Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:41 am

Upon inquiring about the mask, Casimma would notice the young woman's expression sadden a bit.

"O-oh, this thing? It was my mother's," she said. "She used to wear it at the festival before she married my father. But, anyways, you can most definitely purchase one at the many stands around here. Worry not, though, I'm sure you didn't know in advanced about the ball. I can help you find a mask around here, if you want: that way you won't be scammed for being one for 50 denars."

Cassima then remarked on a girl dancing in the middle of the dance floor: something quite uncharacteristic in the ball, but not entirely unwelcome. Liseran flinched a bit, finding the thought of dancing--let alone dancing alone--rather frightening.

"Err...well, she seems to be enjoying herself?" she said hesitantly. "I could never find it in myself to dance in public alone. But what's important is we all have fun, right? Using that logic, I'd say that it's nice; nice indeed."

Eun herself would find a few eyes staring at her: a few nobles looking at her in disgust, a few commoners finding her little feat admirable and spunky...and a passerby in a red cape and hood looking with interest. The passerby was a girl of maybe 10-12, barely even in her pre-pubescent years. She wore a dark blue commoner's dress with puffed sleeves, and an apron with a leather girdle. The girl would approach Eun, lowering down her hood to show short messy brown hair and dark brown eyes to match.

"How did you learn how to dance like that?" she'd ask abruptly, not at all worried she was disrupting Eun's little time alone.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]  - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball [Pre-Ceremony]; [Open]

Eun ignored the looks and comments of the peanut gallery, focused on her own movements. Let them think what they want, they weren't keeping the music company! They were sitting around doing nothing, so she decided to take up the role, and that fact alone was enough to please her. If anyone else enjoyed it, then it was all the better. She noticed a particularly timid young man eyeing her, though, and though sheer misinterpretation of the meaning behind his look, she let her dance lead her over to him, where she would attempt to grab his arm and pull him towards the floor. Regardless of his response, though, she would continue on her own for now. If he worked up the courage to dance, perhaps he could join him on the next song.

Eun also seemed to ignore the sudden question coming from the girl with the red cape at first, continuing her dance; the song was reaching its conclusion, and it would be a shame to let it finish alone. A few moments later though, the music came to a stop, and Eun's dance would finish with her standing right in front of the girl, smiling and giving a small curtsy. In lieu of a spoken response, Eun pointed at the band, her feet, and then her own chest.

A beat passed though, and a confused look grew over her face, her head and eyes tilting upwards a bit as she appeared to be thinking. Apparently deciding that her original response wasn't enough to get the point across, she pulled a small journal and pencil out of her pocket, flipping to an empty page and scribbling down a couple of words before handing it to the girl.

The words written in rushed, but clearly legible, handwriting, were 'Self-taught!'
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia let out a small laugh. "I am physically able, but I only attended an academy for a short time, so I wasn't able to grasp any of the basics in time before I left." She explained. Still, it would be nice if she learned how to do it. Maia thought enchantments could be incredibly useful. The man was seemingly going to answer her question but got distracted by the other guest. She wondered if he actually was interested in her, though she doubted it. People seemed to confuse her for a teenager rather than an adult. She was turning 19 soon for crying out loud!

She was at a loss for words for a moment. Maia hadn't actually thought the man was going to ask her to dance. She blushed a little and nodded. "It's been a while, but I'm sure I can do it if you lead." She replied as she looped her arm around his. Maia hadn't been dancing for a long time. She was worried that this was going to be a disaster, but she quickly shook the thought out of her head. She was here to have fun, so there was no need for those kinds of thoughts.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 am

The silence Maia gave him when he decided to ask her out was one Goibniu noticed. Could it be that she didn't except him to actually ask her? Well, surprising a lady is one way to dazzle them, and in a gathering like this, causing a good impression was very important. And once he felt her arm around him, he perked up. "Alright madam, let's not keep the patrons waiting." He said, as he walked towards the dancing floor. Once they reached it, the song finished, and the spectacle of the moment was distracted by some strange girl in a red cape. Huh... she looked strangely familiar, but interrupting them both to inquire about it might not be for the best. Far all he knew, the girl probably didn't know him.

