Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

2 posters

I Am the One

KitKet
    KitKet

I Am the One - Page 3 Empty Re: I Am the One

Post by KitKet Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:37 am

"A mysterious hero hmmm?" Ren beamed, placing finger on her chin. She had a story in mind..."Very well, let me tell you of the hero of the common folk!"

Ren would begin tapping and dancing, like before she'd spin and a lute would appear in her hands. She'd gotten quite good with this trick, she'd use it whenever she could. Once again, she began to play a song. It was fairly simple and lighthearted, which let Ren dance a little more. She tended to move about the room, clicking her heels, hopping and bobbing around.

As before she laced the area with illusions, giving the area and warm and almost sunny backdrop. If they weren't too careful, both Dorrance and Viola would find themselves bobbing along. Ren always found that the atmosphere was as important as the song itself.

At the end, she gave yet another bow and waited for a reaction.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:15 pm

Dorrance listened chirpily as Ren sang her next song. The protagonist of the story wasn't the typical hero Saoirsians sang of, but she liked the idea of a rebellious rogue just going about. She, once again, gave a delighted clap at the end of the song.

"One of the best tonight, yet, Miss Ren," Dorrance said smiling brightly.

"Indeed," Viola said. She'd turn to Dorrance. "I'm sorry to interject while you're having such a nice time, Lady Dorrance, but I'm afraid it is getting rather late."

Dorrance looked out the window.

"Oh...I suppose it is," she said. And then, letting out a small sigh, "It's a pity I didn't get to hear any romantic songs. But I suppose you must be tired by now, aren't you, Miss Ren?"
    KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Ren was going to throw her Goddamn lute at Viola. For fuck's sake it was DORRANCE'S private show. Dorrance could decide when it was over. Or the bard even. Ren eye twitched briefly, but she took a breath and calmed herself down. She needed to relax. She wasn't usually so hostile, but...also Viola was trying to kill her. God, she wished she was in Saadedge right now. She'd punch her lights out, tie her to the back of a camel, smack it and watch her get dragged into the desert.

The whole experience was fairly unpleasant, but survivable. It was more mercy than Viola had been showing her thus far...

Oh Gods the performance. She gave another bow. "I'm happy you enjoyed it, My Lady." She would smile wide, placing her hands behind her back and rocking back and forth. "I could do this all night! I'm quite proud of my stamina." She let out a light laugh and beamed at Dorrance. "If it is romance you desire, it is romance you shall receive, dove." Ren was feeling much more like herself now. If there was one thing she knew how to do right, it was entertain. Much of the nerves she'd been feeling before were quickly washing away.

She would finish the night off on a high note no matter what.

This time, she didn't grab an instrument. She took a breath and began to hum a tune. In time, she moved into a small dance and finally she began to sing. Her voice carried, echoing across the room as she moved about. Her eyes didn't often leave Dorrance's, and she never so much as glanced at Viola. This was a deeply personal song after all.

For once, she didn't cast many illusion spells. The beat and the instruments, sure, but she didn't go wild affecting the atmosphere like usual. She was relying on her song and dance for that alone.

By the end of the song, she'd knelt down and taken one of Dorrance's hands in her own. Sure, it could simply be a part of the performance itself, and bolder bards could be known to do such things. Ren, however, would bring Dorrance's captured hand to her lips, giving it a light kiss before bowing her head low. The performance was over and, like usual, she would wait for a reaction.

It was about then that Ren realized just how hard her heart was beating. Apparently, she hadn't been as confident as she thought...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Dorrance went quiet as Ren's song begun. She had always thought Ren's voice was beautiful, but with this song and without all the ambience, it felt more than that. It felt...ethereal, even. The lyrics itself was captivating. A story about a woman in a forbidden love but was assured that while the world was against them, fate had decided this from the beginning.

Dorrance's cheeks turned rosy. She felt odd as she was getting chills and goosebumps, but also felt a warmth flash across her chest. She watched silently as Ren performed and dance and...start moving closer to her, kneeling down and kissing her hand.

