Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

Incertitude [Liseran/Jack]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Incertitude [Liseran/Jack] Empty Incertitude [Liseran/Jack]

Post by Lilac Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:11 am

Takes place after House of Memories

The main traveling road of Aldmerrow branched several ways a little past Janwynne and this included an alternate path towards Kaisat. Kaisat was a moderate town, not big the same way Estermount nor Janwynne were, but still a major point of traveling, especially if one wanted to head to Stahlmin. A carriage pulled up just at the start of the descending path into the town as two hooded figures got off. One wore a blue-violet cloak with a large white bow while the other was much smaller, barely half the former's size in a brown one with a yellow bow.

"You sure you're good here?" the driver asked as he was handed a small bag of denars. "I was heading down into the town entrance anyways."

"We're good here," the blue-cloaked figure said, her voice soft, but formal.

The driver gave a small shrug and drove off. The figure sighed, putting down its hood. Dark purple hair tumbled out, draping across her shoulders. Her blue eyes looked at the smaller figure apologetically.

"I'm sorry, Remi, but we have to walk from here," she said. "I couldn't risk us being asked for papers at the town entrance checkpoint."

The smaller figure also took down its robe, showing a small girl with bright green eyes and vibrant red hair. The girl beamed.

"It's okay, Lise," she said. "I'm used to walking."

The two would take hands and start heading down the path.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Incertitude [Liseran/Jack] Empty Re: Incertitude [Liseran/Jack]

Post by Grimoire Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Five minutes after they started walking, everything seemed smooth and peaceful. Ground was a little uneven but it was expected for going the unbeaten path, when they stepped on an odd patch of ground. It was lumpy and.... different. Looking down it was just another patch of green in the dirt road, but when they looked closer, under their feet wasnt grass or moss but a green cloth draped over a vaguely human shape.

"...... help ...."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:50 pm

"Lise?"

"Hm?"

"Are you sure it's okay we left?"

Liseran steps slowed down. She looked ahead, her eyes deep in thought.

"We had to," she said. "We're safest moving and not staying in one place. Besides, Aunt Claudia probably handled the problem on her own."

She glanced at Remi, noticing a trace of worry on the girl's face. Liseran's eyes softened. She raised a hand and stroked the top of Remi's head.

"Don't worry," she said. "Think of it this way, now you get to explore Esterelf like you always wanted. Would you like to see the town once we check in?"

Remi beamed.

"Yes, please! I'd love to see the train stations and the ferry!"

Liseran giggled at the girl's enthusiasm, but stopped when she felt the ground underneath her soften and then suddenly yelp.

"ACK!"

Liseran leapt back as she looked down on where she had stepped. She quickly pulled Remi away.

"Remi, step back," she said as she hovered over the body.

"A-ahm...are you okay, sir?" Liseran said trying to unveil the hood.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:35 am

As Liseran pulled back the hood, she'd see a head of messy blonde hair. The face was planted on the ground, but with great struggle, they turned their head and looked pleadingly up with gaunt cheeks and dark eyes.

"Heeelp.... fooood..." Jack moaned weakly.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:26 am

"Jack!?" Liseran exclaimed. "What are you doing here!?"

"You know this weird man, Lise?" Remi asked.

Ignoring the girl's question, Liseran knelt down and tried to help Jack sit upright, supporting him on her lap.

"Remi, hand me some of the water and a sandwich," she said.

Remi dug into her satchel and complied. Liseran handed Jack a slice of raspberry sandwich, while holding onto a flask of water.

"Here," she said. "Your sugar must be low."

She had no idea what Jack was doing at the edge of Aldmerrow, but she supposed questions could be asked later.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Jack was weak and limp for the most part, but when the sandwich and water was raised towards him, his nose twitched like a dog's and his right hand raised from under his travelling cloak and took the food quickly.

"Thank you so much," Jack sighed with a look of bliss. He quickly finished and let out a relaxed sigh. "Ah, to think I'd end up collapsing before I reached the town. If you hadn't come by, who knows what would've happened."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Liseran squeaked when Jack suddenly started scarfing down the food. The sandwich seemed to be enough to sustain him. When he finished speaking, Liseran crossed her arms, frowning.

"Yes, you're quite lucky," she said with the firmness of a strict mother. "What are you even doing all this way alone without supplies? It's quite reckless."

Liseran felt movement behind her skirt. When she noticed, Remi was clutching onto it, hiding from the man.

"Remi, what's wrong?"

Remi, wide-eyed, looked at Jack intently.

"He gives me a weird vibe," she said. "I don't like him."

"Remi!" Liseran scolded.

To be fair, Liseran didn't disagree with her. The encounter at the Sky Garden showed that he was deceptively strong and she still wasn't entirely sure what his motivations were for being at the library. Still...he had saved her and Cassima...

Liseran sighed and tried to reassure the girl.

"You don't need to worry about him," she said gently. "I know him. He's...a friend, more or less. Also, it's not nice to say people are weird."

Liseran was totally going to ignore she called Jack "odd" twice before.

She turned back to the green-cloaked wanderer and tried to help him up.

"Even if you've eaten, you obviously need to rest," she said. "Remi and I are going to an inn. You can stay with us until you've recovered, if you'd like."

"Eeeeeh? Whyyy?" Remi said.

Liseran gave Remi a glance and the girl zipped her lips.

How she's fine with a person who looks like a vampire and not a person simply wearing a dirty green cloak is beyond me, Liseran thought to herself.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Jack was strong enough to stand now, rubbing the back of his head as he gradually recovered. He looked at Liseran and stared intently, when his eyebrows raised and he gasped, pointing at her.

"Ah! The self-sacrificing character!" Jack exclaimed. He smiled brightly as if he only just realized who he was talking to was an old friend. "Aaah, thanks so much. I was in such a pickle."

He rubbed the back of his head and looked disgruntled as if recalling the last few days was a struggle.

"Well I was travelling as usual, but in the last town I was in I ended up spending all of my remaining money. I was sure I'd make it till I can find work in the next town but... well you can guess the rest. But don't worry, I'll pay you back once I find the treasure!"

Jack's eyes sparkled with confidence and he grinned  brightly. "See, this vender sold me something that'll lead me to a horde of gold! I'll make back my money tenfold thanks to these-"

Jack lifted up his fist and opened his palm, revealing...

"-magic sunflower seeds!" Jack beamed. "As long as I carry these on me, once I approach close the treasure, these magic seeds will glow and show the way!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm

As Jack said the nickname, Liseran's face instantly flashed red.

"I-I told you not to call me that!" she said as she stomped her foot on the ground.

Remi looked on in confusion as Jack explained his situation. Liseran frowned with crossed arms.

"Really, you don't have to worry about paying us anything," she said. "I owed you back at the Sky Garden anyways. Now what nonsense are you talking about with treasure and--"

When Jack revealed sunflower seeds, but Liseran and Remi stared incredulously.

Remi tugged on Liseran's skirt and whispered.

"Lise...is this man crazy?"

"Remi!" Liseran whispered back.

Liseran blinked for awhile before quickly grabbing Jack by the ear and yanking him in the direction of the town.

"Alright, it is obvious you still lack rest and food, so you're coming with us," she said plainly.

Despite her small size, she was managing to tug him with incredible force.
    Grimoire
    Grimoire

Post by Grimoire Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:24 pm

"Ow ow ow ow! Hey what's the deal??' Jack whined as Liseran forced him to follow. "Seriously, I'm fine, I can- ow ow ow! You're just like my mother!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:36 pm