Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:50 am

Valen's eyes shifted to the side, unable to meet the gaze of the small child.

"Well, I did say something like that..." Valen admitted reluctantly. "Although, you wouldn't want to leave Liseran alone, would you? Besides, you seem to be learning so much from her."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Slightly Unorthodox Things [closed]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:59 am

Remi relaxed back into her chair.

"Weell...I guess..." she said. "But I want to help find Mama! If we all went together that would work right?"

At this, Liseran shook her head.

"Remi, you know that's far too dangerous. And even if I wanted to, I have to be available just in case the Haven needs something."

"But didn't Will say you needed to get out of town before your father finds out and you get grounded again?"

Liseran's skin instantly went red and she squeaked.

"I-I wasn't grounded! I'm not a little kid!"

Remi arched an eyebrow at Liseran.

"Being locked in your room and only coming down the stairs for dinner sure sounds like it though."

"E-eat your veal!"

Liseran started ducking her head, steam seemingly coming out of her ears.

Remi cut a piece of meat and took a bit before looking at Valen.

"By the way, Valen, did you hear? There's been rumors about vampires lately!"

"Ah...guess you'll finally be reunited with your family eh?" Liseran said still blushing with crossed arms.

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:13 pm

"Mm. What a joyous occasion," Valen said in deadpan monotone. "I'll be sure to ask them to help you find your garden gnome village so you can be with your kind too."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 am

Liseran's cheeks puffed at the insult and she had half the urge to kick Valen in the shin. She refrained, however, and merely started cutting her food rather viciously.

"Anyways, Valen, they say that vampires are about!" Remi said excitedly. "In Saoirse, a lot of people have turned up dead and they're particularly noted for being bloody and having bite marks on their neck."

Remi pointed at her neck for emphasis.

"They say if you go out on a foggy night, that's when they get you and--"

"Remi, who told you all this stuff?" Liseran said with concern.

"Well, Mayari did! She said that on her last mission with Rory, they had to deal with an investigation and vampires were being rumored."

Liseran frowned.

"Well, take their word with a grain of salt. It's just rumors plus I don't think you'd fare well to talk about scary things before sleep."

"But it's still earlyyyy," Remi whined. She then looked at Valen's shadow, stabbing a piece of grilled sausage with a fork and waving it around. "Besides, I want to play with Valen and Fable for awhile. You'll play, right, Fable? I have sausages~!"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:50 am

"I'm not a pet you feed scraps to!"

Fable stretched out along an opposite wall.

"Still, vampires eh... nah, it can't be that," Fable muttered under his breath, being even my cryptic than usual. "But vampires, hm? The immortal but souless men who sustain their eternal lives with the blood of mortals. This could be interesting."

Fable, who remained uncharacteristically silent during dinner was suddenly very talkative.

"Hey hey, what else did they say?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:36 am

"More for me then," Remi shrugged before biting the sausage in half.

"Remi! Reasonable bites!" Liseran scolded.

Remi scowled and downed some water before swallowing. She was surprised to see Fable gaining some interest, but decided to humor him instead of pointing it out. If she did, he might retreat and go back into his metaphorical shell.

"Well, Rory was in Saoirse to see the rebel scene there," she said. "And apparently there had been a series of murders and missing people from a noble household. People said they had stab wounds, but also bite marks, so it could be vampires, right?"

"Vampires are a myth at best," Liseran said before sipping on her water. "They're just an allegorical symbol for corrupted or cursed Walpurgis that became out of proportion. I don't see how vampires would sustain life from blood when we focus on magical energies."

"But then why would they be bit?" she asked. She then turned to Valen and Fable. "You two have seen vampires right? You go on lots of adventures!"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm

"Mm. Can't I ever have," Valen stated bluntly. "I've met dangerous warlocks and witches with similar abilities, but nothing like the tales of the no-life rulers. Not even so much as passing rumors. They're not even among the tales Fable has collected in his little book. Right?"

Valen gave a short glance at his shadow but paused and looked back longer. Fable remained stretched along the wall, seemingly just staring in silence.

".... Yeah," Fable confirmed with a nod. "Nothing that can be called a vampire exists right now. But still, this could make an interesting tale. If we end up in Saoirse, we should see what we can learn."

Valen stared at his shadow with narrowed eyes but quickly focused back to his meal.

"So on top of being a rebellious daughter,  you've taken to kidnapping children," Valen remarked. "You're setting a fine example, hm? I will refrain from remarking how protein heavy this meal is with a lack of vegetables and palette cleansers."

Even though he just said it out loud.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 am

"Oh! Can I go with you if you do go to Saoirse?" Remi said excitedly. "I heard it's really pretty there! Lots of fancy houses, artwork littering the street, people in fancy and frilly dresses like Liseran always has..."

Liseran flushed.

"H-hey! I don't own fancy clothing!" she said flustered.

"Your closet's full of frilly stuff and petticoats," Remi said plainly. "I don't know why you don't use them, they look really nice compared to your librarian clothes."

Liseran puffed her cheeks and bit down hard on a piece of steak.

"Th-those things are really stuffy!" Liseran murmured. "And my clothes are typical mage clothes! Why do people keep saying I look like a librarian!? And this is off-topic! You're not randomly going on an adventure with Valen and Fable!"

Remi puffed her cheeks.

"Yes, Lise," she sighed.

Remi started pushing at the peas and carrots on her plate. Relatedly, Valen remarked on Liseran being an example for Remi and the lack of vegetables in the meal. Contrasting her typical formal demeanor, Liseran's cheeks puffed up and she looked at Valen with childlike indignation. Valen would promptly feel Liseran kick at his shin.

"Y-you're one to talk about nutrition!" she whined. "You're as pale as a...a snowman! You obviously lack meat in your own diet!"

"Also, Liseran hates brussel sprouts," Remi whispered.

"I heard that!"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:11 am

Valen observed the little exchange silently but brought a fist up to his mouth and stifled a cough.

"Which one's the adult, hm?" Valen muttered.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:34 am

Valen would notice Liseran's eyes widen at the remark. Her face turned red and her mouth sharply turned into a pout. The next thing Valen would notice was Liseran lowering down in her chair and a sharp pain to his shin as her square heel made contact with it.

Whether or not he'd react, she'd straighten back up in her seat, acting poised again and pat her mouth. She then took another piece of steak.

"Brussel sprouts taste horrible," she said primly. "But don't worry, Remi, you still have peas and carrots you need to finish."

"Yes, Liiise!"

Remi then lit up and realized something.

"Oh, Valen! Do you want to go with us tomorrow? Liseran's taking me to see Granny Claudia!"

Valen would hear a choking sound as Liseran gagged and hurriedly chased her meal with water.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am