Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

House of Memories [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

House of Memories [Closed] - Page 11 Empty Re: House of Memories [Closed]

Post by Lilac Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm

"..."

A bright light would emerge under Valen which he would notice was a Cartic glyph. Without warning, he would have to jump out of the way as large ice spikes emerged from underneath trying to pierce him.

"HEY! WHAT GIVES!? I JUST POLISHED THIS FLOOR!?" Travis screamed.

Liseran, however, was still raising her bell, her glasses reflecting with light and not showing her eyes behind. And despite her still posture, there seemed to be an aura of darkness about her.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:57 am

Valen jumped to the side, just narrowly avoiding the spikes.

"See? That's the opposite of a helpless dansel," Valen stated, pointing at Liseran. "If she were a princess trapped in a tower, I bet she'd punch the poor sod that tries to rescue her. Also she'd prefer to stay there because it makes her feel taller."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:03 am

Liseran gritted her teeth at Valen's remark and was pretty much going to cast another spell before Travis knocked her bell out of her hand.

"Hey!"

"NO WRECKING MY HOUSE!" he said in a panic. And then at Valen, "And you! Stop it before she sets this whole place on fire!"

Liseran glared, her expression one of pure papple.

Travis sighed.

"We don't need a damsel, the fact she can defend herself helps," he said. "And she definitely looks prissy and dainty enough for it."

"How is that any better than anything he just said!?" Liseran shouted.

Travis shrugged.

"Look, we have to organize a plan," he said. "Liseran's going to serve as bait for it and we're going to catch that monster. Unless, of course, you want to wear a dress?"

Liseran crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"To be honest, being a vampire himself, it'd be more than enough to attract them. Plus I'm sure since he's so harsh about my looks, he must be VERY damsel-like."
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:22 am

"How come 'he' doesn't get the ice treatment?" Valen asked dryly in response to Travis's statement. He sighed and crossed his arms. "That sounds fine."

Valen pulled at his gloves in silence before explaining. "I'll be the bait."

"The creatures and whatever is behind them don't care whether they attack a man or woman, and since I don't use weapons, I look like a simple, unarmed servant," Valen stated, raising his hands to exemplify. "This to me sounds like a better plan."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:07 am

Liseran merely shot a glare at Valen's complaint of unfairness. It quickly shifted when he suggested he be the one to lure out the culprit.

"Isn't that just as dangerous, though?" Liseran said. "Especially if you can use Cantus. If we're luring them in the main square and the Expiate are around, then we'd just be drawing unwanted attention."

"It's not a problem if he's not actively using his Cantus," Travis reassured. "But the question is if Liseran over here is capable of helping me bind the culprit. You're the one with the chains after all."

At this, Liseran stiffened and clutched her fists eagerly.

"A-actually! I can perform Expiation magic," she said. "I was taught how to bind among other things."

At this, Travis seemed surprise.

"Why would a kid like you know Expiation magic?" he said. And then, a little more warily, "Oi. You're not an officer in disguise, are you?"

At this, Liseran flushed and shook her head furiously.

"E-eh? N-no! Nothing like that!" she said.

She sighed and touched her arm cautiously.

"My...father's an officer. He taught me when I was younger."

Travis was a quiet for a bit and then let out a low whistle.

"Gee, Tala knew how to pick 'em, huh?" he said.

"That extends to you, doesn't it?" Liseran deadpanned.

"Of course not!"

Travis sighed and shook his head.

"I guess we can go with Valen's idea then," he said. "It's still pretty early. I need to make some preparations, but you two should probably get yourselves ready too. Charge your stones, have your potions that stuff. You can meet me back here a little after dusk. Eat ahead, too. I can't afford to have house guests after what you two did to my floor."

Liseran pinched her chin.

"I suppose we can't have Aunt Claudia get too suspicious," Liseran said. She turned to Valen. "Should we head back?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 am

"You can head back. I'll just-" Valen stopped mid-sentence and paused. "On second thought, that sounds good. Let's go."

Valen walked to the door and waited for Liseran.

"Sorry about the damages," he muttered to Travis's direction. He looked at the sky and frowned. "She's not gonna like that I lost the groceries..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Liseran flushed at the mentioned of the damage floor. Sheepishly, Liseran approached Travis.

"A-ah...I-I could try repairing it later," she said. "S-sorry..."

Once they were out of the house and Valen spoke, Liseran drooped.

"S-she's not going to be happy I was outside, either..." she sighed. "But yeah, let's go."

The travel back was fortunately uneventful, but the moment they could see the manor, Claudia was standing outside, arms crossed and eyes darker than the pits of hell. Remi was hiding just a little behind her, peering from the door terrified but too curious to not look.

Liseran squeaked.

"This is bad..." Liseran murmured as they stopped just a few feet from the front door.

She nervously waved a hand.

"O-oh! Aunt Claudia...how are you tod--"

"Explain."

The voice came in a harsh tone, low and gravelly. Liseran froze and quickly hurried behind Valen.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:02 pm

"Sorry, we were on a date and lost track of time," Valen deadpanned with a half-lidded expression.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 pm

"Okay, that's it!" Liseran screamed.

Before Valen knew it, Liseran would attempt to pounce on him and pin him to the ground, her hands beating against his chest (to little effect) like a child having a tantrum.

"WHY. DO. YOU. KEEP. BULLYING. MEEEE!???"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Valen just stood there and took the beating, his gaze averted to the side as he maintained a blank expression.

"Eeeeh? Does it bother you that much?" Valen deadpanned. "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am