Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

+2
Silverion
Lilac
6 posters

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]

Grimoire
    Grimoire

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]  - Page 8 Empty Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]

Post by Grimoire Fri May 31, 2019 2:06 pm

With the table's flying towards her, the witch gave a bored glance with a frown like this was annoying her. The tables seemed to shatter apart as if colliding with an invisible wall.

"Officer McCrae! Get back!" Jinn shouted out a warning, but what happened next happened a little too fast. Right below his feet, the ground itself burst upwards, a massive chunk of stone and earth flying into the air carrying him. Then it flipped over trying to toss him off and the rock flung itself downward to smash him into the ground like a boot to an ant.

Meanwhile the battle still went on between Charmr and the black knight when suddenly below his feet, a white glyph appeared, sealing his movement. His head slowly turned downward as if something was holding him down.

Charmr glanced down at the glyph and sensing what's about the happen, he throw forward his right hand and the ring on his index glowed bright.

"WARD!" he called out and a shimmering dome covered him in a protective barrier.

In the next instance, the area around the knight exploded, smoke and debris kicking up like a storm. The commander was not playing around. But as the dust clear, the target stood there, half his body burned and scarred, already mending itself together.

"First a witch that can fly and now a firebreathing man that won't die," Duke muttered as he put up his guard. "At least with the lady I can tell she's using magic. I have no idea what this guy is."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]  - Page 8 Empty Re: Day 03: The Masquerade Ball; Ceremony Proper [Open]

Post by Lilac Fri May 31, 2019 11:52 pm

"We'll figure it out!" Richard had called out to Goibniu one last time when the Enkidu voiced his concern.

All Richard needed was a bit of time when the assailants were vulnerable. They had a better chance of defeating them without magic then while they had magic and the opponents were invincible.

The explosion had been successful, to a degree, but it was as Richard had suspected when Charmr put the sword through him. This...thing was more magic than it was human.

"He's a Cantic abomination, that's what he is," Richard said from across Charmr. "And abominations like these have no place in Esterelf!"

As the dark knight began to heal, Richard would concentrate again, calling upon the marks to pick up the debris from the explosion. Multiple would start glowing as they lifted into the air surrounding the knight and as Richard pointed his sword forward, the sharp edges of the debris would firing at him, hopefully going faster than the rate he was healing.

If the dark knight was distracted enough, Richard would then summon a second light blue glyph underneath his target summoning giant shards of ice to encapsulate around him, hopefully enough to destabilize him.

As Cassima and Higini tried to duck under a table, they would find another figure already hiding there. Pale skinned and with choppy dark brown hair, they'd notice it was the little girl from earlier due to her red cape and the fact she was clutching a crossbow close to her chest. She looked like she was trying to scope out the scene. Turning around to notice Cassima and Higini, her eyes widened and she gave a sheepish smile.

"Ohh...you guys again!" she said with a nervous chuckle. And then, looking at the empty space under the table. "There's...uh...plenty of room?"

She'd scoot quickly, completely forgetting the fact she had jabbed Cassima in the gut earlier. She'd point towards the witch from underneath, she'd point to the witch in the sky.

"I'd suggest you guys hide now. That lady was throwing tables everywhere. And you better not distract me, or I'll miss my shot!"

"M-Maia, no, wait!" Liseran called out desperately as Maia sprinted off.

She tried to run after her, but Will grabbed her by the wrist.

"Forget her. If she wants to get in trouble, that's her problem," he said. "We have to make sure Mephis doesn't disrupt anything."

Liseran glanced nervously in the direction Maia fled towards and clucked her tongue. She then gripped Will's hand tightly and would run towards the left rather than straight for the square. Will was right. Liseran had to put her personal attachments aside and focus on the mission. If Maia did get caught in the jumble, though, Liseran swore to herself she'd get Maia out of it. She didn't understand why the fact Maia would come to hate her bothered her so much. They barely knew each other and Maia had made it a point before that she wanted no part in Liseran's little games.

Maybe it's because deep down, you saw yourself in her, a meek voice said in the back of Liseran's head as they ran. Maybe you wanted to change for her what no one would change for you.

That's not your job, though, is it?

"It's not..." Liseran murmured lowly.

