Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 2 Empty Re: These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by Lilac Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 pm

"A-ahh...sh-shee...acck..."

Even if this wasn't new, Claes felt like shrinking into her boots when Kiara started shouting. She was, to put it lightly, taking the Chief Commander's criticisms to heart. Richard, on the other hand, was unamused. He was looking at her with a slanted frown and his hands on his hips, much like a father not putting up with his child's tantrum.

"Don't take long changing or we'll be late," he said as he watched them go.

Once they were gone, he sighed.

"I swear, I am taking years off my life unnecessarily," he said. "Maybe she'll calm down when she learns there's cake at the party."

The carriage ride to Dorrance's was....tense, to say the least, for Claes. On one end of the carriage, Kiara was still stewing in her own anger dressed in a new Expiate uniform. On the other, the Chief Commander was crossing his arms, frowning, and keeping his eyes closed. He looked, to say the least, exasperated. It was fortunately not too long a ride and by the time they reached the manor, they'd be invited with brilliant lights.

The front landscape had been decorated with lights and fresh flowers, and the manor itself shone with life from the inside.

"O-oh, hey! Look! We're here!" Claes said, trying to break the thick atmosphere.

As they reached the front of the house, Clara would see them and have to make her way up the steps. Once all three of them were down, Richard glanced at Claes and Kiara.

"Behave you two," he said.

He'd make his way up to the maid at the door who...what?

Instead of Viola, another maid was in her place. He was in front of a petite blonde girl with bright blue eyes who had a striking resemblance to Kiara. He turned around. No, Kiara was still there, being huffy.

...am I having a stroke? he thought. Strokes included hallucinations right?

He shook his head and made his way up, pulling an envelope containing the invitation from his coat.

"Good evening," He'd tell Clara. "We're here at the request of Lady Dorrance."
    KitKet
    KitKet

These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren] - Page 2 Empty Re: These Tables are Numbered [Dorrance/Ren]

Post by KitKet Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:22 am

Kiara couldn't interact with or even notice Clara at this rate, she was a bit too busy being huffy. She'd crossed her arms and was doing her best to look everywhere that Claes and the Commander were NOT. She'd fallen into silence as well, clearly upset at the whole situation.

Clara on the other hand smiled nervously as the group of Expiate members. For a moment, she had thought they might be here on other business. Thankfully it seemed they were guests as well. "Ah, it is a pleasure." She said, but not before giving a once over of the note. "Let me take your coats, if you don't mind."

She held her hands out, the tiniest bit of shaking came to them at the motion, though it might be hard to notice. Her smile faltered just slightly when she saw a huffy lookalike of hers now tying her jacket around her waste. Kiara offered no explanation, but was fully planning on walking in like that.

Clara was overwhelmed instantly. Of course Kiara would have to pass by Richard, but Clara had no idea what she should do after that. She was SUPPOSED to collect the coats...Would she be failing if she was refused?

She opted for silence, simply trying to be out of the way while still doing her job. "I-I can lead you to the ballroom once you have settled yourselves."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 am

Seeing Kiara tie her jacket around her waist was enough to make Richard glare at her. Without saying anything, he seemed to be saying "Don't test me, young lady.".

This girl was almost as stubborn as Liseran.

...almost.

Claes seemed to be the only one to pick up on Clara's distress at Kiara not giving her coat. Clara, who looked strikingly like Kiara. Clara, who, Claes had to admit, like Kiara, was really, really, really adorable. Claes herself had blinked a few times, and despite herself she found her cheeks slightly reddening at Clara's soft voice.

"Ah...um, yes. Of course," Claes said, peeling off her own coat. It revealed on the inside a rather boyish formal brown vest. Her collar was high with a ruffled front and a turquoise broach at her neck. At her side was her cutlass and a holster with her pistol.

"I'm afraid as officers, we'll have to bring our weapons," she said apologetically.

Richard was next, removing his outer coat to reveal a gentleman's formal blue vest. Despite looking rather lean with the coat, his vest and shirt revealed his broad shoulders and toned arms from underneath the fabric of his shirt. He removed his hat as well. Unlike Claes, he didn't seem to be brandishing any weapons.

Both he and Claes would then look at Kiara expectantly, with Richard crossing his arms.

"Etiquette, cadet," he said in a low voice. He was trying to show some authority, but it was less that of a commander, and more of a concerned parent.

He would then turn to Clara.

"We'll be more than happy to be guided," he said, still fascinated by Clara and Kiara's striking resemblance. "Apologies, but are you new here? I didn't know Dorrance hired. May we know your name?"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:01 am

Kiara, of course, gave a look back that simply said.

'Fight me.'

Still, she eventually relented. She wasn't going to get anywhere by pissing off the commander hard enough to get thrown out of the party. Well, she was still gonna be huffy for the next hour or so. It was hard if she was being honest. Claes was hard to be mad at at least, though, when she saw her look at the maid AND BLUSH. It suddenly got a little easier...

