Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:05 am

Maia had to resist the urge to stab the bartender. But the thought it wasn't worth it, and chose to follow the others instead. The woman seemed to not have heard them. Which was weird because she was only a few feet away from them to begin with. What was with people in this inn?

"Maia. I'm a courier, but I used to study Carta magic. I know a few spells, have one for healing and speed. Also, I would probably be the best person to carry the locket. I treat my cargo like it's the most precious thing in the world. And in its case, it might be."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lost Locket [Sidequest: Open to 4 applicants]

Aleph smiled when he finally met the women who had put up the quest ad on the signboard. While the bartender wasn't quite the most helpful individual in the world, the woman seemed very sweet and polite. It was a shame that she lost her locket, though.

"It's nice to meet you! My name's Aleph." He said, smiling. "I have healing magic and I can control plants. So, it won't be a problem if your locket's stuck in a tree somewhere! I've also got some fire magic, just in case all else fails. And I have a sword and a shield, so I'll be able to protect everybody from whatever's thrown our way!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Liseran gave the other two a quick glance when they stated their abilities, and then quickly proceeded with stating hers.

"I'm a Cartic school graduate," she said. "I know several elemental spells, basic Cartic manipulation, and specialize in defensive properties and force spells."

Annaliese nodded with everything she heard and closed her eyes.

"Alright, then," she said. "I suppose if you weren't capable, you wouldn't be able to find it, anyways. That said, I would have liked a tracker, but beggars cannot be choosers. I lost my locket near the swamp, as I've said, but the exact location would be between two trees and an abandoned camp site where I was staying at. It might have already been cleared out or it could be used by someone else now. I just hope no one's picked up the locket and taken it for their own. Do you have any questions before you go?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

"Nothing really important. I say we just go." Maia replied. Her real question is why a woman like her would be staying in the swamp? Wasn't it dangerous? Though, Maia didn't want to ask. Wasn't really her place. She would do the job and get payed. Simple as that. And with that, she followed the other two outside.

As she walked with the others outside she grumbled a bit. "I hate it when people ask for my name. Oh well, at least she didn't ask for my full name. Things could get a little messy..."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:06 am

As the conversation continued inside the bar, anyone close to the door would hear footsteps for someone that was approaching the location. It'd then be replaced by a door creak as an Enkidu made his presence be known in the bar. The Enkidu being none other than Goibniu, who after seeing the note related to a lost locket, decided to strap his boots and ehad to Aldmerrow to perform the job. One can tell from his enthusiastic smile that he was looking forward for to a fantastic job.

His assemble consisted on his regular clothing of white dress shirt, brown vest and pants, and black boots, as well as his bullet strap, right glove and goggles accesories. He was carrying a belt with a holster for his firearm, and on top of that, a light brown long coat to protect him from the outside. The hood was not up, so his small horns were pretty much in display of everyone.

Regardless, he scanned the bar to see where the barkeeper and quest giver was, and not only they were found, but also 3 individuals that were apparently in for the quest as well? Companions, nice! He didn't recognize the fellow, but the other two were familiar...

Squinting his eyes, he realized that the other two were Maia and Liseran.

Not nice.

Goibniu did a small gulp after realizing they were here. He still remember when he met them back in Stahlmin not too long ago, and the meltdown that occured after that. Now he wasn't so sure about pursuing this, but at the same time, he already reached Aldmerrow, it'd be a loss to high tail it right away.

Besides, he couldn't let a locket be lost when someone wanted it back, that'd be very ungentlemanish of him!

Taking a small, deep breath, Goibniu went ahead and got to the counter, his smile not disappearing besides his current predicament. "Greetings! I came to offer myself to search the ellusive locket." He said to Annaliese before turning to the other 3. "I'd seem that there's still space for one more, given what it was stated in the petition, I'd be glad to join in the current party!"

God, he hoped this wouldn't go belly up. Even if it's just a lost locket, what could possibly go wrong?
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Aleph listened as Annaliese gave out the details of the locket's possible whereabouts. Apparently, it was lost at an abandoned camp site somewhere near a swamp. It seemed like a weird place to be camping. But Aleph wasn't one to judge.

Anyways, they were starting their adventure! Yay! However, before they could leave the bar, a very strange-looking man came in. Said man had a pair of horns and a thick mustache. Oh dear. That man looked like a deer.

Oh deer.

Regardless, it seemed like the man also wanted to join in and help look for the girl's missing locket. Aleph smiled. Well, wasn't that nice of him? Plus, he had another person to be around! Another friend! Hooray!

"We'd be glad to have you on the team!" He said to the man. "My name's Aleph! What's yours?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia had gone on to rush out ahead. Liseran was going to follow after her only to see Goibniu come in. Her eyes widened for a moment in surprise. Goibniu of course went ahead to Annaliese, who seemed surprise as well there was another person for the inquiry.

"Oh, it seems yes, there is still a spot left," she said. "I actually just finished briefing the others about my locket. It got lost at a camp site near the lake. The remains of the fire and the tent might still be there so you might not have trouble finding it. Otherwise, it's between two glowfruit trees that are evenly spaced from one another. I've looked all over the area so I'm worried it might be underwater. Plus, I would look more but I have work to attend to. The rest have already introduced themselves so you may go ahead and see them."

Liseran of course tried to be polite. She made a small curtsy again, though she wore a puzzled expression on her face.

"Oh...Herr Goibniu..." she muttered. "How strange to see you here."

Maia is not going to like this.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Maia turned on her heel. Apparently no one else was coming outside with her. Just fantastic. Now she had to awkwardly slip back in the Inn. Her companions weren't being very good companions at the moment. Weren't they supposed to go on the quest together? Sheesh! Maia opened the door to the inn and grumbled at Liseran and Aleph. "Are we going to find the locket, or are two going to by a round of mead?" She said with raised eyebrow.

Then her eyes drifted forward. And her blood immediately turned to ice. In front of her, was the last man she ever wanted to see. Goibniu McCrae, the Enkidu Expiate who she snapped at the last time she was in Stahlmin. Great. She didn't even reply. Instead, she ran outside and slammed the door shut. Maia was tempted to run away. She could, she was pretty quick after all. But she also made a promise...

She sighed. "Just deal with it, Maia..." Maia whispered to herself.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:07 am

Goibniu's forced smile greeted Aleph as from a corner of his eye he noticed how Maia seemingly got out as fast as she could. Part of him wanted to think she was just that eager to find the locket, but he knew she probably didn't want to deal with him. This was really going to be complicated.

"Glad to meet you, Sir Aleph, I am Goibniu McCrae!" He said, offering his left hand for a handshake. Whether the act is done or not, he turned to Annaliese as she gave out the instructions to him. "Seems simple enough. Fear not, you shall recover your locket in no time!" She didn't seem particularly distressed, but the reassurance was always good.

However, he needed to face the elephant in the room. Turning to Liseran, his features began giving away a more worried look. "Do not worry, I just came to see if the job was still available. I didn't expect to find either of you here, but I'm glad to find acquaintances in this quest." He said, before his eyes turned to the door. "Is... Is Madam Tommelise going to accompany us?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:07 am

Aleph happily shook the man's hand as he introduced himself. Goibniu, huh. It seemed like a really bizarre name to have, and it was certainly one that Aleph had never heard of before. Regardless, the party had a new member now, and that was good.

However, what was not as good was the apparent tension and awkwardness between Goibniu and Maia. It seemed like the two had a prior history, and not a very nice one at that. Regardless, Aleph quickly ran after Maia as she ran out of the bar.

"Wait! I'm coming!" He said, hurrying after the woman. "Don't leave without us!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm