Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Tears for Fears [Mine]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tears for Fears [Mine] - Page 3 Empty Re: Tears for Fears [Mine]

Post by Lilac Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:03 am

Richard made the slightest wince when the first bolt hit the frog, but only stared when it died at the next shot. When he saw Mine and the frog monster started to dissipate, Richard walked over to her. He looked the slightest bit stressed. He stared at Mine's crossbow, a little surprised such a small thing could carry such a large thing.

Well, not really. After all, Althea had that giant weapon.

She didn't look all too skilled, but she managed to effectively deal with the problem. He smiled softly at Mine.

"You did," he said. "Very well, I might add. That said..."

Richard looked around warily.

"I don't think we should stay here," he murmured. His eyes looked at her seriously as he bent down to her level. "You mentioned you were lost and that you had a friend. Is she in this forest too? If so, perhaps we should get you out of here while i look for her."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:58 pm

"I di-" She coughed, clearing her throat. "I did?" Her eyes began to shine, her mouth twisting into a wide smile. "YEEEEESSS!" She bounced up and down happily. "I killed a beast! I did it! Aw Shio is gonna be so proud! She's gonna give me headpats and let me lay in her lap an-" Suddenly the girl slipped, falling to the ground hard and almost being pinned by her own crossbow. She made a whining sound, but still looked very proud of herself.

Then, Richard spoke more.

As he knelt down, he'd note that Mine was quick to pull up her hood, actively avoiding eye contact. She'd stiffen at his words, though, and begin shaking her head violently. "No! I-I'm not leaving Shio! I-I'm going to help!" She pushed herself up, staggering under the weight of the crossbow before beginning to stamp at the ground. "You can't make me! I'm not losing her too!" Despite her anger, more tears began to spill from her eyes. She, herself, hated that this was her bodies' first reaction to most things, but she'd accepted it by now. "I-I-I killed that beast! I can kill a-a-anymore!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Mine being ecstatic about the kill almost made Richard smile further, but he refrained. There was something endearing about the way the young girl acted. It reminded him a lot about someone else he knew. Sensitive, a tad too reactive, but with a brightness about them. That appreciation was quick to go. Seeing Mine about to cry again, Richard raised his hands once more in a calming gesture.

"Hey, shhh, it's okay, alright, I understand," he said, his voice barely louder than a whisper. "We'll find your friend together then. Can you tell me where you last saw them?"

Richard didn't want to linger for too long. Corrupted beasts tended to flock where past attacks were made. With Mine's earlier crying, it could have attracted attention, as well.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 pm

"Huuuuu." Mine whined, kicking at the ground as Richard relented. She was scared...REALLY scared, but...she could do this. If it was for Shio...She could do this! "Y-yeah, let's find her together." She nodded furiously. Together would be best...

"W-well, we were making camp a little ways outside the city. It's free and..." She got really nervous in cities..."Nevermind...I went to hunt and I ended up really really lost." She let out a small sniffle. "I-I told her I wouldn't be gone long...What if she went looking and got eaten by that f-frog thing!?" Slowly, the girl looked towards its corpse. She shivered and drew her sword. "I-I need to get her out!" She turned on her heel and began marching towards the frog. Every step she seemed to shake more and more.

If Shio was really in there...She hoped she was okay.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:05 am

"W-wait, I don't think that's like--"

By the time Mine would reach the frog, it would start dissipating into thin air. She'd find no traces of Shio, of course, and even the bits of fragmented ice had started to melt away. Richard would walk up next to her and sigh.

"The monsters here do not remain long," he said. "Though if you've only been missing her for awhile, I don't think she'd necessarily be eaten."

That was, of course, not entirely true. It WAS possible, but if it had only been a few hours, there'd be remnants of her. Richard gingerly placed a hand on Mine's shoulder.

"Can you tell me the area your camp was surrounding? I've been around here before so, I might know where it is. Any specific landmarks like different trees or rocks or bodies of water?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:13 pm

"uWAAAAHHHH!" Mine let out a high pitched screech as the frog suddenly started sizzling. Without thinking, she began to slash at the frog, thinking it still might be alive.