"Lets get ready." He said, as he moved his arm away from the lock they both formed, and his hands went to reach Maia's. "I am to believe you know how to dance, yes? I have practiced beforehand, and I wouldn't mind giving you tips." For an occasion like this, preparation was paramount, and Goibniu made sure to practice his waltz as much as possible. But what about the young man looking at Eun? Well, now he wasn't very sure about approaching her now that a tiny girl came forth her. Approaching a stranger was already hard enough, how was he going to approach two now? For a moment he thought of just moving back, but the pressure of the new forming partners were causing him to become very self aware of his lonely status. Not like he could ask his friend to come with him...

Nevertheless, he needed a partner, and he also wanted to at least try and help her 'adjust' in a setting like this, and not stick out like a sore thumb. Taking a deep breath, he walked towards Eun and the girl, and turned to the enkidu girl. "That was... an interesting dance. Yeah." He said, showing all the composure of an autumn leaf being dragged by the wind.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Looking away from the dance floor, Cassima kept her complete focus on the woman and her beautiful mask. It appeared to have a sad, if unknown backstory to it relating to the woman's mother, one that involved her father possibly. "I see, but that would be wonderful if you can help find me a mask. It would be a waste of the remaining coins that I have to buy a new mask for only this occasion so finding a mask I can wear without any coins to spend it on would be a relief and would save me a few days out on the streets with the prices of the inn i'm currently residing." Cassima smiled at the woman.

"That girl with the tail, she was a marvellous dancer. I sure wish I had her bravery back at my home." She briefly looked back at the dance floor to see that the woman in question had gotten the attention of a young girl in a red cape and a man. It seems Cassima wasn't the only one that was intrigued by her dancing, but still, what's important right now was for Cassima to find a mask, so she can fit in with the nobles and the guests of this wonderful ball. She looked back at the woman, clearly enjoying herself at the event so far, and she hasn't even started dancing yet. I wonder why?

"I'm not a good dancer," Cassima confessed, but she scanned the area behind the woman to see if there is a free mask around. "For another question, how does one obtain a mask for free in this ball. Or are they rare to find in a place like this?" Cassima inquired of the woman.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Liseran offered the girl a smile.

"I'd be more than honored to help," she said.

She felt a bit bad for the girl's situation, considering she was broke and all, and as much as Liseran wanted to offer a little charity, tonight had been the one night she forgot to bring her purse. She decided her best action would be to haggle her way to the cheapest mask Cassima would be able to find.

"Follow me," she said. "My advice is for you not to buy at the stalls, but rather the shop proper. Stalls sell a little more expensive because they're at a location's convenience. However, we should be close enough to one of the mask shops my friends frequent."

As they temporarily left the square to turn to a corner leading to a street behind it, Liseran decided to remark on Cassima's praise for the Enkidu. There was something off about her statement.

"Well, I wouldn't say bravery. Confidence, maybe," she said. "Also back at home? Did you wish to dance at a local festival back at your home, too?"

"O-oh, you're..."

The girl was slightly taken aback to find Eun mute. She had encountered mute people before--often old men or sickly women--but never a young girl. And for someone who was mute, she looked rather lively. She decided it would be impolite to ask about her condition, and instead remarked on Eun's answer to her previous question.

"That's impressive," she said. "Though, I've never seen anyone dance like that before. It looks a lot cooler than the icky fancy formal dancing here. Can you show me how to do it?"

Of course, the last thing the girl wanted to do was dance. However, if she wanted this to work, she needed to show interest in Eun.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Eun turned to the guy she had noticed earlier as he approached, and gave a smile and a small curtsy towards him as well as he complimented her dance. At least, that's how it seemed to her. Eun ignored the girl's surprise at her condition - after all, who wouldn't be? - and instead focused on the next question, which made her eyes widen in surprise. Her? Teach someone to dance? She'd never tried, so it might be possible, but still...

As the next song which was more upbeat began to play, though, Eun got an idea. Scribbling in her journal as fast as she could, she wanted to give a brief explanation before the song picked up too much. After a few moments, she turned the journal towards her - angling it so the boy could read it too, if he wanted - and smiled as she used her free hand to show off her pendant.

The words read, 'No thought. Feeling! Let the music lead you!'

