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 am

    Maia laughed dryly. "I'm hardly beautiful, Monsieur." She said. "But... Thank you." Maia felt her face gain a slight redness. She wasn't used to being complimented, especially not in the way of her looks. Maia felt she was too short and scrawny to be attractive, and the seal on her neck definitely didn't help. She wondered that if the man saw her face and neck, would he still be saying such things? Or was he just being adventurous by flirting with a complete stranger? She didn't know but decided to not let it bother her. It's not like she would ever see this man again after today.

    She raised an eyebrow at her dance partner. The music and dance was definitely more upbeat than she was used to, but she decided to go with it. "You have impressed me. Let's dance, then." But before she could join him, the announcer told everyone the main event was starting. She smiled softly. "Ah. Looks like we need to vacate the floor and head to our seats. It was nice chatting with you, Monsieur. Maybe we can dance together another time?" She began moving away from the dance floor, but quickly turned around and smiled at the man. "I would tell you my name, but that would defeat the purpose of a masquerade ball, wouldn't it?" And with that she left the man alone on the dance area, letting herself disappear in the crowd.


    _________________
    Characters:


    NPCs/Plot Characters:


    avatar
    Lilac
    Admin

    Posts : 1427
    Join date : 2018-07-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Philippines

    Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 am

    It would appear as his dancing skills were able to dazzle the woman, enough to consider dancing a piece with him. But such a notion would be cut short, when suddenly they all heard an announcement: Everyone needed to take a seat for the big event. [color:831c=#fe0]"Ah, an awful timing." He lamented, as he looked at his partner.[color:831c=#fe0] "If the dances will continue after this, then I would gladly accept an invitation." He said, as she started moving away from him. But wait a moment, was it necessary to cut their meeting short?[color:831c=#fe0] "Ah, wait lady! How about w-" He began, when suddenly the people around him started to move, causing Maia to vanish into the crowd, enough for him to lose sight of her. He tried moving some of the people away so that he could get a better view, but she was practically gone now.
    [color:831c=#fe0]
    "Huh... where did she go?"

    Meanwhile, a certain other person suffered the same fate. Higini turned around when the announcement was made, a frown appearing on his face. "Aw... guess we'll to wait for next time." He said, as suddenly the people around him started to move to find a place to sit. "Ah, uh, well I'll, see you two another time!" He let out, as he was incidentally carried away by the crowd of people. As quickly as he came, he went, what a mystery.


    _________________
    Characters:


    NPCs/Plot Characters:


    avatar
    Lilac
    Admin

    Posts : 1427
    Join date : 2018-07-05
    Age : 24
    Location : Philippines

    Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Post by Lilac on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:45 am

    Once Cassima had entered the store she was amazed by the many masks and dresses that were on display, it was enchanting as she never saw these kinds of dresses or accessories before. She only saw them in pictures of books that she often finds in the region, but she can see them up close, touch them, fee---Ok, maybe she won't get her dirty hands on the dresses but still, Cassima was amazed.

    But she was also told that her spending limit for a mask is 30 to 40 so she will have to choose wisely.

    But there were so many masks it was hard for Cassima to choose, so she tried to point to a mask that will make her stand out and not generic.

    She pointed to a mask of a bird, it was certainly odd, but Cassima was at least relieved that it's not a fox.

    She walked over to the mask and looked back at the woman that went with her. "How about this mask? I feel like this will be the right one don't you think?" She smiled, happy that someone was helping her.

    And be her first friend here at Aldmerrow.


    _________________
    Characters:


    NPCs/Plot Characters:



    Sponsored content

    Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am