Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 9 Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:03 am

"So you have no experience as a maid and yet you decided to answer an ad strictly for the job of being a maid?" Viola said bluntly. "That's...interesting. That said, we will need a few extra hands for cooking, so if you can prove competent at that, we can just train you for the other ropes. Magic, yes, I suppose that won't be too much of a requirement, though it would have helped your case."

Viola carefully jotted some footnotes.

"You also mentioned taking care of your father, hm?" she said. "So you have some experience with nursing the sick then? I'm presuming that's what you meant by taking care, right?"

Viola's voice remained monotone the entire time she spoke, and she barely glanced at Clara as they walked down the halls.

As they reached they living room, Dorrance was leaning over Ren and smiling. She let her nose brush against Ren's and giggled.

"You know handful or not that it makes me happy to take care of you, right?" she said cheerfully. She planted a small kiss on Ren's forehead.

There was a sharp clearing of the throat.

Dorrance straightened back up and would see Viola and a small little blonde girl, perhaps even smaller than Ren, in the doorway. Dorrance's cheeks flushed.

"A-ah! Viola!" she said nervously. Her hands went to fixing her own hair, but she made no move to remove Ren from her lap. "I didn't know we had company today."

Viola curtsied.

"Apologies, Mistress," she said. "This is an applicant for the position of help for the house. Clara Risus."

"Oh! Well, that's wonderful! Though...doesn't she look a tad too young to work?" she asked.

"She states she is of working age," Viola mentioned. The maid would eye Clara, as if gesturing for her to make her case to Dorrance.
    KitKet
    KitKet

I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 9 Empty Re: I Love the Night [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by KitKet Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Clara could only flush a little red in embarrassment at Viola's critiques. At the very least she said it was 'interesting'. "I...I'm a fast learner! I'll be an excellent maid in no time!" Her smile grew to be a little more nervous as she spoke, but at the very least she wasn't going to be turned away at the door.

As Viola asked more questions, Clara nervously brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, shifting on her feet as she tried to keep herself calm. "Mhmm, that's correct. He's been sick for awhile now..." She trailed off a moment before shaking her head and smiling wider. "He's still alive because of me, so I say I'm fairly competent." She beamed. She was pretty shocked at the scene in front of her when they finally reached the living room. As far as she knew, Dorrance had been recently widowed...Had she moved on so quickly?

--

Just before Viola and Clara walked in, Ren gave a soft smile to Dorrance. "Well, I DO love making you happy~" She giggled, RIGHT BEFORE Viola interrupted them. She had a knack for that, at least this time it was something fairly important. Ren didn't bother making any attempt to move off of Dorrance's lap, instead simply tilting her head to the side and smiling at the newcomer. Her head titled slightly in Dorrance's lap, though, as they mentioned...a working age?

"A what? That's a thing?" She looked between all three with an amused expression. Oh wait, they were serious...What?

"A-ahm...I just look a little younger than I am. I'm of age I promise." Clara's hands gripped her suitcase tightly. Most people didn't believe her, even if it was the truth. She'd been a sickly child and it had really stunted her growth. "B-besides, I've been working as a caretaker for several years now. F-for my father I mean." She was blowing this wasn't she? Her nervous eyes glanced all around, then quickly shot to the ground when she saw an oddly intense expression on Ren's face.

Ren, on the other hand, had been hit by a familiar smell as the girl started explaining her situation. Her eyes narrowed as her nose tried to pinpoint the scent. There was something about it....

But it was gone just as fast. Ren smiled once more and glanced at her lover. "Well she seems nice. Definitely a hard worker if she started so young." She shifted, nuzzling lightly against Dorrance's lap. "Mmm, what do you think dear?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:56 am

Dorrance regarded Clara quietly. Her expression was soft and amicable. Her eyes would turn to Viola.

"Well, Viola? What do you think? Ren seems to have taken a liking to her," she said.

Ren would notice Viola's nose wrinkle ever so slightly. Dorrance continued.

"That said, as the head maid, I want to know your thoughts," she said.

Viola exhaled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"It is too soon to tell," she said. "But as you have requested urgent help, I can keep her in the house to assess her for the week. While she has experience in care-taking, her lack of experience in housekeeping is concerning. However..."

Viola's eyes would glance briefly at the smiling girl before looking back at Dorrance.

"That could work to our advantage," she stated. "Because we have a very...specific way of managing house here, her learning new things is easier than undoing habits set in."

"That's a very good way of looking at it," Dorrance beamed, her hand still petting Ren soothingly. She looked at her lover and smiled. "Also, yes, working age is a thing in all countries, is it not? Anyways, worry your little head not. Just focus on relaxing, dear."

She looked back at both Clara and Viola and smiled.

"Very well," she said. "Viola, as head maid I trust you'll do well in teaching Clara what needs to be done. Clara, I hope your stay here will be a long one, hm? This arrangement will work for you, will it not?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Clara couldn't help but fidget lightly as Dorrance up and asked Viola for her input. From how they had interacted this far, Clara assumed her chances were pretty slim. As Viola spoke though, Clara's smile seemed to grow much more genuine. She beamed at the older woman, her eyes sparkling. In a matter of seconds, Clara was practically lighting the room. She gave a quick bow as she was addressed by Dorrance. "Y-yes mistress! This arrangement works fine! I'll do my best!" The relief was practically written on her face as she looked up towards Viola, seemingly eager to begin to learn.

