Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Post by Lilac Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm

When Corvus spoke, Hana couldn't help but blush. She didn't know why, but every time he spoke, she suddenly felt very nervous. Her nervousness subsided slightly when Fey made a small quip to which she chuckled.

"I think it'd be impossible not to befriend someone as sweet as you, Fey," Hana reassured before handing her a chocolate.

Corvus stood by his offer and told Hana not to feel bad about it, to which Hana softly smiled.

"If...if you really want me to have this then..." Hana murmured, her hands pressed together and near her mouth. "I guess I have no choice to accept."

She hovered over Corvus' hand, looking at it in wonder. She chuckled sheepishly.

"You know, if I hadn't known any better, I would have thought you were courting me with all these gifts," she said. "But I'll stop teasing. It's lovely. I just need to know how to..."

Hana took the bracelet gingerly in her hands, scared she would break it if she handled it too heavily. She tried to wrap it around her wrist, but it proved difficult with bandaged fingers.
    KitKet
    KitKet

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Post by KitKet Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

"Ah, Hana~ Yer mae favorite person ever." Fey cooed happily taking the chocolate and stuffing it in her mouth.

Hana would see a bright smile on Corvus' face as she accepted the gift. He seemed relieved, almost like he was sure she was going to reject it. "I appreciate it, thank you." He gave another smile before Hana up and killed him on the spot. She'd see the briefest of blushes appear on his face. He cleared his throat, and a bemused smile crept onto his face. "Well, I'd never outright SAY I was." He brought his hand up, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "Unless of course it was working?" He tilted his head slightly, his grin growing ever so slightly.

"I can officiate weddin's ya know." Fey suddenly piped up, nibbling at a cookie. Honestly it was amazing how much she was eating. "If ya wanna get married right now, I'm down." Suddenly she straightened up, looking up towards Hana. "Of course ya always could marry me. I'm definitely the better choice hands down."

Corvus' chuckled, but didn't argue further. Instead, he gently took Hana's hand and slid the bracelet onto her wrist. Oddly enough, the bracelet seemed quite flexible, the flowers shifting across her form quite easily. "There we go." He beamed, holding her hand for just a second longer before pulling away.
    "The set is complete."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 am

When Corvus actually rode on her quip, Hana's face almost turned as red as her wine-colored hair.

"H-hii...!"

She let out a little squeak before burying her hands in her face in embarrassment. Corvus would then feel a surprisingly strong punch to his arm.

"D-d-d-don't give me a heart attack like that!" she yelped with a flustered expression on her face. Her eyes would then widen in surprise and she'd hide her face again. "O-oh my goodness! I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't have done that! I don't know what came over me! A-after all...I teased you first..."

But Corvus would.

It was a face and a gesture Corvus would be all too familiar with in his youth. Whenever either Claudia or Sal teased or embarrassed her, they'd promptly receive a strong punch or kick in response. Perhaps it was her reflexes, it was hard to say.

She blushed a bit more, unable to keep eye contact with Corvus or Fey, so she instead focused on the bracelet which shimmered a kaleidoscope of colors.

"Th-thank you again for this..." she murmured. She then let out a soft chuckle. "I-I'm sorry...I just feel so giddy right now. These gifts are so wonderful...Th-that said, I-I wouldn't...I wouldn't say I was against such an idea...if you weren't joking..."

Corvus would notice Hana shaking and still pouting, her eyes darting away from him and her face still red.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 am

Corvus couldn't help but let out a laugh, even as his arm was punched quite hard. This reminded him of old times for sure. "Ow, hey you set me up in the first place." He beamed, happily having off her attempts at an apology. "It's fine Hana, there's no need to apologize."

He couldn't help but smile at her reactions, he missed them every time. Of course, this time, she hit him with a twist that made his head spin. He, himself, began to turn red. Well now he was stuck. Him joking would hurt her, but...he also didn't want to take advantage of her current state. That and, if something happened between them and she promptly forgot...