Of course, it just up and melted, leaving a huffing Mine gripping a sword now buried in the ground.

She looked over at Richard as he began to explain how the beasts worked. Mine sighed, dropping to her knees and leaning against her sword. "Huuuuu, why is everything so weird here? What kind of animal's MELT?" She began to sniffle again. "I wish Shio was here...."

When asked to tell about the area, Mine had to think for a few seconds. She cleared her throat and stood before actually speaking. "It was a small clearing, kinda like this one." She gestured around. "Though there was a small lake near it. Was doing some fishing. We were near enough to the town as well? Maybe a twenty minute walk?" She scratched her head. "The trees were tall too?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:10 am

"They're corrupted beasts," Richard explained in the calmest way he could. The tiniest thing seemed to trigger the young girl, and that wouldn't bode well for either of them. "They're magic and once they die, they vanish."

It looked like Mine was about to cry again at the mention of Shio, but the girl straightened up and described the area. Richard pinched his chin.

"That sounds familiar enough," he said. "I think I've stumbled upon it once. We should be able to get there with a small hike."

He was about to walk forward, paused, and looked at Mine. Hesitating, he offered one of his gloved hands.

"It'd be best if we stuck close together," he said. He made a small smile. "I promise I'll do my best to protect you."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:25 am

Mine began to idly disassemble her crossbow as Richard explained the beasts to her. She glanced up at the end, her blank stare making it very clear everything he had said had up and gone over her head. "So what, someone is making them then?" She muttered, placing a few pieces of her crossbow as accessories on her own body. "Like you made that flower?" Her ears perked up a moment at her own words. She spun, peeking in her back before letting out a relieved sigh. "H-hey, the flower won't disappear too right?"

A bright smile appeared on her face as Richard mentioned his familiarity with the area they had camped in. Good! She'd be back to Shio in no time! She had so much to tell her already! Shio would be so proud!!!

Her perked up ears flattened immediately as Richard suddenly reached his hand out to her. Mine froze, staring at the glove with wide eyes. Richard would see a small shiver make its way through Mine's body. Gingerly, she began to reach out. Before she could take his hand, though, she'd pull away, wrapping her arms around herself and turning slightly. "Th-thank you..." A hand would reach up and pull her hood down just a bit lower. "My name is...M-Mine."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 am

Richard frowned as Mine asked about the corrupted beasts. A shadow seemed to cast over his face.

"They exist because they just do," he said. "They have no creator, but a more corrupt kind of magic turns creatures into this. I can't explain it in all its detail, but monsters just exist as part of a daily life. It's why people work hard to fight them and protect those who can't fight back."

He offered a somber smile. When she asked about the flower, he smiled a little more.

"Not at the moment, no," he said. "But if it does break, I can make you another, alright?"

When Mine didn't take his hand, he slowly placed his own in his coat pocket. He understood it wasn't going to be that easy to be trusted. He did, however, nod at her name. It was definitely a little odd and sounded just like the Aldmerrian possessive word. Must have been a foreign thing.

"A pleasure, Mine," he said making a playful bow. "You can call me Richard. Now, shall we get going?"

He'd look up ahead, trying to get a view of the area and making sure that there were no signs of activity ahead. As they started walking he'd glance at Mine.

"You asked earlier about corrupted beasts and magic," he said. "You're not from Esterelf, are you? Did you come from Sakigake recently?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Mine was still hiding under her own hood when Richard spoke of the beasts. Her face scrunched up, despite the fact that it was hidden. "That doesn't make any sense." She grumbled. Things don't just exist!

She looked fairly hopeful at his next comment about the flower, though she really didn't know if she'd ever see him again..."You should teach me how to do that, I wanna make one for Shio." She said, idly taking out the flower and examining it as they walked. Surely it couldn't be THAT hard!

She stumbled a bit as Richard suddenly guessed that she wasn't from Esterelf. Her ears flattened and she moved away, holding the flower protectively for some reason. "Eh? Eh? How do you know that? Have you been following me and Shio? Ah! Are you here to kidnap us!?" She squeaked, immediately jumping to conclusions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content