"What's that?" Will asked.

Liseran realized she had spoken the words allowed and quickly shook her head.

"N-nothing..."

Last edited by Lilac on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:33 am

Cassima was not taken Higini seriously when he told her to retreat with him. "If we retreat now then we might fail to save some people from here if we get the chance. Now come on and help me flip this table over for cover or else you're going to get either stabbed, shot or blasted, three deaths that are worse then a beheading." Cassima told Higini before looking down under the table where she was trying to flip.

Only to find the girl from earlier again, her appearance surprised Cassima. "Oh my!" Cassima said aloud. She told Cassima and Higini to hide and for her not to distract her, only for Cassima to go under the table soon after.

"Well we're not going under another table, this one will have to do." Cassima then turned to Higini.

"Quick, in here. We'll be safe, as long as someone doesn't flip the table over." Cassima motioned for Higini to hide with her and the lady. As for now, Cassima will just have to trust her until this mess was over.
    Kemp
    Kemp

Post by Kemp Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am

Maia kept running towards the square. Thoughts swimming around in her head. Was she too harsh on Liseran, was she going to get blamed for this? She was a Walpurgis, after all. They made easy scapegoats. But she still couldn't sit idle while people could be getting hurt. She knew how to wield a knife and she was going to damn well do so.

As she was running, a woman asked her what she was doing as she headed for the square. The woman gave Maia a stern look, but it didn't even bother her. "Oh, I thought I'd go for a nice evening stroll." She replied. She sighed and looked back at the woman. "I'm heading to the square, I'm sure you heard the ruckus happening there. I'm not going to sit idly by as people could be injured or worse, I'm going there to help."

And with that, she began heading towards the square once again.

Gods, why did this kind of crap always happen to her?
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:56 am

Well, it was hard to argue with that line of logic, as Higini isn't one to leave innocents to their luck. But at the same time, what could they, a couple of simple individuals, do to quiet down the ruckus happening around them? "I mean, that's true... but, what can we do?? I have nothing to defend them should they-" He tried to protest, when suddenly, a familiar presence surprised them.

"Huh? Hey, wait, you are the girl from before!" He said, surprised that he would encounter her so soon again. Given the way she was using her crossbow, she appeared to be looking at the situation, rather than the riches which were much closer to her. "Do you have any idea what's happening?" He said, as he and Cassima hid with her.

-----

Jinn tried to warn Goibniu to not get close, but he was cut off by the magics the Witch was inflicting on him. With fervor in his eyes, the Enkidu got close enough and screamed. "Forgive me Officer Jinn, but I won't stand idle!" He said, before he turned to the Witch, and began to twirl the guns with his hands. "This time, I won't miss my shot you fiend!"

But when the twirling stopped, instead of shooting at her, he instead pushed his body forward, and performed his Roar in front of the Witch. The entire area echoed with the sound of his powerful shout, it caught both Higini and Kassandra by surprise. A shame Eun was down for the count and the Emperor was out, Goibniu thought, he wouldn't have been amused to have them see an Enkidu tip the scales.

----

A pout appeared in Kassandra's face, as Maia gave her a clearly sarcastic answer. "Don't play games with me, girl." She said, before Maia responded with honesty, as she mentioned her desire to help others. "What? Girl, don't be foolhardy! You possess nothing but a dagger!" She said, noting the only arm Maia seemed to be equipped with, as the girl quickly ran away.

"She will die, those two strangers don't seem like easy prey." Trebax whispered to her, the sound of his voice tainted with anticipation, rather than fear or objectivity, something which made Kassandra cringe. "..." And her own hesitation was something he could notice, as he quickly addressed her directly. "You can't let her die on her terms, can you? Hehehe." The taunt didn't go unnoticed, but even still, she didn't feel right to just get back at him by seeing Maia go off on her own.

"... Damn it."

And against her better judgement, she moved away from her hiding spot, and ran after Maia, keeping enough distance for her to not notice.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:10 am

The witch who was lazily hovering in air until now suddenly bobbed downwards, her eyebrows raised in mild surprise before she stopped about a foot above the ground.