Well-

"O' he's not jokin.'" Fey suddenly piped up, staring straight into Corvus' eyes. It seemed Fey made the decision for them both. "Idiot's only like this with ya."

Corvus had to resist the urge to pick up Fey and throw her into the sun. "I-I can't possibly...erm..." How could he explain...'you have memory loss and it would probably just hurt you in the end?' When he fixed everything. When he figured out a way then maybe...but now?

Well now he wasn't sure what to say.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:09 am

Hana's face only seemed to glow even brighter, but upon seeing Corvus' hesitance, she managed a smile and then rubbed Fey's face upon seeing how huffy she was.

"Well, if it's a no, I can always take Fey's offer," she said with a sheepish giggle. "I could give you all the treats you want."

The wind would start to pick up and brush Hana's air in front of her face again. She laughed nervously.

"Besides, it would be odd if we...err...were together and I didn't know a single thing about you," she told Corvus as she scratched her cheek. "So what kind of work do you do, Mister Corvus?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 pm

"Yaaay!" Fey clapped her hands together before throwing them into the air happily. "I'll make a great wife, you'll see!" She beamed, giggling happily as Hana once again pet her. "Hey, it's not like I said no, Fey." Corvus was quick to interject. He knew Fey well enough to know she might just try it. "Well figure it out then. I'm not gonna wait that long." She crossed her arms, staring daggers at Corvus.

Hana's next words...well they  didn't sting as much as they did usually. That was either a good thing or a bad thing. Oh well. "A scavenger, mostly." He let it hang in the air a moment before grinning. "I delve into the ruins in Dearmad and deliver any valuables I find. Most are for scientific or archaeological reasons. Sometimes its for a collector. I also do some Mercenary work. Slaying Moira or corrupted beasts, things like that."

"As you can see, he's no storyteller." Fey sighed. "We're ADVENTURERS man! We've had so much cool stuff happen! GEEZ!" Fey waved her arms around as she spoke, flashing a few pictures of them outrunning traps in ruins and fighting together. "But SURE, BORE your potential wife."

Again she looked up, stars appearing in her eyes. "I'm definitely the more exciting one~"

Corvus raised a finger, muttering something under his breath. A tiny bead seemed to materialize and fly towards Fey. She spun, a tiny umbrella appearing in her hands, easily deflecting the bead. "HAH NICE TRY DOBBER!"

They stared at each other for a moment before suddenly going back to the conversation at hand. It was almost like the exchange never happened. "While we're learning about each other. There's not much to do here it seems. How do you fill your time?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Hana couldn't help but laugh as Fey and Corvus exchanged banter. The two seemed genuinely close and just the two of them arguing made Hana feel like she was witnessing something special. It felt nostalgic, almost. Whatever that was supposed to mean for Hana.

Corvus eventually explained what he did for a living. Fey coined them adventurers, and Hana looked at them in amazement.

"That sounds so fun!" she said. "I don't think I've ever been in Dearmad before. I don't know much about it, but a vast desert of ruins and wilderness must be really fun to explore. And also very dangerous! It's really kind of you two to dedicate your lives to helping people. You both must have really big hearts."

When Corvus asked in return what Hana often did here at the hospital, she gave a smooth shrug.

"N-not much, really," she said consciously touching her hair again. "I...I honestly don't know what I do around here. Maybe look at the flowers, talk to the other patients, have some tea, and I do a little gardening when they allow me to..."

She looked at Corvus and Fey sheepishly.

"Nothing as interesting as you two do, though..."

Hana touched the bracelet the two had given her thoughtfully.

"I'd like to think that if they ever let me out, I'd like to go on adventures someday , as well."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Both Corvus AND Fey tried not to make a face as she spoke of them and Dearmad. While she remembered its geography at least, she seemed to have no memory of being there. Well...Their time there hadn't been all sunshine and rainbows, maybe that was for the best for now.