She then tucked her journal and pencil back into her pocket and her pendant back into her dress, reaching out to try and grab a hand each of both of her new companions, looking to form a small circle for them to dance around. Regardless of whether they accepted her offer, her feet would begin to move again, this time staying in one place on the floor; if her offer was accepted, she would lead them around clockwise, occasionally adding small flourishes or kicks, but if not, she would simply more her feet along to the beat, almost like some kind of river dance.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia raised an eyebrow. "You make it seem like they're dying to see us dance." She said with a laugh. She imagined some people would be focusing more on other dancers, and wouldn't pay much attention to the two of them. Maybe her partner was a known dancer around here? Maybe he was trying to lively? Maybe he was trying to get her in bed? That was one of the problems Maia had with these events. You never really know who you are dealing with and what their true intentions are.

She allowed Goibniu to take her hands. She smirked at his comment. "Tips, huh? How about you demonstrate your dancing ability before you offer lessons, Monsieur." Maia replied. "I'll let you lead this dance. Try and impress me." Maia couldn't explain it. Normally, she wouldn't offer such a challenge. Perhaps the anonymity of the ball allowed her venture outside of her comfort zone. No one knew who she was after all. She could be anyone here.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:43 am

Now that was a hook, one that made the gears in his mind tick. "Well, I am sure they are dying to see a beauty like yourself on the dance floor." His moustache moved every so slightly, as if it was smiling with his mouth. Whatever the nature of his partner is, there was no shame in admitting that she looked quite proper, and if his words managed to dazzle her, he'd take it as a little victory in this social environment.

And with that, Maiai asked him straight up if he could show her how he danced, accepting being lead by the enkidu. "A demonstration, madam? I can certainly abide to such a stipulation." He said, as he heard the current music change to a more jovial tone, one which he welcomed quite eagerly. If Maia were to look down, she would notice his feet start moving rhythmically, almost as if he's walking in place, only with his tips and heels touching the ground on the beat of the music, as they slowly start spreading apart, his feet going from one side, then another, and so on. It was a move akin to swing, and it was mostly intended as a warm-up, as well as to show Maia what he had in mind.

As for the other man, his compliment was met with a smile from Eun, which was at least a good thing, as he wondered if she was going to take it the wrong way, despite his own tone of voice lacking in any from of condescension. Or even conviction for that matter. But afterwards, the enkidu wrote something on a journal she had, possibly related to the dance, and when she put it away, her hands reached out to grab him and the girl she was talking with. "Wow!" He let out, as he was taken to the dance floor with the two girls, looking like she was trying to form a circle with them. He was a bit confused, and it was his hesitation when he turned to the other girl, and reached out for her hand to complete the apparent circle Eun wanted to make. His own dancing skills were not as unrestricted as Eun's, as he mostly practiced slow beats, not something so moving like the current song, so the best thing he could do was emulate Eun's moves, trying to replicate her own feet movement, as well as attempting to follow the rhythm. Both attempts that would be met with mediocre success.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 am

"Well, I wish I had that girl's confidence, even if she did get some stares among those attendees." Cassima gave off a smile towards the girl with the tail before leaving the ball.

Cassima followed the woman out of the ball and towards the stalls so she can look for a mask that suits her, only they were going to a proper shop instead of a stall, which Cassima appreciated. If she didn't get help or advice as to which store or stall to go to during this festival, then she would have already been stripped of the remaining money that she barely has. "I thank you again for your generous offer to help me find a mask that suits me." She smiled as she continued to follow the woman.

But then the topic was changed to Cassima's home region, which she felt uncomfortable with speaking about, especially after she got here in time for a grand event to be held in this region, especially an event that's not being forced down her throat to celebrate. "Oh well uhh." Cassima decided to be vague about her home region, like not mentioning the name Eisleyn at all, although she will drop hints for the woman to figure out herself, such as...

"We normally don't have festivals what with the dangerous surroundings we live in, the only festivals we have are what the leader of the region forces us to have, it's that or execution. Since I'm far away from her now, I can happily say that she is a lunatic who I won't be surprised if I one day find out that her head is on a pike, which I will deem as karma for all the bad things that she has done." Cassima realised that she had said too much and coughed.

She wanted to forget about her, after what she had done to him...

"I mean, yeah, my region tends to have dangerous terrain and bad weather, not the kind to have such a nice festival such as this one." Cassima looked at the stalls and shops around her and the woman.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:40 pm