"Now!" Jinn shouted. He rocketed forward in blinding speed, propelled by force and fire. He could feel the air shaking around him when he entered the area the roar was affecting, his magical propulsion sputtering out. However even without magical aid, his momentum was already in made and he rocketed in great speed towards the witch,  whipping out from under his jacket a silver rope with runic engravings.

The witch slowly turned, seeing Jinn rocket towards her with a binding rope with great ferver, the magic in the air shaking. Then suddenly, a giant hand came downward, smashing the ground. The witch blinked, staring boringly at everything. The impossible hand came from nowhere, red as blood and the size of a tree. As it pulled its fist from the ground, it disappeared into the air and vanished as if already losing interest in the events going on.

Jinn was lying in a crater, his arms crossed protectively over his face, twitching but still alive. His reaction speed was uncanny but he was still heavily damaged from the impact.

"W-What was..." Jinn coughed, struggling to get back up.

"Hey! Don't pass out! Stay with me!"

A distance away from the action, an officer have carrying another officer with his arm over his shoulder, trying to half-drag him away to safety. He had a crossbow bolt stuck to his side and it was bleeding heavily, but he was doing his best to help his fellow officer. However, the encouraging plea caught the witch's ear. She lazily turned away from Jinn and towards the fleeing injured officers. She raised her hand, pointing her palm towards them, a spark sputtering to life between her fingers.

"No! Don't do it!" Jinn yelled at the top of his lungs but he could barely move as it was.

With a snap, a bolt of fire shot from her index like an arrow, flying towards the injured officers' backs.

Meanwhile, if Goibniu tried to move to help, he'd find bindings magically appearing around his wrists, pulling his arms to the ground. His Enkidu strength would allow him to lift his hands to shoulder height right before another binding wrapped around his throat. The bindings were made of some sort of blackish purple light resembling thorned vines, the short spikes poking into flesh painfully.

While slowly behind the enkidu officer, a cloaked figure with a red mask resembling a skull slowly approached him. He kicked up a dropped spear on the ground, flipping it into its hand and slowly raising it overhead.

I offer this soul, oh mother, for you I return this lost child to your womb. Let the lost lamb find salvation in your embrace...

~~~~~

The black knight glanced around, his expression still blank. He looked at the floating debris and sighed, his face still mending itself. So he raised his sword and swung. With one impossible thing after another, the edge of the blade seemed to move at an impossible angle, shattering and slicing the falling debris in blinding speed with a single swing. When it was done, the blade slowed, showing the crooked blade stretched and twisted like a snake, as if the blade was still half-melted.

"That.... is no normal blade," Charmr stated the obvious, his eyebrow twitching. "Commander Veiler, what do we do now?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:51 am

Just as the fire was about to hit, a bright flash of light would appear. The officers would see a girl in a pale blue gown extending a silver bell outwards and casting a glyph that placed them in a temporary ward. Once the fire hit the ward and dispelled, she glared at the floating witch from behind her butterfly mask. She then glanced at where the witch's new focus was which was...

"Goibniu!" Liseran exclaimed.

She knew the officer had been at the ceremony, but she hadn't expected him to be here fighting head on. On second thought, that would have been just like him based on Claes' letters about him. That said, she had to stop whatever the witch was doing fast.

In the distance, she could see Maia and...was that Kassandra? She wasn't sure, but that would wait. Casting a white glyph beneath her, Liseran darted herself up into the sky, casting one glyph after another as a platform as she tried to reach the witch. It was getting tricky mid-way up, she she groaned and undid the sash and clasps of her dress. The outer layer would come loose, revealing a pleated skirt and black slim leggings that blended with her black heeled shoes.

Suspending herself in the air, she cast several glyphs that would shoot ice shards the length of sabers towards the girl to distract her from whatever ritual.

"I have just as much idea as you two," the girl said as she scooted towards the edge, loading her crossbow as she did. "All I know is that floating girl and that big sword guy are fighting the Expiate and it's not looking pretty. If you want to stay and hide with me, that's fine, but don't mess up my shot."

The arrow she had loaded in her crossbow was a bright, silver white, with multiple Cartic runes etched onto it. From under the table, she could see the girl was trying to blast people and bind an Enkidu. Getting on her knees and shoulders, the girl aimed upwards.

A whir of electricity wrapped around her bow as the bolt turned into bright light, firing towards the girl and hoping to hit her right in the back just around the same time Liseran was shooting ice shards. If she was able to

She'd then look at the two with her.

"Do any of you know healing magic?" she said. "Because we should get those injured officers out of the way. I can cover for you guys."

She was already propped in a position ready to aim outside if the two were going to rush out towards the injured officers.

Richard's scowl deepened as the knight deflected his attacks with ease. Charmr mentioned that the guy was definitely not the norm when it came to Walpurgis, and Richard was assuming the best. His eyes were swiftly distracted by the witch who was causing mayhem. It was clear that she was becoming more of a threat where she was. His eyes widened when she was about to hit two officers...only for a familiar looking figure to appear and block the attack and go after her herself.

A look of what could only be horror came over his face, and now the threat of the witch felt more imminent than ever. With that the case, everyone's attention was on the witch now and she was becoming more hostile. He couldn't afford his forces to focus on the knight as well since it was obvious she was acting as support to him.

"You are going to make sure she is safe," Richard said jerking his head towards the violet-haired girl towards the sky. He began charging his sword again as he spoke. "Along with everyone else. Delilah should be here soon, but as for me..."

As the knight's blade was melted and twisting, Richard started running towards him, casting a second glyph of binding as he rushed forward. Charmr would notice him bring out a topaz stone and start casting an outer glyph over the one for binding--a glyph for teleportation.

Before Charmr could even respond, Richard would cast a transfer spell. With a blink of an eye, a bright light would engulf him and the black knight.

The black knight would find himself standing on some distance from the square. He'd be able to see the square, but everyone was close to specks. Instead, he was on top of a series of houses in an abandoned street with Commander Veiller across him wielding two cutlasses.

"I hope you don't mind me keeping you all for myself," Richard said as he cracked his neck left and right. "But if I want them to take care of your little friend, I need you far away as possible."

Richard cast another large glyph, this time summoning ice shards all around the knight in a dome formation. With one shift of his blade, each would start flying towards him at rapid speed.

Sunnivale
    Sunnivale

Post by Sunnivale Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:01 am

The girl didn't know what was happening either? This situation was getting worse by the minute. Not helped with Higini not having anything that could help them in this situation, nor do they even have any healing magic to help the injured Officer's.

"Nope and I only have this dagger."
    Cassima took out her dagger. Well it seems as though she has a job to do after all, which is to help the injured officer's get to safety.

"Sure, i'll do it, since they don't deserve what's happening to them." Cassima moved to the Lady's side.

"And i'm sure he will help too." Cassima pointed to Higini behind her as she got out from under the table and made a run towards the Injured Officer's anyway before she could hear Higini's opinion, screaming in the process.

"AHH MAKE SURE I DON'T GET HIT!" She called back to the robber as she focused on trying to get to the injured officer's while keeping a firm grip on her dagger.
    Kemp
    Kemp

Post by Kemp Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:08 am

What was she doing? She was going to die, wasn't she?

