Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Tears for Fears [Mine]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Tears for Fears [Mine] Empty Tears for Fears [Mine]

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:38 am

Richard was out of his comfort zone.

He had been, very forcefully, shooed out of his office. It was unfair that both Delilah and Glas had confronted him at the same time.

"When you're not in your office, you're at your desk at home, you NEED a break!"

Easy for her to say, of course. The Walpurgis at the festival still hadn't been found. Add to that the alchemy cult that had been RIGHT UNDER the city and had caused a terrorist attack a month back and, well, there was a lot of paperwork.

Out on the city streets now, Richard found himself twirling his fountain pen. He kept it in his pocket and had managed to sneak it, along with a notepad, into his satchel before he was forced out of his office. It was a bright day in Leiger, and a hot one, too. With its tall buildings, the heat coming off of vehicles, and the crowds, his clothes felt stuffy. And yet he felt naked.

He had switched out of his Expiate uniform (for once) and was wearing a brown vest over his blouse that matched the color of his trousers. His collar was high and a mustard-colored kerchief tucked into his blouse. His coat was black trimmed with gold edges, and he wore soft leather shoes. He supposed that with the heat, this was airier than his uniform, but still.

His eyes looked around warily. The bustling crowds and the streets full of passing vehicles and carriages made him dart left and right. The noise hurt his ears.

I can't focus here, he thought.

He tried heading towards a small cafe, but stopped midway. He then hailed a carriage and asked to be taken to the outskirts of town towards the road to Aldmerrow. There, he got off, paid the cab.

"You sure you're good here?" the driver asked. "You're pretty far from town."

"I can get back no problem," he reassured.

Looking at the road to Aldmerrow, there were horses and other passersby speeding along, but he wasn't here for the road.

He made a sharp turn into the woods and let the trees and shadows eat him alive. Light filtered in from the canopies and the sound of things traveling by the road soon vanished. Here it was a lot breezier, and took to a small clearing in the center.

Gingerly, he eased back against one of the trees and opened his notepad.

"They can shoo me out of my office, but they can't stop me from working," he thought.

He pulled out his notepad from his coat pocket and then reached back for his fountain pen in his other. As he pulled it out, he found a gold ribbon had snagged along it. The ribbon was old and faded, but still in good condition. It was too short for being a tie for around his neck or even any other form of decor. It looked more like a hair accessory.

"..."

He folded it back and gently put it back in his pocket. He then started writing.

"Alright, so there's Leiger...and there's the attack in Aldmerrow...and there's the missing people in Saoirse..." he murmured.

He'd start jotting down. The only sound being his pen scratching on paper and the rustling of leaves in the wind.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Tears for Fears [Mine] Empty Re: Tears for Fears [Mine]

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:04 am

She was lost...
    She was lost she was lost she was lost she was LOST!

Gah! How could this even happen!?!?!??!? Sure she didn't know the woods at all, and sure she'd gotten caught up hunting, but she should've been able to find her way back to Shio! Her eyes darted nervously around as she quietly made her way through the woods. There were scratches all over her, and leaves were stuck in her hair. "S-Shio, where are you?" She shakily whispered, her voice coming out high and childish.

Her hands clutched her chest tightly as she continued on, a sudden snap to her left made her freeze. Her eyes darted to the side. What was..."H-hello-erm... She cleared her throat, "Hello?" He spoke again, her voice coming out lower and velvety. The bushes near her started moving. Mine took a step back, her hands balling into fists. She began to shake as there was another snapping sound. Suddenly, something darted out of the tree. Mine would've seen that is was just a pissy raccoon, but she was already sprinting in another direction. "UWAAAAA, I HATE ESTERELF SO MUCH!" That had to be a corrupted beast, whatever it was! Definitely! Definitely! DEFINITELY!

She burst into a clearing, her sight already blurry from tears. At this point, her hood had fallen back. After a second, her eyes moved to a man that she hadn't seen before. Her heart jumped into her throat as she screamed and tried to slide to a stop. Unfortunately, her boot caught on a small rock. Mine flew forwards, but managed to catch herself into a roll, that ALSO unfortunately spun out. By the end of this series of misfortunes, the poor girl was flat on her back a few feet from Richard.

"A-ah..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:21 am

Richard had gotten several pages into his writing when he heard something akin to shouting. He straightened up, tossing his notebook aside and reaching for his gun in his inner coat pocket. His eyes scanned the area around him.

Just as he was about to get up, Mine burst from out of the trees.

"Gah!"

Richard backed up against the tree as Mine fell on the ground flat. Richard's hand left his gun. He rushed over to her and hovered over her, an eyebrow arched.

"What on..."

Richard knelt down and offered a hand.

"Are you...are you alright?" he asked hesitantly.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:34 am

Mine's dazed expression cleared as Richard came into sight. As he knelt down, he'd see the girl's ears droop backwards, her eyes widening. There was a moment where she'd freeze, suddenly more tears burst from her eyes. She scrambled backwards, trying to get up, slipping and crashing back to the ground. "Don't kill me!" She squeaked out, her chest heaving as she stared at Richard. "Are you a corrupted beast too? Don't eat me! I'm not even that filling! I'm real small! Tiny even! S-shio says that monster's wouldn't even bother with me because i'd hardly be a snack! S-shio knows everything so that's true!"

Mine had barely any idea what she was saying. Her mouth just moved on its own while her eyes darted around nervously. She was looking for any more people. This guy COULDN'T just up and be out here alone right? Unless he really was some kind of human corrupted beast hybrid...

