Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Hurting and The Lost

KitKet
    KitKet

The Hurting and The Lost - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hurting and The Lost

Post by KitKet Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Ira was certainly several kinds of shocked by Hana's resulting reaction. Her own eyes widened slightly as the older woman rushed out of bed and away from Ira. Truthfully, Ira would be lying if she said she wasn't disappointed by this. She quickly shook off those errant thoughts, though.

Gingerly, she pushed herself up, feeling around the bed to try and get her bearings. If this was Hana's room...

Like she remembered every detail.

Ira let out a small sigh and shook her head. "Your mind is bad?" Ira said, tilting her head. That made sense given what Hana had said to her before...Well she mentioned that "they reminded her who she was." The rest was just logic. "I'm Ira. You are Hana. You were helping me and....I fell?" She gripped her head. There was a dull ache like always, but it was manageable. "You wanted to play flowers....Er, with flowers. I said I would if you helped." She said this all matter of factly, scooting towards the edge of the bed. "This is a place for healing I guess? Though they are mean to me here..." Ira's voice lowered and it almost seemed like she was pouting. "Are you okay then?"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:25 am

"My mind is bad?" Hana repeated in confusion.

Ira called her by her name and explained who she was. She mentioned flowers, which instantly made Hana relax. Despite not remembering anything clearly, the idea of flowers seemed very familiar to Hana. Like she used to play with them a lot.

I wait by the flowers for -----

Who?

Hana shook her head. The girl in front of her looked like she was in pain. She mentioned she had fallen.

Hana would go to her, gingerly touching her as if she was worried the girl would grip her.

That's because she already di---

Another sentence seemed to form in Hana's mind only to vanish again. Whatever she tried to remember seemed to escape like a vivid dream that one forgot the moment they woke up.

Ira explained this was a place for healing, and that also seemed familiar to Hana.

"I see...that does sound...right," she murmured. Her eyes lowered and Ira would feel Hana's grip temporarily tighten before releasing. She'd hear a small sigh. "I am okay. Thank you for telling me, Ira. Also, it's nice to meet you! I noticed your head is hurting. If this is a healing place, should I go ask for help?"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Hana would feel Ira visibly stiffen as she was grabbed. Ira resisted the urge to grab her wrist once again, instead cooly slipping out of her grasp and moved back in the bed. A hostile interaction literally every time they met would be bad...Though she still needed to establish boundaries. She held up her hand, waving it dismissively and shaking her head. "It always hurts. It's not bad now, meaning I had my....drink." Oh, that was right! "Are my things around? They are....a pack and a belt with...things on them." She scratched her head in agitation, she hated this dumb language. "We found them, but then I fell."

As she spoke, she began to scoot forward, testing her feet against the ground before standing, raising her hands to the sky and stretching. "Don't ask them, they'll be mean to me again." She huffed, sighing and relaxing her body and leaning against the bed. "I'd like to leave, but I promised we'd play flowers."

She crossed her arms, her eyes closing in what seemed to be intense thought. "But they'll get me if I stay...Um.." A hand raised, pressing against her temple. It was a problem for sure.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Hana smiled, her head tilting curiously as Ira expressed her dislike of being touched. As Ira explained that she was always in pain and needed a drink, Hana's light pink eyes began to wander around the room.

"A pack and belt?"

She noticed Hana trying to feel her way to get off the bed and once again paid attention to her eyes.

"Can you not see?" she asked. Ira also mentioned not asking the pack and belt from the helpers in the facility because they were "mean", and this made Hana instantly wary about the place. "Being mean is no good. That said, I don't think I have to. They're right here on the end table and--"

Hana paused in front of the end table. There were two notes on it. One was a note that had been stained by some sort of liquid. It had faded out most of the ink except the word "Corvus". Like the bird?

Despite being a trivial word, she felt a sense of urgency to it. There was an underlying reason as to why she had written that note, and it felt just within arms reach. However, when she tried to place her finger on it, the image in the water only rippled and vanished.

A second note on the table wrote: "Help Ira. She's a friend."

A friend?

Hana instantly perked up and moved over to Ira. It made sense. Ira wanted to play games with her!

"These are what I found. Are these it?" Hana said as she gave Ira the pack and belt. "So, you're my friend right? Does that mean you can tell me about myself? Also, you mentioned wanting to leave?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:38 pm

"No." Ira said flatly. She wasn't fond of not being able to see, and someone pointing it out NEVER made her happy. Fortunately good news came next. Her packs were there. Ira let out an audible sigh of relief. Knowing her potions were close by did WONDERS for her mood. Her headache almost seemed to go away entirely.

