Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed] Empty Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Post by Lilac Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:44 am

Today would mark Cassima's first day at the library. Considering the events with Mirai, it was surprising the blonde little thing hadn't come 'round to pester Cassima to give an answer to her request. Liseran had been oddly out of loop as well and Cassima would rarely see the girl on campus grounds. There was rumor she had been brought out of town in order to visit an aunt in Janwynne.

With that said, on her first day Cassima would find herself at the wing of the academy leading to the archives. The large wooden doors would open upon her approaching and she'd find herself in a hallway full of bookcases that reached to the ceiling fifteen feet above her. The librarians wore waistcoats of different colors, namely blue, red, and yellow. Cassima herself would have been issued a yellow waistcoat and a green skirt as a third-assistant librarian. She had been instructed ahead of time to ask for First Librarian Yoshi, who would often be sitting at the reception's desk. At the moment, the person at the reception's desk was a tan girl with blonde hair and green eyes. She wore a blue coat and had charmed several quills to jot down on parchment as she read what looked like a Cartic scroll.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Of Dust and Parchment [Closed] Empty Re: Of Dust and Parchment [Closed]

Post by Sunnivale Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 am

Cassima was excited to start her first day at her new job. She loved libraries and she was still amazed that she was going to a place similar to one as she approached the door to the archives, thinking about her job. "I can't wait to meet everyone, like...Yoshi." She also wondered about Mirai and the fear that she could be around to pester her some more.

If the rumours aren't true that is.

"I haven't seen Mirai in awhile. Maybe she really did leave to see her aunt?" Cassima soon reached the door, and as she reached for it...It opened by itself, causing her to gasp as she looked around in amazement. "Enchanting." She approached the reception desk, where Yoshi was supposed to be, instead, there was a tan girl...With a blue waistcoat. Why does she get blue while Cassima get's yellow? Her least favourite colour.

Maybe if she gets into Yoshi's good books, she could get the blue waistcoat, but for now, she approached the girl and called to her very, very quietly. "Psst." She called to the girl. "Are you First Librarian Yoshi?" She asked the girl, hoping her very quiet voice would get her attention.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 am

"That's not a very formal way of asking questions," the librarian assistant said.

She hadn't lifted her eyes. Rather, she turned the page of her book and kept reading. After a moment, she looked at her. Cassima would notice the silver quality of her irises. Coupled with her sharp eyebrows and disapproving glance, she could come off as disapproving the newbie.

"Yes, I am Yoshi," she said. "I take it you're Miss Addington."

Creating a summon mark for summoning, a small drawer behind Yoshi would open and a paper slip would fly into her hand. She squinted.

"Cassima...it seems," she said.

Like a conductor, Yoshi would create a small "zip!" motion with her hands and the quills and papers moving about her would stop and organize themselves in place. Tiny Cartic marks glowed on them and faded out. Yoshi stood up.

"Welcome to your first day at the Archives," she said. "Before we start, I'd like to ask if you have an idea of what you'll be doing here. Care to tell me?"

At this, Yoshi raised an eyebrow, as if expecting that whatever answer Cassima gave would most likely be an unsatisfactory one.
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 pm

"I know, I just wanted to be quiet since places like this are supposed to be quiet." Cassima explained as the librarian revealed herself. It seems she was Yoshi and by the looks of it. She seemed very strict regarding her job, although she welcomed Cassima since it was her first day...

She asked what Cassima was supposed to be doing on her job as she quickly tried to think about the purpose of her job...

And she got it!

"Yes, Cassima Addington. Yes i'll be a librarian assistant during my time here."
    Cassima explained as she slightly bowed to introduce herself to Yoshi.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:33 am

"I meant if you knew what your function was going to be," Yoshi said rolling her eyes. "Never mind. Follow me."

Yoshi would bring Cassima to a door in a wall space that was not invaded by a shelf of books, and she opened it to reveal an office of sorts and dressing area where people placed on their coats. From a desk drawer, Yoshi pulled out a silver bangle with colored stones on it. She'd ask Cassima to open her wrist.

"This is going to serve as your 'keys'," Yoshi said. "As of now, you only have access to doors that have green stones as their locks. "I'll be teaching you how to unlock them in a bit, but first, I have to know what you've learned so far during your stay at the academy. Are you familiar with basics yet? Can you even cast a Cartic mark?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:52 am

After a minute of being quiet, Cassima tried to guess her function, feeling worried that she will make her new boss upset. "Uhh, assisting the librarian will be my function?" Cassima guessed as she followed Yoshi. Fortunately it wasn't about that anymore so Cassima didn't have to worry as she was given her bangle.

"Looks amazing." She looked back at Yoshi, who asked her if she was familiar with basic cartic marks. "Yes in fact, I can cast a few weak marks, such as a small fire mark that I used to get myself out of a pinch a few moons ago." Cassima lifted up her finger.

"If you like, I could try and use the mark to prove my worth?" Cassima asked as she clasped her hands.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 pm

The creases on Yoshi's forehead deepened at Cassima's attempt to describe what her function was going to be. She refrained from belittling her though, however, mostly because there wasn't that much time left to chat and she had a lot of work to do.

She was capable of casting marks. That much was at least alright. When Cassima offered trying to use the mark, Yoshi took her hand and placed the bangle in the student's hand.

"Very well," she said. "Let me show you how it's done."

She would take Cassima's thumb and have her run it across the smooth round gemstone, allowing the latter to feel a faint buzzing warmth.

"You should be able to feel the marks and read them with your fingers," she said. "All first level doors should open with the green stone. Just raise it up to the lock, and it will undo."

Yoshi would show her own bracelet, albeit it had more than seven different stones. Moving to a double door to the left, she raised it up, channeling her energy for the green stone to glow. The doors would make a clinking sound and then open before pushing slightly. The path led to what appeared to be a descending staircase.

"Now you try."
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:42 am

Cassima looked at Yoshi's forehead and thought about the way it moved. "Are you perhaps stressed by something?" Cassima asked to Yoshi who decided that she will allow Cassima to show her what she had learned so far in the academy by doing something to her gemstone before walking into the door that Yoshi had opened.

Although it seems that Cassima would want her to lock the door with her gemstone now. "Like this?" Cassima held her bangle towards the lock, expecting it to close the door and lock it as Cassima waited to see what will happen next.

Hopefully it works and she will manage to impress Yoshi.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:22 am

The door would indeed unlock. While Yoshi neither smiled or gave praise, she gave an affirmative nod.

"Yes, like that," she said. "Now, I'm going to fill you in on your duties. I believe you did this once already when Miss Veiller was with you, but I shall be more specific."

Yoshi would give Cassima a list, touring her around the first floor of the library as this was her main domain. Cassima's duties would be more or less, underwhelming, but they were at least simple. Cassima's main jobs would include organizing books based on the library's organization system, writing copies of all official records and transactions in the library, organizing papers, and helping keep the peace.

"Oh, and of course, keeping the Paper Wraiths put," Yoshi said absent-mindedly, as if she had only remembered this crucial piece of information now. She looked Cassima up and down, scowling once again as if she disapproved. "How are your fighting skills, child?"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Cassima turned back towards Yoshi after locking the door, expecting a praise or a compliment for what she had done. Instead she just nodded and Cassima would follow her in silence as she gave the tour and what she was going to do at her job.

"That all sounds easy enough." Cassima smiled...Before she was asked about her fighting skills. "Sub par at best." She gave a brutally honest answer. She might as well not lie or else Yoshi would probably throw her in a fighting situation to prove if she was telling the truth, after all Yoshi did look serious.

"Although I am being trained." She revealed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm