Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Legend of...

KitKet
    KitKet

The Legend of... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Legend of...

Post by KitKet Thu May 16, 2019 8:03 am

"Well, thank you dove. I appreciate all the kindness. Also? Just call me Ren." Ren gave the girl a wide smile before looking at the food itself. It all looked delicious, and she was starving too. Still, she needed to restrain herself. Small bites, proper etiquette...all that nonsense. She needed to retain some semblance of professionalism despite literally everything that had just happened. This food was all so amazing though....she was having a REALLY hard time NOT up and gorging herself. She never got to eat such good food~

Ren looked up suddenly when Dorrance mentioned an ulterior motive. Of COURSE her mind went elsewhere and she very nearly tossed a line out. Luckily for her, Dorrance continued speaking. Ren, herself blushed slightly at her own dirty mind. All the same, a response was expected. "I'd love to perform for you, dove." She knew she probably meant for a party or something, but goddamn it she was a sucker for how cutely Dorrance reacted when she spoke. "I'll be back in tiptop shape in no time, I give you my word."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 am

"Miss R-Ren," she slowly repeated.

She gave a brisk nod, uneasily stirring herself a cup of tea as the bard continued to speak. Ren seemed to agree to the offer of performing, to which Dorrance's embarrassment temporarily vanished...only to return as Ren once again called her dove.

"Y-you may call me Dorrance, if you'd like," she said meekly. "Dorrance Blankenheim."

She stopped stirring, placing the dainty little teaspoon back on the saucer before taking a hefty sip to calm her nerves. She wasn't really used to being on the bargaining end of things, so trying to assert what she wanted was by all means a little challenging for her.

"There's no real hurry about rushing you back into the spotlight so soon," she reassured. "As for performing, I'd be happy to provide you with lodging here. You mentioned you weren't staying anywhere, right? I think here would be fine so we could review your material sufficiently. Erm..I suppose I should mention what kind of performance is needed. I'll be...having a party of sorts here with some nobles visiting. It's going to be in honor of my deceased husband. Do you think you have material that would go well for such an event?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri May 24, 2019 11:15 pm

"No need for formality either. You've already seen me in QUITE a state." She laughed despite herself. Honestly, she was still embarrassed about all that, but hey, she needed to laugh at the past! She continued to eat as Dorrance introduced herself. Ren beamed at her name, leaning forward slightly. "You have a very pretty name, Lady Dorrance." Of course SHE would be formal though...Well despite calling her 'dove' up till now.

Oh holy fuck.

She was an asshole.

Ren stared wide eyed as Dorrance went and told her about her deceased husband. Oh my god that had to be recent didn't it? She'd been flirting with a mourning widow! She was SUCH AND ASSHOLE! "I'm so sorry for your loss, Lady Dorrance." She placed a hand on her chest, frowning at the girl for the first time. "I promise you I will not fail you here." She hesitated, looking a little embarrassed suddenly. "A lot of my songs are...Let's say upbeat. I can come up with a new routine for the occasion then. I'm no stranger t-" Gods, now SHE was getting flustered. "I won't fail you, I mean." She'd already said that....It was better than finishing her previous sentence though.

"Thank you for giving me the honor of playing for you." Oh goddamn it she shouldn't have said it like that should she? It was at this point, red was starting to creep across HER cheeks.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat May 25, 2019 2:08 am

If Ren managed to look up at Dorrance as she fumbled a response, she'd see the tiniest smile form on Dorrance's lips. It wasn't a shy smile, however. It seemed...empty. But whatever glimpse she had would end as it would disappear and Dorrance sipped her tea.

"Please do not apologize," Dorrance would say sheepishly. "My husband's death was unfortunate, but definitely one that was not anyone's fault.

And then, in a lower tone, "Accidents happen, after all."

Dorrance would then exhale and offer Ren a more genuine smile. "I have no doubt of your skills, and I'd love to discuss it more very soon. That said..."

Dorrance's eyes would hover towards a nearby grandfather clock behind Ren and near the window.

"I'm afraid I must temporarily be elsewhere," she said.

Dorrance would rise, placing her teacup and saucer on the table and smoothing out the creases in her dress. She'd give a small bow.

"I apologize again for suddenly having to leave," she said. "The time got away from me and I forgot about a very important appointment. That said, I hope I can make it up to you by allowing you to be my guest tonight--and longer, if you accept it. I think it would be best if you were nearby so I could approve of your arrangements for the special day. What say you, Miss Ren?"

