Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Bounty: Catch the Masked Thief

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Bounty: Catch the Masked Thief - Page 4 Empty Re: Bounty: Catch the Masked Thief

Post by Grimoire Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:38 am

"Tis the benefit of being a seller and buyer of stories and tales," the minstral stated, strumming their lute. It was severely off-tune. "I know how to keep an ear out. My ballad is missing pieces though till I get the rest of the story though. So tell me, you must've talked to those frightening magic policemen. What do they know of the Phantom Avenger!? Working title. A ballad's not fit without naming the protagonist."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Bounty: Catch the Masked Thief - Page 4 Empty Re: Bounty: Catch the Masked Thief

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 pm

"Neither is it fit without an in tune instrument." Rowan countered. While he could only really play the flute, even he could tell how badly that supposed minstrel had tuned their lute. Rowan's eyes looked the stranger up and down. He felt wary. He let out a sigh, lightly resting a hand on the spear. This was a simple distraction. He was in an alley, it was definitely a bad place for such a large weapon. "Anyone can say they are anything." Rowan started, his finger lightly tapping his spear. All the while, the nails on his other hand began to lengthen and sharpen. Honestly, he needed to buy a knife and a wrist holster when he got the chance.

"It's the small details that are important." He didn't want to get into how a bard would normally dress and act. "Who are you really, friend?"
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:51 am

The minstral laughed aloud and plucked at two strings on their instrument.

"You're the first to give a stray musician a second glance like that! How refreshing!" they exclaimed gleefully. "Very well, you caught me. I'm a rather untalented performer. In fact, I'm more of a singer than a lute player. I had a partner you see. But he died long ago. This was his you see. Oooooh~"

The performer demonstrated by pitching a short harmonious tune with their voice then whistling the same note.

"Ah hahaa~ Very well. You're amusing so I'll give you a tip. Perhaps you'll add something fun to this ballad," the bard started walking pass the sellsword, continuing to tune the old lute. "There's just been an incident over at the machine museum. Officers are already moving to investigate and keep things hush."

The minstrel stopped about six paces away, his back facing Rowan. "However, an unaffiliated sellsword won't get far with those guards. I know a way someone can get their attention and cooperation, but my memory needs some jogging. Completely unrelated, it would be great to know what the Expiate are up to in this whole affair."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am