"Just ah, let me go. Your one beast friend was right on my tail...Y-you can hang out and eat someone else together." Her knees were actually shaking at this point. Whether or not he'd let her go, she was prepared to bolt once again.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:47 am

"..."

Well, there was no easy way to respond to that.

Richard tilted his head, confused by her panicked ramblings. He looked hard at the crying...child? This had to be a child, right? That didn't explain what she was doing out here alone. She had mentioned someone named Shio. A friend perhaps?

He sighed and lowered his hand, open and palms facing Mine.

"I'm not a corrupted beast," he said, his voice low and quiet. The slightest escalation in stimuli probably would frighten her. "And I'm not going to, err...'eat' you. I'm a human. Look."

Richard reached into his satchel and pulled out a cloth tied with ribbon. He shook it. Mine would hear something rattling.

Opening the bag, he'd reveal there were a bunch of chocolate chip cookies. He'd take one and bite into it. Briefly chewing and then swallowing.

"See?" he said. "Maybe you'd even want one?"

He raised another cookie in the air and wave it at her.

"And once you've calmed down, you can tell me what you're doing here."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:01 am

OH THANK THE GODS.

Mine let out an audible sigh at the news. She didn't seem to relax though. That was just ONE of her many many fears currently. He could be a bandit! Though with him just hanging out in the forest, he couldn't do much bandit...stuff effectively.

Hmmm...

Her ears seemed to perk up when he suddenly pulled out some food. Most of her worries went completely out the window. He had cookies! No bad person has cookies unless they are a witch in the woods! He was neither green nor a girl so that sound be fine! Idly, she reached back and pulled her hood over her head. Almost like an animal, she crouched low and inched forward, her hand reaching out towards the cookie. Once she got close enough, she'd swipe the cookie from his hand.

Next, she jumped back and began to QUICKLY tear the thing apart, practically shoving the entire thing into her mouth. "ishgood." She muttered, her voice a little lower than before oddly enough. "Why yr hre?" It seems having a full mouth wasn't stopping her from talking.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:17 am

Richard stared at the girl, perplexed. She definitely didn't act like she was around here, but it was hard to place where she was from to begin with. Important thing was, she wasn't completely shaking in her boots. He also had to stop himself from smiling as she tore the cookie to shreds. This had always worked on Liseran when she was a toddler. He guessed some things just came in handy years after the fact.

Richard slowly sat back down onto the grass. He gingerly placed the cloth of cookies on the ground and pushed it away from him, giving her enough distance to feel safe.

"You can take more if you want," he said. "I can always get more. As for why I'm here, I was just..."

Richard scratched his head and looked way.

"I guess in the technical sense I was 'relaxing'," he said. "But that's not important."

Crossing his legs, he'd get comfortable on the ground. He placed his hands on his knees and looked at Mine again, this time softer and with a small smile on his face.

"What about you?" he asked. "You seem...stressed."

Stressed was an understatement.

"Are you lost?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 am

Mine perked up once again as the man placed the cloth on the ground and backed up. Again she crept forward, her eyes flitting back and forth between him and the food. She took the back slowly and moved back an extra foot before crouching down and digging in. It was clear there would be none left if she had her way.

"Oooo, I undrstnd." She nodded along. The forest in Sakigake were always nice, not like his nightmare she was in now. At least she had Shio...

Shio...

In a second, the girl's entire demeanor changed. She began to cry once again, her body shivering. Despite this fact, she was STILL trying to finish off the cookies. "I can't find Shiooooo." She wailed. "She's how I relax! She's my best friend and she's gonnnneee." She finally sat fully on the ground, pulling the hood farther down. "This is just like before! I'm never g-gonna see her again!" At this point, she was straight up bawling, her cries probably echoing a little ways off. "Ish not faiiiiiir! Eseterlf is the worrrst! GIB HER BAAAAAAACK!" The more she cried, the less intelligible she seemed to be getting.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:41 am

Richard's smile faded as the girl started getting upset and he'd instinctively cover his ears as her pitch got higher and Mine started outright crying.

"E te te..." he muttered to himself as the girl bawled.

It was clear this girl was out of her comfort zone and unless he got her in control, he wouldn't be able to help her.

He'd uncross his legs, inching a little closer and hovering a hand over her. A worried smile was on his face.

"H-hey...it's okay..." he said hesitantly. "Esterelf isn't that..."

He sighed and pulled back his hand. Instead, he'd cast several Cartic marks. From within her hood, Mine would see faint glowing light. If she lifted her eyes, she'd notice a glowing, transparent version of a small bird in front of her. It looked like a baby hawk.

"Caw..." it said in a high-pitched squeak. It hopped around, its eyes looking at Mine, its body shimmering and sparkling. It would try to get close, and if she'd let it, it would rub against her foot. She'd feel a warm fuzziness, like very faint vibrations and humming against her leg.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 am

When the man spoke again, Mine was barely making any sense with her words. It was like her mouth was just continuing off without her. The lights made her quite down VERY quickly though.

Her eyes snapped towards the man, then towards the weird glowy bird. "W-w-w-w." She stammered, still shivering from her crying fit. Sobs were still shaking through her body, but at the very least she stopped cryscreaming. She watched the bird with an odd fascination. She'd heard a lot about magic, but hadn't seen much yet.

This was magic right?

Mine looked up towards the man again, her brow furrowed as she pointed at the bird. "M-m...What?" She stammered out. Her foot twitched back as it tried to rub against it, but at the warm sensations, the girl relaxed just a little, quietly sniffling every now and then. "Magic?" She finally got out, trying to carefully reach out at the bird.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content