Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

+2
Silverion
Lilac
6 posters

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 am

Cassima smiled at Maia, or in this case May. "It's nice to meet you too May, may we all enjoy the rest of this fair together." Cassima stated as the fireworks went off at the ceremony.

She turned to Hignini when he became scared by them and smirked. "What's wrong? these lights in the sky are amazing." Cassima looked up at the fireworks in wonder.

But alas the fireworks soon ceased and it was time for the renewal part of the ceremony.

Cassima enjoyed the performances of the first four leaders, but she rolled her eyes when it was Eala's. "Weak as always." She muttered under her breath.

The renewal soon ended and the guests were free to continue the fair for the rest of the night as it was nearing it's end.

At least, it would of ended there, had the princess not reveal a duel that she is hosting. Cassima didn't care, she sighed.

"Is she done blathering on about her stupid event now? She's always the centre of attention. I'm not surprised if she throws a dramatic performance if someone tries to poison her drink." Cassima put her shoulders on the table, looking away at the stage...And Eala.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]

Post by Lilac Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 am

Eun turned towards the other man at her table as he began to speak and nodded once, her excitement dying down as she brought a finger to her chin while she contemplated his question. What did they use to throw them so high? Enkidus didn't use magic, so they couldn't have invented something that would require it. It had to be some kind of mechanism...

Before her thoughts could make it much further, though, he introduced himself as Goibniu at the same time as the announcer began the actual Ceremony. Quickly taking her seat again, Eun reached into her cloak and tore out a page of her journal, jotting down a quick message before sliding it over towards Goibniu and turning to watch the rest of the ceremony, the note simply returning his greeting: 'I'm Eun. Nice to meet you!'

The Ceremony itself wasn't the most exciting thing in her eyes. Each leader giving a vow on behalf of the kingdom, slowly building up the fire in the hearth. There was obviously a long history and meaning behind it, but Eun definitely preferred the exciting explosions in the sky over this long winded procession. Soon enough though, it was over, and she joined in the applause as the announcer brought it to a close... Or at least attempted to, until the Eisleyn leader interrupted. This caused Eun to perk up again, as the last time a leader had the stage to themselves brought the fireworks. What would this one bring out to show them?

However, it wasn't the princess who brought the proposal, but the man who introduced himself as Albaan Winters, and it was a proposal that made Eun's ears stick straight up, her tail beginning to flick back and forth from excitement. A duel only for those who were worthy? Now things were getting interesting. He rambled off a list of prizes that anyone who bested him could win, but Eun's eyes had turned to gaze not at him, but at the Emperor of the Enkidu nation. What better an audience, and what better an opponent, for her to be able to prove she could hold her own? Goibniu spoke up again, wondering who would offer themselves as volunteers. Eun looked back at him, a mischievous smile hidden by the mask still covering her face, before standing up and walking forward, approaching the stage with her hand raised, her gaze turned back towards the archmage.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:04 am

"Y-Yeah, they are, pretty nice." Higini said, still sounding rather unnerved by the display. "It's just that, it was so sudden! A-And it caught me off-guard." He tried to explain his display of cowardice as best he could, even if he ended up saying the same thing twice. Once his ears got used to the ringing caused by the fireworks, he was able to appreciate them a bit more. But by then, it was over, and instead it was replaced by the performance put up by the leaders.

What surprised him was that suddenly a duel was announced to everyone; a duel against Winters, the archmage of Eisleyn. Whoever is the victor, would be pardoned of any wrongdoings, relieved of any debts, and even given a neat crest for such a feat! While it confused Higini why such a duel would be announced, he was still surprised by the handsome reward on offer. Of course, he had little to no fighting skills, all he had in his person was a dinky dagger strictly for self defense, so he could already count himself out of it. Not like he needed anything that was offered, the crest sounded cool, but he felt Winters would win by just staring at him. "This is rather irregular however... why would she organize a duel so suddenly? Was this part of this year's fair?" He asked, trying to deflect from the hate the princess was receiving from Cassima.