When the song ended, Dorrance sat, stunned and looking at Ren all red. Suddenly, Dorrance shot up and cupped her face in embarrassment.

"A-ahh...e-excuse me! I-I just...I just have to go somewhere!" she squeaked before rushing out of the ballroom.

Viola's eyes drifted towards Dorrance but she made no motion to move. Instead, she looked at Ren. She was silent for a moment before breathing out.

"It seems that last performance was a little too...intimate for milady," she said in an offhanded remark. "Forgive her. It must be hard for her to respond quickly to affections, genuine or dreamed up. That said, I'm guessing that's the end of your little show, hm?"

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:36 pm

There was a lot of ways Dorrance could've reacted. Ren was NOT expecting her to straight up run out of the room. She sat back on her heel and watched the retreating woman disappear beyond the door. There was a shocked look written on her face, that gave way to a bit of doubt. She'd pushed too hard there huh? Had she come on too strong? Sure they were getting along well enough, Saoirse culture was probably a lot different than hers. Gah, she didn't think this through! Romance was probably way different here!

Viola..being Viola didn't help things either. Ren awkwardly tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "You're right." Ren sighed, pushing herself up. "That may have been too much." She shifted on her feet. "I'll have to apologize when I get a chance." She nodded to herself and did her best to ignore how condescending Viola was. "Little?" Rather than showing shock or anger, Ren chose to laugh. "I suppose it was rather little hmm?" She began to leave the room, but hesitated when she got to the door. "I know it was a private show, but I do hope you enjoyed yourself as well." She'd glance over at the woman, a small smile on her face. Unless Viola stopped her, she'd exit the ballroom, casually moving towards her own room. She figured Dorrance would need some space before seeing her again...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:06 pm

"You have a pleasant evening, Miss Ren," Viola merely said as Ren walked out.

She wasn't about to offer her any consolation.

[color=#b6fadc]"...haah...haah..."[color]

Dorrance tried to steady her breath. Her heart was pounding wildly and her breath was short. She had no idea what came over her, but she had been so flustered that she ended up running out and retreating to an empty room to get her nerves together.

She hadn't sit down in any chair, no. Instead, she was pressed up against a wall, her hands pressed against the center of her chest as she tried to steady her heartbeat.

"Calm down, Dorrance," she murmured to herself. "Calm down..."

Ooohhh, but how was she supposed to calm down?? She was freaking out!

Ren had taken her hand and kissed it! It was so romantic! The last time anyone had ever done that to her was when her former husband had been courting her, and that had all been in pretense! But now here was an adorable bard singing to her and kissing her hand after promising to be there for her!

"Oh, Ren..." she murmured as she touched her face. Her cheeks were tingly.

She realized that rushing out had been entirely rude. In fact, she had probably placed the show to a halt!

The high she felt flipped on its head and turned to sheer dread. Oh god, what did she do?? Why did she leave like that?? What was Ren going to think??

She was about to hurry back to the ballroom when she saw Ren slumping into the hallways. Dorrance would halt in her tracks as she came right in front of her. Her hands slapped themselves over her mouth.

"M-Miss Ren!" she squeaked. "I...I was just about to head back."

She then let out a small whimper as she looked down at the ground.

"A-aah..I'm so sorry I ran out like that! I don't know what came over me!" she said. "It was really rude, but I-I panicked! It wasn't your fault, though, I promise! It was really nice! I loved every bit of that song and I...I..."

Dorrance couldn't really express herself and her words were all jumbling. She couldn't phrase it out and she just really wanted to not feel bad for leaving Ren hanging the way she did. Steadying herself, she let out an exhale.

"I just...I really really want you to know that show meant more than anything to me," she said quietly. "I'm really sorry for leaving like that. Please...please don't hate me."

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 am

Of course Viola didn't even try to be a decent person. That was the last time Ren would reach out then. She could've dropped this whole thing right then and there.

Oh well...

Ren was QUITE surprised to see Dorrance suddenly running at her. For a moment, she thought she was about to get scolded. Thankfully, it seemed the opposite was true. A slow, relieved exhale escaped her lips at the woman's explanation. It seemed her fears were simply folly.

