Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

House of Memories [Closed]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

House of Memories [Closed] - Page 12 Empty Re: House of Memories [Closed]

Post by Lilac Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 pm

If Valen looked at Liseran, her face was extremely red and water was streaming down her cheeks as she shook him. Was...was she actually crying?

"YES. IT. DOES!!!!" she yelled.

Before she could get another hit in, Claudia seemed to shimmer into a cloud of smoke before appearing next to Liseran and grabbing her by the collar. She quickly lifted her away from Valen, still struggling and pouting.

"Oi! Oi! STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" Claudia yelled. Liseran dangled above the air, much like a hissing cat. "You! Stop trying to kill him! And you, stop talking!"

The last part was directed at Valen.

Liseran would stop struggling only as Claudia plopped her down on the ground. The older woman's arms were crossed.

"I don't care much about this, but I do care to know why you were out and about when you were supposed to stay inside!" Claudia said in a scolding manner. "If the Expiate recognize you, then your cover's blown and it's off to Delilah's with you. Do you really want that?"

Liseran merely looked at the side, her eyes still red and her hand clutching her other arm tightly.

She then turned to Valen.

"As for you," she said glaring at the tall young man. "I'm pretty sure I enlisted your help to go on an investigation, not antagonize my goddaughter to no end. You better tell me that you have information or I'm locking you two in separate jail cells for giving me a headache and wasting time."

Liseran sniffled and wiped her face.

"Actually...we did find something," Liseran said. "About the undead."

"Haaah?"

Without much word, everyone moved to one of the drawing rooms to sit down. Remi had done the sweet thing of setting up some tea and biscuits, but neither Liseran nor Claudia touched them as Liseran briefed Claudia on the events.

"Travis? That old bastard's here?" Claudia said in surprise, though she still seemed thoroughly upset. "And there are missing bodies?"

She then glared at Valen.

"And you let Liseran go along with a plan to lure this thing in?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:10 am

Valen was idly biting into a biscuit as the women had their dispute.

"Technically no," he stated between bites. "I insisted that I lure the beast out instead. Technically, you can lock Liseran upstairs while I go on my own."

"So if'll let us borrow a nice dress, maybe some pretty shoes, we'll be going." Fable had been oddly quiet up to this point but suddenly spoke out. A stray black sillouhette was stretched against the chair opposite of Valen, reaching out and grabbing a biscuit. "Don't worry about chest sizes. One of hers should fit just fine."

The shadow was of course pointing at Liseran.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Fable's tease didn't seem to get through to Liseran. She was sitting in the chair with a straight back, but she looked all together frail and worn out. She gave a small frown and directed her attention to Claudia.

"I have to go," Liseran said in a raspy tone.

"No," Claudia said firmly.

At this, Liseran rose from her seat.

"I'm capable of binding," Liseran argued. "And if it's a Cantic threat you know that it'll come in handy."

Claudia massaged her forehead.

"Did you not hear why I didn't want you to go out in the first place?" Claudia said.

"Then I'll go in disguise!" Liseran said. "Or you can use your illusions or--"

"And what about Remi?" Claudia said. "Just leave her alone in this mansion?"

At this, Liseran stiffened a bit.

"O-of course not, I--"

"And so we'll bring her along is that it?" Claudia said. She frowned. "Listen to yourself for a moment. Your eagerness to be outside is getting in the way of all your logic and reason at this point."

Liseran clutched her fists and looked to the side in dismay. She'd feel small hands touch the side of her dress and arm reassuringly.

"Liseran doesn't have to stay with me, Granny Claudia," Remi assured, sounding surprisingly calm and motherly. "I could stay here by myself. I'm sure I'd be fine!"

At this, Liseran touched the top of the girl's head and pet her hair.

"No, Remi...it's fine. I'll stay," she said meekly.

Claudia let out a tired sigh.

"Damn right," she said firmly. She stood up herself and placed a hand on Liseran's shoulder. She looked at her apologetically. "This is for the best. Besides, Travis and I have dealt with the undead before. And I'll make sure nothing bad happens to your boyfriend over here."

Liseran's face reddened for a moment, but she merely looked to the side and frowned.

