Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed] - Page 4 Empty Re: Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Post by Lilac Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 am

"Oho, anything you'd want to learn about Princess Eala doesn't exist," Theo said with a small chuckle. "Don't you know she burned a bunch of palace records in Eisleyn? There was a whole bonfire and everything. Besides, even if there was, it'd be in the lower quarters."

He would go over to one of the books and pull it out. Flipping through the pages, he'd show Cassima the picture of a dark green serpent like creature with yellow eyes eating what looked like a giant golden sphere.

"You're right about creatures, though," he said. "This is where a lot of the records of Incantus and corrupted beast go through. While a lot of sources are up in the general area for hunters and students, these ones stay down here because they're the ones written by Walpurgis a long time ago. And we know how much those people loved Incantus, right? So a lot of these tackle Walpurgis culture and beliefs, and the library would rather have those stay private."
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed] - Page 4 Empty Re: Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Post by Sunnivale Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 am

"Why am I not surprised that she would burn the papers to tatters." Cassima sulked as Theo began to flip through a book and showed her a picture of a serpent eating a golden sphere.

Which she could relate too, but kept quiet as Theo talked about the creatures to Cassima as she stood behind him and listened in what he was saying. "I see." Cassima slightly muttered as she continued to keep quiet so she can continue to listen to Theo.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 pm

"For instance, this picture here," Theo said pointing at the moon-like serpent. "That one is known as a Moon Eater. It was one of the Greater Incantus who was believed to be responsible for the eclipse. Of course, it turned out it was a lie and it just took up part of the sky. It's one of the Incantii killed during the wall. But yeah, that's actually not why I showed you this place."

Theo would shove the book into Cassima's hand and keep walking forward.

"The thing is, the Archives is responsible not just for keeping books and artifacts," he said slowly. "But also monsters. And it's why it's crucial you know how to fight. Especially if you'll be fulfilling out Mademoiselle Cinq's request."

When he said this, he smirked, as if he was suggesting he knew fully well what had occurred at Mirai's house.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Cassima's eyes was fixated on the picture of the moon serpent. "It's beautiful." She admired the picture before Theo suddenly shoved the book onto Cassima's hand.

"Oof." Cassima said as she followed Theo further into the library.

But she stopped when he left an implication about Cassima's little...Talk with Mirai.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She pressured Theo for answers.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 pm

"Oh, just that the little blonde was willing to pay you a handsome reward if you helped her access a document," he said with a smooth shrug. "Though, I had to ask her why she didn't ask me to do so. Her reasons were pretty sound. You're new here so even if you did something, it wouldn't appear as damaging. I have a lot to lose, but you're literally starting from the ground up, right?"

Theo would pull out another book from the shelves before carelessly tossing it onto a table. Casting a light blue mark, he'd have it open to another page full of monsters and gesture for Cassima to peer in it. There would be pictures of Cartic marks and corrupted beasts. At the top of the page was the heading "Cartic Binding: Defense Against Free Magic".

"If you get kicked out, Mirai could easily just place you in a new school," he said. "Or persuade that since you're new here that you weren't aware of the rules. If it were me or anyone else, it'd be trickier. She already has the board in the palm of her hands, after all. Though I am curious, what exactly did she offer you? Money? A job? Maybe a date with a cute blonde boy?"

At the last part, he offered a small and playful wink.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm

"Oh...That." Cassima was still mixed about the idea of stealing the document for Mirai's sake, and she was even more mixed now that Theo was aware of Mirai's plan and how she wanted to drag Cassima into it. Although he guessed about what would happen if Cassima stole the document and got caught in the process, and Cassima wouldn't be surprised if it was Theo that was the one that turned her in.

"Like that will happen. I do not wish to be put in another school just because Mirai was the one that kicked me out, all for a measly document that's probably not important. Even if she basically controls the board." Cassima crossed her arms in anger and pouted as she looked at the book that Theo threw at her.

And then he asked what reward Mirai would give her in return.

"Charming." Cassima said sarcastically.

"But no...It's nothing important and it won't happen again." Cassima peered back into the book after looking at Theo for a minute.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:45 am

Theo shrugged nonchalantly as Cassima brushed off his remarks. As she read the book, she would notice chapters on marks and how to counter Cantus magic.

Binding is a key element of defense against Cantus magic. Unlike Cantus magic which would rely on binding individuals from the outside, Cartic magic has the ability to nullify Cantus and suppress magical ability. Using the following marks, one can create a glyph that can be used to seal Cantic magic.

"Those marks there are some basic binding spells when you're faced with a Cantus user," Theo said from where he was as he readied another door open. "You'll want to borrow that if you're around here. We've had incidences where we had to deal with Incantus or troublesome Walpurgis."

He stretched and leaned against the wall, yawning.

"Don't you think things would be better if Walpurgis were just not a problem at all? Uncle should have kept those execution laws in years back."
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:03 am

Cassima read the book silently to the point that she went. "Shush!" To Theo when she interrupted her reading. She enjoyed reading that book and wished to keep it if she could, despite the fact that she's in a restricted area of the Archives and someone else more important would probably want the book then her.

"Are you sure?" Cassima looked back to Theo.

"Isn't it stealing if I take this book without permission for someone that works here?" Cassima asked, before letting it slide on how she tolerated Theo's view on the Walpurgis.

"Someone that doesn't have prejudice against the Walpurgis?"
    Cassima snapped back.

"No, I don't...And those laws were as barbaric as the ruler I had in Eislelyn, if I would like to call her that. Because she did not deserve such a title." Cassima closed the book shut and help it tight around her arms, waiting to see what she should do with it after Theo responds.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 pm

"Nah, it's not stealing," Theo said. "You can properly borrow that. Librarian perks, you know?"

Hearing Cassima snapping at his remark about Walpurgis, Theo arched an eyebrow. While it wasn't rare for Aldmerrians and other people to be a little more sympathetic to Walpurgis, the same couldn't be said about Eislenians.

O-ho, let alone, talk about the Eislenian princess in such a manner!

"Interesting perception on things..." Theo said with an amused smile. "I'm guessing you were never told to hold your tongue lest you be beheaded by anyone within earshot, eh?"

Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 am

"Oh?" Cassima was surprised as she looked down at the book.

"Really?" She decided to keep the book because of her perks. Although now that the issue regarding Cassima and the book was resolved. Theo then tried to get Cassima to remind her of a certain saying.

"Oh, I haven't heard that enough." Cassima sighed.

"I heard it a lot back in Eislelyn. It happens so much there that it's basically a law. In fact i'm not surprised if that's the princess certain motto." She explained. Theo probably get who she's referring to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:46 am