She let out an angry sigh as she handed her coat over to the maid.

She was...a bit surprised at how similar they looked. She whirled around, about to make a comment to Claes with a widening smile, but of course remembered her mission and snapped right back to being huffy. "Thank you." She said simply. Clara, on the other hand gave a small smile now that the situation seemed to have past.

"Oh that's no problem at all!" She chirped in regards to the weapons. "I feel safer already." She let out a small laugh before clearing her throat and gesturing for them to follow. "Hmm? Oh yes I've been here for a short while. I was hired shortly after Miss Ren fell ill. M-my name is Clara Rissus! I'm-" And then, almost comically, the maid seemed to trip over nothing at all. She flew forward, a surprised expression on her face.

Only she stopped, just randomly floating there. It felt like a small gust of wind was keeping her up, slowly she was guided back to her feet. Looking back, she saw Kiara, at the back of the group, seemingly muttering to herself and looking her way. Her eyes quickly went to the side, though, and she quickly went back to being huffy.

Clara could only give a small smile...Well before she realized how embarrassing that had been. "A-ah I'm so sorry about that! Please keep following me!" She upped her step, only stumbling every now and then as she hurried along to the ballroom.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:47 am

Richard let out a sharp exhale as Kiara finally relented. He supposed she wanted the party enough to behave a little bit--not that she wasn't going to rebel in her own small ways, he was sure.

Meanwhile, Claes let out a nervous laugh as Clara spoke about feeling safer.

"A-ahahahaha...w-well! I mean...it' is our job!" Claes said, oddly smiling very wide and scratching her head sheepishly. "I'd be a horrible officer to let someone as cute--errm, as nice as you to get hurt, right?"

Richard's eyebrows raised for a moment, and then he squinted.

Is...is she subconsciously flirting with the maid?

An ominous feeling for some reason loomed over Richard's shoulder as he glanced at Kiara as they walked. This didn't feel like it was going to be good for anyone.

Richard tried to shift topics.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Risus," he said. "I'm sure Dorrance is very pleased with your work."

Clara almost tripped. Richard reflexively tried to reach over and catch her, but it seemed someone had cast a spell to save her. Looking back, Richard realized it was Kiara and turning around he also smiled to himself.

As Clara led them forward, they would be sent to a large ballroom bright with light and bustling with activity. The party proper hadn't started just yet and everyone was setting up. The three would notice Dorrance in the distance, dressed elegantly in black with her hair up and talking to one of the decorators. When she turned, she'd beam and run towards Richard.

"Godfather!" she said.

Richard offered a small smile. To his surprise, Dorrance began to hug him, something he stiffly returned.

"Ah, Dorrance, the place looks beautiful," he said. "You've outdone yourself."

Dorrance grinned.

"Well, that's because I have such wonderful help. Viola's taken charge of all the issues and Clara herself has been lovely," she said. She'd then turn to Clara, gently smiling. "Clara, you're free to go back to your duties."

Dorrance would then lower herself slightly to look at Claes and Kiara.

"And these might be your officers," Dorrance said.

Claes stiffly made a bow, mostly because of Dorrance's appearance. Aside from being a fancy noble of high stature, she was stunningly beautiful. It was less that Claes was attracted to her than it was she was fascinated by her. She looked like something right out of a painting with her porcelain skin and gentle eyes. It was hard seeing her as someone human, if she were honest.

"Officer Claes Alfson," she said. "At your service."

Last edited by Lilac on Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Kiara stared at Claes silently as she...acted all weird with Clara. There was something about the interaction that really bothered her. She placed a hand on her hip, looking down as her mouth formed a grim line. She looked almost pained as she tried to get a handle on her emotions.

Had Claes ever called her cute?

"O-oh! W-w-well thank you officer Claes!" Clara's entire face seemed to flush at the sudden compliment. Thankfully, Richard spoke once again, breaking the girl out of her sudden shock. "Oh thank you!" She chirped, seeming to take the compliment to heart. She did try very hard after all...

Kiara took a moment to glance towards Dorrance as she ran up and hugged the Commander. He was her....Godfather? She glanced away quick enough though, too focused on her own thoughts to really entertain some stuffy noble. Her parents had adopted the nobility mindset, she was willing to bet this Dorrance was insufferable. "M' a Cadet...Ferro." She muttered, letting out a rather forlorn sigh.

Clara on the other hand, gave a bright smile at the compliment. Her eyes practically sparkled and she stood there for a full two seconds after Dorrance had told her to return to her duties. "....OH! R-right! Thank you! Um..." She gave an awkward bow and scampered off, making her way back towards the entrance.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:02 am

If Dorrance had noticed Kiara's curtness, she definitely didn't show it. She bent down slightly to be at Kiara's level, her bright aquamarine eyes looking at her with interest before giving off a motherly smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Cadet," she said before turning to Claes. "Also, Officer Alfson, your name is familiar. Are you perhaps General Alfson's relative?"

Claes stiffened at the recognition and she flushed slightly.

