Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Hurting and The Lost

KitKet
    KitKet

The Hurting and The Lost - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hurting and The Lost

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:32 pm

"They took me from my freedom." Ira responded matter of factly as they waited.

Soon though, they were on the move. Ira felt relatively calm despite the circumstances. She felt the warm sunlight on her skin as they stepped outside and let out a very relieved sigh. It felt good to feel that warmth once again...Ira cocked her head to the side when Hana asked if she could climb. "I can but..." She suddenly grew quiet, her head tilting downwards. "I promised I'd play flowers..." She muttered, her hand squeezing Hana's just a bit harder. "I doubt I will find my way back here easy."

For once, Ira seemed to be doubting herself. It seemed stupid, but keeping her promises was important to her. It wasn't something she was taught to do either...it was just her. Something that she had for herself. Ira never broke her promises. She wouldn't break this one either.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Hana smiled warmly at Ira and took the blind girl's hand into two of her own.

"Well, since you want to honor that so much, I guess play we shall!" Hana said.

She'd giggle, a delightful little peal of laughter that was both warm and gentle.

"That said, even if I don't remember anything, I do know playing with flowers is fun!" she said. "I like to make little flower crowns and put them on people's head or tie them in hair. You have such lovely hair. Can I braid it by any chance?"

Hana would touch a few strands of Ira's hair to emphasize the gesture.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Ira seemed to brighten a bit as Hana relented and agreed to play with her. Though the chance in her expression was minor, a slight widening in her eyes and her lips twitching upwards ever so slightly. "Thank you Hana." She gave her hand one last squeeze before Hana began to explain just what she would like to do.

Again, Ira felt her cheeks began to burn as she felt Hana touch her hair. She very nearly rose her hand and pushed Hana's away...but...she'd promised. Ira's eyes shut tightly as she tried to fight back her own embarrassment. "You may do as you like with me."

She gulped audibly and took a small breath. "Though you should also show me how to make these....flower crowns you said? After I mean."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Seeing Ira blush, Hana let out a small coo. Before Ira knew it, Hana's arms were wrapping around her a liiiiittle too tightly.

"Oh my goodness! You're so cute all embarrassed like thiiis~" Hana said unaware she was being a little too affectionate. "You know, you just remind me of Tala when she was--"

Ira would feel Hana freeze. By this time her grip had loosened and Ira would easily be able to pull away. She wouldn't see it, but Hana was staring blankly at her hands.

"Tala..." she murmured. "That name..."

For a moment, Hana saw a young, scrawny girl with tanned skin and dark hair that looked purple in the light. She had cute gold ribbons at the sides of her hair. Ribbons Hana herself had placed and...the image began to turn murky.

No, please! Please let me remember! Hana told herself.

But once again the image was gone.

Hana stared at her hands for a moment.

"What was I saying?" Hana said.

She blinked.

"Oh, right, flower crowns," Hana said, forcing a smile. She looked at Ira. "I can show you yes. Since you can't see, I can guide your hands. Here, take these two flowers first, and..."

Hana's voice would come off a lot weaker than it had earlier. Almost half-absent. However, Ira would feel the petals of two flowers in her hand. Hana would raise on of them to Ira's nose.

"Daisies," Hana announced. She'd force Ira's fingers to pinch the stems. "We'll twist them around this here...twig!"

She'd guide Ira's hands before letting go.

"Now you try!"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:15 pm

"Nn- S-stop! I'm not cute or em...em...blush!" She shook her head violently as she stumbled back, her cheeks burning furiously. She did notice Hana's sudden silence though, as well as her weakening grip. She had mentioned someone right before she went quiet...Her mind had remembered? Then maybe forgot again? Ira wasn't sure, but she wasn't about to pretend like nothing happened.

She let Hana guide her hands, and sniffed the flowers themselves when presented. She was very thoughtful to her current predicament...It was almost moving. Still, she needed to address how Hana was currently. "You're sad now." She said flatly, despite her blindness, Ira almost seemed to be looking Hana in the eyes. "I'm blind, but I can hear a...um...fake smile." To fully show her point, Ira raised her hands, while still pinching the flowers, her pinkies raised and pushes the edges of her mouth up. "It's not good." She said, dropping her hands and idly trying to continue weaving the flowers. "Tell me what is wrong and how I can help. That way your smile will become real."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Hana went quiet as Ira spoke. She let out a small, rueful hum.

"Well...that's the thing.." Hana said. "I don't know why I'm sad..."

Hana lifted her hands and stared into her palms.

"You told me this morning that my head is bad..." she murmured. "I don't remember all the details, but I'm remembering doctors telling me that I have bad memory and that...after today again, I'm going to forget..."

Hana sighed. Even if Ira couldn't see her, she was still trying to force a smile as she shuffled into sitting position and hugged her knees.

"Just when I think I'm remember something that makes me happy, it disappears," she said. "It's like I'm in an ocean of water and just as I'm about to pull up onto the surface, a wave swallows me whole again. And I know if I stay here, then..."

Hana clutched her palms closed.

"I'll be this way forever," she said. "But not much I can do but stay trapped here, I guess? It's not all that bad. There are pretty flowers here right?"

She let out a small giggle and sniffed one of the flowers for good measure.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:38 pm

Ira listened quietly as Hana spoke. The way she described what she was going through...It hurt her. Her chest felt heavy as she listened. Despite the fact that she was an outsider. Despite the fact that she shouldn't get close...

Ira moved forwards and wrapped her arms around Hana. "It will be okay Hana." She muttered. Hugs made the woman happy, she knew that much. If she could provide some small modicum of comfort to the woman who had already done so much for her...Well she, herself would be happy.

"...You don't have to be trapped if you don't want." Ira suddenly said. "...I can help you...if you want."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:54 am

Hana was fumbling with the flower stems when Ira wrapped her hugs around her. Hana was legitimately surprised, considering that Ira hadn't been too keen on affection earlier. Ira would feel Hana place her hands gently on her arms, accepting the hug.

It was when Ira offered to help her that Hana spoke again.

"I...I can't possibly leave," Hana said, trying to sound cheerful. "How would I live outside? I can't...I can't remember things. Besides, I'd only burden you if I was out there."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Once Hana seemed to calm a little, Ira finally moved back a little. Her face was burning quite red at the moment, but she didn't seem to acknowledge it the least bit. While not being the most expressive, Hana would notice Ira's face noticeably darken as she forced a cheerful tone.

"Live in truth. You are not doing me or yourself a favor by pretending." She let out a tiny sigh at her doubts and shook her head.
    "I don't know if you...aware, but I am new blind."
    She waved a hand in front of her own face. "I'll need you as much as you need me. Besides, if they haven't cured you here...The answer might be outside." Hopefully for both of them...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:17 am

Hana listened as Ira talked, her smile brightening as she could tell Ira was doing her best to comfort her. The blind girl would hear Hana give off a small chuckle before feeling a soft hand touch her head.

"You're so kind to me for someone I just met..." Hana said. "You sure we haven't known each other for longer?"

She let go of Ira and made a small hum.

"That said, okay, I"ll go with you," Hana said. "But if we do, we're going to need a plan. One we can do today before I forget. I don't know anything about this place, but this wall should be a way out. Another way is the one I saw, but it'll be guarded. We'll also need supplies. You don't happen to have rations in there, do you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 pm