Oh well, she didn't have time to mope about all of this. She already got stopped by that strange woman, she didn't need to be distracted anymore.

The chaos around her was nothing that she imagined. There were a lot of injured expiate, others could be dead. She shuddered at the thought. Of course, there were a few things that stood out to her. Like Liseran throwing some glyphs and shooting up into the air, or Goibniu about to be killed.

That wasn't good.

She didn't know what she could even do, so she chose the one she could actually reach.

There was some freak heading towards Goibniu. Of course, there was. And it had to be someone actually intimidating. She much preferred the bumbling bandit over the weirdo with a knife. He seemed focused on the Expiate, so this was her chance.

Maia raised her dagger and ran towards the figure. If she was able to reach him, she'd thrust her dagger up underneath his raised arm, towards his armpit.
    Silverion
    Silverion

Post by Silverion Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:19 am

The Roar was a direct hit, and it affected everything in front of Goibniu, which included both the Witch and Jinn. And while he knew this would affect his fellow officer, he took respite in the fact that the Witch would also be weakened by not being able to tap into her magic. Or at least, that's what the Enkidu thought, as his thoughts were dashed away by the sight of Jinn being literally squished by a giant fist.

"What!?"
    This couldn't be... the Witch was not affected by his Roar? Or was her magic supply so powerful, that his Roar was not enough to weaken her completely? There was someone else that managed to make a quick dash towards the damaged officer, which made Goibniu focus on the Witch again. "Officers, I will provide cover!" He announced, as he aimed his pistols at the threat, aiming to unload a full barrage of bullets on her.

However, suddenly he felt an incredibly strong weight on his wrists, making his arms quite literally fall to the ground! "What in blazes??" He saw that his wrists were bound by some strange band that glowered eerily, and made his arms suddenly weight a ton. "Nngh! Your tricks... won't work on me!" He said, trying his hardest to put his arms up again, still trying to aim his guns at the Witch.

And just when he got her on his sights, a new bond appeared around his neck. He let out a gargled yelp, as his hands accidentally dropped the guns. What was around his neck? He felt like he was going to choke! In an attempt to remove the bond, he moved his right hand to pull it away, as the thorny texture would hurt his other hand. Good thing he happened to be a genius inventor of a hand made of iron.

But he wasn't aware of the threat behind him, nor the person that was going to help him.

-----

"They are attacking the Expiate? What could they want from them?" He asked, not really expecting an answer as he mostly incredulous about the entire situation, of which the thief was at least trying to do something about it by snipping those behind the attack.

"Healing? I don't possess any magics." He said, as he heard the thief suggest them to try and cure the Officers. "We can only try and and move them out of the way, I'm not sure what that woman can do with an onslaught of attacks being fired at her." But before he could elaborate, Cassima already took off, making Higini do a loud groan. "Oh geez... Please be careful, we'll try to not get in the way. And don't try to steal anything!" He warned her, as he ran with Cassima towards the injured officers.

-----

This was getting very hectic. The girl she was chasing quickly went to aid some officer that got trapped, and someone else appeared to help them. She would have gotten closer, if it weren't for the fact she saw the other person was Liseran, which made Kassandra stop on her tracks. Nearby, she noticed the Commander and the Knight vanishing, followed by distant dots appeared on top of the rooftops a fair distance away.

She was going to interject, but seeing Liseran made her believe that the girl and the officer were in good hands. Plus, having someone that can recognize her so close to other officers would only cause problems once its all set and done. "What are you thinking, child?" Trebax communed with her, as Kassandra turned to the dots in the distance.

"... Beast, I hate to suggest this." She spoke, a look of resignation in her face. "But is there a way for us to get there quick?" She pointed to the rooftops, as she heard Trebax chuckled. "You wish to clash steel? You'd be heading to your doom... I'd be my pleasure." And when, Kassandra would start feeling something course through her body. Her nerves would flare up, as if something was seeking to burst out of her, even if she wasn't feeling pain at all.

If it weren't for the fact she was wearing boots, her legs would suddenly start lighting up with strange inscriptions, but the rest of her exposed skin began to do a small orange/red glow, making Kassandra feel strange and confused. "What have you done? I feel..." She trailed off, as Trebax kept speaking in her mind. "I infused a bit of my power into you, child. You are now faster, but your mental resistance is stopping me to increase your strength. You will have to surrender your pride, or test if your skills are up to part." His voice was full of his normal condescension, which made Kassandra pout.

"Mmph, this will be enough." She said, as she began running away from the ball, her legs suddenly starting to pick up more and more speed, even more than reasonably possible, before letting out a hop. Kassandra was surprised by both the speed she now had, and the height her jump took her, but gawking at this ability wasn't going to help her. Focusing her aim at the Commander and the Knight in the distance, Kassandra made her way to them through a series of runs and wall jumps, until at one point she made one hop that made her appear between the two of them, her blue cloak swinging wildly in the night.

She knew that joining the Commander of the Expiate itself was also dangerous, but it was better this than surrounded by others. Besides, she worked better in small numbers. Impulsing her body towards him, she landed close by, and quickly took her sword out against the Knight, as she saw the ice dome attacking him. She wasn't sure if it would damage him or not, but she was going to be ready for anything.

Of course, no words were spared towards the Commander, only one hard look. If her sword was not pointing at him, then that meant something, no?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am