Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Legend of...

KitKet
    KitKet

The Legend of... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Legend of...

Post by KitKet Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 am

...Well it was always nice when problems took care of themselves. Ren couldn't help but let out a small giggle as the man promptly hurt himself and stumbled away. She was pretty impressed by her heroics here...maybe she'd write a song about it later.

Sadly, she couldn't dwell on her own actions for long. The girl behind her was having some troubles it seemed.

Ren let out a small sigh, turned, and nearly collapsed. She quickly steadied herself, hoping the girl was too focused on apologizing to notice Ren's blunder. Ren blinked and shook her head. The edges of her vision were starting to grow dark. Yup, she should've rested a bit more. She was definitely going to pass out soon if she didn't sit.

But the girl was cute and she needed help.

Goddamn it all.

"I'll hear none of that talk, dove." She stepped closer, reaching out and placing her hands gently on the girl's shoulders. "The man's actions were his own, as were mine." She tilted her head, trying to catch the girl's eyes. "Please don't place any burden on yourself okay?"

Despite her now lightheadedness, Ren forced a smile. Please please PLEASE feel better.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun May 05, 2019 1:41 am

The girl's trembling would ease as Ren comforted her. When Ren made eye contact, she'd see wide green eyes glassy with tears. The girl blushed slightly and exhaled slowly to calm herself.

"I-I understand," she said quietly. "Still, thank you for intervening for me. I hope we don't have to see that man again."

Recalling the man, she gasped and looked at Ren.

"He didn't manage to hurt you, did he?" she asked. "I'm sorry, I was so nervous, I forgot about you! Are you inured?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun May 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Hell yeah! She was a master at this whole comforting this! The girl felt better, now she could sit down and..oh shit she was checking on her now...

Ren didn't really make any comment (despite having several fun retorts) when the girl thanked her. She simply smiled and nodded, desperate to move the conversation on. "No, the man only managed to hurt himself." As she spoke, she gestured for the girl to follow her. Damn it all she would just take a seat inside. "There's no need to apologize. I'm quite alright I-"

Uh oh.

The minute she began to walk a wave of lightheadedness hit her. She stopped, placing a hand to her head and breathing in. She glanced backwards and gave a smile. "Sorry, just a bit tired from today I suppose." She let out a laugh and took another step.

And then there was nothing.

The girl behind her would see Ren suddenly falter and fall forward. By the time she reached the ground, Ren was completely out cold.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun May 05, 2019 9:36 pm

The first thing Ren would feel as she came too was the much softer surface her body now laid on. Smooth and shifting to accommodate the shape of her back, she would sink slightly if she tried to move too much. If she opened her eyes, she might notice a bright white ceiling decorated with a mural of flowers and cherubs and clouds. There was a soft breeze coming in from an unseen window, as was sunlight filtered by gossamer curtains. The smell of amaranth and rosemary filled the air, as did the sound of a clock's pendulum.

When Ren passed out, Dorrance had made it a point to bring her home. She hadn't been hurt by the odd man, so it was strange she was fainted at all, but after examining her she concluded it might have been from sheer exhaustion. She had picked up a few things from her father, and assessing someone's health had been one of them.

Getting the bard to her manor a few blocks away had been no issue, either. Ren herself had been rather lightweight and, despite Dorrance's appearance, she was quite accustomed to carrier things by herself--heavier things, even. She had decided to take the alleyways in order not to draw attention. She supposed others could have been more quick to help the bard come to or to get her to the infirmary, but she preferred taking it upon herself to care for the girl. Besides, they had business to discuss.

At the moment as Ren laid in a chaise lounge in her living room, She sat in an armchair across, arching her neck as she leaned over to get a better glimpse of the bard's face. Without her cloak, her long mint-colored hair draped down in two twin tails over her shoulders before settling down in her waist, contrasting the raspberry-colored dress she had changed into.

If Ren looked at her, she would notice Dorrance staring at her a little too...intently. The large, mint-green doll eyes seemed to fixate themselves upon her as if waiting for the slightest movement. They didn't seem to blink and there was a dissociation to them that made one wonder what was going on in the young noble's head. Her porcelain face remained flushed and her breathing heavy. She said nothing and she waited as if in a vigil.
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun May 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Ren has always been a restless sleeper without several drinks to help her sleep. This would be no different. She would toss and turn every few minutes once she'd been laid down. Even while exhausted, she still only slept for a few hours before waking up. At first, her eyes fluttered briefly. She's always had a hard time waking up, even now.

Plus, the bed was super comfy~

Wait.

She NEVER got to sleep in comfy beds!

Her eyes opened wide and she quickly pushed herself up. She immediately got hit with a wave of lightheadedness and fell back down. There was an almost annoyed look on her face until she turned and saw none other than Dorrance. Ren's eyes would widen briefly for a moment. Slowly, a sheepish smile would appear on her face.