"A-ah, that would be correct, Lady Marlon," she said. "He is my grand uncle."

Dorrance's eyes lit up with recognition.

"Oh, how fascinating!" she said. "He must be very proud of you being an esteemed Expiate officer."

To this, Claes didn't reply but instead nodded unsurely. Dorrance seemed to have not noticed as she brought her attention back to Richard.

"What nice officers you have," she said. "I feel safer already. Though, there really is no need for that much security. I'd honestly have you all just enjoy the party as normal guests!"

Richard shook his head.

"I can't place any risks," he said. "After that small intrusion you had last time, I'd feel safer providing as much security as possible. Unfortunately, we're a little short on staff, so we'll make do with what we have."

Dorrance merely beamed at this.

"It's more than enough, godfather," she said touching his arm affectionately. "Now, I suppose I should orient you to the house and..."

Claes and Kiara would be given the general layout of the house, but their duties would honestly focus more on watching the ballroom door and while Richard was the one who would be surveying the perimeter, though Dorrance would insist that as her godfather he make a toast later on, to which he relented. It wouldn't be long before the guests started arriving and the night grew darker. The moon was out and bright, and the house started to fill with music and dancing.

As Claes and Kiara stood outside behind the closed doors of the ballroom, Dorrance was busy entertaining her guests. She had noted it had been awhile since Ren had come round and was starting to contemplate whether or not she should go back up to check on her. She'd excuse herself and start making her way to the ballroom exit.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:40 pm

Kiara stood there, arms crossed and looking out into the crowd. She had HOPED she would get to at least have a little FUN. Every now and then, she'd glance over at Claes, her face all wound up. It was hard to be all pouty when it was just them after all. After a couple minutes of awkward silence though, she finally spoke up.

"That made from before...She looked a lot like me." She stated bluntly. She paused, waiting for a response from Claes.

--

Ren on the other hand, having finally picked out her clothing. A short top cropped to show her stomach, with flowing sleeves parted to show her shoulder and a bit of forearm along with a flowing skirt parted along the thigh and finally the closest thing she could find to her usual footwear. She was about to dance, no need to break both her ankles trying to do so in heels. She had been heading out of her room when she finally picked up on the sheer number of people that had shown up. The noise was astounding to her. She hadn't even seen them yet, but her heart started beating hard. She was used to crowds, sure, but the closer she got to the doors, the more the noise up and overwhelmed her.

She didn't understand why she was still this way, surely the illness shouldn't have stayed with her so long...

She froze, placing her back against the wall and just...waiting. She was sure the noise would go down soon...She just needed to wait a moment...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 am

"Hm?" Claes said absentmindedly.

She had been quite focused on staring at both sides of the hallway, examining every sound, movement, shadow...and it was really boring so her mind started to drift off. Once she processed Kiara's query however, she perked up and gasped.

"Oh! You noticed too!" she said. "I thought I was going crazy for a moment. Yeah, you two look pretty much alike well save for the teeth and your tattoos. It's kind of funny seeing a sweet and shy maid look like you, huh?"

Claes obviously wasn't getting the hint.

"You think you two are secretly related?" she said curiously.

It was then that she noticed a figure in the distance. Claes stiffened for a moment. For some reason, she got a cold and odd unsettling feeling. Like the Cartic stones she had were reacting to the presence of a different kind of magic. Cantus?

But when she looked closer, it seemed to be an elegant woman with short-blonde hair dressed in Saad formal clothing.

"A-ah..." Claes suddenly trailed off. "Good evening! A-are you headed to the ballroom, Madam...?"

Seeing how the person was here, she was guessing that they were a guest. Clara, after all, had been watching the door. She also matched the description of the bard Richard had mentioned.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Being pouty got MUCH easier after Claes spoke. She stared at Claes hard for a moment before crossing her arms once again and looking away in a huff. "I don't think it's that funny." She muttered, her lips pulling down into a frown. "...I thought I was plenty sweet." She muttered once more, now thinking about faults in her own personality. Claes seemed to really like that maid...

Before she could go any further though, she felt the hairs stand up on her neck, she looked around her eyes narrowing on an emerging figure.

Ren on the other hand, had spotted them long before they even knew she was there. She smiled gracefully and forced herself forward. Well, it was time to entertain!

"Good evening." She beamed back, despite just how loud it was getting. She couldn't help but laugh at Claes' next words though."Madam!? Ah, there's no need to be polite with me. I'm just a simple bard from Saadedge. Ren Everette, tis a pleasure to meet you both!" She chirped, giving them both a sunny smile. "Those Expiate uniforms...Oh! You're hear to help keep the peace no?" She remembered Dorrance offhandedly mentioning there would be guards in place.

Kiara was staring at Ren intently as she spoke, a bit of red coming from her own cheeks. The unsettling feeling was still there but...the girl in front of them was so oddly beautiful she couldn't help but stare. Kiara quietly glanced towards Claes, trying to get her reaction to all this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:10 pm