"Lady Dorrance." Ren would gently speak as Dorrance seemed to be withdrawing into herself. Ren carefully reached out and took her hands in her own. "Like I said, I could never hate you." She stepped a bit closer, her gaze softening. "I'm happy you enjoyed my show and I'm happy it meant so much to you. I understand why you ran out. I was pretty brazen back there..." She smiled despite herself. She was being pretty brazen right now, ironically enough..."You don't have to apologize. It was rather cute." She gave a small laugh. "But I could never hate you..." She whispered again. She was resisting the urge to lean in at this point. This whole situation was so romantic. It was making Ren's heart beat so hard. The only thing she found herself wanting to do was take Dorrance's lips and hold her close...
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:30 am

When Ren held Dorrance's hands, she would notice the latter was practically shaking now. Ren reassured her that all was fine and that she didn't hate her.

Why?
    Why don't you hate me?

Ren explained that she understood why Dorrance would have run out and that she had been pretty advance. Dorrance wanted to shake her head and say not at all. In fact, she had wanted to return her affections right then and there.

Her mind was screaming at her to not take things too fast, that after everything her husband had put her through, she had every reason to be wary of someone who was making her fall so hard so fast. But every fiber in Dorrance's body wanted this. Her hands wanted to squeeze Ren's hands tighter. Her arms wanted to wrap around her. She wanted to hold her close and smell her.

As the clouds passed by, the moon beamed from outside and directly at them from the window. Dorrance thought Ren looked so lovely in the moonlight. Her blonde hair was a soft silky subdued gold, her emerald eyes shining so brightly and clearly in the light's reflection.

"I...I..."

Ren spoke to her again, this time softer, calling her cute and promising she could never hate her. Ren would feel Dorrance's breath as she drew closer. Dorrance found herself drawing closer to, her body feeling like it was going to melt on the spot.

"I..."

It was right there. She was right there. She didn't care if this was too fast. She didn't care if she got hurt again. At least not at the moment.

Dorrance hadn't been able to love for so long.

She wanted to now.

And she wanted it to be Ren.

Dorrance would lean forward, letting go of Ren's hands and cupping Ren's face and bringing them closer to her. Her lips would try to close into Ren's in a passionate kiss. If Ren reciprocated, Dorrance would hold her tightly and not let go.

KitKet
    KitKet

Post by KitKet Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:45 am

Throughout all of this, Ren had always been trying to think of Dorrance's feelings. Sure, she wanted to be regarded favorably, it was good for her survival after all...but, she didn't want to take advantage of or trick Dorrance. Throughout this whole process, Ren found herself falling hard in the process. Ren was well aware that she was the type to do so. She'd had many fleeting romances that would turn sour after a night or two.

None had felt like this, though.

Maybe it was the added danger. Maybe it was because she opened up. It wasn't founded on honeyed words or lines. It had been founded on vulnerability.

And that really scared Ren.

When Dorrance leaned forward, Ren's eyes widened. After a beat, she just...let it all go. Her eyes closed, she leaned forward as well and gently returned the kiss. Dorrance was beautiful, kind and caring. She felt safe with her, and thats all she ever wanted. As the kiss grew more passionate, Ren reciprocated in kind, pressing herself against Dorrance almost desperately.

She didn't want this to end, not any time soon.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 am

The moment Ren reciprocated the kiss, Dorrance held her even tighter and kissed her even more deeply. One of her hands would run through Ren's soft yellow hair as she held her tightly. She wanted to press Ren even closer to her even if it wasn't possible. She wanted to never let go of the softness and warmth she felt holding Ren.

Sadly, a part of her self-preservation kicked in. She knew as much as she wanted to share this moment with Ren longer, here in the open wasn't where to do it. Not when Viola was there and not when she knew Viola would disapprove.

She'd gently part her lips from Ren's, her breath heavy. Her eyes slowly lifted to Ren's, her expression still dazed.

"Maybe we should go somewhere a little more..." she murmured. She flushed. "Where...where no one can see us."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 pm