"Well I feel like a bit of a fool right now...I suppose I must've fainted. A thousand apologies for troubling you, dove. I'll be off once I get my bearings I promise." Despite her words, she didn't move just yet. She was still dizzy and had no idea if she'd just up and collapse again if she moved too much.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon May 06, 2019 4:18 am

Dorrance was still staring at her intently when Ren spoke. It took her a while to do anything but stare, but the girl would eventually blink.

"Hm?" she said as if she had missed everything Ren said. And then, gaining composure, "Please, you have no reason to apologize. If anything, this is the least I can do for your help with that frightening man."

Dorrance would then rise from her seat and move closer to Ren, looking over her warily.

"Are you feeling any better? Would you like a drink? Tea? Cookies? Anything at all."

She spoke hastily and a palpable franticness about her as she tended to Ren.

"A-and if you don't mind," she said as she started to clasp her hands together bashfully. "I'd like t-to give you a more thorough exam to see if you didn't develop a concussion o-or anything."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am

Well, she was certainly getting a strange vibe from her rescuer. She wouldn't lie and say it made her feel a little bit uneasy. Once she was finished staring, though, she was back to the cute, worried girl she'd met back in the alley.

"I mean...if you're offering I could use some water." Ren gave a small smile. Truth was, she felt quite dehydrated. She didn't want to ask for too much here...Ren's eyes did widen once more as she asked to give her a...thorough exam. After a moment, though, she relaxed once again. This girl was all nerves, there was no way this was going to be anything but a simple checkup.

"It's cute that you're so worried. I think I'm fine, but if it eases your mind...I suppose I can't say no."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 am

"O-oh! Of course!" she said when Ren requested water.

Dorrance would stoop over towards the tea table and reach for a small porcelain bell. She'd ring it, releasing a faint chime. A sending would emerge, an ethereal image of a maid buzzing in bright blue Cartic marks.

"Please fetch us some cold water and perhaps some tea and food as well," Dorrance would command.

The sending would make a small bow. Meanwhile, Ren consented to being examined. At this, Dorrance flushed--something she just seemed to do by instinct--and stepped forward.

"W-well, if you say so," she said. "I-I'll be quick. It just takes reading your Anima, is all."

Dorrance took a deep breath and touched gently at the broach at the center of her chest. As she did, a series of Cartic marks surrounded her and would float towards where Ren was. As more marks appeared, Ren would find herself in a dome of faint blue light. She would hear the faint buzz of Cartic marks as they shone over her. She would also feel something like a gentle energy flowing through her, washing over her like a gentle wave that quickly retreated back to the shore.

As this happened, Dorrance had her eyes closed and her hands raised out, as if keeping the marks together. When she finished, the Cartic marks would dissipate.

"Mmm, it seems your energy is still pretty low, but I detected no problems with you physically," she said. "I suppose this means you'll be okay."

The way she spoke, for once, was not riddled with stammers. In fact, her analysis was held with some hint of confidence. This didn't last long, however, as she soon blushed again and twiddled her thumbs.

"I g-guess I shouldn't have worried too much," she then squeaked.

The sending soon appeared again, carrying with it a tray with a pitcher of water in one hand, and a tea set. It would lay them down, its transparent hands phasing through the table as it did. It then floated to Dorrance's side, awaiting new orders.

"Thank you. I'll call again if I need anything," she said.

The sending gave a small bow and disappeared, off to do other menial chores. Meanwhile, Dorrance sat back down and offered a small shy smile to Ren.

"Please, have some water," she said as she poured her a glass. "There are some sandwiches and biscuits here, too. You should eat to restore your energy."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat May 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Oh right, magic was a thing.

Well, maybe she hit her head harder than she had initially thought. Apparently though, Ren was fine, just had pretty low energy. Ren couldn't help but sigh and throw herself back into the bed, almost pouting for a moment. "Naw it's fine, I was all dramatic about it and collapsed." She let out a sigh. At the very least she could've gotten injured by the drunk, though that would probably be just as embarrassing. "It's sweet that you're worried though. Thank you for taking care of me." She pushed herself up once more. "It's not often I get pampered, so this was actually a nice change of pace." She let out a small giggle before taking the water and sipping lightly.

She was quite surprised when she was suddenly offered food as well. "I-I don't want to take advantage of your hospitality." She wanted the food though. "You've done so much for me already." She wanted the food though! Rich people food was the best!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun May 12, 2019 1:44 am

When Ren called Dorrance sweet, the mint-haired girl's face just turned cherry red.

"A-ah, i-it's nothing, really!" she squeaked as she hid her face in embarrassment. "B-besides, i-it's the least I can do for your help back there."

She tried to gather her composure as Ren went on to talk about not being pampered often and saying she had been enough of a trouble. As the color faded from her face again, Dorrance shook her head.

"Nonsense, Miss. You'll need your strength and food will provide that," she said. "So please, feel comfortable."

She would push the tray of food closer towards Ren's end before sitting back in her own chair. She then looked at her lap bashfully.

"I-I have to admit though I had an ulterior motive in bringing you here," she said. "I thought once you'd recover we could discuss the possibility of you performing here. N-not that I'm in a rush! All that can wait until you feel better!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 pm