A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Flowers and Gems [Open]

Lilac
    Admin

Flowers and Gems [Open]

Post by Lilac on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:41 am

Note: This thread is an import from the old Zetaboards site. Original thread can be found here

Violet returned home from the closest lei source after she ran her and Tourmaline's mediums to it to charge. Upon getting inside, she found Tourmaline hunched over a paper. With a cursory glance, she could see it was a pretty powerful enchantment that shielded against any sudden great increase in concussive force. It wouldn't be able to hold for more than a second, at most, but it would protect against an explosion. Upon closer inspection, she could see a few drops of water on the page, and realized that Tourmaline was crying.

"Tour? You okay?"

With a surprisingly steady, but deceptively cheery voice, Tourmaline replied, "Yep! Just making an enchantment."

Violet sat beside her on the couch. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Tourmaline's mouth opened, but no noise came out, and her face was screwed up as she tried not to start sobbing. She held up her arms for a second, then turned red through her tears and put them down. Violet interpreted this correctly, though, and embraced Tourmaline, who finally began crying full-on.

After a few minutes, Violet heard her choke out, "I'm s-so tired of m-my choices getting peop-le hurt and ki-killed."

As usual, when Tourmaline mentioned things like this, Violet felt a coal of anger in her stomach. This time it was tinged with guilt as well, though, because it was also her practice of Life Alchemy that had gotten Hugo threatened; in fact, it was mainly that. But she knew that Tourmaline wouldn't listen to that, so she said nothing.

Violet held onto Tourmaline for a few more moments, when finally Tourmaline said, "Okay, I'm okay now. Thank you." She looked up at Violet's face, and for a second, Violet's coal of anger burned with something else, and she quickly released Tourmaline, confused.

Tourmaline noticed her draw back and said, "Are you okay?"

Violet shook herself. "Uh, yeah, just a weird... Anyway, let's go somewhere, cheer you up. How about the library? Maybe the fountain in the park or something?"

Tourmaline smiled at her. "Yeah, alright. Let me wash my face and stuff." She grabbed her clip from Violet and placed it in her hair, then left for the bathroom.

A few minutes later, the two were walking into the park, Tourmaline with her ever-present backpack, and Violet with her ever-present sidebag. The two actually looked quite scholarly, with pages nearly spilling out of each of their bags, along with pieces of metal from Tourmaline's, and bottles filled with strange liquids from Violet's.

They sat near the fountain, and Tourmaline pulled her clip from her hair, and said, "Want to see something I've been working on?" A few Cartic marks flew from her clip and onto the fountain, and then fountain was suddenly obfuscated in a dark fog. "That'll be handy for hiding, if we ever need it. I'm working on making some clothes with that enchantment, but it's harder for non-rigid objects for some reason."

Violet nodded, still feeling weird.

Violet returned home from the closest lei source after she ran her and Tourmaline's mediums to it to charge. Upon getting inside, she found Tourmaline hunched over a paper. With a cursory glance, she could see it was a pretty powerful enchantment that shielded against any sudden great increase in concussive force. It wouldn't be able to hold for more than a second, at most, but it would protect against an explosion. Upon closer inspection, she could see a few drops of water on the page, and realized that Tourmaline was crying.

"Tour? You okay?"

With a surprisingly steady, but deceptively cheery voice, Tourmaline replied, "Yep! Just making an enchantment."

Violet sat beside her on the couch. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Tourmaline's mouth opened, but no noise came out, and her face was screwed up as she tried not to start sobbing. She held up her arms for a second, then turned red through her tears and put them down. Violet interpreted this correctly, though, and embraced Tourmaline, who finally began crying full-on.

After a few minutes, Violet heard her choke out, "I'm s-so tired of m-my choices getting peop-le hurt and ki-killed."

As usual, when Tourmaline mentioned things like this, Violet felt a coal of anger in her stomach. This time it was tinged with guilt as well, though, because it was also her practice of Life Alchemy that had gotten Hugo threatened; in fact, it was mainly that. But she knew that Tourmaline wouldn't listen to that, so she said nothing.

Violet held onto Tourmaline for a few more moments, when finally Tourmaline said, "Okay, I'm okay now. Thank you." She looked up at Violet's face, and for a second, Violet's coal of anger burned with something else, and she quickly released Tourmaline, confused.

Tourmaline noticed her draw back and said, "Are you okay?"

Violet shook herself. "Uh, yeah, just a weird... Anyway, let's go somewhere, cheer you up. How about the library? Maybe the fountain in the park or something?"

Tourmaline smiled at her. "Yeah, alright. Let me wash my face and stuff." She grabbed her clip from Violet and placed it in her hair, then left for the bathroom.

A few minutes later, the two were walking into the park, Tourmaline with her ever-present backpack, and Violet with her ever-present sidebag. The two actually looked quite scholarly, with pages nearly spilling out of each of their bags, along with pieces of metal from Tourmaline's, and bottles filled with strange liquids from Violet's.

They sat near the fountain, and Tourmaline pulled her clip from her hair, and said, "Want to see something I've been working on?" A few Cartic marks flew from her clip and onto the fountain, and then fountain was suddenly obfuscated in a dark fog. "That'll be handy for hiding, if we ever need it. I'm working on making some clothes with that enchantment, but it's harder for non-rigid objects for some reason."

Violet nodded, still feeling weird.

NPCs/Plot Characters:

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:35 am