Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:47 am

"It is a lot," Hana giggled. "Honestly, if no one visited me, these would just be stacking up in my room. You can bring some with you if you want, when you go home."

As Fey started eating chocolates, a paper card would slip out from underneath the chocolates. It was written in flourished handwriting in what looked like blue ink.

Wishing for your speedy recovery always.
    -The Veiller Family

Fey then talked about how her friend, indeed, liked sweets but pretended not to. At this Hana would giggle.

"Aww, why wouldn't he want to admit he likes sweets?" she said. "Is he the shy kind? He has no reason to be shy around me, if ever. I'm sure he's a wonderful person!"

Hana would then place her hand over her brow and started to scope around the garden.

"Is he nearby?" she asked perkily.
    KitKet
    KitKet

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:35 am

"I 'spose I'll have tae visit you a lot more then yeah?" Fey grinned in between bites of chocolate. She eyed the card for a moment, but ignored it just as quickly. She didn't want THOSE memories to be brought up right now.

Fey giggled along with Hana as she questioned her about Corvus. "In a way I 'spose. Doesn't really like lettin' his guard down. Though I always break past it." She seemed quite proud of that face. She wasn't the first though...She knew that much.

When she looked around, Hana would spot a man just entering the doorway. He was dressed fairly casually. A light white shirt with a sash around the middle leading to brown pants and boots. The sleeves on the shirt were rolled up slightly. His face could be described as angelic looking if not for the bits of stubble and the golden, almost glowing, eyes. Perhaps devilish was a better word? He was holding something in his hands, but seemed to quickly hide it when she looked towards him. As their met eyes, the man seemed to freeze.

"Aye, there's Corvus." Fey sighed. He did this every single time...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:53 am

Hana looked at the doorway, and, for some odd reason, she felt her heart flutter. It wasn't just that the man looked rather dashing or anything, either. It was a familiar form of excitement that she just couldn't put her fingers on. Color rose to her cheeks, and Fey would notice a light in Hana's eyes that just hadn't been there before.

It took the girl a moment, but she would slowly raise her hand and wave at the stranger, gesturing for him to come over. She felt no need to say words, or rather, she couldn't find any words to say. She just hoped he wouldn't turn away.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:03 am

Fey looked between the two with a large smile. Hana's reaction was amazing! She loved the little light she got in her eyes. At the very least, there was familiarity.

Corvus took a small breath and moved forward. He tried not to be meek about it, but this was always hard for him. Even now, Hana looked as beautiful and full of life as ever, bandages or no that never changed. "I hope I am not disturbing anything?" He smiled a bit nervously. He was never sure how Hana was going to react here.

Fey watched the two silently, knowing better than to break this moment. For now, she was content to nibble on the chocolate piece she was holding.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 am

Hana sat, fixated on the person standing in the doorway. As he slowly approached, the bright feeling inside her seemed to only grow. When he was finally just right in front of them, he apologized, hoping he wasn't disturbing anything. Hana's eyes met with his, only seeming to light up with even more wonder as he spoke.

"No...not at all..." she murmured, dazed.

She looked away for a moment, brushing a piece of her hair away from her face, as she smiled. For some reason, her heart was throbbing heavily in her chest. It wasn't racing, but it just felt more noticeable. More there. She didn't know why, but she just did.

"Fey told me about you when she got here..." she said quietly. She'd then look back at him, shyly smiling. "Thank you for visiting. Mister...?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:48 am

The look on Hana's face put some color in even Corvus' cheeks. She always made it so hard for him to be composed. He pressed on though. Walking up and gesturing to the ground where they sat. "Mind if I join you?" He'd wait for an affirmation before sitting himself.

He let out a short laugh at her words. "I hope it was all good things." He glanced over at Fey, who simply stuck out her tongue and went back to eating. "Corvus...No last name, I'm afraid." He chuckled a moment, a small bundle of nerves hitting him in the gut. "Of course. From what I've heard, it can get lonely here. Least I can do right?" He grinned. "Ahh, I see Fey already gave you one of the gifts." He gestured idly at the crown. "It came with another, if you want the full set of course." He was beginning to relax, at least slightly now. The hardest part was seeing her at first...He'd gotten passed that hurdle.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:23 pm

"O-oh! Please do!" Hana said, itching a little to the side to give Corvus room in the makeshift picnic space she and Fey had.

As he sat down, he laughed at the remark of Fey talking about him. There was something endearing about the man's laugh. It's sincerity and the way his face lit up as he did told her that this was something he never got to do that much. There was also an air of sadness about it, as well, though Hana couldn't understand where such melancholy stemmed from.