As she said the last part, Dorrance's previous flustered expression seemed to vanish. She seemed more in control of her emotions now and there was an air of confidence and composure about her. Her green eyes looked at Ren steadily.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun May 26, 2019 1:02 am

Ren was beginning to notice something odd about Dorrance. Every now and then, certain expressions about her would seem...off. Her most recent smile being one of them. The tone she used to speak of her husband's death being an accident seemed....well a bit ominous. It could be in her head though. She hadn't been around nobility, so she really didn't know how they acted.

Plus, maybe her marriage to her husband hadn't been a happy one?

It was...probably best for her to stop guessing.

"Oh? Sorry if I kept you, Lady Dorrance." She kind of liked saying that. Nobility was cute. Lord this and Lady that. Titles really meant nothing. Hell she'd called herself the Jewel of Saadedge until it stuck.

Her being invited to stay brought a certain sparkle to her eyes that she just couldn't keep out. "R-REALLY!?" HOLY SHIT SHE WAS GOING TO STAY IN MANSION!? HEEEEEEELLL YEAH! "I-I mean I think that's wise! I can be a hard girl to track down otherwise." She let out a nervous laugh. "As long as I don't trouble you, I'd be honored to be your guest." After her 'noble' words, Ren simply gave the woman a bright smile.

Look at her, a simple peasant from Saadedge now performing for nobility! Take that life!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon May 27, 2019 5:15 am

Hearing this, Dorrance would smile delightfully.

"Oh trust me, Miss Ren..." she said. Her eyes widened and she'd stare at Ren intently as she started to make her way out of the room. "It is I who is honored to be your host."

When Dorrance left, Ren would be greeted by a sending that showed Ren her quarters. She was given an elaborate guest room in bright pinks and corals. There was a canopy bed with a gossamer curtain for added privacy while a dressing room and armoire painted gold around the edges stood in another corner. There would be a desk with stationery and a small seat with a table for late night teas or early morning coffee. The room was also spacious enough to provide Ren with place to put her instruments.

To the east of the room was a balcony that looked out into a wide courtyard of roses and, just yonder the wrought iron gate, was the nicer part of Valdell with opulent townhouses, manors, and a winding road that led to the countryside. It was around sunset now since the sending had last spoken to Ren and Dorrance had left notes that she was free to wander around and do what she liked. Dinner was still an hour away, so if she wanted to do some dawdling, she could very do so.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon May 27, 2019 6:04 am

Well THAT was a little creepy! It was a really good thing Dorrance was so cute, otherwise Ren might actually have been a bit worried. Sadly, Ren was a sucker for a pretty face. That and money and nice beds and rich people food. It was easily pushing away any bad vibes she got from Dorrance herself. She walked, wide eyes down the corridors as she made her way to her new quarters. Pinks...weren't really her colors, but whoooo cares! It could be puke green and Ren would still be impressed by the sheer size of her room. The first thing she did was jump into her bed and let out a squeal of delight. She couldn't believe her luck!

She'd lay there a few seconds, just taking it all in. Ah she DEFINITELY had to explore this place....but first. She looked down at her clothes and frowned. Yeeaahh she had to change for sure! The note had said that Dorrance had some spare clothes in the wardrobe.

--

It ended up taking her more than a few minutes to find a suitable outfit. She doubted she'd look good in a dress. She had more of a...let's say sultry or roguish? look to her. She could pull of a dancer's skirt and maybe some ribbons, but a full on noblewoman's dress? Naw. She ended up finding QUITE and outfit though. It looked more something a man might wear, but it worked for her. Long boots with tan pants, a black vest over a nice white dress shirt and a small cloak to rest over it all. She didn't fancy the bow on her neck, so, she found a way to affix it into her hair. She didn't often do much with her hair...but somehow she pulled this off!

After that, she got up and began to wander through the halls. She'd brought along her violin, she'd always felt a bit naked without an instrument at least. She had no real destination in mind, just wanted to take in the sights of this beautiful place.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu May 30, 2019 3:48 am

The manor was a mere two storeys all told, but the sheer length and width of the abode and the lavish decorations were enough to make up for it in terms of opulence. Much like Ren's room, the manor was filled with lush pinks in the form of carpets and upholstery. Cream walls were decorated with paintings and furniture trimmed with gold accents. The carpeted hallways led to more guest bedrooms and one of the bathrooms. Some doors were locked, most likely from disuse, and another led to the study.

One door on the second floor was open and Ren could probably make the inference it was the master bedroom due to the even larger bed, the dressing table, the inside bath, and a white dress on the bed for sleeping. If she tried to go in and snoop, however, the sending would appear in front of her and shoo her the other way.

On the lower floor, the pinks were replaced with reds instead. Carpet would stretch across a black-and-white checkered floor. Larger windows were framed by vibrant red curtains and end tables were sprinkled across the hallways for the sole purpose of holding flower vases and sometimes candles.

