Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Post by Lilac Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Yoshi rubbed her chin thoughtfully. She had expected given Cassima's acceptance into Cartic school, she'd at least have some semblance of competent capability. She supposed that she was being trained was alright, but that didn't put the librarian at total ease.

"I see," she said. "Well, training or not, I suppose I can't let you venture around unsupervised and unprotected then."

Unprotected from what? Paper cuts?

Yoshi would beckon Cassima to follow her out of the room. She'd move over to some of the bookshelves where a boy stood on a ladder arranging books. He was wearing a blue librarian coat, a black vest and trousers was. His hair was a brilliant golden wheat color and his eyes a navy blue, giving away possible Saoirsian descent. His hair was short and swept to the back, although tufts of hair forming curving bangs fell on his forehead. He looked about Cassima's age or slightly older.

"Theo," Yoshi would call out.

The boy would look up and smile brightly.

"Librarian Yoshi," he greeted as he leapt off of the ladder with a thud.

Yoshi scowled.

"What did I say about jumping?" she said in a low voice. "It's reckless and noisy."

The boy named Theo would shrug sheepishly and grin.

"My bad, Librarian Yoshi," he said. "I promise you next time I'll jump with the grace of feather."

"I'd rather you not jump at all," she retorted. She sighed and gestured towards Cassima. "Here. This is Cassima Addington. She'll be shadowing you for the meantime. Teach her the ropes and keep her out of trouble. Especially during filing hours in the lower quarters."

The boy would look at Cassima, his eyes lighting up with interest as he leaned forward to inspect her.

"Assistant librarian Cassima, eh?" he said. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I promise to do my best to be your mentor!"

With this he made an extravagant bow. Yoshi rolled her eyes.

"Just deal with her," she said. "I have a lot to do. Madame Cinq for some reason is demanding several records and it'll be hell taking them from the lower levels."

"Oh? What records does she want?"

"It's none of your business," she said. "Now, I'm leaving."

With that, Cassima would watch as Yoshi left without so much a goodbye. Theo stretched out his arms and placed them behind his back. He made a low whistle.

"She's cranky today," he said. "She didn't try biting your head off, did she?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Post by Sunnivale Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:37 am

"Is it easy to get lost in this place?" Cassima would want to admit that this place was mighty big and she wouldn't be surprised if new people like her would get easily lost in these archives. Regardless, she follows Yoshi from behind until they would reach the man that would supervise Cassima for now.

A man named Theo, who was scolded when he jumped from the ladder. "I'm sure he didn't mean it, he was trying his best to be quiet." Cassima tried to defend Theo, who introduced himself as Cassima smiled to him. "It's nice to meet you too Theo." She bowed to Theo as Yoshi left in a huff.

"Is she always like this?" Cassima turned back towards Theo. "Because I must admit, she did sort of tried to bite off my head. Not literally of course, but figuratively." Cassima quickly explained her dissatisfied annoyance with Yoshi.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:17 am

"You're refreshingly honest," Theo observed. "That's a surprise. Also, pay no mind to her. She thinks that unless all librarians were like her, the library would be perfect. Buuut that's her own little delusion."

Theo shrugged, smiling brightly.

"That said, I'll show you around," he said.

As he started walking forward, he gave pause. "Addington, eh?" he said. "That name's familiar. I think cousin Lise mentioned you. Do you know a Liseran Dormirse by any chance?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Cassima shrugged. "You have to be honest if you want to get by in this world, and also not make unnecessary friends." Cassima said as she started to follow Theo further into the library, smiling again. "Thank you." She thanked Theo for showing her around.

And then he revealed that Liseran was his cousin.

"Oh, I met her just awhile ago, at th---Cassima realised that she couldn't reveal that as nobody wanted to know what happened at the Sky Garden that day leak out. "We met at the village. We were shopping for the same thing." Cassima lied, although she felt bad for lying after admitting that she's brutally honest.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 pm

"Ah, so you are the same Cassima then," Theo said slowly. "It's nice to hear cousin Lise has been making friends. Heavens know she's needs to proper kind and not those witch freak delinquents she consorts with."