Regardless, he introduced himself, to which she bobbed her head.

"Corvus..." she repeated, as if to retain it in her head. "That's like the bird, isn't it?"

He then remarked on her crown, to which Hana actually flushed. Something about the man focusing on her specifically made her cheeks burn. Maybe it was his voice, or the way his piercing yellow eyes seemed to steadily look at her, but regardless, she managed a small smile.

"Ah, yes..." she said touching it consciously. "It's absolutely beautiful...! I don't understand why I'd deserve such a thing. I really appreciate it."

Corvus mentioned, though, a second gift, to which she tilted her head.

"Another?" she asked.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 pm

As Hana spoke, Corvus idly reached out for one of the sweets. Fey was quick to snatch it up. He hesitated and went for another, she snatched it as well, stuffing both in her mouth. Corvus let out a small sigh and idly began to reach for more as he spoke. "Spot on! Exactly like the bird." At this point, Fey's mouth was stuffed full and she had gathered as many sweets as her arms could hold. With a grin Corvus reached out a finger and simply tapped her forehead. Fey fell over dramatically, her horde now splayed out on Hana's laugh. Corvus laughed once more before finally claiming his prize. A simple cookie was all her had wanted in the end.

Definitely worth the effort.

"A name I earned actually. Was quite the scavenger growing up." Fey seemed to perk up at this. Corvus was never one to go on about his past. She liked hearing the stories, truth be told. "But, I won't bore you with decade old stories." As he spoke, a small raincloud appeared over Fey's head. She let out a melancholy sigh and threw herself back dramatically, rolling across Hana's lap as she let out a disappointed sigh. Of course the rain coming from the cloud didn't effect Hana, but Fey, herself, looked like she was getting soaked.

Corvus took one long look at her before looking back at Hana and sighing. "Don't worry about Fey, she's dramatic like this sometimes." "Only when yer bein' boring! I set ya up to be the most interestin' and you SQUANDER IT!"

Corvus chuckled before just up and moving on the conversation. "You deserve more to be honest..." Corvus spoke, that hint of sadness creeping into his voice. "Until then~" He said, chipper once again. "These gifts will have to do." He pulled out his own gift. It was a bracelet, quite similar to the crown. Flowers were interwoven into each other and, like the crown, the sounds of water could be heard within. A small difference would make it self known immediately. On the top of the bracelet, the flowers circled around a Gem Stone. It was beautiful to look at, with many different colors almost seeming to shift around. It hadn't been easy for Corvus to get a hold of, but in the end, even if it didn't do much for Hana's health. Maybe it would make her smile.

Last edited by KitKet on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Hana couldn't help but giggle at the little teasing Corvus had for Fey. Despite their bickering, the two did seem rather close to one another. She'd let out another peal of laughter as Fey draped herself over Hana's lap, seemingly sad.

"Poor thing," she said using a finger to gently stroke Fey's head.

It wasn't long though before Corvus revealed the second gift. The brilliant play of lights caused Hana to close one of her eyes as it reflected in the sunlight. However, once she could look at it without squinting, she covered her mouth in surprise.

"Oh, Mister Corvus..." she breathed out as she looked at it even more. "I...I couldn't possibly accept this..."

She looked at Corvus, her light pink eyes staring deeply into his.

"This looks like something someone really special to you has to have," she murmured. She touched her arm consciously. "I-I'd feel bad taking it."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:39 am

Fey beamed as Hana stroked her head. She reached up, hugging against Hana's hand briefly. The clouds parted over her and Fey was quick to dry out. At least sOMEONE cares!" Despite her words, she seemed quite pleased.

Of course, she quieted down once again as Corvus revealed his gift. Just as hard to make as the crown, even harder to embed the gemstone right. They both hoped it could do SOMETHING for Hana, but it was still a thin hope in the end. At the very least, they were giving her something a little more permanent than just flowers.

At Hana's words, Corvus just didn't know what to say. How could he explain that she WAS special to him? She didn't remember anything, and trying to always seemed to hurt her. He didn't want to see her in pain ever again. It would be selfish for him to try and force her to remember while she was in this state. If she would just forget it, he would be causing her to suffer for no reason. He knew better.

"Well...I don't think anyone in the world deserves this more than you." He spoke, leaning back slightly. "Someone kind enough to instantly befriend Fey is definitely one of a kind." Fey perked up, her face deadpanning towards Corvus at that line. "Oi, what's THAT supposed tae mean? I'm EASY tae get along with!"

"Please, don't feel bad. I'd like you to have it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content