Wandering back to the the main living room, if she inspected it again, she'd see that it was getting dark outside.The green hills had subdued to black paper cutouts of what they originally were. The sun was a dying fire in an amber sky. A bright yellow pupil in an eye staring back at her as it started to close shut. If she stared back at it, maybe she would see it briefly blink back at her?

It was fortunately still bright inside, however, as the sending had lit the chandelier. So darkness, wouldn't matter.

The sound of the grandfather clock was hollow and dull as it clucked its pendulum tongue. Paying closer detail, she would notice its face pointing...at the wrong time.

The Legend of... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRkZzi8cgh1JZk6lBLz3gZwg4AEeXo8VPBMN3rxq26Ll3XHkRN0Q

It was facing at close to midnight even if it was dusk. In need of tuning, perhaps? The face itself had delicately etched numbers on it and its golden hands...eerily sharp.

"It's dinner time."

The voice would come from behind her. Ren would see not a sending, but a person behind her. Just yey higher than her, she wore a black and white maid's outfit. Her skin was pale...but sickly so. There was a grayish tinge to it that suggested illness or poor constitution. Or at the very least lack of sunlight. Her face was small, doll-like, and her eyes a stark yellow much like the sun outside. Behind her trailed gray, thread-like hair.

She stared at Ren and her lips smiled. Her eyes, though, didn't smile with her.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu May 30, 2019 4:08 am

Ren happily hummed to herself as she walked along the halls of the house. There was quite a lot to see, and she pretty much wanted to see all of it! She WAS hoping there'd be more servants, but maybe her idea of nobility was a bit off then? She always imagined a noble having tons of servants all taking care of their every need. Either she was wrong or Lady Dorrance was a special case.

Of course she wanted to try and snoop in the master bedroom, but was quick to swiftly walk away when she was shooed away. She continued wandering, eventually reaching the lower floor. She was surprised at how fast time was passing. It was a shame, she wanted to see more before dinner...

Her eye was naturally drawn to the clock. She leaned closer, tilting her head when she noticed its time. Odd. She very nearly reached out to try and fix it when a voice behind her made her nearly jump out of her skin.

She spun backwards, only to take in....A SERVANT! So she had those after all! Ren's eyes took her in. She was very pale, not much sunlight then? She briefly wondered if servants ever even got to leave...That would be kind of sad hm..."Oh, pardon me. I must've gotten caught up exploring." She grinned, feeling just a tiny bit off put by the woman in front of her. A beat passed and Ren started to move, or follow the servant...whatever she wanted really. "So...Have you served Lady Dorrance for long? I'm to be performing for her soon. What is she like?" She'd hoped to get SOME gossip from the servant before continuing on. Dorrance was fairly interesting. There was something about her that Ren...couldn't quite put her finger on.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:52 am

The maid stood still as Ren engaged in conversation.

..."

When Ren made a move towards her, the servant would turn around and start leading her to the dining room. Ren would start asking questions as they passed through another red hallway with empty chairs facing windows.

The Legend of... - Page 3 11fc61bc0598a29385475ef9dd051a5b

It took a moment, but the maid started answering her questions.

"I've known Lady Dorrance for three years," she said in a low tone. "Basically, ever since I was hired after her wedding. I used to work in a previous estate owned by her mother-in-law. I was transferred here to serve as her personal maid. After everyone left, however, I decided to remain behind."

In response to asking what Lady Dorrance was like, she made a low thoughtful hum before replying.

"Lady Dorrance is a loving young woman," she said. "She loved Lord Marlon dearly. She loves this estate dearly. She loves all she comes across, and for that we should all be grateful."

The way the maid spoke almost sounded rehearsed, as if it was something she said often. She spoke with seriousness and an odd form of...devoutness.

Eventually, they would reach the dining room.

Dining area

The Legend of... - Page 3 7b64f55090d92d1a317e9b531d73136f

The dining area followed the red motif of the other areas, though was a lot deeper in color. A chandelier lit the room from above, making the polished wooden furniture, porcelain plates, and silver cutlery shine. A vase of roses sat in the middle of the table as decoration. The maid would pull a seat for Ren and stood next to it, waiting for when she'd sit down.

Once she did, she'd speak again.

"Tonight we shall be having deer steak with mushroom and rosemary as our main course," she said. "We shall be serving it with red wine. We have soup as the appetizer. Dessert will be a chocolate and raspberry torte. Of course, if you have any preferences or questions, I will be happy to take them before we start serving. Lady Dorrance should be joining us shortly."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:52 pm