Meanwhile, in the Enkidu table, Goibniu received a little piece of paper from the mysterious girl next to him. "Oh! A pleasure to meet you, Madam Eun." He said, flashing Eun a smile as he looked at the paper. So, a speech impediment? Was she perhaps mute? It could explain the very quiet nature of her. But she didn't need words to draw attention to her, as she flashed a smile at him and then stood up when he wondered who could accept a duel like that. Goibniu looked rather surprised at the display to valor Eun demonstrated, as he placed the paper down. "What the? Madam, you best be careful! The archmage is not to be trifled with!" He called out, too late for him to try to convince her to not go. He was not sure of what Eun was capable of, but if she was adamant about challenging him, then perhaps she had enough skills to put up a fight. She had the advantage of being able to use her roar to-

Wait a second... if she can't speak, can she use her roar at all?

Last edited by Silverion on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot coloring dialogue)
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:25 pm

"My my, how few the volunteers we got," the Arch Knight Duke Charmr stated nonchalantly, stroking his strong chin thoughtfully. "But it shows how courageous our young lady is. And an enkidu no less."

The armorclad knight glanced at the emperor, however the foreign ruler seemed to have more interest in  his wine glass than the performance being presented in front of him.

"Well Winters?" Duke turned towards the robed wizard. "Shall you meet this challenge then? You seldom refuse a request from our lady afterall."

Though his expression was impossible to discern under his multiple wrapping, the wizened sorcerer seemed to emit something between a hum and a groan.

"Of course I will fulfill her majesty's desire. However, there is no need for me to waste my time in a menial duel." Winters turned towards the watching crowd slowly and tapped his staff three times against the ground, creating a sound similar to a church bell with each strike. Then Winters spoke in an echoing voice. "My apprentice, Amber Hearthstone shall act as my proxy."

Then on cue, a beam of light seemingly from nowhere, came from twenty meters above his head and went towards the buffet table.

"Eh?"

As if only now noticing the proceeding, a single girl turned around, a single young girl turned around as all attention turned towards her, guided my the ray of light that seemed to focus on her and the finger sandwich in her hand.

"FUEEEEEEEEEEEHHH????"

Amber Hearthstone:

The young girl dropped her sandwich and clutched something like a baton close to her chest like a safety blanket. She shook in place, her mouth agape, and tears welling in her eyes. This was the apprentice of an archmage?

"Anything my apprentice falls short of, I consider my own personal failings," Winters announced strongly. "I am sure Miss. Hearthstone will meet the task."

"Y-yessiiiiir..." Amber whimpered, still shaking where she was. She made her way towards the opened area, walking withing bending her knees, as if she was too stiff to manage that much. When she stood in front of Eun, she bowed low and stiff. "P-Please be gentle with me! Let's get along, okay??"

"If no one else will meet this challenge, then let us proceed," Winters announced prior to another strike of his staff. A runic glyph suddenly appeared under Eun and Amber's feet. It expanded, pushing away tables and chairs effortlessly the moment its edge touched anything until there was a ten meter diameter space around the two. The pair also slid across the ground by an invisible force until they stood ten feet away from each other. Around them, a shimmering dome formed, completely separating them from everyone else.

"This spell is known as 'Sacred Zone'," Winters started explaining. "It is a type of spatial alteration magic. Nothing within the circle gets out and nothing outside can get in. So the duel can be held with no holds barred and no outside help can be received."

"Tablespoon of Cinnamon, half a tablespoon of fresh grated nutmeg, pinch of salt, three quartered apples, two cups of flour..." The young mage girl seemed to be muttering a recipe for apple pie like a mantra while she continued to quiver while clutching her wand. "Master, I'll make my apple pie for you if you please get me out of here..."

"Begin," Winters announced bluntly without any warning.

"FUEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!"
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:00 am

Cassima smiled at Higini. She thought he looked funny when was scared and briefly laughed when he tried to brush it off. "It's ok to get scared you know. These beautiful pictures in the sky are quite loud." Cassima looked up at the fireworks again. She enjoyed them, in fact, they might be the best part of this ceremony.

But alas, like all good things, it ended. And she looked annoyed when talks about the duel quickly filled the room, until someone, a lady named Eun decided to take up the offer to duel. Cassima would admit that Eun would be bold to enter a duel like this, but she didn't want to talk about the stupid duel as Eala is obviously doing this to get attention.

Even if Winter's apprentice appeared to fight Eun in his place and created a battle zone to fight Eun in, Cassima could care less and instead, she just stared on at the stage.

Just seeing Eala acting all high and mighty, after what shes done, done to her suitors...Like...Him.

