Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:08 am

Liseran was about to answer Goibniu when Maia came in talking about how long they were taking...only for her to storm out again.

"Well, now you have your answer," Liseran said stiffly before swooping her cloak and walking outside.

"Good luck!" Annaliese said. "I do hope you all find the locket!"

Outside, Liseran turned left and right before seeing Maia. She frowned.

"Are you alright?" she said. "You flew out the moment you went inside again."

Of course, Liseran knew why, but she'd rather Maia say it for herself.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants]

Maia nodded slowly. "I'm... Fine. Just a wee bit uncomfortable, but I'll live." She replied. She wasn't exactly happy with the whole situation, but there were more important matters going on. So she decided to bite her tongue and at least try to find the locket with Goibniu. Of course, she didn't to seem crazy like she did in Stahlmin. Maia wondered if Goibniu felt just as bad...

"Okay. Since we're all gathered here, we might as well make a plan." Maia said. "Not a smart idea to head in the swamp without any planning." It would just take one mistake for at least one of them to die in a horrific way. So Maia wanted to avoid that. "So to start, we should pick the strongest of us to be a leader, then go from there."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Once Liseran gave his answer, his smile ultimately relented and in turn, he frowned at the situation. It was too late to give up, so the only thing he could do was just go with it, and hope nothing bad happens. Once Aleph and Liseran went outside, Goibniu followed them, a bit of reluctancy in his step.

Thankfully, when he got outside, the group was still standing there instead of already on their way, meaning that maybe they were waiting for him. At least, that what he thought. Getting closer, Maia got everyone together to discuss matters and see if they can make up a plan. "I believe you mean in raw power and abilities, correct?" He asked, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "We should first list what our capabilities are to draw a better conclusion. For example," He began, patting his holster. "since I utilize long range weaponry, I am more suitable for covering someone from the back than charging head on." And then he tapped the goggles in his forehead. "In addition, with these prismatics I'd be able to pinpoint elements from afar."

"I also count with my innate Roar ability, but since it affect everyone magical in the area, including allies, I should refrain from using it."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:10 am

Yay! There were off on their adventure to find a little girl's missing locket!

Once they got outside, Maia brought up the topic of choosing a leader for their party based on capabilities. Aleph scratched his chin for a moment as Goibniu listed his abilities. He then started hopping on his feet excitedly, raising his hand.

"Ooh! Ooh! I got magic! I got healing magic, in case anybody gets injured. And I can control plants and summon tiny little tree people. They're really adorable!" He said, happily. "I also have a sword and a shield, so I can fight monsters up close and protect other people from them. I, uh...also have...fire magic. But I don't use it very much because it's...really strong and it tends to wreck stuff."

Aleph wasn't quite sure whether or not he could inform them of his Icantus' existence without frightening them out of their hides. If there was one thing people didn't like more than Walpurgis, it was Incantii. Speaking of Incantii, as Aleph spoke, a black salamander with yellow eyes and a red flame pattern on its back poked its head out slightly from underneath Aleph's hat. It looked around for a moment, examining all the individuals present. Its eyes finally rested on Goibniu, staring blankly and emptily at the Enkidu for a moment, before sticking its tongue out at him. The salamander then retreated back underneath Aleph's hat.

Aleph smiled and nodded. "So, yeah! That's what I can do!" He said.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Liseran listened attentively as she listened to a repeat of everyone's set of skills.

"It's looking for a lost locket, not outright hunting down an Incantus," she pointed out. "I don't think we need to arrange ourselves too heavily, especially since we're all together. Mister Aleph, since you have both shield and sword, I'll take they're considerably durable. You're the only one with a shield so I would like you to take the front. Worry not, Maia and Herr McCrae will both be winging you just a few paces behind you. It's true that Herr McCrae is better at the back, but if he's right at the back he can't fire any shots if we're covering his line of sight. Since Maia is swift, she would be great for flanking and doing damage at the sides if you're attacked head on. That therefore would leave me..."

Liseran pulled out her two silver bells and smiled softly.

"At the back," she said. "My spells take some time to charge, so I'm not suited for upfront battle, even if I'm capable of wielding one-handed weapons. My spells are also ranged. And I'll make sure to protect us from behind. Is this formation suitable for all of you?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia force as she heard Liseran tell them the formation. She lunged at the girl and stabbed her repeatedly in the chest and slashed her throat. Well, that's she wanted to do. In reality, she simply blushed and could only squeak in reply. "Fine by me..." It wasn't fine. She couldn't walk by Goibniu! It was waaaaaaaay too awkward. She felt like dying.

She turned to Goibniu, but couldn't look him in the eyes. "L-Let's keep Aleph safe, alright...?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:11 am

When everyone was explaining their abilities, Goibniu took notice of a strange thing that appeared out of the corner of his eyes. Moving his irises, he wasn't able to see Sal in time, but he did noted that something inside Aleph's hat just... Moved. Did he have a pet inside? Or was that just some weird hair case?

"... Ah!" His eyes widdened as he was snapped out of his focus by Maia's words. "Oh, yes, fear not, we'll be able to safeguard him properly, right lad?" Goibniu said, as he made memory of Liseran's explanation: Stay by Aleph's side alongside Maia while Liseran hangs in the back. He did feel a bit awkward being paired with Maia to keep the boy safe, but it'd be counterproductive to argue with Liseran, she seemed like the better tactician than him, after all.

Doing a small cough, he turned to Liseran, and made an approving nod. "I agree Madam Dormirse, I'll keep my eyes peeled!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:11 am

Aleph listened as Liseran suggested that the group assume a formation. Since Aleph was the only one with a shield, it seemed clear that he would have to take the frontline, with Maia and Goibniu flanking him on both sides, and Liseran taking the rear. Seemed simple enough.

"Right!" He nodded at everyone, then smiled. "Let's do it!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

Liseran nodded.

"Right," she said. "Now, we should just need to keep walking straight until we come upon an intersection. There will be a sign there showing which way leads to the swamp."

As of now, they were still out in the hot sun. Plains filled with soft, downy grass were on each side. Gold wheat peppered the far distance with a few houses and mills right by them. Now, Liseran being Liseran, she was rather inquisitive and whatever silence had befallen their team was broken soon enough.

"I hope you all don't mind me asking," she said. "But I'm rather curious as to what all made you choose this specific job. It's a simple enough task with good pay, yes, but anything else other than that? Especially since I know some of you have proper jobs?"

The last statement seemed to be directed towards Maia and Goibniu.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am

Maia raised an eyebrow. "I'm a Walpurgis. I get paid less than the other couriers. Besides, a good deed never hurt anyone." She replied. She was more than happy to help the woman with her problem. For Maia, it was more than payment. Sure it was nice, but making someone happy, making some believe she wasn't some sort of monster, that's what she enjoyed.

Maia looked sadly at the houses and fields. "I wonder what it's like..." She said softly. "To be normal. To have a family, to live a simple life. Heh. Guess we'll never know..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:34 pm