Ren gave a slow blink to Dorrance as she spoke of the working ages once more. That had to be some kind of joke right? She had been working since she could stand...Huh...The thought up and disappeared though, as Dorrance began petting her once again and simply telling her not to worry about it. "Okaaayyy." She chirped, closing her eyes and relaxing once again. "Ahh, my Dorrance is so kind to me~" She stretched out slightly and sighed, unashamedly enjoying being doted on.

Clara, at the site of such affection, seemed to shrink back a little. A tinge of red began to spread across her face as her eyes attempted to rest anywhere BUT on Dorrance's and Ren's forms. "S-s-so what's first on the agenda Miss Viola?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:02 am

Dorrance giggled and would start nestling Ren.

"Oh, Ren. You're so adorable~" she said.

Viola would merely stare at them, the smallest frown forming on her face. The two were obviously in their own reality. Sighing, Viola turned to Clara.

"Let's go," she said. "I'll show you the house and list your duties."

A few days in, Viola had more or less educated Clara about the duties of the household. Clara would assist Viola in cooking but she'd be left alone to clean the guest rooms while Viola catered to the main rooms. This particularly morning, Viola would check on Clara's cooking. What she hadn't expected was that Dorrance had specifically asked her to cook the stew rather than Viola using what Dorrance explained was "beet puree".

"I wasn't aware you were asked to cook instead of me," Viola mentioned. "Are you faring well enough?"

There was an edge to her tone, and she was pouting quite remarkably.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:39 am

Well, the job so far had been a lot for Clara. She really hadn't done anything aside from learning, but even throughout the past few days Clara had shown just how clumsy she was. She was trying to keep it together today though! No incidents today! No more bruises!

Dorrance asking her to make an...odd meal had both excited and terrified Clara. It was JUST COOKING, but she was worried she'd find a way to screw it up...Still, she was performing Dorrance's instructions to a T. It was a weird meal, but the nobility had always been strange in Saoirse...

Clara practically jumped out of her skin when Viola walked in, damn near dropping her mixing spoon. She held it tightly and cleared her throat. "Oh, I'm sorry...The mistress asked me earlier today." She fidgeted, smiling despite her nerves. "I think she just wants me to do a few things on my own...g-get the hang of everything right?" Even she could tell Viola was a bit upset. "I think I'm doing okay..." She glanced at the pot nervously. It's...not like she could taste test this.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:02 am

Viola arched an eyebrow.

"Curious..." she murmured. "Well, is it alright if I look?"

Viola peered over and examined the stew. It looked similar to what she served. She supposed she could try tasting it. She took a spoon and a small saucer and gestured.

"May I?" she asked.

She'd take a spoonful and taste it.

Almost instantly, her mouth filled with the taste of iron and salt. For a moment, Clara would notice Viola just staring blankly and the spoon not leaving her mouth. In fact, she wasn't responding at all.

"..."

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:16 am

"U-um maybe you shouldn't!" Clara tried to stop her, but a hitch in her throat made her step back. She raised the back of her hand over her mouth and cleared her throat. Of course, by this time, Viola had already tasted the stew.

Clara paled as she saw the look in Viola's eyes. "Miss Viola! I'm sorry I should have said." She cleared her throat again, taking a small breath before continuing. "The Mistress asked me to use some...i-interesting ingredients in the stew itself. Taste testing...may be a bad idea..."

Clara gingerly reached out, touching Viola on the shoulder. "A...are you okay?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:32 am

Viola removed the spoon from her mouth. She turned towards the sink and dropped the spoon into it.

"Don't apologize," she said plainly. "It's perfect."

Perfect for Ren, at least. Viola could care less if Ren had a disliking for the meal. That said, everything had come together as to why Dorrance had asked Clara instead. Clara looked a tad distressed, though. Viola sighed and placed a firm hand on Clara. It would feel cold to the touch even past Clara's sleeve.

"I agree the ingredients are odd," Viola admitted. "Please do not apologize. That said, I will discuss this with Mistress. You're only doing your job."

Viola took a ladle of the soup and placed it in the bowl.

"Let's get ready for breakfast."

Before she went, however, Clara would notice Viola take a sugar cannister and pour a handful into her mouth.

She looked at Clara.

"You saw nothing."

That night, Viola watched as once again Ren and Dorrance were drinking out in the terrace. Clara would have just finished her duties by now, and she'd see Viola staring with her own glass of wine in her hand.

"Annoying bard..." she'd mumble before downing the full contents of her glass in one sitting.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 am

Clara was several kinds of surprised when Viola said that the meal was 'perfect'. She didn't get it...but that was good right!? "Oh thanks the gods..." She sighed with relief. Her relief only grew as Viola placed a hand on her arm. It was cold, but...it felt nice. Viola on the other hand, would notice just how warm Clara was.

Clara brightened once more as Viola mentioned getting ready for breakfast. "Mm!" She chirped, spinning on her heel. She only let out a small giggle at what Viola said next. Maybe...things wouldn't be so bad here?

--

Well...today had been exhausting. Honestly Clara felt so tired she just wanted to go to bed. She might end up sick if she kept pushing herself, but she needed this job. She needed The Mistress to like her. She need Viola to be pleased with her. She needed Ren to stop glaring at her. It's like every time she spoke Ren stared at her. She didn't understand why...Maybe she should ask Viola.

Almost as soon as she thought of the woman, she appeared. Clara turned the corner to see the her, standing with a glass of wine and mumbling something. She seemed...a little upset? Clara moved forwards carefully. "Um..Miss Viola? Is everything okay?" Viola would see Clara with her usual smile, though in the light she'd also see a small bruise had formed on the younger girl's cheek. Still, she took a step forward, noting the empty glass. "Would you like some company? I just finished my work."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:52 am