Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Incertitude [Liseran/Jack]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Incertitude [Liseran/Jack] - Page 8 Empty Re: Incertitude [Liseran/Jack]

Post by Lilac Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 am

Remi tugged on Liseran's dress.

"Not everyone has showers, Lise," Remi said. "Mama and I usually had to make do with a tub of water outside the house. If it was nice out, we might go by the river to clean, too. I only knew about showers because of my time in the Haven."

Liseran rubbed her eyes in disbelief. "Is...is that so?" she said. "Erm, I'm sorry for being out of touch then."

Liseran herself couldn't bare to imagine washing outside of the house. Let alone where other people could SEE her. Why, the last time she ever bathed outdoors was...

"Oh, don't be such a BABY! I'm magic! I could easily hide you from everyone!"

"BUT WHAT IF THEY SEE, CARDAMOM!?"

"Pah! As if they'd see anything. You have the body of a five-year-old--AGHH! DONT THROW STONES AT ME!"

Liseran shook the memory away. She sighed and patiently explained, "Well, think of it as a bath indoors, Jack," she said. "You can activate the water by turning a few knobs and there's a drain to catch the water below. I can, ermm..."

Liseran's face burned red for a moment. "I can teach you how to operate it, if you'd like."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:00 am

"Ooooh, I see. An indoor bath," Jack exclaimed, wide-eyed. "Wow, rich folks sure come up with odd things. Mmm, you don't have to worry about me. I bathed in a river about three days ago. I should be good until we reach land."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:45 pm

"I...see..." Liseran said skeptically. She decided to shrug it off. No point in understanding the strange man.

The deck was aglow with various light runes humming amber-colored spells. The dinner tables had been set with a platform ahead that would serve as a stage. Liseran had dressed her and Remi in simple but still formal evening dresses for the occasion. Liseran, in a light blue dress scouted for a table farthest from the stage.

"Best we stay inconspicuous," she said. "I think there's one over there."

Liseran pointed to one near the railing and the sea. By now the sky was a dark blue and the waters churned below in obsidian hues.

As the three walked to it, a girl at the other table perked up.

"Oh, hey, Mister! It's you!" Pipi said enthusiastically. "And you brought friends!" The red-headed girl was now in a maroon formal dress with long sleeves.

Just as she ran over, Liseran gasped and ran off into the corridors.

"Hm? Where did...weren't there three of you just now?"

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun May 30, 2021 9:31 am

Jack, meanwhile, opted to wear the exact same thing, but he had taken off the leather jerkin and exchanged his cloak for a red cloth just big enough to cover his wooden arm. He may or may not have used a window curtain.

"Ah, miss Pipi!" Jack greeted as a familiar face called out to him. "You look nice! Hey, this is-"

Jack turned to introduce the woman to the girls and found they had disappeared.

".... A lovely party!" Jack finished, turning back to Pipi. "My employer, ah... got boat sick."

That was a thing that happens, right?

"Ohey, is that roast beef?" Jack hastily pointed, trying to change the subject. He wasn't a good liar at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:05 pm