"Very funny," she said sullenly. "I don't think you have to worry about him. He's a vampire too, anyways. Come on, Remi. We should probably get the next meal ready."

Liseran quietly took Remi's hand and started walking away. Claudia sighed.

"What a stubborn girl," she said. She then looked at Valen. "Well, if we're making you the lure, you'll be fine without using a dress. Besides, I have a little illusory magic up my sleeve."

Claudia then grinned.

"Do you reckon you'd like being the busty type or not?"

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:11 pm

"I actually prefer small-chests," Valen stated bluntly. "Though that's not needed. Both men and women get attacked. I'd rather go alone anyway."

Valen got up and downed the rest of his tea before setting the cup down.

"Someone needs to watch those two anyway," Valen stated. "I have to appear unarmed so I'll leave my gauntlets here. Thank you for the tea."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:09 am

Claudia glanced in the direction of Liseran and Remi before turning back to Valen.

"You might be right about that," she said. "It'd be dangerous if Liseran actually ran off and left Remi alone.. I trust Travis enough to have your back if things go south. You're to come back here though if there's a problem, understand?"

Claudia would push herself off of her seat and stand up.

"Well, there's still a little time before your little rendezvousz. Best you rest up before then."

The rest of the day would pass on without any remark. Valen would notice Liseran was practically nowhere to be seen after the noon meal, but Claudia reassured him that she had "holed up" in her room. Remi herself had taken an afternoon nap. Now that it was getting closer to dusk, he'd have to make his way to Travis' hut again soon.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:28 pm

Valen spent the time sitting against a chair with his arms crossed and head lowered. He looked like he was in a deep sleep, but just as the sky outside was turning orange, his eyes snapped open. He pushed himself up and straightened his clothes.

"So, are we going then?" Fable asked from his shadow on the floor.

".... Not yet," Valen said as he straightened his cuffs and pulled his leather gloves taut...

~~~

Valen walked down the hall on the upper floor, stopping in front of what he believed was Liseran's room. He stared at the closed door for a minute before knocking.

"Oi, I'm heading out," he stated aloud. "You'll do fine, right? You'll stay here, right?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Valen would receive no response. The room was quiet...perhaps a little too quiet. He'd find no resistance if he opened the door, and when he'd open it, he'd see a person bundled up in blankets. A sleeping Remi was right next to it and hugging it rather affectionately. Seemed like Liseran had fallen asleep as well.

However, as he'd turn, he'd feel a cold breeze coming from the window. It had been left ajar, which wouldn't do as the two girls would get cold. He'd notice something odd, however...

There was a knot of cloth tied to the edge of the window, and as the wind blew, he'd see more of it fly up: a rope of tied together shirts and dresses.

As Remi mumbled in her sleep, the blanket covering the figure would pull down and reveal...a stack of pillows.

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:19 am

"...."

Valen closed his eyes and groaned. He moved Remi to lie on her back and pulled blanket over her.

"My role isn't supposed to be a baby sitter...." Valen mumbled under his breath as he closed the door softly.

~~~~~~~

Valen made his way to the hut.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:03 am

When Valen closed the bedroom door behind him, Remi's eyes clapped open and she bit her lip nervously.

"Oh no...he found out!" she quietly exclaimed to herself. "If Claudia finds out we're all dead!"

Hastily, she got up and untied the blanket rope that Liseran had made and quickly stowed it away. She then rearranged the blanket to cover the pile of pillows and pretended to go to sleep again.

"I sure hope they'll be okay," she murmured to herself.

The sky was a bright orange as Valen headed towards the hut. The sun was close to setting and everyone had started retiring back to their houses. He'd oddly find no sign of Liseran on his travel to the hut. When he reached it, he'd find Travis outside, loading his crossbow.

"Ah, there you are," he said. "Right on time. Where's the shorty?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:39 am

"I'm sure she'll join us when we least expect it," Valen answered vaguely. "How are your house guests by the way? Are you alright with leaving them here unattended? They could become rowdier at nightfall."

Valen pulled his gloves taught and pushed his glasses.

"Anyway, I'm ready," he stated. "Do you have a good location? Oh, would you mind lending me a dagger? Just in case something goes awry, I want something I can pull out quickly."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm