Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Hana looked more than surprised when Fey offered to help her get out. She seemed rather adamant too, with her firm voice and her teary eyes. Fey would feel Hana cup the fairy into her palms and pet her head.

"There, there," she said. "Don't be upset! I'm okay, I promise! Sure I get a little sad, but without some sadness in our lives, we wouldn't have any happy ones right? I look forward to getting better one day, too. And I'd love to go with adventures with you and Corvus, but..."

Hana looked away.

"I don't want to burden you two, either," she said. "I don't know if there's any way I could help you with your quests and I'd more likely be a liability than an asset. I can't put you two at risk like that."

She beamed.

"But until then, we can--"

"Excuse me," a voice would say from a short distance.

As if by instinct, Hana hid Fey in between her hands, cupped like a small firefly. She didn't know why, but she had a feeling it was important no one see Fey. Like she was a special secret only she and Corvus were allowed to know.

...but why though...?

If Corvus looked, a woman with dark hair tightly wrapped in a bun and wearing a coat was approaching with a clipboard. She looked to be about in her mid-sixties, with a few wrinkles to her face, and held an air of authority about her. Hana turned around and tilted her head, her hands hiding in the sheets of her robe to make sure Fey's glow didn't appear.

"Oh, you're doctor...doctor..."

The older woman smiled.

"Doctor Blythe," she said.

Hana smiled sheepishly.

"Oh, right...I'm sorry, I--"

The doctor raised a hand reassuringly.

"That's alright, Hana," she said. "I was wondering if I could borrow your friend for a moment. Ask him a few questions."

"Oh! I, err, I suppose if it's okay with him?"

The doctor smiled at Corvus.

"It will be really quick," she reassured. "I just need to discuss some things about Hana's health, is all. Miss Agapito told me you're one of her guardians, so I supposed it was best I talk to you first, Mr. Crowe."
    KitKet
    KitKet

The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Name of the Flower We Saw That Day [Corvus/Hana]

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Of course, both Fey AND Corvus were about to go into the many many MANY reasons as to why Hana wouldn't be a burden. Sadly, it seemed they were to be interrupted. Corvus was surprised to see Hana suddenly hide Fey. That was definitely a good sign right!? His surprise only grew when he was suddenly asked to speak with the doctor. His eyebrow raised, but he quickly relented. If it had to do with Hana's health he couldn't just ignore it. "I suppose I can spare a few moments." He let out a small laugh before pushing himself up. "I'll be a few moments, I promise." That line was almost nostalgic at this rate. How many times had he had to reassure Hana that he wouldn't up and disappear on her after that one time?

With a final smile he turned and walked towards Blythe. "Is everything alright?" He'd ask once they got far enough away. Call him cynical, but doctors didn't often approach him with good news lately...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Hana tried to give her own smile as Corvus reassured her, but the moment he left, her expression darkened. She'd open her hands a bit to let Fey out.

"Fey...is there something you and Corvus aren't telling me?" she asked.

There was the smallest hint of hurt in her voice, but she was trying to keep up a smile regardless.

Corvus meanwhile would be led back inside the building to where Hana's room was. Doctor Blythe was shuffling papers.

"Sorry to do this out of the blue, but I never seem to be around when you visit by and Miss Agapito doesn't come at all, so I thought now would be a prime opportunity to talk," Doctor Blythe said. The woman turned to Corvus, but her eyes stayed focused on the charts. "We've been tracking Miss Belnades' progress, and, well..."

She looked at Corvus and frowned.

"We're afraid she's deteriorating," she said firmly. "At least, her memory is."

She paused for a moment before handing her clipboard to Corvus. He'd see a sketch of the human brain, lines, and graphs and numbers, but not be able to make any sense out of it.

"Miss Belnades barely remembers anything, anymore," she said. "Today, she didn't even know her name. We're afraid at this point, she's going to be in a state where she'll begin to forget not just within a day, but within hours. But before I can make any confirmation on this, I need to know if you've noticed this same form of deterioration as well as you talk to her a lot during your visits. Does she seem to remember anything at all? And does she forget herself in the middle of your talks?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Fey looked up into Hana's eyes. She didn't know what to say, not this time. Slowly her shoulder's slumped, her ears twitching downwards as she hung her head. "It's like ya said. It would just make ya sad." She muttered. "I want ya tae have fun with me n Corvus. Not worry about who we were tae ya." After a few seconds, she looked back up and Hana, tears swimming in her eyes. "Please don't be mad."

Meanwhile, Corvus wasn't fairing much better. He took a moment, taking a deep breath and pinching the bridge of his nose as he tried to keep composed. "God, what are you all even doing over here? What's the point of healing magic if it can't at least STABILIZE her?" His eyes squeezed shut for few moments. He let himself fall into silence, trying not to up and cause a scene here...He needed to do better. He needed to figure this out. "She was fine today." He finally sighed. "She knows her memory is bad, but talks about dreams she's been having. They sound more like memories to me, if I'm being honest." She crossed his arms, leaning against the wall and scowling. "You have to know...Is there anyone, ANYWHERE than can help? Money isn't an issue, nor is distance." Just give him SOMETHING to work with.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:16 pm

Doctor Blythe, used to giving out this form of news, wasn't surprised by Corvus' reaction.

"Healing magic can only do so much," she said. "Healing magic works on wounds and injuries because it regenerates the lost flesh, skin, and bones. But memory is not something that can 'regenerate'. As for why she's deteriorating..."

Doctor Blythe's voice trailed off for a moment.

"That is something I cannot easily answer," she said. "Our doctors and healers show us that there's technically no more injury to her brain. So why she's unable to retain her memories, we're not so sure of."

Corvus asked if there was any means of helping her.

"Well, based on what you told me," she said. "And some previous research, we found that the best way to reduce deterioration of any sort in illness is constant activity and stimulation. I assume the only real possibility, and right now we're not even sure, is that there are people here that can constantly jog her memory. You seem to be linked with her past and I have noticed her mood and performance improves greatly for the week. But it would need to be constant, and I take it with your sporadic visits, it's not something you can do to always be by her side. Someone needs to be able to actively keep her memory alive, every day. I would ask Miss Agapito, but she does not seem to want to visit at all."

Doctor Blythe sighed.

"You know, her visits do mean a lot to you, even if she doesn't remember it," she said. "Did you know half the time she's just sitting at her bedroom and looking at the flower vase there? And half the other time, she's just by the flowers near the bushes, as if looking for something. I think she needs family to talk to if she wants any chance of getting better."

When Fey apologized, Hana pet her gently.

"Oh, I could never be mad at you," Hana said, proceeding to nuzzle Fey against her cheek. "You're too adorable and sweet for that."

She considered what Fey said and hugged the fairy close.

"I know you mean well, and I guess I did say it wouldn't matter," she said. "But for what it's worth...I would be honored to learn if I knew you before this state of mine."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Corvus stayed quiet for awhile after the doctor spoke. It seemed he was helping after all. He couldn't stay though, neither could Fey in the end. Not if they wanted to actually cure her. He set his jaw, slowly running a hand through his hair as he thought. What should he do? What would Sal do?

No, he couldn't ask a question like that.

"Would I be able to take her out for a bit then? Maybe a few months so long as I meet with doctors?" God what the hell was he doing? "If this place is doing more harm than good, that might be for the best..." He muttered, his eyes squinting. "If she's getting worse, I need to do something." He finally stated. He was going to fix this, but he would NOT have her suffer in the meantime.

--

Fey let out a sigh of relief, nuzzling against Hana tightly as she was held. "Mmmmm I wish more people shared yer view." She giggled, smiling brightly at the girl. "That marriage offer is still SUPER open if ya change yer mind." She made one last joke before finally growing serious, her face dropping slightly. "That group ya dream about in Dearmad. That was us. You were part of a family that loved ya...That STILL loves ya." Again, Fey felt tears begin to fill her eyes. She quickly buried herself against Hana, staying there for a moment before speaking. "I loved ya most tho."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:03 pm

"Taking her away?" Doctor Blythe said. "Well, I mean, I suppose we could consider it. However, we do need to keep daily observations on her. Perhaps a daily doctor's visit or even weekly..."

Doctor Blythe started jotting down in her pad.