Cassima clenched her teeth in anger, before realising that she could do something as bold as to what Eun is doing right now. And maybe she can let Higini and May in on it if they're not busy watching the duel between Eun and Amber.

"I'm not sure. Shes a spoiled princess whos just doing this event so she can upstage everyone else at this ceremony." Cassima spoke of her opinion on the duel to Higini before smiling sinisterly.

"Hey, I got an idea, do you two wish to be in on it?" Cassima asked the two as she leaned forward on the table so she can closer to May.

Last edited by Sunnivale on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the Title!)
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 am

A lot of people were openly surprised to see someone volunteer, especially a rather young Enkidu with a slight frame and a fancy stick. There were whispers of concern, especially considering the renown of the princess' court mage. The princess herself, as usual, stared blankly. The only difference now, though, was that she was swishing the deep red liquid in her wine goblet in a bored manner, anticipating for action to start.

It would soon be revealed that it was not the mage who would be fighting her, but rather an apprentice. This came to even more of a surprise, but a lot of people's concerns seemed to be more at ease. After all, the princess wouldn't really slaughter people during a peace banquet. Would she? Would she??

The others at the table had already shown some disapproval of the addition of the already long and boring ceremony, but if their eyes decided to wander away from the spotlight, they would notice a speck of red moving along the darkened tables. Higini might notice it as the girl who had spoken to Eun about dancing, and the others would see her for a small figure in a bright red hood. As her cloak seemed to sway, careful eyes would notice that as the cloth shimmered, her hands would nimbly start picking at satchels and jewelry before they disappeared into the abyss of her attire. No one seemed to be paying attention as everyone was already distracted by the turn of events of the ceremony.

A little farther off was a different speck of color. A rich blue cloak this time with shimmering purple and silver underneath it. While it hid whoever was behind it, Maia and Goibniu might recognize it as the cloak Liseran wore due to its bright white bow. It appeared Liseran had come to the ball, but instead of lurking at the tables, she was instead going around, her silver bell just slowly peaking from underneath her cloak, armed and glowing as she seemed to retreat into a turning street and alleyway.
    Chidarake
    Chidarake

Post by Chidarake Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:36 am

Eun readied her spear, bouncing light on her feet as she waited for the duel to start. She was thrown off, though, by the Archmage's sudden declaration that he wouldn't be the one fighting... turning to gind that instead of him, a very timid looking girl would be.

Seriously?

As the 'Sacred Zone' began to form and expand, Eun whirled back around to face the Archmage and gave him a thumbs down, obviously disapproving of the turn of events. Was he taking her lightly, or was he just not man enough to face her himself?! But either way, if they were going to duel, she shouldn't keep her back to her opponent. She looked harmless, but it was still in front of everyone... Maybe it'd be best to just take it easy? As soon as the word 'Begin' came from the Archmage's mouth, Eun rushed forward, sweeping her spear across the ground from Amber's left side in an attempt to trip the girl. Even if the girl proved to be more capable than she appeared, at the very least, Eun would avoid any thrusts so as to prevent any needless bloodshed.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 am

Amber was frantically looking around as if begging for help from anyway before the domed area completely closed them off from everyone. In her exasperation, she wasn't looking at Eun for about a second before the small enkidu had closed the distance between them.

"SO FAAAAAST!!" she screamed as the fox girl swung wide with her spear. At this point, no human was fast enough to move away to dodge. The shaft swung towards the girl's lower legs and coming in fast and smacked over.... nothing.

In an instant, the archmage apprentice disappeared from where she was standing, leaving Eun swinging at empty air. The onlookers stood up from their seats and pointed twenty feet above the enkidu's head, exclaiming in wonder.

The young girl floated in the air, both arms holding onto her wand like a branch hanging off a cliff.

"Uwawawawawa! Help meee!" she cried, her legs kicking.

Cartic mages and scholars in the audience pointed and awed, muttered among once another at the sight. If anyone was looking, Winter's shoulders rose and fell as if he was releasing a heavy sigh.

"Allow me to explain," Winters announced while his apprentice flailed around in the air. "As you all know, magic of flight and levitation are something of only theoretical application in cartic arts. Even among walpurgis, the ability to fly and levitate objects was a rare and mysterious magic found once a century. In cartic research and development, the magic formula for flight is something that has evaded perfected discovery along with gold transmutation and other such principles. However, some substitutes have been developed. What you see here is one of them. My apprentice has increased the buoyancy of her wand to the point that it lifted her off the ground. It is a simple principle, however the calculations and runic equation is something that lesser minds would require minutes to apply. My pupil has successfully performed it in a matter of seconds."