"Well, that's not entirely true. We've only really been doing this for one pe-"

"Fey."

The incantus looked up into Corvus' eyes with a hard expression. There was a slight frown on Corvus' face, but his eyes told Fey all she needed to know. She didn't see the big idea though. Letting Hana know she had her very own prince charming(s) would probably make her feel very special. Sure, they had also been doing things for themselves and each other, but that ideal wasn't very romantic was it?

"Well, in the end I have some PRETTY hard tunnel vision. Dedicated that way yeah?" She winked with a wide smile. "Corvus is a softy, despite acting all tough." Corvus just sighed in response. Fey was so exhausting sometimes.

"Having a peaceful life isn't uninteresting, Hana." Corvus said softly. Thats what they all had wanted right? At least until Sal had died...He shook off the thought and smiled at Hana as she spoke once again. "Oh? What kind of adventure would you like?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Hana tilted her head curiously at what Fey was about to say, but Corvus cut her off. She also wasn't sure what Fey meant by tunnel vision, but the topic seemed to make the man uncomfortable, so Hana would decide to not probe the matter.

Instead, she focused on Corvus' next words. He'd see her visibly sadden, though she did try to maintain looking cheerful.

"Well..." she said. "A peaceful life and a lonely one are different things..."

Hana would shift a bit, moving away from Corvus so she could prop her knees up and hug her legs. Her eyes wouldn't meet with Corvus nor Fey's this time. Rather, she'd focus on the ground and start playing with one of the white dandelion fluffs.

"I was told earlier today by the doctors that I have poor memory," she said softly. "Apparently, I remember very little about my past and...I can't remember anything that happens with me within a day."

Her hand slowly uprooted the dandelion and brought it to her face. Her expression remained solemn.

"It's like a music box that rewinds at the end of every song and I'm the little ballerina in the middle with no companion," she said. "They urged me to keep a journal, but I see no point. I think if I put down my memories, they'd just make me sad, you know? The fact that I don't remember my joy, my pain...my love...it'd just make me so mad that they were lost to the faults of my own mind. It's why, at least today, I can say I desperately want to leave this place."

She'd wave the dandelion in her hand before blowing at it. The fluffs of seed would scatter with the wind.

"At least, if I lived a new day and didn't remember, it'd at least be different each time," she said. "One day in snow, one day in the forest. A new me to experience a new thing and never have to worry about the past, present or future. Just the now. A now I wasn't trapped in."

She smiled.

"Even if I don't have memories, though, I do have dreams. A lot of them are of Dearmad, actually. I see myself surrounded by five figures, though I can never see who they are," she said. "Friends, maybe. Family? I think. That, I think would be the best adventure of all if I could have it. Just...being together in the desert with friends."

She managed to look up at Corvus and Fey, despite her beaming smile, the sadness was there.

"You two must be so lucky to have that."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Both Fey and Corvus felt their hearts tightening as Hana spoke of what she wanted, of what she'd do if she could leave. Her fading memories and her feelings of those, and her dreams. By the end, tears had appeared on Fey's face. Corvus had just managed to keep himself steady, as hard as it was.

There would be a beat of silence. Corvus inhaled and-

"Would you like tae come with us then?" Fey sniffled, wiping her eyes. "Fey!" Corvus' eyes narrowed, but before he could say anything else Fey was quick to cut him off. "Of don't ya 'fey' me! I'll be damned if I let her suffer another day in this stupid place! Hana!" Fey snapped her eyes on her old friend.

"You want to leave right!? Me 'n Corvus can be yer friends! Every day until you get better!"

Corvus had been stunned into silence. Fey normally kept it together better than this...He was having a hard time not offering the same but...It was for the best that she remained here right? Until they could figure this out...Goddamn it Fey. He stayed silent, his face slowly paling. There was nothing he could say without outright hurting Hana or Fey. What was best here?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content