"I'm afraid I'm not the one who makes the say, however," she said. "It'll be the higher ups. I would also need Miss Claudia Agapito and Mrs. Althea Veiller's signature of approval as they were the key guardians who placed her here. But, as you're all close, I'm sure that won't be an issue, right?"

She nodded.

"Anyway, that's all I need," she said, somewhat smiling. "I can bring up your suggestion, but we'll need to know where her whereabouts will be, such as her living arrangements. We'll also need papers on everyone's backgrounds to see if they are liable caretakers--Mrs. Veiller seemed the most applicable--and it should be good to go. You can come back a few days from now, am I correct?"

Hana giggled at the marriage offer and blushed.

"You're too good for me, Fey," she said.

However, her laughs would subside as Fey divulged into her the truth and even became teary-eyed. As Fey buried herself in Hana, she'd feel warm water plop on her head from above. If she looked, Hana's eyes were streaming down hot tears.

"My...family?" she murmured.

Hana would hold Fey even tighter, smiling as her voice cracked.

"But of course...why else would you be here?" she murmured. She sniffled a bit as she brought Fey back up to her face and nuzzle her. "Fey...I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry I forgot all about you...about Corvus...I'm so sorry I can't remember..."

Fey would hear Hana's voice crack again, and Hana would lower the fairy down as more tears fell. She brought up one of her arms, pressing them against her eyes as if trying to get them to stop crying, but she began to cry even harder.

"I wish I knew...! I wish I could remember!" she said. "I want to love everyone again!"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Fuck's sake Corvus was already tired. "I can't just walk out huh?" A moment of silence. "Well, at least she's secure." He let out a chuckle and waved his hand. "I'll get everything ready and be back in a few days then. None of it should be a problem." Well, aside from literally everything. How the hell was he going t-

Ugh, it didn't matter. He'd figure it out...He always did...

-

"Oh please don't cry, flower." Fey was having a hard time taking her own advice if she was being honest. "None of it is yer fault! Please don't cry." She sniffled, letting herself be held close. "Yer face lights up every time ya see us...Th-that's enough fer now. A-at least until we fix things! N' I promise we will!" Despite her confident statement, tears were practically flooding from Fey's face. "You will love everyone again! T-that's a promise!!!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:53 am

"Afraid you can't," Doctor Blythe said with an apologetic smile. "But yes, I'm sure you can all work it amongst yourselves. And if you need any help with processing papers, the administration's office will be more than happy to help."

Blythe looked at her watch.

"I'm afraid it's time for me to go," she said. "But thank you for your help. I'm sure that if we cooperate, we should be able to help Hana's condition a little more."

With that, she'd vanish into another room.

Hana continued to cry, almost bitterly at this point. As Fey comforted her, she managed to get in a large inhale and wipe her eyes a bit.

"Oh, Fey, I'm so sorry..." she said. "I...*sniff*I shouldn't be crying when *sniff* know we have such little time together."

She'd bring up Fey again and pet her. Even between her tears, she managed a small chuckle.

"Plus I wouldn't want to make Corvus upset," she said.

She managed an exhale, wiping her tears and calming down. She'd lower Fey down again on her lap, smiling sadly.

"I hope you're right, Fey...that I can love everyone again," she said. "I really do..."
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Corvus nodded again as the doctor spoke. He'd work it out for sure. If all else fails, he could rely on Fey and her illusions. Such a thing would probably piss off both Claudia AND Tala, but its not like they were visiting her and seeing this. It was easier for them to just put Hana in a box somewhere and forget she exists.

Oh, he was getting angry.

Corvus shook of the emotion, giving a small wave to the doctor as she retreated. Okay, back to it then.

--

Before Corvus got there, Fey had just a few more moments. "Aww don't cry." Fey sighed, furiously wiping her own tears away. "But don't feel bad if ya do. I just want ya to be happy." At Hana's last words, though, Fey would hold up a finger. She needed just a moment.

After a few breaths, Fey stood up and placed her hands on her hips confidently. "Reality is what I make of it, flower! The gods themselves won't stop me from getting ya better!" She pointed towards Hana, a wide smile appearing on her face despite the tears. "That's my promise."

Corvus had walked a moment before Fey's outburst. Instead of intruding, he simply stayed quiet, crossing his arms and leaning against a nearby wall out of sight. He'd give them another moment or so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content