Some members of the audience, mostly the mages, clapped and applauded the display. Amber, still helplessly floating in the air, glanced back at Winters with bright, eager eyes and a tint on her cheeks. Whatever form of magic was being used to keep her afloat seemed to gradually fade away as she started descending at an angle.

Amber landed twenty feet away from Eun and let out a steady breath. She took a stance, a determined look in her eyes, however her hands were still shaking.

"I'll... I'LL MAKE MASTER PROUD!" she pointed her wand at Eun and made several miniscule drawing movements. A series of runes flashed for less than a second each before a ball of shimmering purple light appeared. "I cast Magic Missile!"

A bullet of light shot from the girl's wand and flew towards the young enkidu. Even if Eun dodged, the missile would swerve around and go right back for her, continuing to pursue the target until it hits something.
    Kemp
    Kemp

Post by Kemp Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Maia had already zoned out at this point. This was pretty annoying. A duel, right now? She just wanted to eat a bit before retiring to her room. Not watch two people try to kill each other. She had heard about this festival for years and always wanted to go, but so far, she was pretty disappointed. Oh well, she just had to wait this out. Then she could go back to the inn and prepare to go back to Saoirse.

Cassima leaned in to ask them if they wanted to join. Maia simply shook her head. "I wouldn't go in for a fight just yet. Maybe wait until they're finished. Though I won't be joining. I only fight if it is necessary. You two can go ahead though." She replied. Maia didn't want anything to do with the princess of Eisleyn so she decided it was probably for the best to not engage in a duel with any of her cronies.

She looked away from the fight to analyze the crowds. Most people were fixated on the duel, but she did see a flicker of red here and there. Maia realized it was a girl who was taking things that probably didn't belong to her. Oh well. None of her business. The girl stealing had nothing to do with her. She then noticed another flicker of colour. Blue this time. She had seen the cloak before, but where? Then it hit her.

'Liseran?'

She quickly realized it was her acquaintance that she always ran into for some reason. She had her bell out, and it looks like she was ready to cast a spell. Something had to be wrong. Liseran was a skilled mage, Maia doubted she would just cast a spell like that unless necessary. She watched as the girl ducked down an alleyway. Maia didn't know why, but she had to follow her.

Maia stood up from her seat and smiled softly at her dinner companions. "Forgive me. I need to freshen up a bit. I will return momentarily." She then began walking towards the alley Liseran went down. She tried to mask her actions by pretending like she was just a young woman looking for a place to clean up. She hoped that the duel would distract anyone from noticing her departure.

She began thinking this was a bad idea. Maybe she should have just minded her own business like when she saw the thief, but this felt different. Maia knew Liseran. She knew that the woman might have been involved in some shady things. She realized that she had no weapons on her, no magic. This could end horribly, but Maia felt she just had to do this.
    Chidarake
    Chidarake

Post by Chidarake Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:58 pm

Eun's ears perked up in surprise as her sweep suddenly left her staring at thing air. She swiveled her head, not finding any trace of the girl, before a cry caused her to look up.

She was... flying? That was a thing?

Her surprise and confusion quickly turned to irritation, though, as the Archmage once again began to speak, explaining something about the formula and calculations and blah blah blah. All she was hearing was that this was no duel. This was a sideshow for them to show off some fancy new magic that this girl could do, and she'd fallen right into it. Oh, if only she could shut that damn magic off...

As the girl floated down, Eun turned back towards her, her eyes fierce. It was her own decision to go easy on the girl, but if they were going to use her as a test subject instead of letting her prove herself? Then no more miss nice fox. Eun once again began to charge forward as the girl shot a bullet of light towards her, but an upwards swing from her spear quickly deflected that annoyance. This time, Eun's attack was obviously aimed to kill; from its raised position, Eun twirled the spear around her hand so that the point was aimed at her opponent, moving to thrust it straight towards the girl's torso. She was expecting another 'demonstration', though, so she also readied herself to use the momentum to slide into a crouching position, pivoting her body so as to bring the spear around and ready it to throw back at the girl if she should miss again - air or ground.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 am