Despite the slur, Theo's tone held no resentment or disgust, just carelessness. As he finished tidying up the books, he'd lead Cassima to another door, a little taller than the one of the room Yoshi had led her in. Made of oak and engraved with intricate marks in Carta, Theo lifted his own bracelet and unlocked the door.

"You mentioned to Yoshi a bit about combat," he said. "What fighting skills do you have so far?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 pm

"Y-Yeah, you know about th---However Cassima stopped when Theo mentioned witch delinquent freaks. "What freaks?" She asked Theo who quickly changed the subject by asking Cassima about her fighting skills, seeing as how she already mentioned them to Yoshi.

"Oh, there good at best. I had someone teach me a little bit about sword combat." Cassima boasted. "I'm pretty good when it comes to sword fighting now." She continued to boast a bit.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:40 am

Theo grinned.

"Ah, sword fighting!" he said enthusiastically. "A classic! I was taught a bit of swordsmanship myself. We should make a great team, then~."

Theo gave Cassima a small wink. As the door opened, Cassima would find another long hallway of books once more. The difference? This area was dimly lit with yellow lanterns and in contrast to the bustling main room of the archives, it was eerily quiet and abandoned. As the door closed behind them, Theo yawned.

"I'm going to have to apologize in advanced," he said cryptically. He raised his bracelet. This time, a red gem glowed. In the distance, Cassima would see a flash of red and hear a creaking door in the distance open.

Cassima would then hear the sound of hollow footsteps. The room would become cold and the lanterns started flickering out. The smell of amaranth and rosemary would fill her nostrils and in the distance she would see a tall figure in wispy white robes with long dark hair. It was about as tall as the bookshelves and its long arms ended in what looked like talons.

"But I think the best way I can test you is to put you right to it," he said.

Cassima would feel a gust of wind behind her, and if she turned around, Theo was gone. The figure in front of her started walking towards her. It's long dark hair swaying as it limped towards her. Cassima would hear something akin to crying. The figure would then raise its head, showing a face that had no nose, two beady black eyes, and a torn mouth. As it made eye contact with Cassima, it a large shriek would resonate in the room as it started charging towards her.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:33 am

Cassima remained quiet as Theo had dodged her question regarding Liseran as he said that him and her would make a great team now that he knows that Cassima has taken up sword fighting, however he soon apologised, which puzzled her.

"Sorry, for what?" She asked...But then a figure soon appeared at the other end of the hall as Cassima was confused. "Uh...T-Theo?" She turned, and found that Theo has gone and has put her in a test of sword ship. Cassima quickly took out her dagger, knowing that it will probably not help her fight off the enemy, but she needed to do something before the enemy gets to her.

Speaking of which, the figure soon charged towards Cassima, who tried to dodge. "YAH!" She tried to slash into the figure. "I'll get you for this Theo for suddenly thrusting me into this situation!" Cassima cursed Theo's name as she waited to see what the enemy will do next.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:04 pm

What Cassima would feel upon stabbing the woman was cold misty air and the buzz of Cartic marks. Her dagger and arm pretty much went through as the woman leaned over her. Within a few seconds, the figure shook and puffed into icy fog.

Cassima would hear another scream coming from her left this time. It was the same woman and it was once again charging at her.

"Looks like steel doesn't work," Theo's voice called out. If Cassima looked up, he was lying sideways on the top of a bookshelf, watching her in amusement as he rested is head against his hand. "What are you going to do now?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Cassima breathed heavily as the woman vanished in icy fog...Until she reappeared by her left again. Cassima wasn't sure what to do when Theo asked, she was about to ask for his help...

When she realised something. Her only mark that she has could be helpful in this situation.

Quickly Cassima tried to think of the fire mark as she tried to summon a small fire to her left so the woman can walk into it and perhaps get hurt by Cassima's attack. Cassima tried her best to use the fire mark.

"GRR, COME ON."
    She yelled, knowing that she broke a rule in doing so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 pm