Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] - Page 4 Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:21 am

"Gah!"

Valen jumped and rolled to the side right before his chair smashed against the ceiling.

"Well I didn't want to agree to it, but your father was worried you'd never find a man on your own. Now I see why."

"Oi oi!" Fable chirped in. "Name the first son after me~!"

"Sure, but she doesn't have the hips to birth a boy," Valen stated, looking at Fable, flashing him a thumbs up. "But we'll name it Fablina if it's a girl."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] - Page 4 Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 am

Liseran's eyes grew only wider and her pout even sharper as Valen continued on with the tirade. This time, another glyph would form and Valen would have to dodge three giant shards of ice jutting from underneath the ground.

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:37 am

"HAH!"

Valen jumped and rolled on the ground, narrowly dodging each ice shard before stopping at a crouch.

"Oi oi! This is somebody else's house isn't it??" Valen exclaimed. "Ah.... mother, father, I'm sorry your son ended up with such a troublesome woman..." Valen said solemnly as if apologizing to his parents for bringing a delinquent girlfriend home.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:35 am

Liseran bared her teeth and was ready to attack Valen again. This time she sent a fireball Valen's way. Valen would barely have any time before a force yanked him backwards and a wall of water emerged in front of him. The fire made contact and turned into steam.

The person casting the water wall was a tall woman. She wore a blue and green outfit that took on the form of a modified robe with the sleeves being off-shouldered. Net-like material served stockings and gloves while slits at the side of her robes revealed shorts and slender blue boots. Her skin was fair with a pinkish tinge to it and her eyes were an aquamarine color. Her hair trailed down behind her back while part of it was tied in a half-moon decorated only by a comb ornament with a cluster of hyndrangeas.

"Well, if I didn't think you had your mother's temper," the woman stated, her voice low and husky.

She'd wave her arms casually and have the water spiral until it was close to nothing.

Liseran's eyes widened and she covered her mouth.

"C-Claudia," she squeaked. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to--"

The woman raised a hand and sighed.

"Save it," she said. "You casting spells violently isn't my main concern."

The woman would then turn to Valen, instantly glaring at him.

"Who are you, young man, and why are you bullying my goddaughter?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 am

Valen's eyes widen as a fireball charged at him. He couldn't dodge because it'll really cause damage to the house. He was preparing a spell when a force yanked him back and before he could react, steam was blown at his face. When he straightened himself, he saw a tall woman in his way. He only had a moment to register the scene before it hit him.

"Ah..."

Valen stood up, rubbing the back of his head. He had a tired and disgruntled expression at the turn of events but calmly spoke.

"Valen," he introduced himself. "And you're... Claudia."

Valen placed a hand over his heart and bowed his head. "I'm sorry for causing damage to your household. I was merely having my jest."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:31 am

When the boy introduced himself, the woman snapped her fingers excitedly.

"Oh! you're the vampire!" she said happily. Looking at him closer, she grinned and rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "Liseran, you never told me he looked this good! Of course your dad is going to approve of your union."

"A-a-a-a-a-aunt Claudia!!!" Liseran shrieked in embarrassment.

"Easy, easy!" Claudia grinned as she raised her hands up. "I was only joking! Anyways, I understand what's going on now."

Claudia would look back to Valen and offer her hand to shake.

"Claudia Agapito," she greeted. "A pleasure to meet you, Valen. Thank you for helping out Liseran and little Remi over here."

She looked around and then arched an eyebrow.

"Hey, where is Remi?"

"Over here!"

Remi had taken cover under the table, most likely to be spared from Liseran's attack. She soon came out and grinned nervously.

"I just knew Liseran was mad so I hid," she explained.

"Clever girl."

When Claudia looked back at Liseran, the girl was still red. Her shoulders were hunched and her arms were at her side. Even more concerning, Liseran's eyes were teary and her mouth remained in a pout. Claudia sighed and moved over to her, placing a hand on her head and petting her soothingly.

"Now, now, don't be so upset," Claudia said softly. "I'm sure Valen over here just wanted to lighten up your mood. You're always so uptight, after all. Isn't that right, Valen?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 am

Valen blinked and averted his gaze to the side.

"I don't know what you're talking about."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am

Liseran's cheeks puffed again, but Claudia suppressed a giggle.

"A real kidder, that one, isn't he?"

"Unbearably so," Liseran said huffily.

Claudia would pet Liseran's head again, and Valen would notice that Liseran was visibly relaxing from the gesture. It was almost like an agitated cat or rabbit being soothed of their nerves by the power of touch.

"You finish up washing. I'll keep this guy off your case for the time being," Claudia said reassuringly. "Remi?"

Remi straightened up in place.

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"It's time for your bath."

The little girl saluted.

"Yes, Ma'am!"

The girl scurried away and rushed up the stairs. It was strange how in the few seconds, Claudia managed to get the situation under control and appease both difficult girls. Crossing her arms, she looked at Valen and smiled.

"Walk with me for a moment, will you?" she said.

She'd gesture for Valen to follow her out the kitchen's backdoor. It would lead to a small garden patch in the back and a small pathway. The moon shone high above them and emitted a pale yellow glow against the series of bushes, produce, and trees in the garden. Claudia stretched her arms and would start walking along the stone pathway.

"You have to forgive Liseran," she said. "That one tends to be wound too tight. I blame her dad for that."

She looked back at Valen.

"What are your thoughts on her, by the way?"

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 am

"... What exactly do you mean?" Valen asked plainly.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am

"Well, I mean what do you think of Liseran in general," Claudia repeated as she stretched her arms. "After all, you seem to be going a long way for the little girl. Might as well know how much you're willing to put up with the other person willing to go a long way for the little girl. That, and..."

Claudia examined her nails disinterestedly.

"You did just tease her on the tenth level about marrying her," she said. "I just want to know where the two of you stand."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:16 pm