Some light seemed to show on her face as Hana handed her her things. Ira hugged them tight to her chest, looking pleased for a moment before remembering herself. She was quick to fall back to a neutral expression as Hana asked about herself. "Not really. We only met a little before we slept together." ...That didn't sound right.

Ah, it was probably fine.

"All I can say is you're nice and I owe you." At her next question, Ira gave a small nod. "Yes, I'm searching for a way to...fix my eyes. I can't in here, I already know that." After a moment, she shifted and sighed. "Like I said, I owe you. So I won't go until I repay you."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Hana's shoulders drooped when Ira told her that, no, she couldn't tell Hana about anyone she was. She wondered if other people in the facility were going to be able to tell her. Ira went on to explain they had only known each other for awhile and slept together.

The last phrase, Hana definitely misinterpreted as her face instantly flashed red. A hand would cover her mouth in embarrassment.

"S-slept together?" she stammered. "I, err...I didn't think I'd be so forward as to make love with someone on my first day meeting them. b-but...since you're younger than me, I take full responsibility for what occurred and know I'm sorry that I don't remember how lovely last night was!"

At this point, Hana was practically blurting things out in embarrassment when something dawned on her a liiiiittle too late. She instantly straightened up and scratched her head.

"OOHHHH, you mean LITERALLY!" she said. And then chuckling nervously, "Eheh...that would make more sense. A-anyways! I don't mind not playing flower games. It's not like I remember the promise. I'd be more than happy to just help you with things instead and play games afterwards!"

Hana looked at the room.

"So, for one, is the room locked? And did you see if we have any way out of here?"

Hana processed her words.

"Ah, right, you're blind. Nevermind! If you want, we can look for a way out for you together. I can guide you," she said.

Hana would place a hand on Ira's arm, not to squeeze her or hold her, but to gesture she wanted to hold hands.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Ira gave a very slow blink as Hana suddenly began to panic. It only took a few moments for HER to realize her blunder. Slowly, she began to feel a small burning in her cheeks. Why did their stupid language have to be so tough to learn!?!?!?! "U-um..." She began to try and explain, but luckily Hana figured out her mistake and quickly laughed it off.

"I remember the promise though." Ira doubled down, her frown only deepening. "I'm going to keep it, whether you want me to or not." A small beat passed and she placed a hand to her face. "I'm apologies. I'm being too much."

As Hana stepped forward, Ira had to keep herself from stiffening or pulling away. The woman's touch was gentle at least, and she understood what she was trying to do at least. "...Sure." She said halfheartedly. She didn't like this, but what other choice did she have? "Do your best to stay away from the doctors. I won't go back with them." Gently, Ira reached out and tried to take one of Hana's hands.

God this was embarrassing.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Ira wouldn't see it (of course), but Hana was smiling brightly at her.

"Alright, I'll do my best," she said perkily.

She'd slowly open the door and peer out. She was greeted by white hallways and patients in gowns such as herself. The patients, for the most part, seemed entirely oblivious. Many walked with a dull look on their face, and didn't seem to even regard Hana and Ira as they passed by. As they reached another hallway, Hana tried to look around.

"I see two open doors leading outside," she said. "But the other has the doctors and nurses so we should try the other one. That said..."

Hana tilted her head.

"Why don't you want to see the doctors? What did they do that was mean?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:56 pm

"Thank you, Hana." Ira sighed with relief and began to quietly let Hana lead her. With her memory how it was...they might as well BOTH be blind. Still, there was something about Hana that made Ira trust her.

"Understood" Ira said calmly, ready to move forward. Suddenly, though, Hana began to ask a few questions. Ira didn't mind answering, but...was now the time? "Locked me in bed and stole my drinks." She said flatly, a scowl briefly appearing on her face. "Plus they...stole? Me in the first place. I don't belong here." She muttered. "I will leave though..." She said simply, like she was up and stating a fact.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm

"Stolen?" Hana asked curiously.

Her eyes lowered to the ground and she contemplated for a moment. Once the doctors and nurses left, Hana would pull on Ira and lead her out through one door that led into the daylight. Shielding her eyes for a moment, she noticed that she was in what appeared to be a backyard. There was a wide strip of grassy fields full of flowers and tables with chairs and trees. Some people seemed to be taking their tea. Others picnics. They were all patients however. As Hana led Ira out further, she surveyed the area. At the end, she noticed a brick wall surrounding the perimeter. Hana frowned.

"This...does not seem to be the exit," she said. "But we are outdoors! M-maybe we can have you go over the wall? Are you capable of climbing?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:31 am